|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
(a) He is extremely short.
(b) He is wearing a brand-new suit.
(c) He looks as if he had been ill.
(d) He is missing a leg.
2. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
(a) She purchases it from her father's store.
(b) She receives it from Ellen.
(c) She receives it by mail-order.
(d) She steals it from her father's store.
3. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(b) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) The aunt dies.
(d) The aunt elopes.
4. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
(a) At Stupen's estate.
(b) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
(c) At Harvard.
(d) In his father's house.
5. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his step-sister.
(c) She is his teacher.
(d) They are neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
2. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
3. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
4. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
5. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)