|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
(a) They hide in the woods near Sutpen's Hundred.
(b) They go to New Orleans.
(c) They go to Martinique.
(d) They leave Sutpen's Hundred to follow the Yankee army.
2. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
(c) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(d) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
3. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt elopes.
(b) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
(c) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(d) The aunt dies.
4. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
(a) She hates Sutpen.
(b) Most of Jefferson refuses to attend the wedding.
(c) Her father disapproves of the marriage.
(d) Her mother can not attend the wedding.
5. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) Holston House, the town inn.
(b) Mr. Coldfield's store.
(c) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(d) Sutpen's Hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Stupen's marriage take place?
2. In Chapter 2, which characters are talking about the story of Thomas Sutpen?
3. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
4. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
5. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)