|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
(b) He does not pay his taxes.
(c) He kills a man.
(d) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
2. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
(b) Mr. Akers
(c) The Methodist minister.
(d) One of Sutpen's slaves.
3. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
(a) Judith is Rosa's step-sister.
(b) Judith is Rosa's cousin.
(c) Judith is Rosa's niece.
(d) Judith is Rosa's best friend.
4. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
(a) A photograph of Henry.
(b) A photograph of Judith.
(c) A photograph of his wife and child.
(d) A photograph of himself in his military uniform.
5. In what state is Jefferson located?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) South Carolina.
6. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
(a) At home.
(b) In Connecticut.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) She is dead.
7. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) No one in Jefferson knows.
8. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) Mr. Coldfield's store.
(b) Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(d) Holston House, the town inn.
9. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Mr. Akers' daughter.
(d) One of his slaves.
10. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
(a) A Civil War battle.
(b) A horse being killed.
(c) A hanging.
(d) Her father fighting with his slaves.
11. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The groom's father.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The bride's mother.
(d) The bride's aunt.
12. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(d) New Orleans.
13. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) Ellen is Rosa's aunt.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are best friends.
14. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
(a) At Stupen's estate.
(b) At Harvard.
(c) In his father's house.
(d) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
15. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
(a) In a battle.
(b) In his parlor.
(c) In his attic.
(d) In his store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's rank in the army?
2. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
3. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
4. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
5. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)