|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Sutpen do during the war?
(a) Fights for the South.
(b) Moves to New Orleans.
(c) Locks himself in his attic.
(d) Fights for the North.
2. Why does Sutpen leave his first wife?
(a) He discovers she is an adulteress.
(b) He discovers she is of mixed race.
(c) He discovers she has a child by another man.
(d) He hates her father.
3. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In Sutpen's house.
(b) In her father's store.
(c) In the Compson house.
(d) In the swamp.
4. To whom is Judith engaged?
(a) Charles Bon.
(b) Thomas Compson.
(c) The Methodist minister.
(d) Charles Akers.
5. Who is Sutpen's first wife?
(a) Ellen Coldfield.
(b) A slave woman.
(c) The daughter of a French planter who lives in Haiti.
(d) Rosa Coldfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the visitor who Henry brings home for Christmas from?
2. Where does Rosa live after leaving Sutpen's estate?
3. How does Thomas Sutpen's last (youngest) child die?
4. What type of injury does General Compson incur in the war?
5. How old is Thomas Sutpen when he returns from the war?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)