|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
2. What officer's club did Hackworth say he got drunk at?
3. When did the United Nations armies cross the 38th parallel?
4. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
5. When did Hackworth return to his unit in Korea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth want after two years in the Army, according to Chapter 5?
2. What did Hackworth's unit begin doing?
3. What was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 11?
4. What happened to Hackworth according to Chapter 4?
5. How did Charlie Greer and Hack view their injuries?
6. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
7. When Hackworth reviewed the battle, what did he record?
8. How did Hackworth earn the nickname Sackworth?
9. What did Hackworth do in Santa Monica according to Chapter 8?
10. What did Hackworth realize when he killed a North Korean soldier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Hackworth's view on war and the approach to war change over time?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history of enlistment in the United States military and determine whether Hackworth's case of underage enlistment was common.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons of the Cuban missile crisis and how the crisis was resolved.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)