|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who Sutpen impregnates after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
2. What woman does Sutpen turn his attentions to after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) One of his neighbor's servants.
(c) Wash Jones' granddaughter.
(d) His neighbor's daughter.
3. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
(a) She hates Clytie.
(b) Sutpen insults her.
(c) She fights with Judith.
(d) She does not love Sutpen.
4. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
(a) The planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Native American.
(b) The French planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Spanish.
(c) The planter destroys his daughter's birth certificate.
(d) The planter has the neighbors lie about his daughter's mother.
5. Where is Thomas Sutpen the second time Bon visits Sutpen's estate?
(a) In Haiti.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In Jefferson.
(d) In Springfield.
6. How old is Rosa at the time of Bon's death?
7. Who is Penelope?
(a) Sutpen's sister.
(b) Sutpen's mother.
(c) Sutpen's daughter.
(d) Sutpen's mare, who bears a colt the same day Sutpen's last child is born.
8. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Quentin Compson.
(d) Jason Compson.
9. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
(c) General Compson.
10. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
(a) Bon's hat.
(b) A picture of herself that she had given Bon.
(c) A picture of Bon's wife and child.
(d) Bon's jacket.
11. Who says a prayer at Charles Bon's funeral?
(a) Theophilus McCaslin.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
12. Who kills Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Wash Jones.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Judith Sutpen.
13. What happens to Charles Bon's son after his mother dies?
(a) He inherits her money and becomes a landowner.
(b) He comes to live at Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) He is sent to boarding school.
(d) He becomes a servant in New Orleans.
14. Who is Jim Bond?
(a) Judith's son.
(b) Charles Bon's grandson.
(c) Judith's servant.
(d) Clytie's son.
15. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Forty miles.
(c) Four hundred miles.
(d) A day's train ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wash Jones' granddaughter die?
2. Who is present when Rosa got engaged?
3. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
4. What is Charles Bon's religion?
5. Who makes Bon's coffin?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)