|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nickname of Hackworth's new commanding officer?
(a) Easy Marsh.
(b) The Man.
2. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
(a) General Westmoreland.
(b) General Maxwell.
(c) General McPherson.
(d) General Smith.
3. When was Joel Hackworth born?
(a) When Hackworth was to sent to Vietnam.
(b) When Hackworth divorced Patty.
(c) When Hackworth was wounded by rocket fire.
(d) In 1975.
4. What did Hackworth want to do after his first tour of duty in Vietnam ended in Chapter 16?
(a) Return to Vietnam.
(c) Teach at the Infantry School in Fort Benning.
(d) Transfer to Florida.
5. What position did Hackworth occupy at the time of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) G-3 Operationg Officer.
(b) G-5 Operationg Officer.
(c) G-4 Operationg Officer.
(d) G-7 Operationg Officer.
6. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1969.
(b) August 1964.
(c) August 1962.
(d) August 1965.
7. What type of victory was the Vietcong according to Hackworth?
(a) The psychological victory.
(b) The tactical victory.
(c) The popular victory.
(d) The media victory.
8. Who was killed during the operation in Chapter 15?
(a) John Watson.
(b) Mark Stevens.
(c) Jack Greer.
(d) Jim Gardiner.
9. What resulted in Hackworth's work with the Rangers?
(a) Made an effective force out of them.
(b) Avoided training injuries.
(c) Made them equals to the SEALs.
(d) Increased enrollment.
10. Where did Hackworth tell his wife to go during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) To a house near the sea.
(b) To a cabin in the mountains.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To Canada.
11. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
(a) New York.
(b) Bunker, Virginia.
(d) Washington, D.C.
12. Who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Jack B. Markus.
(b) Ira G. Krogger.
(c) Maxwell D. Taylor.
(d) John A. Steven.
13. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
(a) General Ewell.
(b) General Jefferson.
(c) General Tank.
(d) General Nighthawk.
14. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
(a) The Northern Jungles.
(b) The high plateau of center Vietnam.
(c) The Mekong Delta.
(d) The streets of Hanoi.
15. What did Hackworth think of the Vietnam War after touring the country?
(a) It was all but won.
(b) The U.S. could win with more troops.
(c) It was impossible to predict.
(d) The U.S. was losing the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
2. What company was pinned down by the NVA in Chapter 15?
3. What was emphasized as a measurement of success in Vietnam?
4. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
5. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)