|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hackworth marry?
2. When was Hackworth's unit told they were going on reserve?
3. What Battalion was Colonel Locke in charge of?
4. Why did Hackworth and Colonel Young have a series of confrontations?
5. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth do in Santa Monica according to Chapter 8?
2. When Hackworth came up for a new assignment, what did he decide?
3. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
4. What did Hackworth decide to do with his life when in San Francisco, according to Chapter 10?
5. How did Hackworth earn the nickname Sackworth?
6. What did Hackworth want after two years in the Army, according to Chapter 5?
7. What was Company D rated and why according to Chapter 12?
8. How does Hackworth describe the training of the Wolfhound Raiders according to Chapter 6?
9. When Hackworth reviewed the battle, what did he record?
10. What injury did Hackworth receive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the views of General Marshall with the views of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of body count and the programs formulated by Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the reductions in force under President Eisenhower.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)