|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen's Manor.
(b) Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) Sutpen's Castle.
(d) Sutpen's Farm.
2. What is Thomas Sutpen's rank in the army?
3. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
(a) University of South Carolina.
(b) University of New Orleans.
(c) University of Mississippi.
(d) State University at Oxford.
4. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Mr. Akers' daughter.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) One of his slaves.
5. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) Mr. Coldfield's store.
(b) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Holston House, the town inn.
6. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Help him decorate the house.
(c) Watch dog fighting.
(d) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
7. Who first discovers the truth about Charles Bon's past?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
8. Who builds Sutpen's house?
(a) Sutpen and his slaves.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) Jefferson laborers.
(d) The local construction company.
9. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
(a) Startes a store in Jefferson.
(b) Moves to New Orleans.
(c) Fights for the South.
(d) Locks himself in his attic.
10. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They go dancing.
(b) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(c) They go to the theater.
(d) They go to Holston House.
11. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
(a) Judith Sutpen
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Wash Jones.
(d) Mrs. Compson.
12. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
(a) Ikkemotubbe, a Native American.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Mr. Coldfield.
(d) The Jefferson bank.
13. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) Mr. Akers
(b) The Methodist minister.
(c) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
(d) One of Sutpen's slaves.
14. In what state is Jefferson located?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) South Carolina.
15. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
(a) Judith calls off the marriage.
(b) Charles Bon has a fight with Sutpen.
(c) Henry has a fight with his father.
(d) Ellen hasa fight with Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
2. Where is Charles Bon buried?
3. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
4. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
5. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)