|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
2. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(b) They go to Holston House.
(c) They go to the theater.
(d) They go dancing.
3. To whom is Judith engaged?
(a) Charles Bon.
(b) The Methodist minister.
(c) Thomas Compson.
(d) Charles Akers.
4. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
(a) How to keep a ledger.
(b) How to read.
(c) How to keep house and manage other domestic matters.
(d) How to make a wedding dress.
5. Who builds Sutpen's house?
(a) Jefferson laborers.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) The local construction company.
(d) Sutpen and his slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
2. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
3. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
4. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
5. What do Henry and Charles Bon do during the war?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)