|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
(a) The Vietcong knew of Operation Hammer in advance.
(b) The Vietcong knew of Operation Gibraltar in advance.
(c) The Vietcong knew of Operation Bertha in advance.
(d) The Vietcong knew of Operation Shield in advance.
2. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
(a) Hong Kong.
3. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
(a) My Phu.
(b) My Ti.
(c) Hang Wan.
(d) He Phu.
4. Where was Hackworth offered a position in 1968?
(a) Fort Benning.
(b) Fort Mach.
(c) Fort Lewis.
(d) Fort Washington.
5. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
(a) The popular victory.
(b) The media victory.
(c) The psychological victory.
(d) The tactical victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
2. Who was Secretary of the Army in 1969?
3. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
4. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
5. Where did Hackworth spend some R&R in 1966?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
2. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
3. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
4. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
5. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
6. What two events marked the needed tactical and psychological victory in Vietnam?
7. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
8. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
9. What job did Hackworth want at the beginning of Chapter 16 and what was his assignment?
10. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)