|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What platoon was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 1?
2. What was Objective Jake Able?
3. What did Hackworth let his hierarchy know?
4. Whose minefield did Hackworth talk about negotiating in Chapter 5?
5. During what operation did Hackworth become the assistant to the platoon sergeant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Hackworth according to Chapter 4?
2. What did Hackworth reveal about his enlisting in the Army in Chapter 2?
3. How was Berlin divided?
4. How did Hackworth earn the nickname Sackworth?
5. When they moved to the Chorwan Valley, what was the unit told and what did it mean?
6. How did Charlie Greer and Hack view their injuries?
7. What injury did Hackworth receive?
8. On what date does Chapter 1 open and what was happening?
9. What did Hackworth's unit begin doing?
10. What role did Hackworth have in the Fox Company?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what advantages the North Koreans had over American troops during the Korean War.
Essay Topic 2
Examine why the Army rotated commanding officers and how it impacted troops and efficiency among the commanding officers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the tactical victory of the Tet Offensive with the psychological victory of Vietcong.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)