|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the recipient of the letter presented in Chapter 4 give the letter to decades ago?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Jason Compson.
(c) General Compson, Quentin's grandfather.
(d) Mrs. Compson, Quentin's grandmother.
2. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
(a) Colonel Akers's.
(b) General Compson's.
(c) Colonel Sartoris's.
(d) General Lee's.
3. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) She loses her house.
(b) Sutpen invites her.
(c) She needs someone to take care of her.
(d) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
4. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(b) Help him decorate the house.
(c) Watch dog fighting.
(d) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
5. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
2. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
5. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)