|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
2. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
3. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
4. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
5. Who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban missile crisis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
2. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
3. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
4. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
5. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
6. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
7. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
8. What happened as Joel was born?
9. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
10. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bureaucratic procedure in the United States and analyze Hackworth's belief that the system prevents changes in training policy.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)