|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(b) He goes hunting.
(c) He protests the wedding and stays home.
(d) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
2. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
3. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) Spanish gold.
(b) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(c) Another architect.
(d) An interior designer.
4. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
(c) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
5. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Quentin Compson.
(d) Mr. Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rosa marry?
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
4. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
5. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)