|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Quentin's roommate?
2. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
(a) The fact that Charles was not of a known family.
(b) The fact that Charles married his mistress.
(c) The fact that Charles had written letters to Judith.
(d) The fact that Charles lived in New Orleans.
3. Who currently has possession of the letter presented in Chapter 4?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Jason Compson.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
4. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) After the death of her father.
(b) After the birth of Judith Sutpen.
(c) After the death of her sister.
(d) After the death of her mother.
5. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) An interior designer.
(b) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(c) Spanish gold.
(d) Another architect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is discussing the Sutpen story in Chapter 6?
2. How does Rosa survive after she leaves Sutpen's estate?
3. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)