|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Henry and Charles Bon do during the war?
(a) Live at Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) Finish their degrees.
(c) Join the military company that forms at their university.
(d) Start a trading company.
2. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) Mr. Akers
(b) One of Sutpen's slaves.
(c) The Methodist minister.
(d) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
3. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Ellen Sutpen.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
4. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He goes hunting.
(b) He protests the wedding and stays home.
(c) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(d) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
5. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a tailor.
(c) He is a merchant.
(d) He is a preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
4. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)