|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is a perfect summer night.
(d) There is a tornado coming.
2. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
(a) His mother asks him to,
(b) His father makes him.
(c) He is requested specifically by the person telling the story.
(d) He feels sorry for Thomas Sutpen.
3. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Ellen Sutpen.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
4. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
(a) A hanging.
(b) A horse being killed.
(c) A Civil War battle.
(d) Her father fighting with his slaves.
5. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
2. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
3. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
4. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
5. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)