|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rosa marry?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Mr. Compson.
(c) No one.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
2. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
(b) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
(c) He does not pay his taxes.
(d) He kills a man.
3. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
(b) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
4. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The bride's aunt.
(b) The groom's father.
(c) The bride's mother.
(d) The bride's father.
5. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(b) His shooting skills.
(c) His horse-taming skills.
(d) His ability to win at cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
2. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
3. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
4. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
5. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)