|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The bride's aunt.
(b) The groom's father.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The bride's mother.
2. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
(a) Fights for the North.
(b) Moves to New Orleans.
(c) Locks himself in his attic.
(d) Fights for the South.
3. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Jason Compson.
(c) Quentin Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
4. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
(a) Colonel Sartoris's.
(b) Colonel Akers's.
(c) General Compson's.
(d) General Lee's.
5. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is a perfect summer night.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is raining.
(d) There is a tornado coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
2. Who writes the letter that is presented in Chapter 4?
3. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
4. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
5. Who currently has possession of the letter presented in Chapter 4?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)