|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) He had been a banker.
(c) He is a horse trader.
(d) No one knows.
2. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen's Manor.
(b) Sutpen's Farm.
(c) Sutpen's Castle.
(d) Sutpen's Hundred.
3. What woman does Sutpen turn his attentions to after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
(a) Wash Jones' granddaughter.
(b) His neighbor's daughter.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) One of his neighbor's servants.
4. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) French francs.
(b) Italian lira.
(c) US dollars.
(d) Spanish gold coins.
5. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
(a) He is extremely short.
(b) He is wearing a brand-new suit.
(c) He looks as if he had been ill.
(d) He is missing a leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
2. Who conducts Sutpen's funeral service?
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
4. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
5. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)