|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
2. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
3. Why was Hackworth dissatisfied with his commanding officer?
4. What type of victory was the Vietcong according to Hackworth?
5. What position did Hackworth occupy at the time of the Cuban missile crisis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
2. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
3. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
4. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
5. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
6. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
7. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
8. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
9. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
10. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what advantages the North Koreans had over American troops during the Korean War.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Eisenhower's view of the United States military spending with that of President Kennedy.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)