|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charles Bon study at school?
2. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
(a) His mother asks him to,
(b) He feels sorry for Thomas Sutpen.
(c) He is requested specifically by the person telling the story.
(d) His father makes him.
3. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) She is his teacher.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She is his step-sister.
(d) They are neighbors.
4. When Thomas Sutpen goes to the front door of the plantation house when he is a boy, what happens?
(a) The house servants laugh at Sutpen's clothes.
(b) The lady of the house takes him in and gave him a tour.
(c) The slave butler tells Sutpen he is not allowed to use the front door and must go to the back of the house.
(d) The master of the house shows Sutpen his gun.
5. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe managed Sutpen's first wife's money?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Charles Bon.
(c) General Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the novel, which Sutpen descendants are alive?
2. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
3. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
4. What woman does Sutpen turn his attentions to after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
5. What does Henry study at school?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)