|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
(a) Ikkemotubbe, a Native American.
(b) The Jefferson bank.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Mr. Coldfield.
2. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Ellen Sutpen.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
3. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
(a) Fight with his slaves.
(c) Read books.
(d) Make saddles.
4. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) Spanish gold coins.
(b) Italian lira.
(c) French francs.
(d) US dollars.
5. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) Ellen is Rosa's aunt.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
2. Who does Rosa marry?
3. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
4. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
5. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)