|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who currently has possession of the letter presented in Chapter 4?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Jason Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
2. What woman does Sutpen turn his attentions to after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) One of his neighbor's servants.
(c) His neighbor's daughter.
(d) Wash Jones' granddaughter.
3. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
(a) Judith calls off the marriage.
(b) Charles Bon has a fight with Sutpen.
(c) Ellen hasa fight with Thomas.
(d) Henry has a fight with his father.
4. Who kills Charles Bon?
(a) His wife.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
5. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
(a) She wants to marry Sutpen when he returnes.
(b) She needs food.
(c) She is waiting for Sutpen to return.
(d) She needs shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
2. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
3. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
4. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
5. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)