|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
(a) The high plateau of center Vietnam.
(b) The streets of Hanoi.
(c) The Northern Jungles.
(d) The Mekong Delta.
2. Where was Hackworth assigned after his tour in Vietnam?
(b) The Pentagon Office of Personnel.
(c) Saigon General Command.
(d) Berlin NATO headquarters.
3. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
(a) Northern Yi Province.
(b) East of the Yang river.
(c) Western Dinh Province.
(d) Southern Wang Province.
4. How long did Hackworth spend in An Kle?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
5. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
(a) General Zais.
(b) General Snown.
(c) General MacMillan.
(d) General Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
2. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
3. When was Hackworth assigned as advisor to the Airborne Division?
4. When did Hackworth arrive in Vietnam?
5. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
2. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
3. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
4. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
5. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
6. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
7. What happened as Joel was born?
8. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
9. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
10. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)