|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(d) New Orleans.
2. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
(a) Her father is one of the most respectable men in Jefferson.
(b) He meets her at church and falls in love with her immediately.
(c) She is the most beautiful woman in Jefferson.
(d) Her father is rich and Sutpen wanted a large dowry.
3. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The bride's aunt.
(b) The bride's mother.
(c) The groom's father.
(d) The bride's father.
4. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
(a) Moves to New Orleans.
(b) Locks himself in his attic.
(c) Startes a store in Jefferson.
(d) Fights for the South.
5. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's brother-in-law.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's father-in-law.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's business associate.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is one of the townspeople who turned his back on Sutpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
2. Who first discovers the truth about Charles Bon's past?
3. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
4. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
5. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)