|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) Mr. Coldfield's store.
(b) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(c) Holston House, the town inn.
(d) Sutpen's Hundred.
2. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
(a) Mr. Akers' daughter.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) One of his slaves.
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) Spanish gold.
(b) An interior designer.
(c) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(d) Another architect.
5. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
(a) His father makes him.
(b) His mother asks him to,
(c) He is requested specifically by the person telling the story.
(d) He feels sorry for Thomas Sutpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
2. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
3. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
4. Who does Rosa marry?
5. Who builds Sutpen's house?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)