|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
(a) In his store.
(b) In a battle.
(c) In his attic.
(d) In his parlor.
2. To whom is Judith engaged?
(a) Charles Bon.
(b) Charles Akers.
(c) Thomas Compson.
(d) The Methodist minister.
3. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Ellen Compson.
4. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Jason Compson.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
5. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
(a) She never meets him.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) On the streets of Jefferson.
(d) At Sutpen's Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
2. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
4. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
5. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)