|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(b) He goes hunting.
(c) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(d) He protests the wedding and stays home.
2. How old is Charles Bon when he goes away to college?
3. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(c) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
4. What are the names of Sutpen's two daughters?
(a) Judith and Ellen.
(b) Judith and Rosa.
(c) Judith and Cassandra.
(d) Judith and Clytie.
5. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
(a) She dies of yellow fever.
(b) She drowns.
(c) Wash Jones kills her.
(d) Henry Sutpen kills her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 8?
2. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Thomas Sutpen tells Henry at their last meeting?
3. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
4. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
5. Who is Penelope?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)