|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth feel the politicians and generals did not know according to Chapter 19?
2. When did the Tet offensive take place?
3. What academy did Hackworth create?
4. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
5. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
2. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
3. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
4. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
5. What happened as Joel was born?
6. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
7. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
8. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
9. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
10. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why the Army rotated commanding officers and how it impacted troops and efficiency among the commanding officers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Eisenhower's view of the United States military spending with that of President Kennedy.
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)