|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Watch dog fighting.
(b) Help him decorate the house.
(d) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
2. In what state is Jefferson located?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) South Carolina.
3. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(a) South Carolina.
(d) No one in Jefferson knows.
4. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(b) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(d) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
5. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
2. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
3. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
4. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
5. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)