|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry study at school?
2. What is the letter that is presented in Chapter 4 written with?
(c) Stove polish.
3. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They go to New Orleans.
(b) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
(d) They go to Martinique.
4. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
(a) The devil.
(b) The demon.
(c) The idiot.
(d) The fighter.
5. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Help him decorate the house.
(b) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
(c) Watch dog fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sutpen's funeral?
2. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
3. What is Quentin's closing thought of the novel?
4. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe persuaded Bon to attend the university he chose to attend?
5. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe managed Sutpen's first wife's money?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)