|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
(a) Quentin's father.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Quentin's grandfather.
(d) The town preacher.
2. When Thomas Sutpen goes to the front door of the plantation house when he is a boy, what happens?
(a) The slave butler tells Sutpen he is not allowed to use the front door and must go to the back of the house.
(b) The master of the house shows Sutpen his gun.
(c) The lady of the house takes him in and gave him a tour.
(d) The house servants laugh at Sutpen's clothes.
3. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) General Compson.
(b) Mr. Coldfield.
(c) Mr. Akers.
(d) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
4. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
(a) She smiles.
(b) She cries.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She remains emotionless.
5. What is the name of Quentin's roommate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
2. What is Charles Bon's religion?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
5. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)