|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
2. Where was the special force camp Hackworth's new unit was supposed to relieve located at?
3. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
4. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
5. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
2. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
3. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
4. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
5. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
6. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
7. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
8. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
9. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
10. What happened as Joel was born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the United Nations in the Korean War.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons why the Korean War started, and how the issues between South and North Korea were resolved.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)