|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hackworth go after An Kle?
(a) Twi Phu.
(b) Di An.
(c) Wi Bi.
(d) Gi Han.
2. In what task force was Hackworth involved in 1963?
3. Who was in command of Hackworth's brigade in Vietnam?
(a) Colonel Smith.
(b) Colonel Hunt.
(c) Colonel MacAlister.
(d) Colonel Frank.
4. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
(a) Austin Pevy College.
(b) West Point.
(c) St. Vincent College.
(d) Austin Community College.
5. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
(a) Teaching new recruits how to fight.
(b) Being treated for wounds.
(c) Taking his men into battle.
(d) Writing reports.
6. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Attleboro.
(b) Operation Hammer.
(c) Operation Claw.
(d) Operation Pounder.
7. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
(a) General Snown.
(b) General Zais.
(c) General Smith.
(d) General MacMillan.
8. What unit did Hackworth take command of in 1966?
(a) The 2/198.
(b) The 1/237.
(c) The 7/237.
(d) The 1/27.
9. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
(a) My Ti.
(b) Hang Wan.
(c) He Phu.
(d) My Phu.
10. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
(a) He positioned them on the right side of the enemy.
(b) He positioned them on both sides of the enemy.
(c) He positioned them behind the enemy.
(d) He positioned them behind the company headquarters.
11. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1964.
(b) August 1962.
(c) August 1969.
(d) August 1965.
12. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
(a) Hardcore and Recondo.
(b) Fighting tigers.
(c) Crouching Dragons.
(d) Killing Machine.
13. What was Hackworth responsible for in the Pentagon, according to Chapter 17?
(a) The Army detail protecting Washington, D.C.
(b) The Army service schools in the U.S.
(c) The Army supply going to Vietnam.
(d) The Army weapons contract payments.
14. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
(a) Andrea Marcell.
(b) Sphie Martin.
(c) Martha Wi.
(d) Jenny Bates.
15. Who was Secretary of the Army in 1969?
(a) Timothy Maxwell.
(b) Jack Kubrick.
(c) Stanley Resor.
(d) John Soppeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth tell the Secretary of the Army?
2. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
3. What was becoming known about the NVA?
4. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
5. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)