|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
(a) To enlist in the Civil War.
(b) To attend Harvard.
(c) To move to New Orleans.
(d) To get married.
2. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) General Compson.
(b) Mr. Coldfield.
(c) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
(d) Mr. Akers.
3. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
(a) At Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) In a military camp.
4. How many people die the night that Rosa returns to Sutpen's estate for the last time?
5. Who is discussing the Sutpen story in Chapter 6?
(a) Quentin and Rosa.
(b) Quentin and Henry.
(c) Quentin and Jason.
(d) Quentin and Shreve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's first child?
2. What happens to Jim Bond the night Rosa returns to Sutpen's estate for the last time?
3. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
4. What does Rosa do before going up the stairs in the Sutpen house?
5. What has Rosa brought with her the night she and Quentin go to Sutpen's Hundred?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)