|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Henry Sutpen.
(d) Mr. Compson.
2. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Ellen Compson.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His shooting skills.
(b) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(c) His horse-taming skills.
(d) His ability to win at cards.
4. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) No one knows.
(b) A family inheritance.
(c) He had been a banker.
(d) He is a horse trader.
5. In what year does the novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
2. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
3. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
4. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
5. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)