|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hackworth want to do after his first tour of duty in Vietnam ended in Chapter 16?
(a) Transfer to Florida.
(b) Return to Vietnam.
(d) Teach at the Infantry School in Fort Benning.
2. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) West Point.
(b) The War College.
(c) Infantry Career Course.
(d) Community College.
3. What did Hackworth say of the year 1966?
(a) The year he made an enemy of General Johnson.
(b) The worst year of his career.
(c) The year he lost his stars.
(d) It was the year he established himself.
4. What did Hackworth and Slam plan for May of 1968?
(a) A tour of training bases in the U.S.
(b) A tour of Vietnam.
(c) A tour of Germany.
(d) A tour of the Pentagon.
5. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
(a) Captains Markus and Steven.
(b) Captains Johnson and Murphy.
(c) Captain Bluwater and Hash.
(d) Captains Murphy and Emerson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What resulted in many casualties during the first major engagement of Hackworth's unit?
2. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
3. Where did Hackworth go after An Kle?
4. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
5. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hackworth called to brief and what did Hackworth receive?
2. What did the men under Hackworth's command do at first?
3. Who invited Hackworth to dinner according to Chapter 20?
4. What was Hackworth allowed after he recovered?
5. What did Hackworth establish in Vietnam with General Marshall?
6. Why was Hackworth hospitalized during the Battle of La Drang Valley?
7. How did Colonel Hanh act according to Chapter 21?
8. How did Hackworth plan accurately when he was given the command of the 1/327?
9. What did Hackworth say of his experience with the NVA troops?
10. Who did Hackworth meet when he was on R&R?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)