|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first major engagement for Hackworth and his men?
(a) Operation Bertha.
(b) Operation Gibraltar.
(c) Operation Hammer.
(d) Operation Shield.
2. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1962.
(b) August 1964.
(c) August 1965.
(d) August 1969.
3. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
(a) He Phu.
(b) Hang Wan.
(c) My Ti.
(d) My Phu.
4. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
5. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
(a) The Vietcong knew of Operation Bertha in advance.
(b) The Vietcong knew of Operation Hammer in advance.
(c) The Vietcong knew of Operation Gibraltar in advance.
(d) The Vietcong knew of Operation Shield in advance.
6. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Community College.
(b) Infantry Career Course.
(c) The War College.
(d) West Point.
7. Where was the special force camp Hackworth's new unit was supposed to relieve located at?
(a) Twan Wang.
(b) Han Chang.
(c) Tou Murong.
(d) The Kwai river.
8. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
(a) Fighting on small islands.
(b) Fighting with nuclear weapons.
(c) Toward the European battlefield.
(d) Fighting low level terrorists.
9. What did Hackworth and Slam plan for May of 1968?
(a) A tour of Germany.
(b) A tour of training bases in the U.S.
(c) A tour of the Pentagon.
(d) A tour of Vietnam.
10. How often were Commanding Officers rotated in Vietnam?
(a) Every 3 months.
(b) Every 6 months.
(c) Every 12 months.
(d) Every 5 months.
11. What unit did Hackworth take command of in 1966?
(a) The 7/237.
(b) The 1/27.
(c) The 1/237.
(d) The 2/198.
12. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
(a) That he wanted to resign his commission.
(b) That his marriage with Patty was over.
(c) That he wanted to stay in the army as long as possible.
(d) That he wanted to teach.
13. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
(a) The 27th Regiment.
(b) The Second Army.
(c) The Screaming Eagles.
(d) The Hackworth Rangers.
14. When did the Tet offensive take place?
15. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
(a) The media victory.
(b) The psychological victory.
(c) The popular victory.
(d) The tactical victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
2. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
3. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
4. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
5. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)