|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(b) Another architect.
(c) Spanish gold.
(d) An interior designer.
2. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Ellen Compson.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
3. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
(b) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
(c) She hates Sutpen.
(d) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
4. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(b) Mr. Coldfield's store.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Holston House, the town inn.
5. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His horse-taming skills.
(b) His ability to win at cards.
(c) His shooting skills.
(d) His ability to drink hard liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
2. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
4. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
5. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)