|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
(a) In his attic.
(b) In his parlor.
(c) In a battle.
(d) In his store.
2. In what state is Jefferson located?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) South Carolina.
3. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) Spanish gold.
(b) Another architect.
(c) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(d) An interior designer.
4. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
5. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) She loses her house.
(b) Sutpen invites her.
(c) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
(d) She needs someone to take care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
2. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
3. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
4. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
5. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)