|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
2. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
(b) One of Sutpen's slaves.
(c) Mr. Akers
(d) The Methodist minister.
3. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) The West Indies.
(d) New Orleans.
4. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
(a) Henry Sutpen kills her.
(b) Wash Jones kills her.
(c) She dies of yellow fever.
(d) She drowns.
5. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(b) Watch dog fighting.
(c) Help him decorate the house.
(d) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jim Bond live?
2. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. What is the name of the woman who Sutpen impregnates after Rosa leaves Sutpen's estate?
5. Who does Henry bring home from college for Christmas one year?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)