|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
2. How long did Hackworth spend in An Kle?
3. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
4. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
5. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
2. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
3. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
4. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
5. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
6. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
7. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
8. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
9. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
10. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the history of enlistment in the United States military and determine whether Hackworth's case of underage enlistment was common.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bureaucratic procedure in the United States and analyze Hackworth's belief that the system prevents changes in training policy.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the reasons for being court martialed in the United States military.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)