|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Henry and Charles Bon do during the war?
(a) Join the military company that forms at their university.
(b) Start a trading company.
(c) Finish their degrees.
(d) Live at Sutpen's Hundred.
2. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(c) The aunt dies.
(d) The aunt elopes.
3. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
(b) He does not pay his taxes.
(c) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
(d) He kills a man.
4. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) An interior designer.
(b) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(c) Another architect.
(d) Spanish gold.
5. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(b) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(d) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
2. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
3. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
4. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
5. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)