|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
(a) She cries.
(b) She remains emotionless.
(c) She smiles.
(d) She laughs.
2. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
(a) Bon's hat.
(b) A picture of herself that she had given Bon.
(c) A picture of Bon's wife and child.
(d) Bon's jacket.
3. How does Rosa survive after she leaves Sutpen's estate?
(a) She hunts.
(b) She steals food and relies on donations from the neighbors.
(c) She cultivates a garden.
(d) She lives off the food supplies left in her father's store.
4. Why does Sutpen reject his last (youngest) child?
(a) The child is diseased.
(b) The child is born out of wedlock.
(c) The child is a girl instead of a boy.
(d) The child is of mixed race.
5. What is the name of Thomas Sutpen's first child?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Henry Sutpen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sutpen's first wife?
2. Whose regiment does Thomas Sutpen join?
3. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
4. What organization is Sutpen asked to join, but which he declines to be a part of?
5. Who says a prayer at Charles Bon's funeral?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)