|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what task force was Hackworth involved in 1963?
2. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
3. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
4. How often were Commanding Officers rotated in Vietnam?
5. What was the first major engagement for Hackworth and his men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
2. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
3. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
4. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
5. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
6. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
7. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
8. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
9. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
10. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons of the Cuban missile crisis and how the crisis was resolved.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what advantages the North Koreans had over American troops during the Korean War.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)