|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men did Hackworth select for his new unit?
2. Why was Hackworth not able to finish his meal in Chapter 1?
3. What promotion did Hackworth receive before leaving Germany?
4. What hill were the Raiders asked to take in Chapter 7?
5. What did Hackworth decide he wanted to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth reveal about his enlisting in the Army in Chapter 2?
2. What happened on December 18?
3. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
4. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
5. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
6. Who did Hackworth have with him when he was in Saigon?
7. What did Hackworth decide to do with his life when in San Francisco, according to Chapter 10?
8. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
9. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
10. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
Essay Topic 1
Did Hackworth's view on war and the approach to war change over time?
Essay Topic 2
Examine why the Army rotated commanding officers and how it impacted troops and efficiency among the commanding officers.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history of enlistment in the United States military and determine whether Hackworth's case of underage enlistment was common.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)