|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what task force was Hackworth involved in 1963?
2. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
3. What was Hackworth responsible for in the Pentagon, according to Chapter 17?
4. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
5. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
2. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
3. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
4. Who invited Hackworth to dinner according to Chapter 20?
5. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
6. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
7. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
8. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
9. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
10. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the United Nations in the Korean War.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons of the Cuban missile crisis and how the crisis was resolved.
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)