|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt elopes.
(b) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(d) The aunt dies.
2. Where is Shreve from?
(a) Springfield, Illinois.
(b) Cambridge, Massachussetts.
(c) Alberta, Canada.
(d) Jefferson, Mississippi.
3. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
(b) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
(c) Sutpen is arrested.
(d) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
4. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to keep house and manage other domestic matters.
(c) How to keep a ledger.
(d) How to make a wedding dress.
5. What are the names of Sutpen's two daughters?
(a) Judith and Rosa.
(b) Judith and Ellen.
(c) Judith and Cassandra.
(d) Judith and Clytie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 8?
2. Who is discussing the Sutpen story in Chapter 6?
3. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
4. What has Henry Sutpen come to Sutpen's estate to do?
5. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)