|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Quentin goes to Sutpen's Hundred with Rosa, who tries to stop them from going up the stairs?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Jim Bond.
(c) Wash Jones.
2. What is Sutpen's occupation between the time he leaves his family and the time he arrives in Jefferson?
(a) He is a woodworker.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) He is a planter.
(d) He is the overseer of a plantation.
3. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(c) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
4. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his step-sister.
(c) She is his teacher.
(d) They are neighbors.
5. Who kills Charles Bon?
(a) His wife.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Judith Sutpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
2. How does Charles Bon's son die?
3. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
4. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)