|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The Civil War.
2. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a preacher.
(d) He is a merchant.
3. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
(a) Judith is Rosa's step-sister.
(b) Judith is Rosa's best friend.
(c) Judith is Rosa's cousin.
(d) Judith is Rosa's niece.
4. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
(b) Sutpen is arrested.
(c) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
(d) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
5. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(c) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
(d) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
2. Who does Rosa marry?
3. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
4. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
5. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)