|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
(a) Locks it up.
(b) Sells it.
(c) Turns it into a church.
(d) Burns it.
2. When Thomas Sutpen goes to the front door of the plantation house when he is a boy, what happens?
(a) The lady of the house takes him in and gave him a tour.
(b) The slave butler tells Sutpen he is not allowed to use the front door and must go to the back of the house.
(c) The master of the house shows Sutpen his gun.
(d) The house servants laugh at Sutpen's clothes.
3. Who is present when Rosa got engaged?
(b) Wash Jones.
(c) Judith and Clytie.
4. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
(a) The devil.
(b) The idiot.
(c) The demon.
(d) The fighter.
5. Where is Thomas Sutpen born?
(a) In the territory that is to become West Virginia.
(b) In the territory that is to become Louisiana.
(c) In the territory that is to become North Carolina.
(d) In the territory that is to become Mississippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Shreve from?
2. Who does Sutpen visit when he returns to Jefferson to place a tombstone on Ellen's grave?
3. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
4. Why does Rosa leave Sutpen's estate in Chapter 5?
5. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)