|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
2. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
(a) Moves to New Orleans.
(b) Fights for the South.
(c) Locks himself in his attic.
(d) Startes a store in Jefferson.
3. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen's Farm.
(b) Sutpen's Castle.
(c) Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) Sutpen's Manor.
4. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(d) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
5. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
(a) At Stupen's estate.
(b) At Harvard.
(c) In his father's house.
(d) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
2. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
4. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
5. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)