|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
(a) Ellen hasa fight with Thomas.
(b) Charles Bon has a fight with Sutpen.
(c) Henry has a fight with his father.
(d) Judith calls off the marriage.
2. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) Mr. Akers
(b) The Methodist minister.
(c) One of Sutpen's slaves.
(d) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
3. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(b) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
4. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
(a) She is knitting Judith a sweater.
(b) She is making undergarments for Judith's trousseau.
(c) She is making Judith's wedding dress.
(d) She is writing out instructions on how to cook.
5. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
(a) Judith is Rosa's step-sister.
(b) Judith is Rosa's niece.
(c) Judith is Rosa's cousin.
(d) Judith is Rosa's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
4. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
5. To whom is Judith engaged?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)