|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
2. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
3. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
4. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
5. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
2. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
3. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
4. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
5. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
6. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
7. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
8. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
9. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
10. What happened as Joel was born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of body count and the programs formulated by Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how prisoners of war were treated during the Korean War.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)