|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
2. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
3. What did Hackworth feel the politicians and generals did not know according to Chapter 19?
4. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
5. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
2. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
3. What happened as Joel was born?
4. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
5. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
6. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
7. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
8. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
9. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
10. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the tactical victory of the Tet Offensive with the psychological victory of Vietcong.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why the Army rotated commanding officers and how it impacted troops and efficiency among the commanding officers.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the reasons for being court martialed in the United States military.
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)