|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
2. Where did Hackworth spend some R&R in 1966?
3. What academy did Hackworth create?
4. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
5. What did Hackworth say of the year 1966?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
2. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
3. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
4. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
5. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
6. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
7. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
8. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
9. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
10. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the reasons for being court martialed in the United States military.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons of the Cuban missile crisis and how the crisis was resolved.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)