|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Wash Jones.
(c) Judith Sutpen
(d) Mrs. Compson.
2. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
(a) He is wearing a brand-new suit.
(b) He is extremely short.
(c) He looks as if he had been ill.
(d) He is missing a leg.
3. What is the letter that is presented in Chapter 4 written with?
(b) Stove polish.
4. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
(c) His son dies.
(d) The preacher asks him to.
5. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) After the death of her mother.
(b) After the death of her sister.
(c) After the death of her father.
(d) After the birth of Judith Sutpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
2. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
3. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
4. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
5. Who writes the letter that is presented in Chapter 4?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)