|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
(a) She does not love Sutpen.
(b) She hates Clytie.
(c) She fights with Judith.
(d) Sutpen insults her.
2. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
(a) An interior designer.
(b) Luxurious furnishings for his house.
(c) Spanish gold.
(d) Another architect.
3. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
(a) The fact that Charles had written letters to Judith.
(b) The fact that Charles married his mistress.
(c) The fact that Charles was not of a known family.
(d) The fact that Charles lived in New Orleans.
4. What is Rosa Coldfield's father's occupation?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a merchant.
(c) He is a preacher.
(d) He is a tailor.
5. Who does Henry bring home from college for Christmas one year?
(a) His English professor.
(b) Charles Bon.
(c) Charles Akers.
(d) Quentin Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosa move to Sutpen's estate?
2. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
3. What does Rosa Coldfield's sister ask of Rosa before the sister dies?
4. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
5. Where does Rosa meet Charles Bon?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)