|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 8?
(a) Rosa Coldfield's office.
(b) Sutpen's Hundred, New Orleans, and Civil War battlefields.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Quentin and Shreve's dorm room.
2. Who conducts Sutpen's funeral service?
(b) General Compson.
(c) The Methodist preacher.
(d) The Catholic priest.
3. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
(c) The preacher asks him to.
(d) His son dies.
4. Where is Thomas Sutpen born?
(a) In the territory that is to become Mississippi.
(b) In the territory that is to become West Virginia.
(c) In the territory that is to become Louisiana.
(d) In the territory that is to become North Carolina.
5. How long has Henry Sutpen been back at Sutpen's estate?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
2. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
3. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
4. Who is Penelope?
5. Who is Jim Bond?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)