|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Watch dog fighting.
(c) Help him decorate the house.
(d) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
2. What do Shreve and Quentin imagine Charles Bon was waiting for when he anticipated the mail that would come to the university from Sutpen's Hundred?
(a) A letter from Thomas Sutpen revealing that he was Bon's father.
(b) A letter from Judith professing her love.
(c) A letter from Judith's maid suggesting that Bon propose to Judith.
(d) A letter from Ellen suggesting that Bon propose to Judith.
3. How do Shreve and Quentin believe that the French planter disguised his daughter's African blood?
(a) The planter has the neighbors lie about his daughter's mother.
(b) The planter destroys his daughter's birth certificate.
(c) The French planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Spanish.
(d) The planter tells Sutpen that his daughter's mother is Native American.
4. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
5. What is the setting of Chapter 8?
(a) Rosa Coldfield's office.
(b) Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred, New Orleans, and Civil War battlefields.
(d) Quentin and Shreve's dorm room.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thomas Sutpen goes to the front door of the plantation house when he is a boy, what happens?
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
4. What is Charles Bon's religion?
5. What is the name of Quentin's roommate?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)