|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Thomas Sutpen born?
(a) In the territory that is to become Louisiana.
(b) In the territory that is to become North Carolina.
(c) In the territory that is to become Mississippi.
(d) In the territory that is to become West Virginia.
2. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) His son dies.
(b) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) The preacher asks him to.
3. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(b) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(c) He goes hunting.
(d) He protests the wedding and stays home.
4. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
5. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(c) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
(d) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wash Jones' granddaughter die?
2. What has Bon replaced the picture Judith had given him with?
3. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
4. What is the letter that is presented in Chapter 4 written with?
5. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)