|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hackworth spend some R&R in 1966?
(c) Hong Kong.
2. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
(a) 1 Star Generals.
(b) 2 Stars Generals.
(c) 4 Stars Generals.
(d) 3 Stars Generals.
3. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
(a) At noon.
(b) During the night.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At dusk.
4. What company was pinned down by the NVA in Chapter 15?
(a) C company.
(b) F company.
(c) D company.
(d) A company.
5. What did Hackworth think of the Vietnam War after touring the country?
(a) The U.S. was losing the war.
(b) It was impossible to predict.
(c) It was all but won.
(d) The U.S. could win with more troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
2. What was Hackworth assigned to after returning to the U.S.?
3. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
4. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
5. What was the name of the unit Hackworth was sent to Vietnam with in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
2. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
3. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
4. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
5. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
6. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
7. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
8. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
9. What is Chapter 22 a transcript of?
10. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)