|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry study at school?
2. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
(a) The fact that Charles was not of a known family.
(b) The fact that Charles had written letters to Judith.
(c) The fact that Charles married his mistress.
(d) The fact that Charles lived in New Orleans.
3. What happens to Jim Bond the night Rosa returns to Sutpen's estate for the last time?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is killed by Rosa.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is arrested.
4. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
(a) Judith is Rosa's niece.
(b) Judith is Rosa's step-sister.
(c) Judith is Rosa's cousin.
(d) Judith is Rosa's best friend.
5. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
(a) He is wearing a brand-new suit.
(b) He is missing a leg.
(c) He is extremely short.
(d) He looks as if he had been ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
2. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
3. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
4. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
5. Who is discussing the Sutpen story in Chapter 6?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)