|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
(a) In New Orleans.
(b) She is dead.
(c) In Connecticut.
(d) At home.
2. When Quentin and Jason visit the Sutpen graveyard, who is buried there?
(a) Charles Bon and Ellen Sutpen.
(b) Ellen, Thomas, and Judith Sutpen; Charles Bon; and Charles Etienne Saint-Valery Bon.
(c) Ellen, Thomas, and Judith Sutpen.
(d) Ellen and Thomas Sutpen and Charles Bon.
3. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
(a) The planter destroys his daughter's birth certificate.
(b) The planter has the neighbors lie about his daughter's mother.
(c) The French planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Spanish.
(d) The planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Native American.
4. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
(a) Moves to New Orleans.
(b) Locks himself in his attic.
(c) Fights for the South.
(d) Startes a store in Jefferson.
5. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The groom's father.
(b) The bride's father.
(c) The bride's mother.
(d) The bride's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
2. How does Judith Sutpen die?
3. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
4. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
5. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)