|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
(a) University of New Orleans.
(b) University of Mississippi.
(c) University of South Carolina.
(d) State University at Oxford.
2. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Civil War.
3. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
(b) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(c) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
4. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
(a) She purchases it from her father's store.
(b) She steals it from her father's store.
(c) She receives it by mail-order.
(d) She receives it from Ellen.
5. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
(a) In a battle.
(b) In his store.
(c) In his parlor.
(d) In his attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
2. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
3. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
4. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
5. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)