|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Thomas Sutpen born?
(a) In the territory that is to become North Carolina.
(b) In the territory that is to become Louisiana.
(c) In the territory that is to become West Virginia.
(d) In the territory that is to become Mississippi.
2. Who makes Bon's coffin?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Henry Sutpen.
(d) Wash Jones.
3. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
(a) The aunt is arrested and jailed.
(b) The aunt elopes.
(c) The aunt dies.
(d) The aunt moves out to Sutpen's Hundred.
4. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
(a) Judith calls off the marriage.
(b) Henry has a fight with his father.
(c) Charles Bon has a fight with Sutpen.
(d) Ellen hasa fight with Thomas.
5. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wash Jones' granddaughter die?
2. What is Sutpen's occupation between the time he leaves his family and the time he arrives in Jefferson?
3. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
4. At the end of Chapter 5, who is imagining the scene that occurred when Henry told Judith of the murder?
5. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)