|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Chapter 5?
(a) Quentin Compson.
(b) Jason Compson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) Thomas Sutpen.
2. Where does Mr. Coldfield die?
(a) In his parlor.
(b) In a battle.
(c) In his store.
(d) In his attic.
3. How does Quentin know about Thomas Sutpen's childhood?
(a) Rosa Coldfield tells Quentin about Sutpen's childhood.
(b) The Compsons possessed Thomas Sutpen's diary.
(c) Sutpen tells Quentin's grandfather, who tells Quentin's father, who tells Quentin.
(d) Sutpen's childhood is common knowledge in Jefferson.
4. To whom is Judith engaged?
(a) Thomas Compson.
(b) The Methodist minister.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Charles Akers.
5. How old is Rosa at the time of Bon's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry bring home from college for Christmas one year?
2. What do Henry and Charles Bon do during the war?
3. Who does Sutpen visit when he returns to Jefferson to place a tombstone on Ellen's grave?
4. What is Shreve's nickname for Thomas Sutpen?
5. Upon hearing that Judith is engaged, what does Rosa offer to teach Judith?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)