|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
(b) Mr. Akers
(c) The Methodist minister.
(d) One of Sutpen's slaves.
2. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
(a) At Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) On the streets of Jefferson.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) She never meets him.
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His shooting skills.
(b) His ability to win at cards.
(c) His horse-taming skills.
(d) His ability to drink hard liquor.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
2. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
3. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
4. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
5. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)