|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became Hackworth's mentor according to Chapter 2?
2. When was Seoul taken by North Korean soldiers?
3. When was Hackworth's unit told they were going on reserve?
4. What did Hackworth's men start calling themselves?
5. What did Hackworth decide he wanted to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on December 18?
2. How does Hackworth describe the training of the Wolfhound Raiders according to Chapter 6?
3. What was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 11?
4. How did Hackworth earn the nickname Sackworth?
5. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
6. What did the Raiders accept according to Chapter 7?
7. What did Hackworth do in Santa Monica according to Chapter 8?
8. What did Hackworth want after two years in the Army, according to Chapter 5?
9. When they moved to the Chorwan Valley, what was the unit told and what did it mean?
10. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what advantages the North Koreans had over American troops during the Korean War.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history of enlistment in the United States military and determine whether Hackworth's case of underage enlistment was common.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons of the Cuban missile crisis and how the crisis was resolved.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)