|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Wash Jones.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
2. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
(a) New Orleans.
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His ability to win at cards.
(b) His horse-taming skills.
(c) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(d) His shooting skills.
4. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen invites her.
(b) She needs someone to take care of her.
(c) She loses her house.
(d) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
5. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
(b) They go to Martinique.
(c) They go to New Orleans.
(d) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles Bon study at school?
2. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
3. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
4. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
5. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)