|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sutpen visit when he returns to Jefferson to place a tombstone on Ellen's grave?
(a) General Compson.
(b) Charles Bon.
(c) Rosa Coldfield.
(d) His first wife.
2. Who cries at Bon's funeral?
(a) No one.
(c) Judith and Rosa.
3. How does Quentin know about Thomas Sutpen's childhood?
(a) Sutpen tells Quentin's grandfather, who tells Quentin's father, who tells Quentin.
(b) Sutpen's childhood is common knowledge in Jefferson.
(c) Rosa Coldfield tells Quentin about Sutpen's childhood.
(d) The Compsons possessed Thomas Sutpen's diary.
4. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
(a) Turns it into a church.
(b) Locks it up.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Sells it.
5. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. After what major event does Rosa Coldfield move to Sutpen's estate?
2. In Chapter 3, who is the primary narrator of the Thomas Sutpen story?
3. How does Wash Jones' granddaughter die?
4. What is Charles Bon's religion?
5. Where is Shreve from?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)