|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Hackworth spend in An Kle?
2. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
3. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
4. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
5. What was Hackworth assigned to after returning to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
2. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
3. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
4. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
5. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
6. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
7. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
8. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
9. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
10. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the methods of Colonel Young with the methods of David H. Hackworth, and examine the reasons for their disagreements.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why the Army rotated commanding officers and how it impacted troops and efficiency among the commanding officers.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how prisoners of war were treated during the Korean War.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)