|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Charles Bon killed?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is drowned.
(d) He is poisoned.
2. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a merchant.
(c) He is a preacher.
(d) He is a tailor.
3. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
(a) She never meets him.
(b) At Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) On the streets of Jefferson.
4. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) She needs someone to take care of her.
(b) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
(c) Sutpen invites her.
(d) She loses her house.
5. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) After the birth of Judith Sutpen.
(b) After the death of her father.
(c) After the death of her mother.
(d) After the death of her sister.
6. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Ellen Sutpen.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
7. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The bride's mother.
(b) The bride's aunt.
(c) The groom's father.
(d) The bride's father.
8. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They go to Martinique.
(b) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
(c) They go to New Orleans.
(d) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
9. Who does Rosa marry?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Mr. Compson.
(d) No one.
10. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
(a) In his store.
(b) In his attic.
(c) In a battle.
(d) In his parlor.
11. In what state is Jefferson located?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New Orleans.
12. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
(b) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(c) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
13. Who currently has possession of the letter presented in Chapter 4?
(a) Jason Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
14. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
(a) To marry Thomas Sutpen.
(b) To raise the Sutpen children.
(c) To protect her children.
(d) To bury her on the farm.
15. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(a) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles Bon study at school?
2. Where is Charles Bon buried?
3. To whom does the recipient of the letter presented in Chapter 4 give the letter to decades ago?
4. What is Henry's rank in the army?
5. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)