|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) Sutpen is arrested.
(b) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
(c) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
(d) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
2. What is the weather like the night of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) It is a perfect summer night.
(b) There is a tornado coming.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is raining.
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His shooting skills.
(b) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(c) His horse-taming skills.
(d) His ability to win at cards.
4. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(b) He goes hunting.
(c) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(d) He protests the wedding and stays home.
5. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Ellen Sutpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
2. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
3. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
4. To whom is Judith engaged?
5. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)