|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hill where the North Korean were stationed called?
2. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
3. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
4. What was Company D rated according to Chapter 12?
5. What did Easy company spend their time in reserve doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury did Hackworth receive?
2. What did General Meloy talk to Hackworth about?
3. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
4. What was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 11?
5. How did Charlie Greer and Hack view their injuries?
6. When the tanks went to assist G Company, what did Hackworth find?
7. Who put Hackworth in charge of the unit and why?
8. What did the Raiders accept according to Chapter 7?
9. How was Berlin divided?
10. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of body count and the programs formulated by Hackworth.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the bureaucratic procedure in the United States and analyze Hackworth's belief that the system prevents changes in training policy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the battles like Operation Attleboro, Bien Hoa, and other locations and analyze whether Hackworth's conclusions about the battles are relevant.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)