|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
(b) He kills a man.
(c) He does not pay his taxes.
(d) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
2. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
(a) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
(b) At Stupen's estate.
(c) In his father's house.
(d) At Harvard.
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His horse-taming skills.
(b) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(c) His ability to win at cards.
(d) His shooting skills.
4. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
(a) Henry discovered that Sutpen had other children.
(b) Thomas Sutpen forbade the marriage between Bon and Judith.
(c) Judith wanted to marry Bon.
(d) Henry discovered that Sutpen had stolen the money he used to build Sutpen's Hundred.
5. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
(a) He is missing a leg.
(b) He is wearing a brand-new suit.
(c) He looks as if he had been ill.
(d) He is extremely short.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the letter that is presented in Chapter 4 written with?
2. Who first discovers the truth about Charles Bon's past?
3. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
4. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
5. What is Henry's rank in the army?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)