|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) Spanish gold coins.
(b) US dollars.
(c) French francs.
(d) Italian lira.
2. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(c) No one in Jefferson knows.
(d) South Carolina.
3. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) The Methodist minister.
(b) One of Sutpen's slaves.
(c) Mr. Akers
(d) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
4. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Watch dog fighting.
(c) Help him decorate the house.
(d) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
5. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His ability to win at cards.
(b) His horse-taming skills.
(c) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(d) His shooting skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
2. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
3. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
4. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
5. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)