|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
(a) That the United States needed more tanks.
(b) That the United States was winning the war.
(c) That the United States was losing the war.
(d) That the United States needed more bombers.
2. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
(a) The Thanksgiving offensive.
(b) The WyDong Offensive.
(c) Operation Hammer.
(d) The Tet Offensive.
3. Where did Hackworth go after An Kle?
(a) Gi Han.
(b) Di An.
(c) Twi Phu.
(d) Wi Bi.
4. What resulted in Hackworth's work with the Rangers?
(a) Increased enrollment.
(b) Avoided training injuries.
(c) Made an effective force out of them.
(d) Made them equals to the SEALs.
5. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
(a) Captain Bluwater and Hash.
(b) Captains Murphy and Emerson.
(c) Captains Johnson and Murphy.
(d) Captains Markus and Steven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
2. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
3. How long did Hackworth spend in An Kle?
4. What was the nickname of Hackworth's new commanding officer?
5. When was John Hayes assigned to command Hackworth's Brigade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
2. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
3. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
4. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
5. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
6. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
7. Who invited Hackworth to dinner according to Chapter 20?
8. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
9. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
10. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)