|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students were in Hackworth's class?
2. Why did Hackworth refuse to leave the hill after being wounded?
3. Where did Hackworth's unit spend time every few months?
4. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
5. Where were the wounded transported after being treated at MASH?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth apply for after his interview in Chapter 23?
2. What were the United Nation forces focusing on in Chapter 5?
3. What did Hackworth want after two years in the Army, according to Chapter 5?
4. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
5. Who invited Hackworth to dinner according to Chapter 20?
6. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
7. What injury did Hackworth receive?
8. What happened to Hackworth according to Chapter 4?
9. What did Hackworth reveal about his enlisting in the Army in Chapter 2?
10. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the bureaucratic procedure in the United States and analyze Hackworth's belief that the system prevents changes in training policy.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of body count and the programs formulated by Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Eisenhower's view of the United States military spending with that of President Kennedy.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)