|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
(a) Charles Akers.
(b) Mr. Coldfield.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Wash Jones.
2. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
(a) How to keep a ledger.
(b) How to keep house and manage other domestic matters.
(c) How to read.
(d) How to make a wedding dress.
3. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Ellen Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Judith Sutpen.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
4. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(b) Mr. Coldfield's store.
(c) Holston House, the town inn.
(d) Sutpen's Hundred.
5. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
(b) She loses her house.
(c) Sutpen invites her.
(d) She needs someone to take care of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
2. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
3. Who notifies Rosa Coldfield of Charles' death?
4. To whom is Judith engaged?
5. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)