|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charles Bon buried?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) Next to his wife.
(d) In the Sutpen family plot.
2. Who kills Charles Bon?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) His wife.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
3. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is a perfect summer night.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) There is a tornado coming.
(d) It is raining.
4. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
(a) University of Mississippi.
(b) University of South Carolina.
(c) State University at Oxford.
(d) University of New Orleans.
5. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) He is a horse trader.
(c) No one knows.
(d) He had been a banker.
6. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(b) South Carolina.
(d) No one in Jefferson knows.
7. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) She loses her house.
(b) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
(c) She needs someone to take care of her.
(d) Sutpen invites her.
8. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
(a) Her father is rich and Sutpen wanted a large dowry.
(b) He meets her at church and falls in love with her immediately.
(c) She is the most beautiful woman in Jefferson.
(d) Her father is one of the most respectable men in Jefferson.
9. What is Bon's rank in the army?
10. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) US dollars.
(b) French francs.
(c) Italian lira.
(d) Spanish gold coins.
11. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
(a) Mr. Coldfield.
(b) Charles Akers.
(c) Wash Jones.
(d) Charles Bon.
12. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
(a) To protect her children.
(b) To raise the Sutpen children.
(c) To marry Thomas Sutpen.
(d) To bury her on the farm.
13. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Ellen Compson.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
14. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He is a merchant.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a preacher.
15. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
(a) Mr. Coldfield.
(b) The Jefferson bank.
(c) Ikkemotubbe, a Native American.
(d) General Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rosa marry?
2. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
3. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
4. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
5. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)