|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Charles Bon when he goes away to college?
2. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
(b) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
(c) Sutpen is arrested.
(d) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
3. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) An arm wound that leads to the amputation of his right arm.
(c) He is shot in the foot.
(d) He is knifed in the shoulder.
4. Who says a prayer at Charles Bon's funeral?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Theophilus McCaslin.
5. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen's Manor.
(b) Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) Sutpen's Farm.
(d) Sutpen's Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
2. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
3. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
4. What is the name of Quentin's roommate?
5. Who conducts Sutpen's funeral service?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)