|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
(a) Ikkemotubbe, a Native American.
(b) The Jefferson bank.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Mr. Coldfield.
2. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
(a) He is wearing a brand-new suit.
(b) He is extremely short.
(c) He is missing a leg.
(d) He looks as if he had been ill.
3. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
4. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
(a) To move to New Orleans.
(b) To get married.
(c) To attend Harvard.
(d) To enlist in the Civil War.
5. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
(a) He is requested specifically by the person telling the story.
(b) His father makes him.
(c) He feels sorry for Thomas Sutpen.
(d) His mother asks him to,
Short Answer Questions
1. Who builds Sutpen's house?
2. Who rescues Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon from being indicted?
3. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
4. What is the name of Quentin's roommate?
5. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)