|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
(a) Hunt, drink, play cards, and watch slaves fight for entertainment.
(b) Help him decorate the house.
(c) Watch dog fighting.
2. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
(a) Charles Bon.
(b) Wash Jones.
(c) Charles Akers.
(d) Mr. Coldfield.
3. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt dies.
(b) The aunt elopes.
(c) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
(d) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
4. Who lends Sutpen cotton seeds for his plantation?
(a) Mr. Akers.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Mr. Coldfield.
(d) Jefferson's hospitality committee.
5. Who is the first person Rosa encounters when she enters Sutpen's house after the murder?
(c) Charles Bon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ellen Sutpen at the time of Rosa's story?
2. What is Bon's rank in the army?
3. Who helps Thomas Sutpen when he comes to Jefferson in 1833?
4. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
5. Who says a prayer at Charles Bon's funeral?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)