|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
(a) To attend Harvard.
(b) To get married.
(c) To enlist in the Civil War.
(d) To move to New Orleans.
2. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Ellen Sutpen.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
3. What has Bon replaced the picture Judith had given him with?
(a) A picture of Henry.
(b) A picture of his wife and child.
(c) A picture of himself in his uniform.
(d) A picture of Thomas.
4. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
(d) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
5. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
(a) State University at Oxford.
(b) University of New Orleans.
(c) University of Mississippi.
(d) University of South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
2. Who does Rosa marry?
3. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
4. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
5. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)