|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
2. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
3. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
4. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) He is a horse trader.
(c) No one knows.
(d) He had been a banker.
5. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
(a) Henry has a fight with his father.
(b) Charles Bon has a fight with Sutpen.
(c) Judith calls off the marriage.
(d) Ellen hasa fight with Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
2. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
3. Where is Shreve from?
4. Who does Rosa marry?
5. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)