|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hackworth assigned to after returning to the U.S.?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Directorate of Individual Training.
(c) The Army School at Fort Garter.
(d) The 27th division.
2. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
(a) Colonel Hanh.
(b) Colonel Tu.
(c) Colonel Tang.
(d) Colonel Zi.
3. What academy did Hackworth create?
(a) The Booby-Trap Avoidance Academy.
(b) The Ambush Academy.
(c) The Sport Academy.
(d) The Long Range Shooting Academy.
4. What position did Hackworth accept when returning to Vietnam?
(a) Aid to General Appleworth.
(b) Aid to General MacPherson.
(c) Aid of General Marshall.
(d) Aid to Ambassador Maxwell.
5. Who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Ira G. Krogger.
(b) Maxwell D. Taylor.
(c) Jack B. Markus.
(d) John A. Steven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
2. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
3. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
4. Where was the special force camp Hackworth's new unit was supposed to relieve located at?
5. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
2. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
3. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
4. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
5. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
6. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
7. What happened as Joel was born?
8. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
9. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
10. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)