|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
(a) Quentin's grandfather.
(b) Quentin's father.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) The town preacher.
2. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a preacher.
(b) He is a merchant.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He is a farmer.
3. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) He is a horse trader.
(b) He had been a banker.
(c) A family inheritance.
(d) No one knows.
4. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Sutpen's Manor.
(c) Sutpen's Farm.
(d) Sutpen's Castle.
5. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) They go to Martinique.
(c) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
(d) They go to New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
2. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
3. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
4. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
5. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)