|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Ellen Sutpen.
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(b) Help him decorate the house.
(c) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
(d) Watch dog fighting.
4. What are the names of Sutpen's two daughters?
(a) Judith and Cassandra.
(b) Judith and Ellen.
(c) Judith and Clytie.
(d) Judith and Rosa.
5. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) His son dies.
(b) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
(c) The preacher asks him to.
(d) He becomes ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
2. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
3. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
4. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
5. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)