|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does General Compson do on the day of Sutpen's wedding?
(a) He goes hunting.
(b) He throws dirt and vegetables at the newlyweds.
(c) He attends the ceremony with his wife.
(d) He protests the wedding and stays home.
2. To whom does Sutpen become engaged shortly after he is arrested?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) One of his slaves.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Mr. Akers' daughter.
3. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
(a) She is knitting Judith a sweater.
(b) She is writing out instructions on how to cook.
(c) She is making Judith's wedding dress.
(d) She is making undergarments for Judith's trousseau.
4. Who posts bond so Sutpen can be released from jail?
(a) The Methodist minister.
(b) Mr. Akers
(c) One of Sutpen's slaves.
(d) Mr. Coldfield and General Compson.
5. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They go to Holston House.
(b) They go to the theater.
(c) They go dancing.
(d) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
2. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
3. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
4. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
5. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)