|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
(a) His father makes him.
(b) He feels sorry for Thomas Sutpen.
(c) His mother asks him to,
(d) He is requested specifically by the person telling the story.
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(d) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His ability to win at cards.
(b) His shooting skills.
(c) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(d) His horse-taming skills.
4. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
(a) General Lee's.
(b) General Compson's.
(c) Colonel Sartoris's.
(d) Colonel Akers's.
5. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
(a) Read books.
(b) Make saddles.
(c) Fight with his slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
2. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
3. In what state is Jefferson located?
4. To whom is Judith engaged?
5. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)