|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Sutpen's two daughters?
(a) Judith and Clytie.
(b) Judith and Ellen.
(c) Judith and Cassandra.
(d) Judith and Rosa.
2. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) French francs.
(b) US dollars.
(c) Spanish gold coins.
(d) Italian lira.
3. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt elopes.
(b) The aunt dies.
(c) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(d) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
4. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They go dancing.
(b) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(c) They go to the theater.
(d) They go to Holston House.
5. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) She needs someone to take care of her.
(b) She loses her house.
(c) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
(d) Sutpen invites her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charles Bon buried?
2. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
3. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
4. What is Bon's rank in the army?
5. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)