|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
(b) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
(c) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
(d) She hates Sutpen.
2. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) He had been a banker.
(c) No one knows.
(d) He is a horse trader.
3. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
(a) Judith is Rosa's best friend.
(b) Judith is Rosa's step-sister.
(c) Judith is Rosa's niece.
(d) Judith is Rosa's cousin.
4. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Judith Sutpen
(c) Mrs. Compson.
(d) Wash Jones.
5. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) General Compson.
(b) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
(c) Mr. Akers.
(d) Mr. Coldfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
2. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
3. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
4. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
5. In what state is Jefferson located?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)