|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
(a) Quentin's father.
(b) The town preacher.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Quentin's grandfather.
2. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(a) No one in Jefferson knows.
(d) South Carolina.
3. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) Mr. Coldfield's store.
(b) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(c) Holston House, the town inn.
(d) Sutpen's Hundred.
4. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Mr. Compson.
(c) Henry Sutpen.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
5. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) French francs.
(b) US dollars.
(c) Spanish gold coins.
(d) Italian lira.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
2. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
3. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
4. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
5. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)