|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
(c) His son dies.
(d) The preacher asks him to.
2. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
(a) Four hundred miles.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) Forty miles.
(d) A day's train ride.
3. Who is telling the Sutpen story in Chapter 7?
(a) Quentin and Jason.
(b) Quentin and Shreve.
(c) Rosa and Shreve.
(d) Quentin and Rosa.
4. Who is the primary narrator of Chapter 8?
5. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
(b) She hates Sutpen.
(c) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
(d) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
2. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
3. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
4. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
5. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)