|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
(a) General McPherson.
(b) General Westmoreland.
(c) General Maxwell.
(d) General Smith.
2. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
(a) LONG STRIKE III
(b) SWIFT STRIKE III
(c) SWIFT STRIKE IV
(d) SWIFT RETALIATION III
3. What did Hackworth think of the Vietnam War after touring the country?
(a) It was impossible to predict.
(b) It was all but won.
(c) The U.S. was losing the war.
(d) The U.S. could win with more troops.
4. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
(a) The Chief of Staff.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) General Westmoreland.
(d) General Watson.
5. What volunteer force joined Hackworth's unit?
(a) The Cheetah force.
(b) The Lion force.
(c) The Tiger force.
(d) The HammerClaw force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What academy did Hackworth create?
2. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
3. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
4. What resulted in Hackworth's work with the Rangers?
5. What was Hackworth assigned to after returning to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
2. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
3. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
4. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
5. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
6. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
7. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
8. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
9. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
10. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)