|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says a prayer at Charles Bon's funeral?
(c) Theophilus McCaslin.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
2. How does Wash Jones' granddaughter die?
(a) She dies of yellow fever.
(b) She dies in childbirth.
(c) Sutpen kills her.
(d) Jones kills her.
3. What has Bon replaced the picture Judith had given him with?
(a) A picture of himself in his uniform.
(b) A picture of Henry.
(c) A picture of Thomas.
(d) A picture of his wife and child.
4. How old is Rosa at the time of Bon's death?
5. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
(a) The French planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Spanish.
(b) The planter destroys his daughter's birth certificate.
(c) The planter has the neighbors lie about his daughter's mother.
(d) The planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Native American.
6. When Quentin goes to Sutpen's Hundred with Rosa, who tries to stop them from going up the stairs?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Jim Bond.
(d) Wash Jones.
7. What is the name of Charles and Henry's company during the war?
(a) The University Grays.
(b) The Oxford Company.
(c) The Jefferson Regiment.
(d) The Mississippi Company.
8. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In her father's store.
(b) In the Compson house.
(c) In Sutpen's house.
(d) In the swamp.
9. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
(a) The Confederate Army.
(b) The Mississippi Senate.
(c) Jefferson's City Council.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
10. What is the setting of Chapter 8?
(a) Quentin and Shreve's dorm room.
(b) Rosa Coldfield's office.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Sutpen's Hundred, New Orleans, and Civil War battlefields.
11. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
(b) General Compson.
12. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) At Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) In a military camp.
13. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
(a) A picture of herself that she had given Bon.
(b) Bon's hat.
(c) A picture of Bon's wife and child.
(d) Bon's jacket.
14. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
(a) She does not love Sutpen.
(b) Sutpen insults her.
(c) She hates Clytie.
(d) She fights with Judith.
15. What is the name of the woman who Sutpen impregnates after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's first child?
2. Who is Penelope?
3. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Henry did after his final meeting with his father?
4. When Quentin and Jason visit the Sutpen graveyard, who is buried there?
5. What is Charles Bon's religion?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)