|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thomas Sutpen's rank in the army?
2. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Charles Bon was waiting for when he anticipated the mail that would come to the university from Sutpen's Hundred?
(a) A letter from Judith's maid suggesting that Bon propose to Judith.
(b) A letter from Judith professing her love.
(c) A letter from Ellen suggesting that Bon propose to Judith.
(d) A letter from Thomas Sutpen revealing that he was Bon's father.
3. Who currently has possession of the letter presented in Chapter 4?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Jason Compson.
4. How does Rosa survive after she leaves Sutpen's estate?
(a) She cultivates a garden.
(b) She hunts.
(c) She lives off the food supplies left in her father's store.
(d) She steals food and relies on donations from the neighbors.
5. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen invites her.
(b) She needs someone to take care of her.
(c) She loses her house.
(d) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
2. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
3. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe persuaded Bon to attend the university he chose to attend?
4. Who lets Rosa into the Sutpen house that night?
5. What does Henry study at school?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)