|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
2. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
3. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
4. When did Hackworth arrive in Vietnam?
5. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
2. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
3. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
4. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
5. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
6. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
7. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
8. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
9. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
10. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the battles like Operation Attleboro, Bien Hoa, and other locations and analyze whether Hackworth's conclusions about the battles are relevant.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)