|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
(a) New Orleans.
2. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
(a) She cries.
(b) She smiles.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She remains emotionless.
3. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
(a) Charles Bon.
(b) Mr. Coldfield.
(c) Wash Jones.
(d) Charles Akers.
4. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
(a) He discovers she has a child by another man.
(b) He hates her father.
(c) He discovers she is an adulteress.
(d) He discovers she is of mixed race.
5. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
(a) Fights for the North.
(b) Moves to New Orleans.
(c) Locks himself in his attic.
(d) Fights for the South.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
2. Why does Sutpen reject his last (youngest) child?
3. Where do Sutpen's slaves go when the war began?
4. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
5. When Thomas Sutpen goes to the front door of the plantation house when he is a boy, what happens?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)