|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
(a) He feels sorry for Thomas Sutpen.
(b) He is requested specifically by the person telling the story.
(c) His mother asks him to,
(d) His father makes him.
2. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
(a) Mr. Coldfield.
(b) The Jefferson bank.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Ikkemotubbe, a Native American.
3. Who kills Charles Bon?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) His wife.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
4. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He protests the wedding and stays home.
(b) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(c) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(d) He goes hunting.
5. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
(a) Locks it up.
(b) Sells it.
(c) Turns it into a church.
(d) Burns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
2. Where is Charles Bon buried?
3. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
4. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
5. To whom does the recipient of the letter presented in Chapter 4 give the letter to decades ago?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)