|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His horse-taming skills.
(b) His shooting skills.
(c) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(d) His ability to win at cards.
2. Who is the first person Rosa encounters when she enters Sutpen's house after the murder?
(d) Charles Bon.
3. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) The aunt elopes.
(c) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(d) The aunt dies.
4. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
(a) The sale of Sutpen's hundred.
(b) The death of Rosa Coldfield.
(c) The death of Charles Bon.
(d) The love of Charles Bon for Judith Sutpen.
5. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Henry did after his final meeting with his father?
(a) Told Charles Bon that Henry knew he was partially black and also his brother.
(b) Killed Bon immediately.
(c) Killed himself.
(d) Left the army and returned to Sutpen's Hundred to protect Judith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry study at school?
2. Who makes Bon's coffin?
3. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
4. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
5. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)