|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
(a) Locks himself in his attic.
(b) Fights for the South.
(c) Startes a store in Jefferson.
(d) Moves to New Orleans.
2. What are the names of Sutpen's two daughters?
(a) Judith and Cassandra.
(b) Judith and Rosa.
(c) Judith and Clytie.
(d) Judith and Ellen.
3. Where is Charles Bon buried?
(a) In the Sutpen family plot.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) Next to his wife.
4. What is Bon's rank in the army?
5. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) Mr. Akers
(b) The Methodist minister.
(c) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
(d) One of Sutpen's slaves.
6. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) French francs.
(b) US dollars.
(c) Italian lira.
(d) Spanish gold coins.
7. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They go to Holston House.
(b) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(c) They go to the theater.
(d) They go dancing.
8. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen's Castle.
(b) Sutpen's Manor.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Sutpen's Farm.
9. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
(a) She is writing out instructions on how to cook.
(b) She is making undergarments for Judith's trousseau.
(c) She is making Judith's wedding dress.
(d) She is knitting Judith a sweater.
10. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(d) New Orleans.
11. Who kills Charles Bon?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) His wife.
12. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
(a) She receives it by mail-order.
(b) She receives it from Ellen.
(c) She steals it from her father's store.
(d) She purchases it from her father's store.
13. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
(a) Henry discovered that Sutpen had stolen the money he used to build Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Henry discovered that Sutpen had other children.
(c) Thomas Sutpen forbade the marriage between Bon and Judith.
(d) Judith wanted to marry Bon.
14. What does Charles Bon study at school?
15. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His shooting skills.
(b) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(c) His horse-taming skills.
(d) His ability to win at cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
2. To whom is Judith engaged?
3. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
4. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
5. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)