|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) West Point.
(b) The War College.
(c) Infantry Career Course.
(d) Community College.
2. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
(a) Fighting on small islands.
(b) Fighting with nuclear weapons.
(c) Toward the European battlefield.
(d) Fighting low level terrorists.
3. What was Hackworth responsible for in the Pentagon, according to Chapter 17?
(a) The Army detail protecting Washington, D.C.
(b) The Army service schools in the U.S.
(c) The Army weapons contract payments.
(d) The Army supply going to Vietnam.
4. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
(a) That his marriage with Patty was over.
(b) That he wanted to teach.
(c) That he wanted to stay in the army as long as possible.
(d) That he wanted to resign his commission.
5. What resulted in Hackworth's work with the Rangers?
(a) Increased enrollment.
(b) Made them equals to the SEALs.
(c) Made an effective force out of them.
(d) Avoided training injuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
2. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
3. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
4. In what task force was Hackworth involved in 1963?
5. Where was Hackworth assigned after his tour in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
2. What did Hackworth believe prevented necessary changes in training policy?
3. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
4. What happened as Joel was born?
5. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
6. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
7. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
8. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
9. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
10. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)