|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Hackworth take while attending college?
2. What name did Hackworth give his company?
3. Who became Hackworth's mentor according to Chapter 2?
4. Where did Hackworth and the medic find more North Koreans soldiers before the North Korean counterattack?
5. When did Easy company join the United Nations in a joint operation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Hackworth according to Chapter 4?
2. How did Charlie Greer and Hack view their injuries?
3. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
4. Who put Hackworth in charge of the unit and why?
5. What did Hackworth decide to do with his life when in San Francisco, according to Chapter 10?
6. What was Company D rated and why according to Chapter 12?
7. On what date does Chapter 1 open and what was happening?
8. When they moved to the Chorwan Valley, what was the unit told and what did it mean?
9. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
10. What role did Hackworth have in the Fox Company?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the tactical victory of the Tet Offensive with the psychological victory of Vietcong.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Eisenhower's view of the United States military spending with that of President Kennedy.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the actions of Colonel Hanh to the actions of David H. Hackworth.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)