|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the special force camp Hackworth's new unit was supposed to relieve located at?
(a) The Kwai river.
(b) Tou Murong.
(c) Twan Wang.
(d) Han Chang.
2. How often were Commanding Officers rotated in Vietnam?
(a) Every 6 months.
(b) Every 12 months.
(c) Every 5 months.
(d) Every 3 months.
3. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
(a) The psychological victory.
(b) The tactical victory.
(c) The media victory.
(d) The popular victory.
4. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
(a) General Ewell.
(b) General Nighthawk.
(c) General Jefferson.
(d) General Tank.
5. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Markus Stubber.
(c) Maxwell D. Taylor.
(d) Ira Weng.
6. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
(a) Crouching Dragons.
(b) Fighting tigers.
(c) Hardcore and Recondo.
(d) Killing Machine.
7. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
(a) General Watson.
(b) The Chief of Staff.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) General Westmoreland.
8. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
(a) G-2 adviser to General Timothy.
(b) G-4 adviser to General Timothy.
(c) G-3 adviser to General Timothy.
(d) G-7 adviser to General Timothy.
9. What volunteer force joined Hackworth's unit?
(a) The HammerClaw force.
(b) The Lion force.
(c) The Tiger force.
(d) The Cheetah force.
10. What was the nickname of Hackworth's new commanding officer?
(c) Easy Marsh.
(d) The Man.
11. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
(a) New York.
(b) Bunker, Virginia.
(d) Washington, D.C.
12. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
(a) He was afraid of poor care.
(b) He wanted to write the mission reports himself.
(c) He wanted to stay with his mistress.
(d) He would have lost his command.
13. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
(a) Hong Kong.
14. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
(a) He Phu.
(b) My Phu.
(c) My Ti.
(d) Hang Wan.
15. What did Hackworth think of the Vietnam War after touring the country?
(a) The U.S. was losing the war.
(b) It was all but won.
(c) It was impossible to predict.
(d) The U.S. could win with more troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Night Hunters?
2. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
3. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
4. What irritated Hackworth in Vietnam?
5. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)