|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
(a) In Connecticut.
(b) She is dead.
(c) At home.
(d) In New Orleans.
2. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His ability to win at cards.
(b) His shooting skills.
(c) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(d) His horse-taming skills.
3. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(c) Holston House, the town inn.
(d) Mr. Coldfield's store.
4. In what state is Jefferson located?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New Orleans.
5. Who kills Charles Bon?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) His wife.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Judith Sutpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
2. What is Bon's rank in the army?
3. To whom is Judith engaged?
4. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
5. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)