|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(c) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
2. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Help him decorate the house.
(b) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
(c) Watch dog fighting.
3. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
(a) The Jefferson bank.
(b) Mr. Coldfield.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Ikkemotubbe, a Native American.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They go to Martinique.
(b) They go to New Orleans.
(c) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
2. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
3. Who kills Charles Bon?
4. Who does Rosa marry?
5. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)