|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
2. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
3. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
4. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
5. Who was Secretary of the Army in 1969?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
2. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
3. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
4. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
5. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
6. What happened as Joel was born?
7. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
8. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
9. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
10. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what advantages the North Koreans had over American troops during the Korean War.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bureaucratic procedure in the United States and analyze Hackworth's belief that the system prevents changes in training policy.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)