|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry bring home from college for Christmas one year?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Charles Akers.
(c) His English professor.
(d) Charles Bon.
2. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
(a) The town preacher.
(b) Quentin's grandfather.
(c) Quentin's father.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
3. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(b) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(d) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
4. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
(a) To move to New Orleans.
(b) To get married.
(c) To attend Harvard.
(d) To enlist in the Civil War.
5. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) The preacher asks him to.
(b) His son dies.
(c) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
(d) He becomes ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
2. Why is Quentin listening to the story about Sutpen?
3. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
4. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
5. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)