|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Hackworth accept when returning to Vietnam?
(a) Aid of General Marshall.
(b) Aid to General MacPherson.
(c) Aid to General Appleworth.
(d) Aid to Ambassador Maxwell.
2. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
(a) The streets of Hanoi.
(b) The high plateau of center Vietnam.
(c) The Northern Jungles.
(d) The Mekong Delta.
3. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
(a) Fighting on small islands.
(b) Fighting low level terrorists.
(c) Toward the European battlefield.
(d) Fighting with nuclear weapons.
4. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
(a) Hong Kong.
5. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
(a) General Maxwell.
(b) General McPherson.
(c) General Westmoreland.
(d) General Smith.
6. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
(a) That he wanted to resign his commission.
(b) That he wanted to stay in the army as long as possible.
(c) That his marriage with Patty was over.
(d) That he wanted to teach.
7. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
(a) General Tank.
(b) General Nighthawk.
(c) General Ewell.
(d) General Jefferson.
8. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
(a) Necessary changes in how the officers were paid.
(b) Necessary changes in the schooling system.
(c) Necessary changes on how the contracts were awarded.
(d) Necessary changes in the supply system.
9. Where did Hackworth tell his wife to go during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) To a cabin in the mountains.
(b) To Canada.
(c) To a house near the sea.
(d) To Mexico.
10. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
(a) In Japan.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In Saigon.
(d) In the U.S.
11. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
(a) Killing Machine.
(b) Crouching Dragons.
(c) Hardcore and Recondo.
(d) Fighting tigers.
12. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
(a) He wanted to stay with his mistress.
(b) He was afraid of poor care.
(c) He wanted to write the mission reports himself.
(d) He would have lost his command.
13. What was becoming known about the NVA?
(a) They used Mig planes.
(b) They were operating out of Cambodia.
(c) They had better weapons.
(d) They were supported by China.
14. Where was Hackworth assigned after his tour in Vietnam?
(a) The Pentagon Office of Personnel.
(b) Berlin NATO headquarters.
(c) Saigon General Command.
15. What academy did Hackworth create?
(a) The Sport Academy.
(b) The Booby-Trap Avoidance Academy.
(c) The Long Range Shooting Academy.
(d) The Ambush Academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
2. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
3. What position did Hackworth accept in Chapter 18?
4. When did the Tet offensive take place?
5. Who was killed during the operation in Chapter 15?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)