|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) The West Indies.
2. Who do Quentin and Shreve believe persuaded Bon to attend the university he chose to attend?
(a) Bon's wife.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) Bon's mother.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
3. When Quentin goes to Sutpen's Hundred with Rosa, who tries to stop them from going up the stairs?
(a) Henry Sutpen.
(b) Jim Bond.
(d) Wash Jones.
4. Who builds Sutpen's house?
(a) The local construction company.
(b) Sutpen and his slaves.
(c) Jefferson laborers.
(d) A group of soldiers.
5. How far is Henry and Charles' university from Sutpen's estate?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Four hundred miles.
(c) Forty miles.
(d) A day's train ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
2. Chapter 7 says that Sutpen had only one friend. Who is that friend?
3. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
4. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
5. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)