|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
2. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Ellen Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
3. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
(a) At Stupen's estate.
(b) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
(c) At Harvard.
(d) In his father's house.
4. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The bride's father.
(b) The groom's father.
(c) The bride's mother.
(d) The bride's aunt.
5. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) French francs.
(b) US dollars.
(c) Italian lira.
(d) Spanish gold coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
2. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
4. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
5. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)