|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(c) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
2. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
(a) He looks as if he had been ill.
(b) He is extremely short.
(c) He is wearing a brand-new suit.
(d) He is missing a leg.
3. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) No one in Jefferson knows.
4. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Ellen Compson.
5. In what year does the novel begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
2. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
3. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
4. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
5. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)