|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wash Jones' granddaughter die?
(a) Jones kills her.
(b) She dies of yellow fever.
(c) Sutpen kills her.
(d) She dies in childbirth.
2. Who is the letter in Chapter 6 from?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Jason Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Charles Bon.
3. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's first child?
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Judith Sutpen.
4. Who kills Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Wash Jones.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
5. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
(a) The Mississippi Senate.
(b) Jefferson's City Council.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) The Confederate Army.
6. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
(a) The death of Rosa Coldfield.
(b) The love of Charles Bon for Judith Sutpen.
(c) The death of Charles Bon.
(d) The sale of Sutpen's hundred.
7. Who is Penelope?
(a) Sutpen's daughter.
(b) Sutpen's sister.
(c) Sutpen's mother.
(d) Sutpen's mare, who bears a colt the same day Sutpen's last child is born.
8. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In the swamp.
(b) In the Compson house.
(c) In her father's store.
(d) In Sutpen's house.
9. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
(a) The demon.
(b) The devil.
(c) The idiot.
(d) The fighter.
10. Where is Thomas Sutpen the second time Bon visits Sutpen's estate?
(a) In Jefferson.
(b) In Haiti.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) In Springfield.
11. How old is Charles Bon when he goes away to college?
12. What is the setting of Chapter 8?
(a) Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Sutpen's Hundred, New Orleans, and Civil War battlefields.
(c) Quentin and Shreve's dorm room.
(d) Rosa Coldfield's office.
13. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
14. What woman does Sutpen turn his attentions to after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
(a) Wash Jones' granddaughter.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) His neighbor's daughter.
(d) One of his neighbor's servants.
15. Who is discussing the Sutpen story in Chapter 6?
(a) Quentin and Rosa.
(b) Quentin and Shreve.
(c) Quentin and Jason.
(d) Quentin and Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sutpen's funeral?
2. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
3. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
4. Who conducts Sutpen's funeral service?
5. What is the name of Quentin's roommate?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)