|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Objective Jake Able?
2. When did Hackworth reapply for the army?
3. Who announced to Hackworth and his men that they would have to reinforce Berlin?
4. When was Hackworth's unit told they were going on reserve?
5. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Raiders accept according to Chapter 7?
2. When Hackworth came up for a new assignment, what did he decide?
3. What did Hackworth realize when he killed a North Korean soldier?
4. Who put Hackworth in charge of the unit and why?
5. On what date does Chapter 1 open and what was happening?
6. How did Charlie Greer and Hack view their injuries?
7. What were the United Nation forces focusing on in Chapter 5?
8. What happened on December 18?
9. What was Company D rated and why according to Chapter 12?
10. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hackworth's statements that there is no point in taking an objective that you have no intention of holding.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of body count and the programs formulated by Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Did Hackworth's view on war and the approach to war change over time?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)