|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ellen and Judith do in Jefferson for entertainment?
(a) They go dancing.
(b) They goshopping and call on the ladies of the town.
(c) They go to the theater.
(d) They go to Holston House.
2. Who is present when Rosa got engaged?
(a) Wash Jones.
(d) Judith and Clytie.
3. At the close of Chapter 5, Rosa says there is something hidden somewhere. Where is it hidden?
(a) In Sutpen's house.
(b) In the Compson house.
(c) In her father's store.
(d) In the swamp.
4. How does Rosa acquire what she needs to make Judith's wedding gift?
(a) She receives it by mail-order.
(b) She purchases it from her father's store.
(c) She steals it from her father's store.
(d) She receives it from Ellen.
5. What is Judith holding in her hand the first time Rosa sees her after the murder?
(a) Bon's jacket.
(b) A picture of herself that she had given Bon.
(c) A picture of Bon's wife and child.
(d) Bon's hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Coldfield do with his store when the war breaks out?
2. What reason does Rosa give for staying at Sutpen's estate after Bon's death?
3. Where does Thomas Sutpen go when he leaves his family as a boy?
4. How old is Rosa when Ellen dies?
5. What happens to Rosa Coldfield's aunt when Rosa was ten?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)