|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
2. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
3. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
4. What type of victory was the Vietcong according to Hackworth?
5. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
2. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
3. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
4. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
5. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
6. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
7. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
8. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
9. What happened as Joel was born?
10. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how prisoners of war were treated during the Korean War.
Essay Topic 2
Did Hackworth's view on war and the approach to war change over time?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the United Nations in the Korean War.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)