|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
(a) A horse being killed.
(b) Her father fighting with his slaves.
(c) A Civil War battle.
(d) A hanging.
2. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His ability to win at cards.
(b) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(c) His horse-taming skills.
(d) His shooting skills.
3. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) She is his teacher.
(b) She is his step-sister.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) They are neighbors.
4. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
5. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is a perfect summer night.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) There is a tornado coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
2. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
3. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
4. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
5. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)