|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is raining.
(c) There is a tornado coming.
(d) It is a perfect summer night.
2. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(b) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His horse-taming skills.
(b) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(c) His shooting skills.
(d) His ability to win at cards.
4. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) He is a horse trader.
(b) A family inheritance.
(c) He had been a banker.
(d) No one knows.
5. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
(a) To bury her on the farm.
(b) To marry Thomas Sutpen.
(c) To raise the Sutpen children.
(d) To protect her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
4. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
5. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)