|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
2. What name did Hackworth give his company?
3. What promotion did Hackworth receive before leaving Germany?
4. When was Seoul taken by North Korean soldiers?
5. Who did Hackworth marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Berlin divided?
2. When they moved to the Chorwan Valley, what was the unit told and what did it mean?
3. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
4. On what date does Chapter 1 open and what was happening?
5. What was Company D rated and why according to Chapter 12?
6. What injury did Hackworth receive?
7. What role did Hackworth have in the Fox Company?
8. What happened to Hackworth according to Chapter 4?
9. When Hackworth came up for a new assignment, what did he decide?
10. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of body count and the programs formulated by Hackworth.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bureaucratic procedure in the United States and analyze Hackworth's belief that the system prevents changes in training policy.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the reasons for being court martialed in the United States military.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)