|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry study at school?
2. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) Ellen is Rosa's aunt.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are sisters.
3. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
(a) Fight with his slaves.
(c) Read books.
(d) Make saddles.
4. Who currently has possession of the letter presented in Chapter 4?
(a) Jason Compson.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
5. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His ability to win at cards.
(b) His shooting skills.
(c) His horse-taming skills.
(d) His ability to drink hard liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
2. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
3. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
4. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
5. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)