|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(b) Watch dog fighting.
(c) Help him decorate the house.
(d) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
2. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
3. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) She is his step-sister.
(b) She is his aunt.
(c) She is his teacher.
(d) They are neighbors.
4. Who does Henry bring home from college for Christmas one year?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Charles Akers.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) His English professor.
5. Who builds Sutpen's house?
(a) Jefferson laborers.
(b) The local construction company.
(c) Sutpen and his slaves.
(d) A group of soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
2. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
5. Who first discovers the truth about Charles Bon's past?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)