|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
(b) Hong Kong.
2. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
(a) Captains Johnson and Murphy.
(b) Captains Markus and Steven.
(c) Captains Murphy and Emerson.
(d) Captain Bluwater and Hash.
3. When did Hackworth arrive in Vietnam?
(a) July 1967.
(b) July 1968.
(c) July 1965.
(d) July 1966.
4. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
(a) He was afraid of poor care.
(b) He wanted to stay with his mistress.
(c) He wanted to write the mission reports himself.
(d) He would have lost his command.
5. When did the Tet offensive take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hackworth assigned as advisor to the Airborne Division?
2. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
3. What was becoming known about the NVA?
4. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
5. In what task force was Hackworth involved in 1963?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
2. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
3. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
4. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
5. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
6. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
7. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
8. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
9. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
10. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)