|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to visit Hackworth on the front?
(a) Gail Herart.
(b) Fred Crispino.
(c) Jack Markus.
(d) Mark Stevens.
2. What was waning as Hackworth became an officer?
(a) The South Korean fall stand off.
(b) The Chinese Spring Offensive.
(c) The American Winter retreat.
(d) The North Korean Summer Offensive.
3. What was the hill where the North Korean were stationed called?
(a) Hamburger Hill.
(b) The Small Hill.
(c) Hill Wang.
(d) The No Name Hill.
4. Why did Hackworth and Colonel Young have a series of confrontations?
(a) Hackworth's constant training.
(b) Hackworth's refusal to follow orders.
(c) Hackworth's unorthodox methods.
(d) Hackworth's lack of control of his men.
5. Where was Hackworth assigned to after his promotion?
(a) Bravo Company.
(b) Able Company.
(c) Dog Company.
(d) Easy Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the company commander?
2. When did Hackworth return to his unit in Korea?
3. Who was Colonel Locke replaced by?
4. What were Hackworth and his platoon required to ask permission of Lt.Gilchrist before using?
5. What did Easy company spend their time in reserve doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth want after two years in the Army, according to Chapter 5?
2. How does Hackworth describe the training of the Wolfhound Raiders according to Chapter 6?
3. What did Hackworth reveal about his enlisting in the Army in Chapter 2?
4. What was Company D rated and why according to Chapter 12?
5. What was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 11?
6. What happened to Hackworth according to Chapter 4?
7. What happened on December 18?
8. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
9. What did Hackworth make known in Chapter 9?
10. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)