|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Ellen Compson.
(d) Judith Sutpen.
2. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) French francs.
(b) Italian lira.
(c) Spanish gold coins.
(d) US dollars.
3. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
(a) To bury her on the farm.
(b) To protect her children.
(c) To raise the Sutpen children.
(d) To marry Thomas Sutpen.
4. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He protests the wedding and stays home.
(b) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(c) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(d) He goes hunting.
5. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a tailor.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a merchant.
(d) He is a preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
3. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
4. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
5. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)