1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. Why is Quentin Compson going to leave Jefferson in the fall?
(a) To enlist in the Civil War.
(b) To attend Harvard.
(c) To move to New Orleans.
(d) To get married.
3. In what state is Jefferson located?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) South Carolina.
4. What is the name of the woman who tells Quentin the story of Thomas Sutpen?
(a) Rosa Coldfield.
(b) Judith Sutpen.
(c) Ellen Sutpen.
(d) Ellen Coldfield.
5. What is the relationship between Quentin Compson and Rosa Coldfield?
(a) They are neighbors.
(b) She is his teacher.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) She is his step-sister.
6. Which three characters have speaking roles in Chapter 1?
(a) Thompas Sutpen, Quentin Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(b) Ellen Sutpen, Rosa Coldfield, and Quentin Compson.
(c) Quentin Compson, Mr. Compson, and Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Rosa Coldfield, Quentin Compson, and Mr. Compson.
7. Who does Thomas Sutpen marry?
(a) Judith Sutpen.
(b) Rosa Coldfield.
(c) Ellen Coldfield.
(d) Ellen Compson.
This section contains 4,506 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)