|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
(a) SWIFT RETALIATION III
(b) SWIFT STRIKE IV
(c) LONG STRIKE III
(d) SWIFT STRIKE III
2. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
(a) Austin Community College.
(b) St. Vincent College.
(c) West Point.
(d) Austin Pevy College.
3. What did Hackworth feel the politicians and generals did not know according to Chapter 19?
(a) How much the war in Vietnam cost.
(b) What was really going on in Vietnam.
(c) Who was in charge in Vietnam.
(d) How much money the Army was spending on bad equipment.
4. Where did Hackworth go after An Kle?
(a) Gi Han.
(b) Wi Bi.
(c) Di An.
(d) Twi Phu.
5. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
(a) He wanted to write the mission reports himself.
(b) He was afraid of poor care.
(c) He wanted to stay with his mistress.
(d) He would have lost his command.
6. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
(a) Toward the European battlefield.
(b) Fighting with nuclear weapons.
(c) Fighting low level terrorists.
(d) Fighting on small islands.
7. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
(a) General Ewell.
(b) General Jefferson.
(c) General Tank.
(d) General Nighthawk.
8. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
(a) General MacMillan.
(b) General Smith.
(c) General Snown.
(d) General Zais.
9. What was Hackworth's recommendation to the Secretary of the Army?
(a) More competent advisors.
(b) To get more planes.
(c) To stop training the South Vietnam Army.
(d) To invade Cambodia and Laos.
10. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
(a) The WyDong Offensive.
(b) The Thanksgiving offensive.
(c) The Tet Offensive.
(d) Operation Hammer.
11. When was Joel Hackworth born?
(a) When Hackworth divorced Patty.
(b) When Hackworth was to sent to Vietnam.
(c) When Hackworth was wounded by rocket fire.
(d) In 1975.
12. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
(a) He was sent to be the aid of the Chief of Staff of the President.
(b) He was sent to the Army's Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth.
(c) He was sent to Vietnam to train new recruit.
(d) He was sent to the Army War College in New Hampshire.
13. Who was Secretary of the Army in 1969?
(a) John Soppeman.
(b) Jack Kubrick.
(c) Timothy Maxwell.
(d) Stanley Resor.
14. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Attleboro.
(b) Operation Pounder.
(c) Operation Hammer.
(d) Operation Claw.
15. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
(a) Southern Wang Province.
(b) East of the Yang river.
(c) Northern Yi Province.
(d) Western Dinh Province.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
2. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
3. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
4. What was the name of the unit Hackworth was sent to Vietnam with in Chapter 14?
5. What was the nickname of Hackworth's new commanding officer?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)