|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Colonel Locke replaced by?
2. What did Hackworth teach?
3. When was Seoul taken by North Korean soldiers?
4. What was Hackworth's working on in Germany?
5. What hospital was Hackworth transferred to after his head injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who invited Hackworth to dinner according to Chapter 20?
2. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
3. What was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 11?
4. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
5. Who put Hackworth in charge of the unit and why?
6. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
7. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
8. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
9. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
10. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of body count and the programs formulated by Hackworth.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history of enlistment in the United States military and determine whether Hackworth's case of underage enlistment was common.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Eisenhower's view of the United States military spending with that of President Kennedy.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)