|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jim Bond?
(a) Judith's servant.
(b) Charles Bon's grandson.
(c) Judith's son.
(d) Clytie's son.
2. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(b) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(c) He goes hunting.
(d) He protests the wedding and stays home.
3. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They go to Martinique.
(b) They go to New Orleans.
(c) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
(d) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
4. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
(a) A photograph of his wife and child.
(b) A photograph of Henry.
(c) A photograph of himself in his military uniform.
(d) A photograph of Judith.
5. Who currently has possession of the letter presented in Chapter 4?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Jason Compson.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
2. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
3. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
4. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
5. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)