|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Battalion was Colonel Locke in charge of?
2. What regiment was Hackworth assigned to upon arriving in Korea in Chapter 4?
3. Who was President during the Berlin crisis?
4. Who was the commanding officer of the Ranger unit that Third platoon joined?
5. About what did Hackworth and his men learn thanks to North Korean soldiers they took prisoner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the United Nation forces focusing on in Chapter 5?
2. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
3. On what date does Chapter 1 open and what was happening?
4. When the tanks went to assist G Company, what did Hackworth find?
5. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
6. What did General Meloy talk to Hackworth about?
7. When Hackworth reviewed the battle, what did he record?
8. How does Hackworth describe the training of the Wolfhound Raiders according to Chapter 6?
9. What happened on December 18?
10. How did Hackworth earn the nickname Sackworth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the United Nations in the Korean War.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the views of General Marshall with the views of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Examine why the Army rotated commanding officers and how it impacted troops and efficiency among the commanding officers.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)