|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
(a) The high plateau of center Vietnam.
(b) The Mekong Delta.
(c) The Northern Jungles.
(d) The streets of Hanoi.
2. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
(a) In Japan.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In Saigon.
(d) In the U.S.
3. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Claw.
(b) Operation Pounder.
(c) Operation Attleboro.
(d) Operation Hammer.
4. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
(a) East of the Yang river.
(b) Northern Yi Province.
(c) Southern Wang Province.
(d) Western Dinh Province.
5. What did the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff name the restructuration program of the Army?
6. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
(a) Fighting low level terrorists.
(b) Toward the European battlefield.
(c) Fighting on small islands.
(d) Fighting with nuclear weapons.
7. When was Joel Hackworth born?
(a) When Hackworth divorced Patty.
(b) When Hackworth was wounded by rocket fire.
(c) When Hackworth was to sent to Vietnam.
(d) In 1975.
8. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
(a) G-4 adviser to General Timothy.
(b) G-2 adviser to General Timothy.
(c) G-7 adviser to General Timothy.
(d) G-3 adviser to General Timothy.
9. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
(a) Fighting tigers.
(b) Killing Machine.
(c) Crouching Dragons.
(d) Hardcore and Recondo.
10. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
(a) That the United States was losing the war.
(b) That the United States needed more bombers.
(c) That the United States was winning the war.
(d) That the United States needed more tanks.
11. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
(a) Martha Wi.
(b) Andrea Marcell.
(c) Jenny Bates.
(d) Sphie Martin.
12. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
(a) That he should always have a change of socks.
(b) That the Viet Cong is not in the cities.
(c) The language.
(d) There was no safe zone.
13. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) General Westmoreland.
(c) The Chief of Staff.
(d) General Watson.
14. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
(a) 2 Stars Generals.
(b) 4 Stars Generals.
(c) 1 Star Generals.
(d) 3 Stars Generals.
15. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Community College.
(b) Infantry Career Course.
(c) West Point.
(d) The War College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Hackworth accept when returning to Vietnam?
2. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
3. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
4. What was Hackworth assigned to after returning to the U.S.?
5. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)