|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Secretary of the Army in 1969?
(a) John Soppeman.
(b) Stanley Resor.
(c) Jack Kubrick.
(d) Timothy Maxwell.
2. Why was Hackworth dissatisfied with his commanding officer?
(a) The body count only policy put in men in danger needlessly.
(b) He was from Harvard and Hackworth was from Yale.
(c) He considered him incompetent.
(d) He issued orders directly to Hackworth men, bypassing him.
3. Who was killed during the operation in Chapter 15?
(a) Mark Stevens.
(b) John Watson.
(c) Jim Gardiner.
(d) Jack Greer.
4. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1965.
(b) August 1964.
(c) August 1962.
(d) August 1969.
5. Who was in command of Hackworth's brigade in Vietnam?
(a) Colonel Smith.
(b) Colonel Hunt.
(c) Colonel MacAlister.
(d) Colonel Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hackworth responsible for in the Pentagon, according to Chapter 17?
2. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
3. What unit did Hackworth take command of in 1966?
4. Where did Hackworth go after An Kle?
5. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
2. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
3. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
4. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
5. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
6. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
7. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
8. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
9. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
10. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)