|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
(a) That he wanted to stay in the army as long as possible.
(b) That he wanted to resign his commission.
(c) That he wanted to teach.
(d) That his marriage with Patty was over.
2. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Markus Stubber.
(c) Ira Weng.
(d) Maxwell D. Taylor.
3. How long did Hackworth spend in An Kle?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
4. Where was the special force camp Hackworth's new unit was supposed to relieve located at?
(a) The Kwai river.
(b) Tou Murong.
(c) Twan Wang.
(d) Han Chang.
5. What did Hackworth say of the year 1966?
(a) The year he lost his stars.
(b) The worst year of his career.
(c) The year he made an enemy of General Johnson.
(d) It was the year he established himself.
6. Who was in command of Hackworth's brigade in Vietnam?
(a) Colonel Hunt.
(b) Colonel MacAlister.
(c) Colonel Frank.
(d) Colonel Smith.
7. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
(a) General Nighthawk.
(b) General Ewell.
(c) General Jefferson.
(d) General Tank.
8. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
(a) In New York.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) In Colorado Springs.
(d) In Austin.
9. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
10. Where did Hackworth spend some R&R in 1966?
(c) Hong Kong.
11. What academy did Hackworth create?
(a) The Sport Academy.
(b) The Booby-Trap Avoidance Academy.
(c) The Long Range Shooting Academy.
(d) The Ambush Academy.
12. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
(a) Captains Markus and Steven.
(b) Captains Johnson and Murphy.
(c) Captain Bluwater and Hash.
(d) Captains Murphy and Emerson.
13. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
(a) In Saigon.
(b) In Japan.
(c) In the U.S.
(d) In the hospital.
14. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Bunker, Virginia.
15. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
(a) Jenny Bates.
(b) Andrea Marcell.
(c) Martha Wi.
(d) Sphie Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
2. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
3. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
4. Who was Secretary of the Army in 1969?
5. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)