|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hackworth assigned to after returning to the U.S.?
(a) The Army School at Fort Garter.
(b) The White House.
(c) The 27th division.
(d) The Directorate of Individual Training.
2. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
(a) Western Dinh Province.
(b) Southern Wang Province.
(c) Northern Yi Province.
(d) East of the Yang river.
3. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1964.
(b) August 1969.
(c) August 1962.
(d) August 1965.
4. When was Hackworth assigned as advisor to the Airborne Division?
(a) November 1970.
(b) November 1971.
(c) November 1969.
(d) November 1968.
5. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
(a) Colonel Tang.
(b) Colonel Hanh.
(c) Colonel Tu.
(d) Colonel Zi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Hackworth spend in An Kle?
2. Where was Hackworth assigned after his tour in Vietnam?
3. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
4. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
5. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
2. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
3. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
4. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
5. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
6. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
7. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
8. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
9. Who invited Hackworth to dinner according to Chapter 20?
10. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)