|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was killed during the operation in Chapter 15?
(a) Jim Gardiner.
(b) Jack Greer.
(c) Mark Stevens.
(d) John Watson.
2. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
(a) Northern Yi Province.
(b) East of the Yang river.
(c) Western Dinh Province.
(d) Southern Wang Province.
3. Where did Hackworth tell his wife to go during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) To a cabin in the mountains.
(b) To Mexico.
(c) To a house near the sea.
(d) To Canada.
4. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
(a) 4 Stars Generals.
(b) 3 Stars Generals.
(c) 2 Stars Generals.
(d) 1 Star Generals.
5. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
(a) At dusk.
(b) At dawn.
(c) At noon.
(d) During the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
2. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
3. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
4. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
5. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
2. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
3. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
4. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
5. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
6. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
7. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
8. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
9. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
10. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)