Short Answer Questions Key
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
To attend Harvard.
3. In what state is Jefferson located?
4. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
5. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
They are neighbors.
6. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
7. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
This section contains 4,506 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)