|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is a perfect summer night.
(b) It is raining.
(c) There is a tornado coming.
(d) It is snowing.
2. How does Quentin know about Thomas Sutpen's childhood?
(a) Sutpen's childhood is common knowledge in Jefferson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield tells Quentin about Sutpen's childhood.
(c) Sutpen tells Quentin's grandfather, who tells Quentin's father, who tells Quentin.
(d) The Compsons possessed Thomas Sutpen's diary.
3. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
(a) In a military camp.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) At Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) On the battlefield.
4. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
(a) A photograph of Judith.
(b) A photograph of his wife and child.
(c) A photograph of himself in his military uniform.
(d) A photograph of Henry.
5. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) After the death of her mother.
(b) After the birth of Judith Sutpen.
(c) After the death of her sister.
(d) After the death of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
2. What is the letter that is presented in Chapter 4 written with?
3. What is Quentin's closing thought of the novel?
4. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
5. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)