|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bon's rank in the army?
2. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They go to New Orleans.
(b) They go to Martinique.
(c) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
(d) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
3. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(b) They go to the theater.
(c) They go to Holston House.
(d) They go dancing.
4. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
(a) Judith wanted to marry Bon.
(b) Thomas Sutpen forbade the marriage between Bon and Judith.
(c) Henry discovered that Sutpen had other children.
(d) Henry discovered that Sutpen had stolen the money he used to build Sutpen's Hundred.
5. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
(a) General Compson's.
(b) General Lee's.
(c) Colonel Akers's.
(d) Colonel Sartoris's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
2. What does Charles Bon study at school?
3. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
4. What is the setting of Chapter 4?
5. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)