|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
(a) No one.
(c) Judith and Rosa.
2. Where is Shreve from?
(a) Cambridge, Massachussetts.
(b) Jefferson, Mississippi.
(c) Alberta, Canada.
(d) Springfield, Illinois.
3. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(b) He goes hunting.
(c) He protests the wedding and stays home.
(d) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
4. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is raining.
(c) There is a tornado coming.
(d) It is a perfect summer night.
5. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
(a) Thomas Sutpen forbade the marriage between Bon and Judith.
(b) Henry discovered that Sutpen had other children.
(c) Judith wanted to marry Bon.
(d) Henry discovered that Sutpen had stolen the money he used to build Sutpen's Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the recipient of the letter presented in Chapter 4 give the letter to decades ago?
2. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
3. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
4. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
5. When Quentin goes to Sutpen's Hundred with Rosa, who tries to stop them from going up the stairs?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)