|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The bride's mother.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The groom's father.
(d) The bride's aunt.
2. In what state is Jefferson located?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) New Orleans.
3. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's business associate.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is one of the townspeople who turned his back on Sutpen.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's brother-in-law.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's father-in-law.
4. Who does Rosa marry?
(a) No one.
(b) Henry Sutpen.
(c) Mr. Compson.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
5. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
(a) Quentin's father.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Quentin's grandfather.
(d) The town preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
2. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
3. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
4. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
5. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)