|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the name of one of Sutpen's non-slave employees?
(a) Wash Jones.
(b) Mr. Coldfield.
(c) Charles Bon.
(d) Charles Akers.
2. Who is telling the Sutpen story in Chapter 7?
(a) Quentin and Rosa.
(b) Quentin and Jason.
(c) Rosa and Shreve.
(d) Quentin and Shreve.
3. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They go to the theater.
(b) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(c) They go to Holston House.
(d) They go dancing.
4. When Thomas Sutpen goes to the front door of the plantation house when he is a boy, what happens?
(a) The slave butler tells Sutpen he is not allowed to use the front door and must go to the back of the house.
(b) The lady of the house takes him in and gave him a tour.
(c) The master of the house shows Sutpen his gun.
(d) The house servants laugh at Sutpen's clothes.
5. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Locks it up.
(d) Turns it into a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rosa live after leaving Sutpen's estate?
2. What causes Henry and Charles Bon to abruptly leave Sutpen's estate one Christmas day?
3. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
4. What do Henry and Charles Bon do during the war?
5. What does Judith do when she tells Thomas Sutpen about what happened to Bon?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)