|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
2. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
(a) He is extremely short.
(b) He is wearing a brand-new suit.
(c) He looks as if he had been ill.
(d) He is missing a leg.
3. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
(a) To marry Thomas Sutpen.
(b) To protect her children.
(c) To bury her on the farm.
(d) To raise the Sutpen children.
4. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Mr. Compson.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
5. To whom is Judith engaged?
(a) Charles Bon.
(b) Thomas Compson.
(c) Charles Akers.
(d) The Methodist minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
2. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
3. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
4. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
5. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)