|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) Another architect.
(b) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(c) An interior designer.
(d) Spanish gold.
2. To whom is Judith engaged?
(a) Thomas Compson.
(b) Charles Akers.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) The Methodist minister.
3. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
(a) To move to New Orleans.
(b) To enlist in the Civil War.
(c) To attend Harvard.
(d) To get married.
4. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(a) New Orleans.
5. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
(a) Mr. Coldfield.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Ikkemotubbe, a Native American.
(d) The Jefferson bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
2. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
3. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
4. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
5. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)