|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Quentin and Jason visit the Sutpen graveyard, who is buried there?
(a) Ellen, Thomas, and Judith Sutpen.
(b) Ellen, Thomas, and Judith Sutpen; Charles Bon; and Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon.
(c) Ellen and Thomas Sutpen and Charles Bon.
(d) Charles Bon and Ellen Sutpen.
2. What happens to Charles Bon's son after his mother dies?
(a) He becomes a servant in New Orleans.
(b) He inherits her money and becomes a landowner.
(c) He comes to live at Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) He is sent to boarding school.
3. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
4. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Henry did after his final meeting with his father?
(a) Told Charles Bon that Henry knew he was partially black and also his brother.
(b) Left the army and returned to Sutpen's Hundred to protect Judith.
(c) Killed himself.
(d) Killed Bon immediately.
5. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
(b) General Compson.
6. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) The West Indies.
(d) New Orleans.
7. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
(a) He discovers she is of mixed race.
(b) He discovers she has a child by another man.
(c) He hates her father.
(d) He discovers she is an adulteress.
8. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The Confederate Army.
(c) Jefferson's City Council.
(d) The Mississippi Senate.
9. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He is shot in the foot.
(c) He is knifed in the shoulder.
(d) An arm wound that leads to the amputation of his right arm.
10. What is Charles Bon's religion?
11. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Thomas Sutpen tells Henry at their last meeting?
(a) That Henry must keep Bon's identity a secret.
(b) That Henry must kill Charles Bon.
(c) That Henry cannot allow Bon to marry Judith.
(d) That Henry should move out of the country.
12. Who kills Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Henry Sutpen.
(d) Wash Jones.
13. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In the Compson house.
(b) In the swamp.
(c) In her father's store.
(d) In Sutpen's house.
14. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's first child?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Charles Bon.
15. Who is the first person Rosa encounters when she enters Sutpen's house after the murder?
(d) Charles Bon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 7 says that Sutpen had only one friend. Who is that friend?
2. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
3. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
4. Who is Sutpen's first wife?
5. Where does Jim Bond live?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)