Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
2. How does Quentin know about Thomas Sutpen's childhood?
(a) Rosa Coldfield tells Quentin about Sutpen's childhood.
(b) Sutpen's childhood is common knowledge in Jefferson.
(c) The Compsons possessed Thomas Sutpen's diary.
(d) Sutpen tells Quentin's grandfather, who tells Quentin's father, who tells Quentin.
3. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
(a) A day's train ride.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) Four hundred miles.
(d) Forty miles.
4. Where is Thomas Sutpen the second time Bon visits Sutpen's estate?
(a) In Haiti.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In Jefferson.
(d) In Springfield.
5. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
(a) He hates her father.
(b) He discovers she is of mixed race.
(c) He discovers she is an adulteress.
(d) He discovers she has a child by another man.
6. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
(a) No one.
(b) Judith and Rosa.
7. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Jason Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
8. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Thomas Sutpen tells Henry at their last meeting?
(a) That Henry cannot allow Bon to marry Judith.
(b) That Henry must keep Bon's identity a secret.
(c) That Henry should move out of the country.
(d) That Henry must kill Charles Bon.
9. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
(a) Moves to New Orleans.
(b) Purchases a tombstone for her father.
(c) Purchases a tombstone for Charles Bon.
(d) Moves into downtown Jefferson.
10. Who does Sutpen visit when he returns to Jefferson to place a tombstone on Ellen's grave?
(a) His first wife.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
11. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) The West Indies.
(d) South Carolina.
12. Who is present when Rosa got engaged?
(a) Judith and Clytie.
(d) Wash Jones.
13. Who is the primary subject of discussion in Chapter 8?
(a) Charles Bon.
(b) Quentin Compson.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Judith Sutpen.
14. Who conducts Sutpen's funeral service?
(a) The Methodist preacher.
(c) The Catholic priest.
(d) General Compson.
15. What is Sutpen's occupation between the time he leaves his family and the time he arrives in Jefferson?
(a) He is the overseer of a plantation.
(b) He is a woodworker.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He is a planter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Quentin goes to Sutpen's Hundred with Rosa, who tries to stop them from going up the stairs?
2. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
3. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe managed Sutpen's first wife's money?
4. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's first child?
5. What is the setting of Chapter 6?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)