|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
(b) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
(c) She hates Sutpen.
(d) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
2. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Sutpen's Manor.
(c) Sutpen's Castle.
(d) Sutpen's Farm.
3. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(b) New Orleans.
4. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a preacher.
(b) He is a merchant.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He is a farmer.
5. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) There is a tornado coming.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is a perfect summer night.
(d) It is raining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
2. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
3. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
4. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
5. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)