|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after Sutpen comes to Jefferson, he demonstrates a talent that both impresses and intimidates the town. What is that talent?
(a) His shooting skills.
(b) His horse-taming skills.
(c) His ability to drink hard liquor.
(d) His ability to win at cards.
2. Where does Thomas Sutpen get the money to build his estate?
(a) A family inheritance.
(b) He had been a banker.
(c) He is a horse trader.
(d) No one knows.
3. Where is Charles Bon buried?
(a) In the Sutpen family plot.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) In New Orleans.
(d) Next to his wife.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Jason Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
2. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
3. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
4. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
5. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)