|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
2. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(b) Holston House, the town inn.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Mr. Coldfield's store.
3. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
(b) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
(c) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
(d) Sutpen is arrested.
4. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
(a) The town preacher.
(b) Quentin's father.
(c) Quentin's grandfather.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
5. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
(a) Fights for the South.
(b) Moves to New Orleans.
(c) Locks himself in his attic.
(d) Fights for the North.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
2. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
3. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
4. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
5. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)