|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hackworth's recommendation to the Secretary of the Army?
(a) More competent advisors.
(b) To invade Cambodia and Laos.
(c) To get more planes.
(d) To stop training the South Vietnam Army.
2. What resulted in many casualties during the first major engagement of Hackworth's unit?
(b) Suicide bombings.
(d) Artillery barrages.
3. Who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Ira G. Krogger.
(b) Maxwell D. Taylor.
(c) Jack B. Markus.
(d) John A. Steven.
4. What position did Hackworth accept when returning to Vietnam?
(a) Aid to General MacPherson.
(b) Aid to Ambassador Maxwell.
(c) Aid of General Marshall.
(d) Aid to General Appleworth.
5. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
(a) Colonel Tu.
(b) Colonel Tang.
(c) Colonel Zi.
(d) Colonel Hanh.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
2. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
3. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
4. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
5. Who was in command of Hackworth's brigade in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
2. What happened as Joel was born?
3. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
4. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
5. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
6. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
7. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
8. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
9. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
10. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)