|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present when Rosa got engaged?
(b) Wash Jones.
(d) Judith and Clytie.
2. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
(a) Moves to New Orleans.
(b) Fights for the North.
(c) Fights for the South.
(d) Locks himself in his attic.
3. Who first discovers the truth about Charles Bon's past?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
4. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
(a) Judith calls off the marriage.
(b) Charles Bon has a fight with Sutpen.
(c) Henry has a fight with his father.
(d) Ellen hasa fight with Thomas.
5. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
(a) In Connecticut.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) At home.
(d) She is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
2. Who is Jim Bond?
3. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
4. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
5. Who currently has possession of the letter presented in Chapter 4?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)