|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
(a) The fact that Charles lived in New Orleans.
(b) The fact that Charles had written letters to Judith.
(c) The fact that Charles married his mistress.
(d) The fact that Charles was not of a known family.
2. How is Charles Bon killed?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is drowned.
(d) He is hung.
3. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
(a) The Jefferson bank.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Ikkemotubbe, a Native American.
(d) Mr. Coldfield.
4. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
(a) Henry discovered that Sutpen had stolen the money he used to build Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Henry discovered that Sutpen had other children.
(c) Thomas Sutpen forbade the marriage between Bon and Judith.
(d) Judith wanted to marry Bon.
5. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
(a) Mr. Coldfield.
(b) Wash Jones.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Charles Akers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
2. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
3. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
4. What is the setting of Chapter 4?
5. What is Bon's rank in the army?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)