|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Claw.
(b) Operation Pounder.
(c) Operation Attleboro.
(d) Operation Hammer.
2. What was Hackworth's recommendation to the Secretary of the Army?
(a) To invade Cambodia and Laos.
(b) To stop training the South Vietnam Army.
(c) More competent advisors.
(d) To get more planes.
3. What was becoming known about the NVA?
(a) They were supported by China.
(b) They had better weapons.
(c) They used Mig planes.
(d) They were operating out of Cambodia.
4. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
(a) Western Dinh Province.
(b) Northern Yi Province.
(c) Southern Wang Province.
(d) East of the Yang river.
5. How often were Commanding Officers rotated in Vietnam?
(a) Every 3 months.
(b) Every 5 months.
(c) Every 12 months.
(d) Every 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
2. Who was in command of Hackworth's brigade in Vietnam?
3. Who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban missile crisis?
4. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
5. What position did Hackworth accept when returning to Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Army make arrangements for Hackworth to do in Chapter 13?
2. What did Hackworth formulate to achieve the same high body count as Hunt?
3. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
4. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
5. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
6. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
7. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
8. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
9. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
10. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)