|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
(a) How to make a wedding dress.
(b) How to read.
(c) How to keep a ledger.
(d) How to keep house and manage other domestic matters.
2. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) Sutpen is arrested.
(b) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
(c) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
(d) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
3. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
(b) New Orleans.
4. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They go to Martinique.
(b) They go to New Orleans.
(c) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
(d) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
5. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
(a) She is knitting Judith a sweater.
(b) She is making Judith's wedding dress.
(c) She is writing out instructions on how to cook.
(d) She is making undergarments for Judith's trousseau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
2. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
3. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
4. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
5. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)