|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(b) They go to Holston House.
(c) They go to the theater.
(d) They go dancing.
2. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
(b) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
(c) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
(d) She hates Sutpen.
3. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) Mr. Akers.
(b) Mr. Coldfield.
(c) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
(d) General Compson.
4. Why does Sutpen choose the bride he does?
(a) She is the most beautiful woman in Jefferson.
(b) He meets her at church and falls in love with her immediately.
(c) Her father is one of the most respectable men in Jefferson.
(d) Her father is rich and Sutpen wanted a large dowry.
5. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
(b) She loses her house.
(c) Sutpen invites her.
(d) She needs someone to take care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
2. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
3. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
4. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
5. What military conflict has Miss Coldfield lived through?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)