|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
(a) To protect her children.
(b) To raise the Sutpen children.
(c) To marry Thomas Sutpen.
(d) To bury her on the farm.
2. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) Sutpen invites her.
(b) She needs someone to take care of her.
(c) She loses her house.
(d) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
3. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Turns it into a church.
(c) Locks it up.
(d) Burns it.
4. Where is Quentin while he's listening to the story about Thomas Sutpen?
(a) In Rosa Coldfield's office.
(b) At Stupen's estate.
(c) In his father's house.
(d) At Harvard.
5. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
2. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
3. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
4. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
5. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)