|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a merchant.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a preacher.
2. How does Rosa survive after she leaves Sutpen's estate?
(a) She lives off the food supplies left in her father's store.
(b) She cultivates a garden.
(c) She steals food and relies on donations from the neighbors.
(d) She hunts.
3. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He goes hunting.
(b) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(c) He protests the wedding and stays home.
(d) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
4. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(b) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
5. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
(a) University of Mississippi.
(b) State University at Oxford.
(c) University of South Carolina.
(d) University of New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
2. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
3. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
4. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
5. What does the letter in Chapter 6 announce?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)