|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(d) New Orleans.
2. What is the setting of Chapter 4?
(a) On the Compsons' porch.
(b) At Sutpen's Hundred in 1865.
(c) At Sutpen's Hundred in 1909.
(d) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
3. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
(a) The fact that Charles had written letters to Judith.
(b) The fact that Charles was not of a known family.
(c) The fact that Charles married his mistress.
(d) The fact that Charles lived in New Orleans.
4. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
(a) Charles Bon.
(b) Mr. Coldfield.
(c) Wash Jones.
(d) Charles Akers.
5. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
(a) General Compson's.
(b) Colonel Sartoris's.
(c) Colonel Akers's.
(d) General Lee's.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
2. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
3. Who does Henry bring home from college for Christmas one year?
4. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
5. Who kills Charles Bon?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)