|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Thomas Sutpen lived before he came to Jefferson?
(a) No one in Jefferson knows.
(c) South Carolina.
2. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
(a) Jason Compson.
(b) Thomas Sutpen.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Quentin Compson.
3. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Quentin Compson.
(c) Thomas Sutpen.
(d) Jason Compson.
4. What does Thomas Sutpen like to do in his barn for entertainment?
(a) Read books.
(b) Fight with his slaves.
(c) Make saddles.
5. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) His son dies.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) The preacher asks him to.
(d) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
2. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
3. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
4. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
5. What does Judith Sutpen witness as a child that her mother did not want her to see?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)