Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the letter that is presented in Chapter 4 written with?
(d) Stove polish.
2. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In the swamp.
(b) In the Compson house.
(c) In Sutpen's house.
(d) In her father's store.
3. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
(a) She receives it by mail-order.
(b) She purchases it from her father's store.
(c) She steals it from her father's store.
(d) She receives it from Ellen.
4. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
(a) She needs food.
(b) She needs shelter.
(c) She is waiting for Sutpen to return.
(d) She wants to marry Sutpen when he returnes.
5. Who does Rosa marry?
(a) Mr. Compson.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Henry Sutpen.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
2. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
4. Why does Sutpen reject his last (youngest) child?
5. From whom does Sutpen purchase his land?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)