|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who conducts Sutpen's funeral service?
(a) The Catholic priest.
(b) General Compson.
(d) The Methodist preacher.
2. Who is discussing the Sutpen story in Chapter 6?
(a) Quentin and Henry.
(b) Quentin and Shreve.
(c) Quentin and Rosa.
(d) Quentin and Jason.
3. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
(a) Purchases a tombstone for Charles Bon.
(b) Moves to New Orleans.
(c) Moves into downtown Jefferson.
(d) Purchases a tombstone for her father.
4. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
(c) General Compson.
5. What is Charles Bon's religion?
6. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
(a) Judith and Rosa.
(d) No one.
7. What has Bon replaced the picture Judith had given him with?
(a) A picture of Henry.
(b) A picture of himself in his uniform.
(c) A picture of Thomas.
(d) A picture of his wife and child.
8. Who is the primary narrator of Chapter 8?
9. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Henry did after his final meeting with his father?
(a) Told Charles Bon that Henry knew he was partially black and also his brother.
(b) Left the army and returned to Sutpen's Hundred to protect Judith.
(c) Killed himself.
(d) Killed Bon immediately.
10. Who is Penelope?
(a) Sutpen's sister.
(b) Sutpen's mother.
(c) Sutpen's daughter.
(d) Sutpen's mare, who bears a colt the same day Sutpen's last child is born.
11. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
(a) Wash Jones kills her.
(b) Henry Sutpen kills her.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She dies of yellow fever.
12. Who is telling the Sutpen story in Chapter 7?
(a) Rosa and Shreve.
(b) Quentin and Rosa.
(c) Quentin and Shreve.
(d) Quentin and Jason.
13. Where is Thomas Sutpen born?
(a) In the territory that is to become North Carolina.
(b) In the territory that is to become Louisiana.
(c) In the territory that is to become Mississippi.
(d) In the territory that is to become West Virginia.
14. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
(a) Four hundred miles.
(b) A day's train ride.
(c) Eight miles.
(d) Forty miles.
15. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
(a) He hates her father.
(b) He discovers she is an adulteress.
(c) He discovers she is of mixed race.
(d) He discovers she has a child by another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman does Sutpen turn his attentions to after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
2. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
3. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe that Henry was wounded?
4. Where is Shreve from?
5. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)