|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hackworth not able to finish his meal in Chapter 1?
2. Why did the tank in Chapter 1 not return fire when fired upon?
3. What did Hackworth's men start calling themselves?
4. What were Hackworth and his platoon required to ask permission of Lt.Gilchrist before using?
5. Where was F company stationed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hackworth earn the nickname Sackworth?
2. Who put Hackworth in charge of the unit and why?
3. When the tanks went to assist G Company, what did Hackworth find?
4. What role did Hackworth have in the Fox Company?
5. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
6. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
7. What did the Raiders accept according to Chapter 7?
8. When Hackworth came up for a new assignment, what did he decide?
9. What did Hackworth make known in Chapter 9?
10. What were the United Nation forces focusing on in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the battles like Operation Attleboro, Bien Hoa, and other locations and analyze whether Hackworth's conclusions about the battles are relevant.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)