|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
(a) Ellen hasa fight with Thomas.
(b) Judith calls off the marriage.
(c) Henry has a fight with his father.
(d) Charles Bon has a fight with Sutpen.
2. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
(a) Quentin's father.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Quentin's grandfather.
(d) The town preacher.
3. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Ellen Sutpen.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
4. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
(a) She receives it from Ellen.
(b) She steals it from her father's store.
(c) She purchases it from her father's store.
(d) She receives it by mail-order.
5. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(b) An interior designer.
(c) Another architect.
(d) Spanish gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
2. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
3. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
4. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
5. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)