|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charles Bon buried?
(a) In the Sutpen family plot.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) Next to his wife.
(d) In New Orleans.
2. What is Henry's rank in the army?
3. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Quentin's grandfather.
(c) Quentin's father.
(d) The town preacher.
4. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
(a) A photograph of Henry.
(b) A photograph of his wife and child.
(c) A photograph of himself in his military uniform.
(d) A photograph of Judith.
5. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His shooting skills.
(b) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(c) His ability to win at cards.
(d) His horse-taming skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
2. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
3. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
4. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
5. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)