|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) There is a tornado coming.
(c) It is a perfect summer night.
(d) It is raining.
2. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Mr. Compson.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
3. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
(a) Judith wanted to marry Bon.
(b) Henry discovered that Sutpen had other children.
(c) Henry discovered that Sutpen had stolen the money he used to build Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Thomas Sutpen forbade the marriage between Bon and Judith.
4. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) An interior designer.
(b) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(c) Spanish gold.
(d) Another architect.
5. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Ellen Compson.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
4. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
5. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)