|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the recipient of the letter presented in Chapter 4 give the letter to decades ago?
(a) Mrs. Compson, Quentin's grandmother.
(b) General Compson, Quentin's grandfather.
(c) Jason Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
2. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) He is a horse trader.
(b) No one knows.
(c) He had been a banker.
(d) A family inheritance.
3. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) She needs someone to take care of her.
(b) She loses her house.
(c) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
(d) Sutpen invites her.
4. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(c) Mr. Coldfield's store.
(d) Holston House, the town inn.
5. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
(a) Judith is Rosa's cousin.
(b) Judith is Rosa's step-sister.
(c) Judith is Rosa's best friend.
(d) Judith is Rosa's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
2. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
3. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
4. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
5. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)