|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
(a) At Harvard.
(b) At Stupen's estate.
(c) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
(d) In his father's house.
2. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
3. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) She hates Sutpen.
(b) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
(c) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
(d) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
4. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He protests the wedding and stays home.
(b) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(c) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(d) He goes hunting.
5. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Mr. Akers' daughter.
(c) One of his slaves.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
2. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
3. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
4. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
5. Who builds Sutpen's house?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)