|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hackworth transferred to the battle group Combat Support Company?
2. Where did Hackworth and the medic find more North Koreans soldiers before the North Korean counterattack?
3. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
4. What did Hackworth teach?
5. Where did Hackworth receive air defense training?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who put Hackworth in charge of the unit and why?
2. How does Hackworth describe the training of the Wolfhound Raiders according to Chapter 6?
3. What did General Meloy talk to Hackworth about?
4. What were the United Nation forces focusing on in Chapter 5?
5. What did Hackworth reveal about his enlisting in the Army in Chapter 2?
6. On what date does Chapter 1 open and what was happening?
7. When Hackworth reviewed the battle, what did he record?
8. What did Hackworth want after two years in the Army, according to Chapter 5?
9. What did Hackworth do in Santa Monica according to Chapter 8?
10. What injury did Hackworth receive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Hackworth's view on war and the approach to war change over time?
Essay Topic 2
Examine how prisoners of war were treated during the Korean War.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the reasons for being court martialed in the United States military.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)