|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rosa marry?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Mr. Compson.
(c) No one.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
2. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
(a) A photograph of Henry.
(b) A photograph of himself in his military uniform.
(c) A photograph of Judith.
(d) A photograph of his wife and child.
3. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The bride's mother.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The bride's aunt.
(d) The groom's father.
4. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
(a) He feels sorry for Thomas Sutpen.
(b) He is requested specifically by the person telling the story.
(c) His father makes him.
(d) His mother asks him to,
5. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Jason Compson.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
2. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
3. To whom does the recipient of the letter presented in Chapter 4 give the letter to decades ago?
4. Who kills Charles Bon?
5. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)