|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hackworth settle in and attend college?
2. What was Objective Jake Able?
3. What promotion did Hackworth receive before leaving Germany?
4. What was the unit Hackworth created called?
5. What nickname did Hackworth get while assigned to the Combat Support Company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth make known in Chapter 9?
2. What did Hackworth realize when he killed a North Korean soldier?
3. What did General Meloy talk to Hackworth about?
4. When Hackworth came up for a new assignment, what did he decide?
5. Who put Hackworth in charge of the unit and why?
6. What were the United Nation forces focusing on in Chapter 5?
7. How was Berlin divided?
8. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
9. What role did Hackworth have in the Fox Company?
10. What happened on December 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of the reductions in force under President Eisenhower.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the battles like Operation Attleboro, Bien Hoa, and other locations and analyze whether Hackworth's conclusions about the battles are relevant.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)