|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Henry Sutpen been back at Sutpen's estate?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four months.
2. Who says a prayer at Charles Bon's funeral?
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Theophilus McCaslin.
3. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
(a) Moves to New Orleans.
(b) Startes a store in Jefferson.
(c) Fights for the South.
(d) Locks himself in his attic.
4. What event occurs the night Rosa returns to Sutpen's estate for the last time?
(a) The Sutpen estate burns down.
(b) Rosa kills Clytie.
(c) Rosa dies.
(d) Rosa arrests Clytie.
5. Who builds Sutpen's house?
(a) A group of soldiers.
(b) Jefferson laborers.
(c) The local construction company.
(d) Sutpen and his slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
2. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
3. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
4. Who first discovers the truth about Charles Bon's past?
5. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)