|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(c) New Orleans.
2. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) World War I.
3. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
(a) He is missing a leg.
(b) He looks as if he had been ill.
(c) He is extremely short.
(d) He is wearing a brand-new suit.
4. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
(a) To get married.
(b) To enlist in the Civil War.
(c) To move to New Orleans.
(d) To attend Harvard.
5. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his step-sister.
(c) She is his teacher.
(d) They are neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
4. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
5. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)