|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
(a) On the streets of Jefferson.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) At Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) She never meets him.
2. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) He does not pay his taxes.
(b) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
(c) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
(d) He kills a man.
3. What happens when Stupen and his bride emerge from the church after their wedding service?
(a) Sutpen is arrested.
(b) They are presented with gifts from the townspeople.
(c) Angry townspeople throw dirt and rotten vegetables at them.
(d) They find that their carriage has been stolen.
4. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In Sutpen's house.
(b) In the swamp.
(c) In her father's store.
(d) In the Compson house.
5. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
(d) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thomas Sutpen comes to Jefferson, what does the town notice that is strange about his appearance?
2. What is the letter that is presented in Chapter 4 written with?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. In Chapter 4, the reason why Henry rejects his family and his birthright is revealed. What is that reason?
5. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)