|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hackworth's unit told they were going on reserve?
2. Who was the commanding officer of the Ranger unit that Third platoon joined?
3. What did Hackworth's men start calling themselves?
4. Where did Hackworth and the medic find more North Koreans soldiers before the North Korean counterattack?
5. What was Hackworth's working on in Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Hackworth according to Chapter 4?
2. What did Hackworth want after two years in the Army, according to Chapter 5?
3. What did Hackworth make known in Chapter 9?
4. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
5. What did Hackworth do in Santa Monica according to Chapter 8?
6. How was Berlin divided?
7. What did General Meloy talk to Hackworth about?
8. What were the United Nation forces focusing on in Chapter 5?
9. What did Hackworth realize when he killed a North Korean soldier?
10. What happened on December 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the United Nations in the Korean War.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Eisenhower's view of the United States military spending with that of President Kennedy.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)