|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
(a) To move to New Orleans.
(b) To attend Harvard.
(c) To get married.
(d) To enlist in the Civil War.
2. Where is Charles Bon buried?
(a) Next to his wife.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In the Sutpen family plot.
(d) On the battlefield.
3. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
(c) They go to New Orleans.
(d) They go to Martinique.
4. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
(a) Her father is rich and Sutpen wanted a large dowry.
(b) He meets her at church and falls in love with her immediately.
(c) Her father is one of the most respectable men in Jefferson.
(d) She is the most beautiful woman in Jefferson.
5. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
(a) At Stupen's estate.
(b) At Harvard.
(c) In his father's house.
(d) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
3. What photograph does Charles Bon have on his person when he dies?
4. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
5. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)