|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth decide he wanted to do?
2. What Battalion was Colonel Locke in charge of?
3. What was Hackworth's working on in Germany?
4. Where was Hackworth assigned to after his promotion?
5. Who was Hackworth reunited with at his new position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
2. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
3. What did General Meloy talk to Hackworth about?
4. What did Hackworth's unit begin doing?
5. When they moved to the Chorwan Valley, what was the unit told and what did it mean?
6. Who invited Hackworth to dinner according to Chapter 20?
7. How does Hackworth describe the training of the Wolfhound Raiders according to Chapter 6?
8. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
9. What did Hackworth do in Santa Monica according to Chapter 8?
10. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Eisenhower's view of the United States military spending with that of President Kennedy.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the tactical victory of the Tet Offensive with the psychological victory of Vietcong.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)