|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
(a) Ellen hasa fight with Thomas.
(b) Charles Bon has a fight with Sutpen.
(c) Judith calls off the marriage.
(d) Henry has a fight with his father.
2. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) Mr. Akers
(b) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
(c) One of Sutpen's slaves.
(d) The Methodist minister.
3. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a preacher.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a merchant.
4. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) He had been a banker.
(c) No one knows.
(d) He is a horse trader.
5. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) They go to Martinique.
(c) They go to New Orleans.
(d) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
2. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
3. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
4. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
5. What is Henry's rank in the army?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)