|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
(a) Make saddles.
(b) Read books.
(c) Fight with his slaves.
2. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his step-sister.
(c) She is his teacher.
(d) They are neighbors.
3. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is a perfect summer night.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is raining.
(d) There is a tornado coming.
4. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(b) His horse-taming skills.
(c) His shooting skills.
(d) His ability to win at cards.
5. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He goes hunting.
(b) He protests the wedding and stays home.
(c) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(d) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
2. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
3. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
4. Who does Rosa marry?
5. Who builds Sutpen's house?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)