|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hackworth marry?
2. Why did Hackworth and Colonel Young have a series of confrontations?
3. Who commanded the tanks that came to assist G company?
4. Why did the tank in Chapter 1 not return fire when fired upon?
5. How many men did Hackworth select for his new unit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hackworth earn the nickname Sackworth?
2. What did Hackworth reveal about his enlisting in the Army in Chapter 2?
3. What role did Hackworth have in the Fox Company?
4. What did Hackworth realize when he killed a North Korean soldier?
5. When the tanks went to assist G Company, what did Hackworth find?
6. What did Hackworth's unit begin doing?
7. When they moved to the Chorwan Valley, what was the unit told and what did it mean?
8. What did the Raiders accept according to Chapter 7?
9. What did Hackworth make known in Chapter 9?
10. What did Hackworth decide to do with his life when in San Francisco, according to Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the views of General Marshall with the views of David H. Hackworth.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of the reductions in force under President Eisenhower.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)