|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) US dollars.
(b) Spanish gold coins.
(c) Italian lira.
(d) French francs.
2. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
(b) Sutpen is arrested.
(c) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
(d) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
3. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) She loses her house.
(b) Sutpen invites her.
(c) She needs someone to take care of her.
(d) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
4. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
(a) On the streets of Jefferson.
(b) At Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) She never meets him.
5. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) The Methodist minister.
(b) One of Sutpen's slaves.
(c) Mr. Akers
(d) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is Jefferson located?
2. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
3. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
4. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
5. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)