|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hackworth tell his wife to go during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) To a cabin in the mountains.
(b) To Canada.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To a house near the sea.
2. What unit did Hackworth take command of in 1966?
(a) The 7/237.
(b) The 1/27.
(c) The 2/198.
(d) The 1/237.
3. What did Hackworth want to do after his first tour of duty in Vietnam ended in Chapter 16?
(b) Transfer to Florida.
(c) Return to Vietnam.
(d) Teach at the Infantry School in Fort Benning.
4. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
(a) Hardcore and Recondo.
(b) Fighting tigers.
(c) Killing Machine.
(d) Crouching Dragons.
5. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Infantry Career Course.
(b) The War College.
(c) West Point.
(d) Community College.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
2. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
3. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
4. What was Hackworth's recommendation to the Secretary of the Army?
5. What type of victory was the Vietcong according to Hackworth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth say about working at the Pentagon according to Chapter 17?
2. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
3. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
4. What did Hackworth feel the United States was doing?
5. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
6. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
7. What irritated Hackworth about the new equipment?
8. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
9. Who was visiting Los Angeles, according to Chapter 13, and what happened during the visit?
10. What did they discover during the review of Operation Attleboro?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)