|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) No one knows.
(c) He is a horse trader.
(d) He had been a banker.
2. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(b) He goes hunting.
(c) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(d) He protests the wedding and stays home.
3. Who does Rosa marry?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Mr. Compson.
(c) No one.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
4. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) Mr. Coldfield.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
(d) Mr. Akers.
5. What do Henry and Charles Bon do during the war?
(a) Live at Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Finish their degrees.
(c) Join the military company that forms at their university.
(d) Start a trading company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
2. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
3. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
4. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
5. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)