|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
(b) He does not pay his taxes.
(c) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
(d) He kills a man.
2. Who does Henry bring home from college for Christmas one year?
(a) His English professor.
(b) Charles Akers.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Quentin Compson.
3. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
(a) Jefferson's City Council.
(b) The Confederate Army.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) The Mississippi Senate.
4. What are the names of Sutpen's two daughters?
(a) Judith and Cassandra.
(b) Judith and Ellen.
(c) Judith and Clytie.
(d) Judith and Rosa.
5. Who is the first person Rosa encounters when she enters Sutpen's house after the murder?
(a) Charles Bon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
2. Who makes Bon's coffin?
3. To whom does the recipient of the letter presented in Chapter 4 give the letter to decades ago?
4. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
5. What does Judith do with the money she receives from selling Sutpen's store?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)