|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Mr. Coldfield's store.
(c) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(d) Holston House, the town inn.
2. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(a) No one in Jefferson knows.
(c) South Carolina.
3. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) No one knows.
(b) He is a horse trader.
(c) A family inheritance.
(d) He had been a banker.
4. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
5. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
(a) The Jefferson bank.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Ikkemotubbe, a Native American.
(d) Mr. Coldfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. In what state is Jefferson located?
4. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
5. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)