|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
(a) The fighter.
(b) The idiot.
(c) The devil.
(d) The demon.
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) The Methodist minister.
(b) Mr. Akers
(c) One of Sutpen's slaves.
(d) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
4. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
(a) Her father fighting with his slaves.
(b) A hanging.
(c) A horse being killed.
(d) A Civil War battle.
5. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to keep house and manage other domestic matters.
(c) How to make a wedding dress.
(d) How to keep a ledger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shreve believe Charles changed the pictures?
2. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
3. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
4. What is Thomas Sutpen's rank in the army?
5. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)