|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the letter that is presented in Chapter 4?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
2. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) The aunt dies.
(c) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(d) The aunt elopes.
3. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
4. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
(a) The Confederate Army.
(b) Jefferson's City Council.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) The Mississippi Senate.
5. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
(a) He discovers she has a child by another man.
(b) He hates her father.
(c) He discovers she is an adulteress.
(d) He discovers she is of mixed race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
2. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
3. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
4. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
5. Chapter 7 says that Sutpen had only one friend. Who is that friend?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)