|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(b) Watch dog fighting.
(c) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
(d) Help him decorate the house.
2. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) After the death of her sister.
(b) After the death of her mother.
(c) After the death of her father.
(d) After the birth of Judith Sutpen.
3. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
(a) In his store.
(b) In his attic.
(c) In a battle.
(d) In his parlor.
4. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
(b) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
(c) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
(d) She hates Sutpen.
5. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
2. Who does Henry bring home from college for Christmas one year?
3. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
4. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
5. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)