|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a merchant.
(d) He is a preacher.
2. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
(a) She is making Judith's wedding dress.
(b) She is making undergarments for Judith's trousseau.
(c) She is knitting Judith a sweater.
(d) She is writing out instructions on how to cook.
3. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) US dollars.
(b) French francs.
(c) Italian lira.
(d) Spanish gold coins.
4. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) One of Sutpen's slaves.
(b) The Methodist minister.
(c) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
(d) Mr. Akers
5. What is the setting of Chapter 4?
(a) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
(b) At Sutpen's Hundred in 1909.
(c) On the Compsons' porch.
(d) At Sutpen's Hundred in 1865.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
3. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
4. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
5. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)