|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
(a) He was sent to the Army's Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth.
(b) He was sent to the Army War College in New Hampshire.
(c) He was sent to be the aid of the Chief of Staff of the President.
(d) He was sent to Vietnam to train new recruit.
2. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Community College.
(b) West Point.
(c) The War College.
(d) Infantry Career Course.
3. Where did Hackworth tell his wife to go during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) To a cabin in the mountains.
(b) To Canada.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To a house near the sea.
4. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
(a) SWIFT STRIKE III
(b) SWIFT RETALIATION III
(c) LONG STRIKE III
(d) SWIFT STRIKE IV
5. What irritated Hackworth in Vietnam?
(a) Paperwork because of equipment being field tested.
(b) Reporting to General Maxwell.
(c) Cooperating with the South Vietnam army.
(d) Command incompetence.
6. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
(a) General Jefferson.
(b) General Nighthawk.
(c) General Tank.
(d) General Ewell.
7. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
(a) He was afraid of poor care.
(b) He wanted to write the mission reports himself.
(c) He wanted to stay with his mistress.
(d) He would have lost his command.
8. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
(a) At dawn.
(b) During the night.
(c) At noon.
(d) At dusk.
9. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1962.
(b) August 1964.
(c) August 1969.
(d) August 1965.
10. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
11. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
(a) The Tet Offensive.
(b) The WyDong Offensive.
(c) The Thanksgiving offensive.
(d) Operation Hammer.
12. How long did Hackworth spend in An Kle?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
13. Where did Hackworth go after An Kle?
(a) Gi Han.
(b) Twi Phu.
(c) Wi Bi.
(d) Di An.
14. What volunteer force joined Hackworth's unit?
(a) The Lion force.
(b) The Cheetah force.
(c) The Tiger force.
(d) The HammerClaw force.
15. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
(a) He positioned them behind the company headquarters.
(b) He positioned them on both sides of the enemy.
(c) He positioned them behind the enemy.
(d) He positioned them on the right side of the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth think of the Vietnam War after touring the country?
2. What resulted in Hackworth's work with the Rangers?
3. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
4. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
5. Where did Hackworth spend some R&R in 1966?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)