|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Watch dog fighting.
(b) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
(c) Help him decorate the house.
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(b) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(d) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
3. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
(a) How to read.
(b) How to keep house and manage other domestic matters.
(c) How to keep a ledger.
(d) How to make a wedding dress.
4. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
5. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His horse-taming skills.
(b) His shooting skills.
(c) His ability to win at cards.
(d) His ability to drink hard liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
2. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
3. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
4. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
5. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)