|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe persuaded Bon to attend the university he chose to attend?
(a) Bon's wife.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Bon's mother.
(d) The lawyer.
2. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
(a) University of New Orleans.
(b) University of South Carolina.
(c) University of Mississippi.
(d) State University at Oxford.
3. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
(a) His mother asks him to,
(b) He feels sorry for Thomas Sutpen.
(c) His father makes him.
(d) He is requested specifically by the person telling the story.
4. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) She is dead.
(c) At home.
(d) In Connecticut.
5. What is Sutpen's occupation between the time he leaves his family and the time he arrives in Jefferson?
(a) He is a planter.
(b) He is the overseer of a plantation.
(c) He is a woodworker.
(d) He is an architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
2. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
3. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's first child?
4. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
5. Where does Jim Bond live?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)