|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
(a) Henry discovered that Sutpen had stolen the money he used to build Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Thomas Sutpen forbade the marriage between Bon and Judith.
(c) Henry discovered that Sutpen had other children.
(d) Judith wanted to marry Bon.
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(d) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
3. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
(b) She hates Sutpen.
(c) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
(d) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
4. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
(a) Charles Bon.
(b) Wash Jones.
(c) Mr. Coldfield.
(d) Charles Akers.
5. What is Henry's rank in the army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the letter that is presented in Chapter 4 written with?
2. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
3. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
4. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
5. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)