|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
(b) He does not pay his taxes.
(c) He kills a man.
(d) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
2. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Watch dog fighting.
(c) Help him decorate the house.
(d) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
3. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Ellen Compson.
4. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
5. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Mr. Compson.
(d) Quentin Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
2. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
3. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
4. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
5. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)