|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
2. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
(a) Fights for the North.
(b) Moves to New Orleans.
(c) Fights for the South.
(d) Locks himself in his attic.
3. What is the letter that is presented in Chapter 4 written with?
(d) Stove polish.
4. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
(b) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
(c) He kills a man.
(d) He does not pay his taxes.
5. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) His son dies.
(c) The preacher asks him to.
(d) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
4. What is the name of Quentin's roommate?
5. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)