|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
(b) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
(c) He does not pay his taxes.
(d) He kills a man.
2. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) He had been a banker.
(b) A family inheritance.
(c) No one knows.
(d) He is a horse trader.
3. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
(b) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
(c) Sutpen is arrested.
(d) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
4. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(d) New Orleans.
5. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He protests the wedding and stays home.
(b) He goes hunting.
(c) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(d) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
2. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
3. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
4. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
5. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)