|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
(c) Watch dog fighting.
(d) Help him decorate the house.
2. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a merchant.
(b) He is a preacher.
(c) He is a tailor.
(d) He is a farmer.
3. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
(a) Turns it into a church.
(b) Locks it up.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Burns it.
4. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) No one knows.
(b) He is a horse trader.
(c) He had been a banker.
(d) A family inheritance.
5. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
2. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
3. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
4. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
5. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)