|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Jason Compson.
(d) Quentin Compson.
2. How is Charles Bon killed?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is drowned.
(d) He is hung.
3. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
(a) She wants to marry Sutpen when he returnes.
(b) She needs shelter.
(c) She is waiting for Sutpen to return.
(d) She needs food.
4. Where does Jim Bond live?
(a) In Jefferson.
(b) In the swamp adjacent to Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) In a shack behind the Sutpen estate.
(d) In New Orleans.
5. What is the setting of Chapter 8?
(a) Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Sutpen's Hundred, New Orleans, and Civil War battlefields.
(c) Quentin and Shreve's dorm room.
(d) Rosa Coldfield's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
2. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
3. What is the setting of Chapter 6?
4. How does Judith Sutpen die?
5. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)