|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
(a) She is knitting Judith a sweater.
(b) She is writing out instructions on how to cook.
(c) She is making undergarments for Judith's trousseau.
(d) She is making Judith's wedding dress.
2. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They go dancing.
(b) They go to Holston House.
(c) They go to the theater.
(d) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
3. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(b) Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) Holston House, the town inn.
(d) Mr. Coldfield's store.
4. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His shooting skills.
(b) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(c) His ability to win at cards.
(d) His horse-taming skills.
5. What do Henry and Charles Bon do during the war?
(a) Join the military company that forms at their university.
(b) Live at Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) Start a trading company.
(d) Finish their degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfiled's association with Sutpen after the marriage?
2. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
3. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
4. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
5. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)