|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth's men start calling themselves?
2. Who was President during the Berlin crisis?
3. Where was Hackworth wounded, according to Chapter 7?
4. How many students were in Hackworth's class?
5. Where did Hackworth and the medic find more North Koreans soldiers before the North Korean counterattack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth reveal about his enlisting in the Army in Chapter 2?
2. What was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 11?
3. What were the United Nation forces focusing on in Chapter 5?
4. When Hackworth came up for a new assignment, what did he decide?
5. What injury did Hackworth receive?
6. What did Hackworth's unit begin doing?
7. What did Hackworth do in Santa Monica according to Chapter 8?
8. What did Hackworth decide to do with his life when in San Francisco, according to Chapter 10?
9. How was Berlin divided?
10. What happened to Hackworth according to Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Eisenhower's view of the United States military spending with that of President Kennedy.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how prisoners of war were treated during the Korean War.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the tactical victory of the Tet Offensive with the psychological victory of Vietcong.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)