|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Judith Sutpen die?
(a) She dies of yellow fever.
(b) She dies of old age.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She is killed by Charles Bon's wife.
2. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) Another architect.
(b) An interior designer.
(c) Spanish gold.
(d) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
3. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
(a) In his store.
(b) In his attic.
(c) In his parlor.
(d) In a battle.
4. Who is Sutpen's first wife?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) The daughter of a French planter who lives in Haiti.
(d) A slave woman.
5. Who is Penelope?
(a) Sutpen's sister.
(b) Sutpen's daughter.
(c) Sutpen's mare, who bears a colt the same day Sutpen's last child is born.
(d) Sutpen's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charles Bon buried?
2. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
3. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
4. What has Bon replaced the picture Judith had given him with?
5. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)