|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) Spanish gold.
(b) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(c) Another architect.
(d) An interior designer.
2. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) Ellen is Rosa's aunt.
(d) They are best friends.
3. Who does Henry bring home from college for Christmas one year?
(a) His English professor.
(b) Quentin Compson.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Charles Akers.
4. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
(a) Mr. Coldfield is the one who ordered the wagons that picked up Sutpen's home furnishings.
(b) Mr. Coldfield is Sutpen's banker.
(c) Mr. Coldfield is one of the men who came to Sutpen's hunting parties.
(d) Mr. Coldfield is the minister of Sutpen's church.
5. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
(a) He is extremely short.
(b) He is wearing a brand-new suit.
(c) He is missing a leg.
(d) He looks as if he had been ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosa engaged to at one point in her life?
2. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
3. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
4. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
5. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)