|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first discovers the truth about Charles Bon's past?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Henry Sutpen.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
2. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) Italian lira.
(b) US dollars.
(c) French francs.
(d) Spanish gold coins.
3. Where is Charles Bon buried?
(a) Next to his wife.
(b) In the Sutpen family plot.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) On the battlefield.
4. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
(c) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
5. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
(a) Mrs. Compson.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Judith Sutpen
(d) Wash Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
2. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
3. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
4. Who writes the letter that is presented in Chapter 4?
5. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)