|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Night Hunters?
2. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
3. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
4. What company was pinned down by the NVA in Chapter 15?
5. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
2. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
3. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
4. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
5. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
6. What happened as Joel was born?
7. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
8. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
9. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
10. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons of the Cuban missile crisis and how the crisis was resolved.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)