|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
(a) Fights for the North.
(b) Fights for the South.
(c) Locks himself in his attic.
(d) Moves to New Orleans.
2. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
(b) Mr. Akers
(c) One of Sutpen's slaves.
(d) The Methodist minister.
3. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
(a) The fact that Charles lived in New Orleans.
(b) The fact that Charles had written letters to Judith.
(c) The fact that Charles married his mistress.
(d) The fact that Charles was not of a known family.
4. Where is Charles Bon buried?
(a) In the Sutpen family plot.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) Next to his wife.
(d) In New Orleans.
5. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
(a) To marry Thomas Sutpen.
(b) To protect her children.
(c) To raise the Sutpen children.
(d) To bury her on the farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
2. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
3. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
4. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
5. What is Henry's rank in the army?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)