|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(b) The aunt elopes.
(c) The aunt dies.
(d) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
2. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) After the death of her father.
(b) After the birth of Judith Sutpen.
(c) After the death of her mother.
(d) After the death of her sister.
3. What do Henry and Charles Bon do during the war?
(a) Live at Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Join the military company that forms at their university.
(c) Finish their degrees.
(d) Start a trading company.
4. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Ellen Compson.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
5. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
(b) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
(c) Sutpen is arrested.
(d) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
2. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
3. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
4. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
5. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)