|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He goes hunting.
(b) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(c) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(d) He protests the wedding and stays home.
2. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
(a) Mr. Akers' daughter.
(b) One of his slaves.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
3. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) US dollars.
(b) Spanish gold coins.
(c) French francs.
(d) Italian lira.
4. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
(b) Sutpen is arrested.
(c) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
(d) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
5. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) Ellen is Rosa's aunt.
(d) They are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
2. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
3. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
4. Who builds Sutpen's house?
5. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)