|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Ellen Compson.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
2. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
(a) She is dead.
(b) In Connecticut.
(c) At home.
(d) In New Orleans.
3. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The bride's father.
(b) The groom's father.
(c) The bride's mother.
(d) The bride's aunt.
4. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His shooting skills.
(b) His horse-taming skills.
(c) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(d) His ability to win at cards.
5. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a preacher.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a merchant.
(d) He is a tailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rosa marry?
2. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
3. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
4. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
5. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)