|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
2. What was becoming known about the NVA?
3. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
4. What type of victory was the Vietcong according to Hackworth?
5. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
2. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
3. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
4. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
5. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
6. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
7. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
8. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
9. What happened as Joel was born?
10. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the history of enlistment in the United States military and determine whether Hackworth's case of underage enlistment was common.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the methods of Colonel Young with the methods of David H. Hackworth, and examine the reasons for their disagreements.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)