|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Jason Compson.
(d) Quentin Compson.
2. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
(a) She is making Judith's wedding dress.
(b) She is making undergarments for Judith's trousseau.
(c) She is knitting Judith a sweater.
(d) She is writing out instructions on how to cook.
3. Where does Jim Bond live?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) In Jefferson.
(c) In a shack behind the Sutpen estate.
(d) In the swamp adjacent to Sutpen's Hundred.
4. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
(a) The love of Charles Bon for Judith Sutpen.
(b) The sale of Sutpen's hundred.
(c) The death of Rosa Coldfield.
(d) The death of Charles Bon.
5. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a preacher.
(c) He is a merchant.
(d) He is a tailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 7 says that Sutpen had only one friend. Who is that friend?
2. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
3. Who is the letter in Chapter 6 from?
4. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
5. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)