|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
(a) The fact that Charles lived in New Orleans.
(b) The fact that Charles married his mistress.
(c) The fact that Charles was not of a known family.
(d) The fact that Charles had written letters to Judith.
2. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Ellen Sutpen.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
3. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(b) New Orleans.
4. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
5. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
(a) Charles Bon has a fight with Sutpen.
(b) Judith calls off the marriage.
(c) Henry has a fight with his father.
(d) Ellen hasa fight with Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
2. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
3. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
4. Who first discovers the truth about Charles Bon's past?
5. Who does Henry bring home from college for Christmas one year?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)