|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) General Compson and Quentin Compson.
(b) Rosa Coldfield and Quentin Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield and Jason Compson.
(d) Jason Compson and Quentin Compson.
2. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
(a) She needs someone to take care of her.
(b) Sutpen invites her.
(c) To fulfill her sister's dying wish of protecting her children by going to live with Judith.
(d) She loses her house.
3. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(b) No one in Jefferson knows.
(d) South Carolina.
4. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
(a) The town preacher.
(b) Ellen Coldfield.
(c) Quentin's father.
(d) Quentin's grandfather.
5. Where does Rosa live after leaving Sutpen's estate?
(a) In her father's store.
(b) The Compsons' house.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) Her father's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's rank in the army?
2. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
3. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
4. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
5. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)