|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) In Colorado Springs.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Austin.
2. Where did Hackworth spend some R&R in 1966?
(a) Hong Kong.
3. What academy did Hackworth create?
(a) The Ambush Academy.
(b) The Long Range Shooting Academy.
(c) The Sport Academy.
(d) The Booby-Trap Avoidance Academy.
4. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
(a) Captains Johnson and Murphy.
(b) Captains Murphy and Emerson.
(c) Captain Bluwater and Hash.
(d) Captains Markus and Steven.
5. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
(a) There was no safe zone.
(b) The language.
(c) That he should always have a change of socks.
(d) That the Viet Cong is not in the cities.
6. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
(a) That the United States needed more bombers.
(b) That the United States was winning the war.
(c) That the United States needed more tanks.
(d) That the United States was losing the war.
7. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
(a) Austin Pevy College.
(b) West Point.
(c) St. Vincent College.
(d) Austin Community College.
8. When was Joel Hackworth born?
(a) When Hackworth was to sent to Vietnam.
(b) When Hackworth divorced Patty.
(c) When Hackworth was wounded by rocket fire.
(d) In 1975.
9. What was Hackworth's recommendation to the Secretary of the Army?
(a) More competent advisors.
(b) To invade Cambodia and Laos.
(c) To get more planes.
(d) To stop training the South Vietnam Army.
10. What resulted in Hackworth's work with the Rangers?
(a) Avoided training injuries.
(b) Made them equals to the SEALs.
(c) Increased enrollment.
(d) Made an effective force out of them.
11. What position did Hackworth accept when returning to Vietnam?
(a) Aid to General MacPherson.
(b) Aid of General Marshall.
(c) Aid to General Appleworth.
(d) Aid to Ambassador Maxwell.
12. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
(a) Necessary changes in the supply system.
(b) Necessary changes on how the contracts were awarded.
(c) Necessary changes in how the officers were paid.
(d) Necessary changes in the schooling system.
13. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Pounder.
(b) Operation Attleboro.
(c) Operation Claw.
(d) Operation Hammer.
14. Where was Hackworth assigned after his tour in Vietnam?
(a) Saigon General Command.
(c) Berlin NATO headquarters.
(d) The Pentagon Office of Personnel.
15. When was John Hayes assigned to command Hackworth's Brigade?
(a) March 1969.
(b) March 1966.
(c) March 1967.
(d) March 1968.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
2. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
3. What did the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff name the restructuration program of the Army?
4. Where did Hackworth go after An Kle?
5. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)