|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
(d) Hong Kong.
2. When did the Tet offensive take place?
3. What was the nickname of Hackworth's new commanding officer?
(a) The Man.
(d) Easy Marsh.
4. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
(a) That he wanted to stay in the army as long as possible.
(b) That his marriage with Patty was over.
(c) That he wanted to teach.
(d) That he wanted to resign his commission.
5. What did Hackworth say of the year 1966?
(a) The year he made an enemy of General Johnson.
(b) The year he lost his stars.
(c) The worst year of his career.
(d) It was the year he established himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
2. What did Hackworth want to do after his first tour of duty in Vietnam ended in Chapter 16?
3. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
4. What unit did Hackworth take command of in 1966?
5. What position did Hackworth accept when returning to Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
2. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
3. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
4. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
5. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
6. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
7. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
8. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
9. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
10. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)