|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What volunteer force joined Hackworth's unit?
(a) The Tiger force.
(b) The Cheetah force.
(c) The HammerClaw force.
(d) The Lion force.
2. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
(a) He Phu.
(b) My Ti.
(c) My Phu.
(d) Hang Wan.
3. What did Hackworth think of the Vietnam War after touring the country?
(a) The U.S. could win with more troops.
(b) It was impossible to predict.
(c) It was all but won.
(d) The U.S. was losing the war.
4. What type of victory was the Vietcong according to Hackworth?
(a) The media victory.
(b) The popular victory.
(c) The tactical victory.
(d) The psychological victory.
5. What irritated Hackworth in Vietnam?
(a) Reporting to General Maxwell.
(b) Paperwork because of equipment being field tested.
(c) Command incompetence.
(d) Cooperating with the South Vietnam army.
6. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
(c) Hong Kong.
7. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
(a) The streets of Hanoi.
(b) The high plateau of center Vietnam.
(c) The Mekong Delta.
(d) The Northern Jungles.
8. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
(a) Necessary changes in the schooling system.
(b) Necessary changes on how the contracts were awarded.
(c) Necessary changes in how the officers were paid.
(d) Necessary changes in the supply system.
9. Where did Hackworth go after An Kle?
(a) Gi Han.
(b) Twi Phu.
(c) Wi Bi.
(d) Di An.
10. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
(a) The Tet Offensive.
(b) Operation Hammer.
(c) The Thanksgiving offensive.
(d) The WyDong Offensive.
11. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
(a) In Colorado Springs.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Austin.
(d) In Los Angeles.
12. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
(a) Martha Wi.
(b) Andrea Marcell.
(c) Jenny Bates.
(d) Sphie Martin.
13. What did the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff name the restructuration program of the Army?
14. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
(a) During the night.
(b) At noon.
(c) At dawn.
(d) At dusk.
15. Where was the special force camp Hackworth's new unit was supposed to relieve located at?
(a) Twan Wang.
(b) Tou Murong.
(c) Han Chang.
(d) The Kwai river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
2. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
3. What were the Night Hunters?
4. What was Hackworth responsible for in the Pentagon, according to Chapter 17?
5. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)