|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Charles Bon's son after his mother dies?
(a) He comes to live at Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) He is sent to boarding school.
(c) He becomes a servant in New Orleans.
(d) He inherits her money and becomes a landowner.
2. What is the name of Charles and Henry's company during the war?
(a) The Mississippi Company.
(b) The Jefferson Regiment.
(c) The University Grays.
(d) The Oxford Company.
3. How does Charles Bon's son die?
(a) He is killed by Thomas Sutpen.
(b) He dies of yellow fever.
(c) He dies of old age.
(d) He is killed in a bar fight.
4. How does Judith Sutpen die?
(a) She is killed by Charles Bon's wife.
(b) She dies of yellow fever.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She dies of old age.
5. Who is Penelope?
(a) Sutpen's sister.
(b) Sutpen's mare, who bears a colt the same day Sutpen's last child is born.
(c) Sutpen's mother.
(d) Sutpen's daughter.
6. Who is telling the Sutpen story in Chapter 7?
(a) Quentin and Rosa.
(b) Quentin and Shreve.
(c) Rosa and Shreve.
(d) Quentin and Jason.
7. Who says a prayer at Charles Bon's funeral?
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Theophilus McCaslin.
8. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In her father's store.
(b) In the swamp.
(c) In the Compson house.
(d) In Sutpen's house.
9. Who conducts Sutpen's funeral service?
(a) The Catholic priest.
(b) General Compson.
(d) The Methodist preacher.
10. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
(a) General Compson.
11. How old is Charles Bon when he goes away to college?
12. What has Bon replaced the picture Judith had given him with?
(a) A picture of Henry.
(b) A picture of himself in his uniform.
(c) A picture of his wife and child.
(d) A picture of Thomas.
13. Where is Thomas Sutpen the second time Bon visits Sutpen's estate?
(a) In Springfield.
(b) In Haiti.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) In Jefferson.
14. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
(a) He hates her father.
(b) He discovers she is an adulteress.
(c) He discovers she has a child by another man.
(d) He discovers she is of mixed race.
15. Where does Rosa live after leaving Sutpen's estate?
(a) The Compsons' house.
(b) In her father's store.
(c) Her father's house.
(d) In New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Quentin and Jason visit the Sutpen graveyard, who is buried there?
2. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
3. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
4. What is the setting of Chapter 6?
5. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)