|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
(a) Fights for the North.
(b) Fights for the South.
(c) Moves to New Orleans.
(d) Locks himself in his attic.
2. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
(b) He kills a man.
(c) He does not pay his taxes.
(d) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
3. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) At home.
(c) In Connecticut.
(d) She is dead.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Help him decorate the house.
(b) Watch dog fighting.
(d) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
2. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
3. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
4. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
5. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)