|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
2. What is the setting of Chapter 6?
(a) Quentin's dorm room at Harvard.
(b) The Sutpen mansion.
(c) Rosa Coldfield's office.
(d) The Compsons' porch.
3. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
(a) Jason Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Quentin Compson.
4. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Mr. Akers' daughter.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) One of his slaves.
5. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Thomas Sutpen tells Henry at their last meeting?
(a) That Henry must keep Bon's identity a secret.
(b) That Henry should move out of the country.
(c) That Henry must kill Charles Bon.
(d) That Henry cannot allow Bon to marry Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
2. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
3. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
4. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
5. Who is the first person Rosa encounters when she enters Sutpen's house after the murder?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)