|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made taking North Korean prisoners risky for Hackworth?
(a) The prisoner was larger than him.
(b) He was outnumbered.
(c) His rifle was empty.
(d) North Korean troops were marching towards his position.
2. Who initiated the Reduction in Force program?
(a) President Nixon.
(b) President Eisenhower.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) President Johnson.
3. What was waning as Hackworth became an officer?
(a) The Chinese Spring Offensive.
(b) The North Korean Summer Offensive.
(c) The American Winter retreat.
(d) The South Korean fall stand off.
4. What was the name of the medic assigned with Hackworth?
(b) Van Mieter.
(c) De Rich.
5. What nickname did Hackworth get while assigned to the Combat Support Company?
(b) The Destroyer.
(c) The Animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hill where the North Korean were stationed called?
2. When was Hackworth transferred to the battle group Combat Support Company?
3. Where was Hackworth ordered to report after coming back to the U.S?
4. How many students were in Hackworth's class?
5. What did Joe Rice make safer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Hackworth have in the Fox Company?
2. What did Hackworth reveal about his enlisting in the Army in Chapter 2?
3. What did the Raiders accept according to Chapter 7?
4. How does Hackworth describe the training of the Wolfhound Raiders according to Chapter 6?
5. When Hackworth reviewed the battle, what did he record?
6. What effect did Eisnhower's program, Reductions in Force (RIF) have?
7. How did Charlie Greer and Hack view their injuries?
8. What injury did Hackworth receive?
9. What was Company D rated and why according to Chapter 12?
10. Who put Hackworth in charge of the unit and why?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)