|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen's Farm.
(b) Sutpen's Castle.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Sutpen's Manor.
2. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
3. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
(a) She is dead.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) At home.
(d) In Connecticut.
4. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) His son dies.
(b) The preacher asks him to.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
5. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
2. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
3. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
4. In what state is Jefferson located?
5. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)