|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Thomas Sutpen tells Henry at their last meeting?
(a) That Henry should move out of the country.
(b) That Henry cannot allow Bon to marry Judith.
(c) That Henry must keep Bon's identity a secret.
(d) That Henry must kill Charles Bon.
2. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
3. To whom does the recipient of the letter presented in Chapter 4 give the letter to decades ago?
(a) General Compson, Quentin's grandfather.
(b) Jason Compson.
(c) Mrs. Compson, Quentin's grandmother.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
4. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
(a) Henry Sutpen kills her.
(b) She dies of yellow fever.
(c) She drowns.
(d) Wash Jones kills her.
5. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen's Manor.
(b) Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) Sutpen's Castle.
(d) Sutpen's Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bon's rank in the army?
2. Where is Shreve from?
3. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
4. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
5. Why does Sutpen reject his last (youngest) child?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)