|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shreve believe Charles changed the pictures?
(a) Because Charles never loved Judith.
(b) So that in case he died, Judith would find the picture and think that he had not been worth marrying.
(c) So that when he died, Judith would be able to contact his wife and child.
(d) Because Charles intended to mail the picture to his wife and child after marrying Judith.
2. Who builds Sutpen's house?
(a) Sutpen and his slaves.
(b) Jefferson laborers.
(c) The local construction company.
(d) A group of soldiers.
3. What does Henry study at school?
4. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Ellen Sutpen.
5. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In the Compson house.
(b) In Sutpen's house.
(c) In the swamp.
(d) In her father's store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
2. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
3. What do Henry and Charles Bon do during the war?
4. Why does Sutpen reject his last (youngest) child?
5. What is the setting of Chapter 8?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)