|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Tet offensive take place?
2. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
(a) General Smith.
(b) General Westmoreland.
(c) General McPherson.
(d) General Maxwell.
3. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
(a) Colonel Tu.
(b) Colonel Tang.
(c) Colonel Hanh.
(d) Colonel Zi.
4. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
(a) The Hackworth Rangers.
(b) The 27th Regiment.
(c) The Second Army.
(d) The Screaming Eagles.
5. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Ira Weng.
(c) Markus Stubber.
(d) Maxwell D. Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what task force was Hackworth involved in 1963?
2. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
3. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
4. What position did Hackworth occupy at the time of the Cuban missile crisis?
5. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
2. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
3. What did Hackworth do as a G-4 Operations Officer?
4. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
5. What happened as Joel was born?
6. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
7. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
8. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
9. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
10. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)