|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company was pinned down by the NVA in Chapter 15?
(a) F company.
(b) D company.
(c) A company.
(d) C company.
2. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
(a) Austin Community College.
(b) West Point.
(c) St. Vincent College.
(d) Austin Pevy College.
3. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
(a) Hong Kong.
4. When did the Tet offensive take place?
5. What was the first major engagement for Hackworth and his men?
(a) Operation Shield.
(b) Operation Bertha.
(c) Operation Gibraltar.
(d) Operation Hammer.
6. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
(a) General Westmoreland.
(b) General Smith.
(c) General Maxwell.
(d) General McPherson.
7. What resulted in many casualties during the first major engagement of Hackworth's unit?
(a) Suicide bombings.
(c) Artillery barrages.
8. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
(a) He positioned them behind the company headquarters.
(b) He positioned them behind the enemy.
(c) He positioned them on both sides of the enemy.
(d) He positioned them on the right side of the enemy.
9. What was the name of the unit Hackworth was sent to Vietnam with in Chapter 14?
(a) The Hissing Snakes 1st Brigade.
(b) The Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade.
(c) The Roaring Lions 1st Brigade.
(d) The Baring Elephants 1st Brigade.
10. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
(a) That the United States was winning the war.
(b) That the United States was losing the war.
(c) That the United States needed more bombers.
(d) That the United States needed more tanks.
11. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) New York.
(c) Bunker, Virginia.
12. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
(a) SWIFT STRIKE IV
(b) SWIFT RETALIATION III
(c) LONG STRIKE III
(d) SWIFT STRIKE III
13. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 22 months.
14. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
(a) The Northern Jungles.
(b) The high plateau of center Vietnam.
(c) The Mekong Delta.
(d) The streets of Hanoi.
15. What position did Hackworth accept when returning to Vietnam?
(a) Aid to Ambassador Maxwell.
(b) Aid to General MacPherson.
(c) Aid of General Marshall.
(d) Aid to General Appleworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
2. What did Hackworth want to do after his first tour of duty in Vietnam ended in Chapter 16?
3. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
4. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
5. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)