|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hospital was Hackworth transferred to after his head injury?
(a) USS Hope.
(b) USS Haven.
(c) USS Poseidon.
(d) USS Aurora.
2. Why was Hackworth not able to finish his meal in Chapter 1?
(a) Because he shared it with his men.
(b) Because of an air attack.
(c) Because of a tank coming his way.
(d) Because of a sniper.
3. About what did Hackworth and his men learn thanks to North Korean soldiers they took prisoner?
(a) Korean tactics.
(b) Troop movements.
(c) Troop supplies.
(d) Korean morale.
4. What did Hackworth decide he wanted to do?
(a) Teach military tactics.
(b) Become a training officer in Vietnam.
(c) Learn German.
(d) Become a General.
5. When did Hackworth reapply for the army?
(a) December 1955.
(b) December 1958.
(c) December 1957.
(d) December 1956.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Hackworth and his platoon required to ask permission of Lt.Gilchrist before using?
2. What platoon was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 1?
3. Where did Hackworth's unit spend time every few months?
4. Why did Hackworth refuse to leave the hill after being wounded?
5. Who announced to Hackworth and his men that they would have to reinforce Berlin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hackworth's unit begin doing?
2. On what date does Chapter 1 open and what was happening?
3. What was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 11?
4. What did Hackworth decide to do with his life when in San Francisco, according to Chapter 10?
5. What did Hackworth want after two years in the Army, according to Chapter 5?
6. When Hackworth reviewed the battle, what did he record?
7. What happened on December 18?
8. How was Berlin divided?
9. What did the Wolfhound Regiment consist of?
10. What was Company D rated and why according to Chapter 12?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)