|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt elopes.
(b) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(d) The aunt dies.
2. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(b) His horse-taming skills.
(c) His shooting skills.
(d) His ability to win at cards.
3. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
(a) He meets her at church and falls in love with her immediately.
(b) She is the most beautiful woman in Jefferson.
(c) Her father is one of the most respectable men in Jefferson.
(d) Her father is rich and Sutpen wanted a large dowry.
4. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(d) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
5. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
(b) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
2. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
3. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
4. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
5. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)