|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His horse-taming skills.
(b) His ability to win at cards.
(c) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(d) His shooting skills.
2. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
(b) She hates Sutpen.
(c) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
(d) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
3. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is one of the townspeople who turned his back on Sutpen.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's father-in-law.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's business associate.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's brother-in-law.
4. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
(a) A Civil War battle.
(b) A horse being killed.
(c) Her father fighting with his slaves.
(d) A hanging.
5. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
(a) He feels sorry for Thomas Sutpen.
(b) His father makes him.
(c) He is requested specifically by the person telling the story.
(d) His mother asks him to,
Short Answer Questions
1. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
2. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
3. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
4. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)