|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is raining.
(b) There is a tornado coming.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is a perfect summer night.
2. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
(a) Her father is one of the most respectable men in Jefferson.
(b) Her father is rich and Sutpen wanted a large dowry.
(c) She is the most beautiful woman in Jefferson.
(d) He meets her at church and falls in love with her immediately.
3. What is the name of Quentin's roommate?
4. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
(a) The planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Native American.
(b) The French planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Spanish.
(c) The planter destroys his daughter's birth certificate.
(d) The planter has the neighbors lie about his daughter's mother.
5. In what year does the novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
2. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
3. When Quentin and Jason visit the Sutpen graveyard, who is buried there?
4. Who currently has possession of the letter presented in Chapter 4?
5. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)