|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
2. Why was Hackworth dissatisfied with his commanding officer?
3. When was Joel Hackworth born?
4. Who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban missile crisis?
5. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
2. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
3. What happened as Joel was born?
4. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
5. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
6. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
7. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
8. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
9. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
10. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what advantages the North Koreans had over American troops during the Korean War.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons of the Cuban missile crisis and how the crisis was resolved.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the battles like Operation Attleboro, Bien Hoa, and other locations and analyze whether Hackworth's conclusions about the battles are relevant.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)