|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Jason Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
2. What are the names of Sutpen's two daughters?
(a) Judith and Cassandra.
(b) Judith and Clytie.
(c) Judith and Ellen.
(d) Judith and Rosa.
3. Who is telling the Sutpen story in Chapter 7?
(a) Rosa and Shreve.
(b) Quentin and Shreve.
(c) Quentin and Jason.
(d) Quentin and Rosa.
4. Who is Penelope?
(a) Sutpen's sister.
(b) Sutpen's daughter.
(c) Sutpen's mare, who bears a colt the same day Sutpen's last child is born.
(d) Sutpen's mother.
5. How does Wash Jones' granddaughter die?
(a) She dies in childbirth.
(b) Jones kills her.
(c) Sutpen kills her.
(d) She dies of yellow fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rosa live after leaving Sutpen's estate?
2. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
3. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
4. What does Mr. Coldfield do during the war?
5. Who is present when Rosa got engaged?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)