|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
(a) How to keep house and manage other domestic matters.
(b) How to make a wedding dress.
(c) How to read.
(d) How to keep a ledger.
2. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
(a) Fight with his slaves.
(c) Read books.
(d) Make saddles.
3. Where does Jim Bond live?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) In Jefferson.
(c) In a shack behind the Sutpen estate.
(d) In the swamp adjacent to Sutpen's Hundred.
4. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) Another architect.
(b) An interior designer.
(c) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(d) Spanish gold.
5. To whom does the recipient of the letter presented in Chapter 4 give the letter to decades ago?
(a) Jason Compson.
(b) Mrs. Compson, Quentin's grandmother.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) General Compson, Quentin's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Rosa encounters when she enters Sutpen's house after the murder?
2. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
3. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
4. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
5. Who makes Bon's coffin?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)