|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
(a) Operation Hammer.
(b) The Tet Offensive.
(c) The Thanksgiving offensive.
(d) The WyDong Offensive.
2. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
(a) Being treated for wounds.
(b) Teaching new recruits how to fight.
(c) Taking his men into battle.
(d) Writing reports.
3. What was Hackworth responsible for in the Pentagon, according to Chapter 17?
(a) The Army service schools in the U.S.
(b) The Army detail protecting Washington, D.C.
(c) The Army weapons contract payments.
(d) The Army supply going to Vietnam.
4. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
(a) Toward the European battlefield.
(b) Fighting low level terrorists.
(c) Fighting on small islands.
(d) Fighting with nuclear weapons.
5. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
6. When did Hackworth arrive in Vietnam?
(a) July 1968.
(b) July 1965.
(c) July 1967.
(d) July 1966.
7. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
(a) The popular victory.
(b) The media victory.
(c) The psychological victory.
(d) The tactical victory.
8. What did Hackworth want to do after his first tour of duty in Vietnam ended in Chapter 16?
(a) Return to Vietnam.
(b) Transfer to Florida.
(c) Teach at the Infantry School in Fort Benning.
9. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
(a) General Snown.
(b) General Zais.
(c) General MacMillan.
(d) General Smith.
10. What unit did Hackworth take command of in 1966?
(a) The 1/27.
(b) The 2/198.
(c) The 1/237.
(d) The 7/237.
11. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
(a) That the Viet Cong is not in the cities.
(b) That he should always have a change of socks.
(c) There was no safe zone.
(d) The language.
12. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) West Point.
(b) The War College.
(c) Infantry Career Course.
(d) Community College.
13. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
(a) That he wanted to stay in the army as long as possible.
(b) That he wanted to resign his commission.
(c) That he wanted to teach.
(d) That his marriage with Patty was over.
14. When was Joel Hackworth born?
(a) When Hackworth was to sent to Vietnam.
(b) When Hackworth was wounded by rocket fire.
(c) In 1975.
(d) When Hackworth divorced Patty.
15. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
(a) John Smith.
(b) Ira Weng.
(c) Maxwell D. Taylor.
(d) Markus Stubber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was killed during the operation in Chapter 15?
2. What resulted in many casualties during the first major engagement of Hackworth's unit?
3. Where did Hackworth go after An Kle?
4. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
5. What position did Hackworth accept in Chapter 18?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)