|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often were Commanding Officers rotated in Vietnam?
(a) Every 12 months.
(b) Every 5 months.
(c) Every 6 months.
(d) Every 3 months.
2. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Claw.
(b) Operation Pounder.
(c) Operation Hammer.
(d) Operation Attleboro.
3. What did the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff name the restructuration program of the Army?
4. What was emphasized as a measurement of success in Vietnam?
(a) Number of men lost.
(b) Number of missions done.
(c) Body count.
(d) Number of air sorties.
5. What irritated Hackworth in Vietnam?
(a) Cooperating with the South Vietnam army.
(b) Command incompetence.
(c) Paperwork because of equipment being field tested.
(d) Reporting to General Maxwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was becoming known about the NVA?
2. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
3. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
4. What volunteer force joined Hackworth's unit?
5. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
2. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
3. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
4. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
5. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
6. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
7. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
8. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
9. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
10. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)