|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Ellen Sutpen and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) Ellen is Rosa's aunt.
2. Why does Thomas Sutpen stop attending church?
(a) His son dies.
(b) His wife is embarrassed about her clothes.
(c) He becomes ill.
(d) The preacher asks him to.
3. What is the relationship between Rosa Coldfield and Judith Sutpen?
(a) Judith is Rosa's best friend.
(b) Judith is Rosa's step-sister.
(c) Judith is Rosa's niece.
(d) Judith is Rosa's cousin.
4. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The Mississippi Senate.
(c) The Confederate Army.
(d) Jefferson's City Council.
5. In what state is Jefferson located?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Coldfield's association with Sutpen before the marriage?
2. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
3. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
4. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
5. What is the setting of Chapter 4?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)