|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They go to Martinique.
(b) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) They go to New Orleans.
(d) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
2. Who does Rosa marry?
(a) No one.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Mr. Compson.
3. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is a perfect summer night.
(c) There is a tornado coming.
(d) It is snowing.
4. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
(a) He feels sorry for Thomas Sutpen.
(b) His mother asks him to,
(c) He is requested specifically by the person telling the story.
(d) His father makes him.
5. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
(a) A hanging.
(b) Her father fighting with his slaves.
(c) A Civil War battle.
(d) A horse being killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
2. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
3. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
4. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
5. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)