|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present when Rosa got engaged?
(b) Wash Jones.
(c) Judith and Clytie.
2. Where does Supten live for the first few months of his residence in Jefferson?
(a) Holston House, the town inn.
(b) Mr. Coldfield's store.
(c) In a tent on the outskirts of town.
(d) Sutpen's Hundred.
3. Why does Sutpen get arrested?
(a) The town believes he stole his home furnishings.
(b) He does not pay his taxes.
(c) He cheats Ikkemotubbe out of his land.
(d) He kills a man.
4. Who builds Sutpen's house?
(a) Sutpen and his slaves.
(b) A group of soldiers.
(c) Jefferson laborers.
(d) The local construction company.
5. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
(a) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
2. How is Charles Bon killed?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. What is the letter that is presented in Chapter 4 written with?
5. After Sutpen's house is built but still unfurnished, what does Sutpen invite Jeffersonians out to Sutpen's Hundred to do?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)