|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the special force camp Hackworth's new unit was supposed to relieve located at?
2. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
3. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
4. How often were Commanding Officers rotated in Vietnam?
5. What was emphasized as a measurement of success in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
2. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
3. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
4. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
5. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
6. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
7. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
8. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
9. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
10. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the battles like Operation Attleboro, Bien Hoa, and other locations and analyze whether Hackworth's conclusions about the battles are relevant.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)