|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
2. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) He kills a man.
(b) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
(c) He does not pay his taxes.
(d) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(b) His ability to win at cards.
(c) His shooting skills.
(d) His horse-taming skills.
4. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) No one in Jefferson knows.
5. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
(a) At Harvard.
(b) At Stupen's estate.
(c) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
(d) In his father's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
2. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
3. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
4. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
5. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)