|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
(a) Spanish gold coins.
(b) Italian lira.
(c) US dollars.
(d) French francs.
2. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) Mr. Akers.
(b) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
(c) Mr. Coldfield.
(d) General Compson.
3. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
(a) Judith is Rosa's niece.
(b) Judith is Rosa's step-sister.
(c) Judith is Rosa's best friend.
(d) Judith is Rosa's cousin.
4. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
(c) Help him decorate the house.
(d) Watch dog fighting.
5. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They go to Holston House.
(b) They go to the theater.
(c) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(d) They go dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
2. To whom is Judith engaged?
3. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
4. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
5. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)