|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sutpen reject his last (youngest) child?
(a) The child is a girl instead of a boy.
(b) The child is diseased.
(c) The child is born out of wedlock.
(d) The child is of mixed race.
2. What does Henry study at school?
3. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is one of the townspeople who turned his back on Sutpen.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's father-in-law.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's business associate.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's brother-in-law.
4. Who is the primary narrator of Chapter 8?
5. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
(a) Judith and Rosa.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Quentin and Shreve believe Henry and Thomas Sutpen last saw each other?
2. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
3. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
4. When Thomas Sutpen goes to the front door of the plantation house when he is a boy, what happens?
5. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)