|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
(a) General Westmoreland.
(b) The Chief of Staff.
(c) General Watson.
(d) President Kennedy.
2. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
(a) Captain Bluwater and Hash.
(b) Captains Johnson and Murphy.
(c) Captains Murphy and Emerson.
(d) Captains Markus and Steven.
3. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
(a) General McPherson.
(b) General Westmoreland.
(c) General Maxwell.
(d) General Smith.
4. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
(a) He was sent to the Army War College in New Hampshire.
(b) He was sent to be the aid of the Chief of Staff of the President.
(c) He was sent to Vietnam to train new recruit.
(d) He was sent to the Army's Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth.
5. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
(a) That he should always have a change of socks.
(b) The language.
(c) There was no safe zone.
(d) That the Viet Cong is not in the cities.
6. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
7. Who was killed during the operation in Chapter 15?
(a) Jim Gardiner.
(b) Jack Greer.
(c) John Watson.
(d) Mark Stevens.
8. What did Hackworth think of the Vietnam War after touring the country?
(a) The U.S. could win with more troops.
(b) It was all but won.
(c) It was impossible to predict.
(d) The U.S. was losing the war.
9. What did Hackworth feel the politicians and generals did not know according to Chapter 19?
(a) What was really going on in Vietnam.
(b) How much money the Army was spending on bad equipment.
(c) Who was in charge in Vietnam.
(d) How much the war in Vietnam cost.
10. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the U.S.
(c) In Saigon.
(d) In Japan.
11. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
(a) The Hackworth Rangers.
(b) The 27th Regiment.
(c) The Screaming Eagles.
(d) The Second Army.
12. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
(a) Writing reports.
(b) Being treated for wounds.
(c) Teaching new recruits how to fight.
(d) Taking his men into battle.
13. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
(c) Hong Kong.
14. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
(a) Necessary changes in the supply system.
(b) Necessary changes in the schooling system.
(c) Necessary changes in how the officers were paid.
(d) Necessary changes on how the contracts were awarded.
15. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
(a) That the United States needed more bombers.
(b) That the United States was losing the war.
(c) That the United States needed more tanks.
(d) That the United States was winning the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of Hackworth's new commanding officer?
2. What were the Night Hunters?
3. What position did Hackworth occupy at the time of the Cuban missile crisis?
4. What did Hackworth want to do after his first tour of duty in Vietnam ended in Chapter 16?
5. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)