|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
2. What was the name of the company commander?
3. Who turned out to be a spy in Chapter 11?
4. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
5. When were the Raiders disbanded?
Short Essay Questions
1. When they moved to the Chorwan Valley, what was the unit told and what did it mean?
2. What did General Meloy talk to Hackworth about?
3. What did Hackworth decide to do with his life when in San Francisco, according to Chapter 10?
4. What did the Raiders accept according to Chapter 7?
5. On what date does Chapter 1 open and what was happening?
6. What did Hackworth make known in Chapter 9?
7. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
8. What happened on December 18?
9. When Hackworth came up for a new assignment, what did he decide?
10. What happened to Hackworth according to Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the battles like Operation Attleboro, Bien Hoa, and other locations and analyze whether Hackworth's conclusions about the battles are relevant.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Eisenhower's view of the United States military spending with that of President Kennedy.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the United Nations in the Korean War.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)