|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They go to Holston House.
(b) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(c) They go dancing.
(d) They go to the theater.
2. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
(b) No one.
(c) Judith and Rosa.
3. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
(a) The West Indies.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) South Carolina.
4. Who conducts Sutpen's funeral service?
(a) General Compson.
(b) The Catholic priest.
(d) The Methodist preacher.
5. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Quentin Compson.
(c) Jason Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
2. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
3. Who first discovers the truth about Charles Bon's past?
4. How does Rosa survive after she leaves Sutpen's estate?
5. Who is Sutpen's first wife?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)