|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
2. What did Hackworth and Slam plan for May of 1968?
3. In what task force was Hackworth involved in 1963?
4. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
5. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
2. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
3. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
4. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
5. Who invited Hackworth to dinner according to Chapter 20?
6. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
7. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
8. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
9. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
10. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why the Korean War started, and how the issues between South and North Korea were resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the reasons for being court martialed in the United States military.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)