|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
(a) The sale of Sutpen's hundred.
(b) The love of Charles Bon for Judith Sutpen.
(c) The death of Rosa Coldfield.
(d) The death of Charles Bon.
2. When Quentin and Jason visit the Sutpen graveyard, who is buried there?
(a) Charles Bon and Ellen Sutpen.
(b) Ellen, Thomas, and Judith Sutpen.
(c) Ellen, Thomas, and Judith Sutpen; Charles Bon; and Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon.
(d) Ellen and Thomas Sutpen and Charles Bon.
3. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
(a) In a battle.
(b) In his attic.
(c) In his store.
(d) In his parlor.
4. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
(a) A photograph of Henry.
(b) A photograph of himself in his military uniform.
(c) A photograph of his wife and child.
(d) A photograph of Judith.
5. Who is Penelope?
(a) Sutpen's mare, who bears a colt the same day Sutpen's last child is born.
(b) Sutpen's sister.
(c) Sutpen's daughter.
(d) Sutpen's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
2. Who is telling the Sutpen story in Chapter 7?
3. What is the name of the woman who Sutpen impregnates after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
4. What are the names of Sutpen's two daughters?
5. Where is Sutpen's funeral?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)