|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
(a) She receives it from Ellen.
(b) She purchases it from her father's store.
(c) She steals it from her father's store.
(d) She receives it by mail-order.
2. What are the names of Sutpen's two daughters?
(a) Judith and Ellen.
(b) Judith and Clytie.
(c) Judith and Cassandra.
(d) Judith and Rosa.
3. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
4. Who kills Charles Bon?
(a) His wife.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
5. Where is Charles Bon buried?
(a) On the battlefield.
(b) In the Sutpen family plot.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) Next to his wife.
6. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is one of the townspeople who turned his back on Sutpen.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's brother-in-law.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's father-in-law.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's business associate.
7. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) Mr. Akers.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Mr. Coldfield.
(d) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
8. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
(b) Watch dog fighting.
(c) Help him decorate the house.
9. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
(b) She hates Sutpen.
(c) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
(d) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
10. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) He had been a banker.
(b) No one knows.
(c) He is a horse trader.
(d) A family inheritance.
11. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) Ellen is Rosa's aunt.
12. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
(a) To bury her on the farm.
(b) To marry Thomas Sutpen.
(c) To raise the Sutpen children.
(d) To protect her children.
13. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
(a) One of his slaves.
(b) Mr. Akers' daughter.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
14. Who currently has possession of the letter presented in Chapter 4?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Henry Sutpen.
(d) Jason Compson.
15. What does Charles Bon study at school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
2. How is Charles Bon killed?
3. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
4. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
5. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)