|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes Bon's coffin?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Wash Jones.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
2. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt elopes.
(b) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(d) The aunt dies.
3. What is the setting of Chapter 8?
(a) Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Quentin and Shreve's dorm room.
(c) Rosa Coldfield's office.
(d) Sutpen's Hundred, New Orleans, and Civil War battlefields.
4. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
(a) In Connecticut.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) At home.
(d) She is dead.
5. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Charles Bon was waiting for when he anticipated the mail that would come to the university from Sutpen's Hundred?
(a) A letter from Judith's maid suggesting that Bon propose to Judith.
(b) A letter from Judith professing her love.
(c) A letter from Thomas Sutpen revealing that he was Bon's father.
(d) A letter from Ellen suggesting that Bon propose to Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
3. Who lets Rosa into the Sutpen house that night?
4. What has Rosa brought with her the night she and Quentin go to Sutpen's Hundred?
5. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)