|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
(b) Fight with his slaves.
(c) Read books.
(d) Make saddles.
2. Who wants Stupen and his bride to have a big wedding?
(a) The bride's aunt.
(b) The bride's mother.
(c) The bride's father.
(d) The groom's father.
3. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
(b) They go to New Orleans.
(c) They go to Martinique.
(d) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
4. What do Henry and Charles Bon do during the war?
(a) Start a trading company.
(b) Live at Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) Finish their degrees.
(d) Join the military company that forms at their university.
5. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(a) No one in Jefferson knows.
(c) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
2. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
3. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
4. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
5. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)