|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the unit Hackworth was sent to Vietnam with in Chapter 14?
2. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
3. Who was Secretary of the Army in 1969?
4. What resulted in many casualties during the first major engagement of Hackworth's unit?
5. When did the Tet offensive take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
2. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
3. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
4. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
5. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
6. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
7. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
8. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
9. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
10. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the methods of Colonel Young with the methods of David H. Hackworth, and examine the reasons for their disagreements.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Did Hackworth's view on war and the approach to war change over time?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)