|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
(a) Hong Kong.
2. Who was Secretary of the Army in 1969?
(a) John Soppeman.
(b) Jack Kubrick.
(c) Stanley Resor.
(d) Timothy Maxwell.
3. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
(a) That the United States was winning the war.
(b) That the United States needed more tanks.
(c) That the United States was losing the war.
(d) That the United States needed more bombers.
4. What irritated Hackworth in Vietnam?
(a) Paperwork because of equipment being field tested.
(b) Command incompetence.
(c) Reporting to General Maxwell.
(d) Cooperating with the South Vietnam army.
5. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
(a) Andrea Marcell.
(b) Martha Wi.
(c) Sphie Martin.
(d) Jenny Bates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of Hackworth's new commanding officer?
2. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
3. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
4. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
5. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
2. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
3. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
4. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
5. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
6. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
7. What happened as Joel was born?
8. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
9. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
10. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)