|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
2. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is one of the townspeople who turned his back on Sutpen.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's father-in-law.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's brother-in-law.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's business associate.
3. Who builds Sutpen's house?
(a) A group of soldiers.
(b) Jefferson laborers.
(c) The local construction company.
(d) Sutpen and his slaves.
4. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) His son dies.
(d) The preacher asks him to.
5. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
(b) She hates Sutpen.
(c) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
(d) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
2. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
3. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
4. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
5. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)