|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Joel Hackworth born?
(a) When Hackworth was wounded by rocket fire.
(b) In 1975.
(c) When Hackworth was to sent to Vietnam.
(d) When Hackworth divorced Patty.
2. How often were Commanding Officers rotated in Vietnam?
(a) Every 12 months.
(b) Every 6 months.
(c) Every 3 months.
(d) Every 5 months.
3. When did the Tet offensive take place?
4. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
(a) The streets of Hanoi.
(b) The high plateau of center Vietnam.
(c) The Northern Jungles.
(d) The Mekong Delta.
5. Where was Hackworth offered a position in 1968?
(a) Fort Washington.
(b) Fort Benning.
(c) Fort Lewis.
(d) Fort Mach.
6. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
(a) 4 Stars Generals.
(b) 1 Star Generals.
(c) 2 Stars Generals.
(d) 3 Stars Generals.
7. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
(a) Hang Wan.
(b) My Phu.
(c) My Ti.
(d) He Phu.
8. What did Hackworth say of the year 1966?
(a) It was the year he established himself.
(b) The worst year of his career.
(c) The year he lost his stars.
(d) The year he made an enemy of General Johnson.
9. What type of victory was the Vietcong according to Hackworth?
(a) The psychological victory.
(b) The media victory.
(c) The popular victory.
(d) The tactical victory.
10. Where was the special force camp Hackworth's new unit was supposed to relieve located at?
(a) Han Chang.
(b) Tou Murong.
(c) The Kwai river.
(d) Twan Wang.
11. What were the Night Hunters?
(a) Snipers shooting from helicopters.
(b) Small recon groups fighting at night.
(c) Killing duos sent in Viet Cong tunnels.
(d) Bombing runs during the night.
12. What did the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff name the restructuration program of the Army?
13. What academy did Hackworth create?
(a) The Long Range Shooting Academy.
(b) The Ambush Academy.
(c) The Booby-Trap Avoidance Academy.
(d) The Sport Academy.
14. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
(a) Austin Pevy College.
(b) St. Vincent College.
(c) Austin Community College.
(d) West Point.
15. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
(a) The WyDong Offensive.
(b) Operation Hammer.
(c) The Thanksgiving offensive.
(d) The Tet Offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
2. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
3. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
4. What volunteer force joined Hackworth's unit?
5. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)