|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Charles Bon?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) His wife.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
2. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) Mr. Akers.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
(d) Mr. Coldfield.
3. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
(a) Judith is Rosa's step-sister.
(b) Judith is Rosa's niece.
(c) Judith is Rosa's cousin.
(d) Judith is Rosa's best friend.
4. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
(a) The town preacher.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Quentin's father.
(d) Quentin's grandfather.
5. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
(a) Thomas Sutpen forbade the marriage between Bon and Judith.
(b) Judith wanted to marry Bon.
(c) Henry discovered that Sutpen had stolen the money he used to build Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Henry discovered that Sutpen had other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Judith engaged?
2. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
3. Who first discovers the truth about Charles Bon's past?
4. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
5. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)