|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Charles Bon killed?
(a) He is drowned.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is hung.
2. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) General Compson.
(b) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
(c) Mr. Coldfield.
(d) Mr. Akers.
3. How does Judith Sutpen die?
(a) She is killed by Charles Bon's wife.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She dies of old age.
(d) She dies of yellow fever.
4. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
(a) The French planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Spanish.
(b) The planter destroys his daughter's birth certificate.
(c) The planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Native American.
(d) The planter has the neighbors lie about his daughter's mother.
5. Where is Thomas Sutpen born?
(a) In the territory that is to become North Carolina.
(b) In the territory that is to become Mississippi.
(c) In the territory that is to become Louisiana.
(d) In the territory that is to become West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe that Henry was wounded?
2. Where does Jim Bond live?
3. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
4. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
5. What is the name of Charles and Henry's company during the war?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)