|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
(a) Locks it up.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Turns it into a church.
2. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
(a) Fights for the South.
(b) Moves to New Orleans.
(c) Startes a store in Jefferson.
(d) Locks himself in his attic.
3. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) General Compson.
(b) Mr. Coldfield.
(c) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
(d) Mr. Akers.
4. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) Holston House, the town inn.
(b) Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(d) Mr. Coldfield's store.
5. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) She loses her house.
(b) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
(c) She needs someone to take care of her.
(d) Sutpen invites her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sutpen's architect from?
2. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
3. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
4. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
5. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)