|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
(a) He was sent to Vietnam to train new recruit.
(b) He was sent to be the aid of the Chief of Staff of the President.
(c) He was sent to the Army's Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth.
(d) He was sent to the Army War College in New Hampshire.
2. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
(a) In Japan.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In the U.S.
(d) In Saigon.
3. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
(a) Hardcore and Recondo.
(b) Fighting tigers.
(c) Killing Machine.
(d) Crouching Dragons.
4. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
(a) Maxwell D. Taylor.
(b) Markus Stubber.
(c) Ira Weng.
(d) John Smith.
5. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
(a) G-3 adviser to General Timothy.
(b) G-7 adviser to General Timothy.
(c) G-4 adviser to General Timothy.
(d) G-2 adviser to General Timothy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
2. What was Hackworth assigned to after returning to the U.S.?
3. Why was Hackworth dissatisfied with his commanding officer?
4. When did Hackworth arrive in Vietnam?
5. When was Joel Hackworth born?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did the Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade arrive in Vietnam according to Chapter 14 and who greeted them?
2. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
3. When Hackworth reported to Fort Lewis in Chapter 18, what did he find?
4. Who invited Hackworth to dinner according to Chapter 20?
5. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
6. What was the first thing Hackworth learned about Vietnam?
7. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
8. What does Hackworth say about himself and the year 1966 according to Chapter 15?
9. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
10. What did Hackworth believe about politicians and generals, according to Chapter 19?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)