|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
(a) Thomas Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Jason Compson.
(d) Quentin Compson.
2. Who is present when Rosa got engaged?
(b) Wash Jones.
(c) Judith and Clytie.
3. When Thomas Sutpen goes to the front door of the plantation house when he is a boy, what happens?
(a) The slave butler tells Sutpen he is not allowed to use the front door and must go to the back of the house.
(b) The house servants laugh at Sutpen's clothes.
(c) The lady of the house takes him in and gave him a tour.
(d) The master of the house shows Sutpen his gun.
4. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
5. Where does Henry Sutpen attend college?
(a) University of Mississippi.
(b) University of South Carolina.
(c) University of New Orleans.
(d) State University at Oxford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is telling the Sutpen story in Chapter 7?
2. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
3. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
4. Who does Sutpen visit when he returns to Jefferson to place a tombstone on Ellen's grave?
5. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)