|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
2. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
3. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
4. What did Hackworth say of the year 1966?
5. When did the Tet offensive take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
2. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
3. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
4. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
5. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
6. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
7. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
8. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
9. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
10. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine why the Army rotated commanding officers and how it impacted troops and efficiency among the commanding officers.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history of enlistment in the United States military and determine whether Hackworth's case of underage enlistment was common.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how prisoners of war were treated during the Korean War.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)