|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is Jefferson located?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) South Carolina.
2. What is Rosa preparing as a wedding gift for Judith?
(a) She is making undergarments for Judith's trousseau.
(b) She is knitting Judith a sweater.
(c) She is making Judith's wedding dress.
(d) She is writing out instructions on how to cook.
3. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
(a) General Lee's.
(b) Colonel Akers's.
(c) Colonel Sartoris's.
(d) General Compson's.
4. What does Jason Compson believe Henry found to be objectionable about Charles' past?
(a) The fact that Charles lived in New Orleans.
(b) The fact that Charles married his mistress.
(c) The fact that Charles had written letters to Judith.
(d) The fact that Charles was not of a known family.
5. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sutpen's estate has been built but left unfurnished for several years, he leaves Jefferson for a short period of time. What does he return with?
2. In what year does Thomas Sutpen arrive in Jefferson?
3. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
4. Why does Stupen's bride cry on her wedding day?
5. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)