|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
2. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
3. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
4. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
5. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
2. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
3. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
4. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
5. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
6. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
7. Who invited Hackworth to dinner according to Chapter 20?
8. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
9. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
10. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons of the Cuban missile crisis and how the crisis was resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of the reductions in force under President Eisenhower.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history of enlistment in the United States military and determine whether Hackworth's case of underage enlistment was common.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)