|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
(b) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(c) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(b) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
(c) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
3. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
(a) Moves to New Orleans.
(b) Locks himself in his attic.
(c) Fights for the South.
(d) Startes a store in Jefferson.
4. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
(a) At home.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) She is dead.
(d) In Connecticut.
5. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
(a) Judith calls off the marriage.
(b) Ellen hasa fight with Thomas.
(c) Henry has a fight with his father.
(d) Charles Bon has a fight with Sutpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
2. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
3. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
4. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
5. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)