|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hill where the North Korean were stationed called?
2. When did Hackworth reapply for the army?
3. Who was President during the Berlin crisis?
4. What did Joe Rice make safer?
5. Who was Colonel Locke replaced by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
2. How did Charlie Greer and Hack view their injuries?
3. What injury did Hackworth receive?
4. On what date does Chapter 1 open and what was happening?
5. When they moved to the Chorwan Valley, what was the unit told and what did it mean?
6. What were the United Nation forces focusing on in Chapter 5?
7. How was Berlin divided?
8. What did Hackworth's unit begin doing?
9. What did the Raiders accept according to Chapter 7?
10. When Hackworth reviewed the battle, what did he record?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the views of General Marshall with the views of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history of enlistment in the United States military and determine whether Hackworth's case of underage enlistment was common.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)