|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff name the restructuration program of the Army?
2. Where did Hackworth spend some R&R in 1966?
3. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
4. When was Hackworth assigned as advisor to the Airborne Division?
5. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
2. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
3. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
4. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
5. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
6. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
7. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
8. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
9. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
10. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Hackworth's view on war and the approach to war change over time?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons of the Cuban missile crisis and how the crisis was resolved.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the significance of body count and the programs formulated by Hackworth.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)