|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
(a) She purchases it from her father's store.
(b) She receives it by mail-order.
(c) She steals it from her father's store.
(d) She receives it from Ellen.
2. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
3. Who writes the letter that is presented in Chapter 4?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
4. What is Henry's rank in the army?
5. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) Ellen is Rosa's aunt.
6. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
7. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
(a) Judith is Rosa's step-sister.
(b) Judith is Rosa's best friend.
(c) Judith is Rosa's cousin.
(d) Judith is Rosa's niece.
8. Who builds Sutpen's house?
(a) A group of soldiers.
(b) Jefferson laborers.
(c) The local construction company.
(d) Sutpen and his slaves.
9. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
(a) In his attic.
(b) In his parlor.
(c) In his store.
(d) In a battle.
10. Who does Rosa marry?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) No one.
(d) Mr. Compson.
11. What is Thomas Sutpen's rank in the army?
12. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
(a) General Lee's.
(b) General Compson's.
(c) Colonel Akers's.
(d) Colonel Sartoris's.
13. How is Charles Bon killed?
(a) He is hung.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is drowned.
(d) He is poisoned.
14. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
(a) To protect her children.
(b) To marry Thomas Sutpen.
(c) To bury her on the farm.
(d) To raise the Sutpen children.
15. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
(a) To move to New Orleans.
(b) To attend Harvard.
(c) To enlist in the Civil War.
(d) To get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
2. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
3. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
4. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
5. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)