|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
(b) Mr. Akers.
(c) Mr. Coldfield.
(d) General Compson.
2. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is one of the townspeople who turned his back on Sutpen.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's brother-in-law.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's business associate.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's father-in-law.
3. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
(a) She purchases it from her father's store.
(b) She steals it from her father's store.
(c) She receives it by mail-order.
(d) She receives it from Ellen.
4. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(b) An interior designer.
(c) Spanish gold.
(d) Another architect.
5. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
2. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
3. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
4. What type of currency does Sutpen use to purchase his land?
5. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's estate?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)