|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's father-in-law.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's brother-in-law.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's business associate.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is one of the townspeople who turned his back on Sutpen.
2. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
(a) How to make a wedding dress.
(b) How to keep a ledger.
(c) How to read.
(d) How to keep house and manage other domestic matters.
3. Who is the primary subject of discussion in Chapter 8?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Charles Bon.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
4. Why does Shreve believe Charles changed the pictures?
(a) So that in case he died, Judith would find the picture and think that he had not been worth marrying.
(b) So that when he died, Judith would be able to contact his wife and child.
(c) Because Charles never loved Judith.
(d) Because Charles intended to mail the picture to his wife and child after marrying Judith.
5. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
2. What woman does Sutpen turn his attentions to after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
3. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
4. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
5. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)