|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) After the birth of Judith Sutpen.
(b) After the death of her sister.
(c) After the death of her mother.
(d) After the death of her father.
2. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Jason Compson.
(d) Quentin Compson.
3. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
(a) Locks it up.
(b) Turns it into a church.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Burns it.
4. In what state is Jefferson located?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) South Carolina.
5. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
(a) She receives it by mail-order.
(b) She purchases it from her father's store.
(c) She receives it from Ellen.
(d) She steals it from her father's store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
2. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
3. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
4. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
5. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)