|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hackworth feel the politicians and generals did not know according to Chapter 19?
(a) What was really going on in Vietnam.
(b) Who was in charge in Vietnam.
(c) How much money the Army was spending on bad equipment.
(d) How much the war in Vietnam cost.
2. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
3. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1964.
(b) August 1962.
(c) August 1969.
(d) August 1965.
4. What company was pinned down by the NVA in Chapter 15?
(a) A company.
(b) C company.
(c) D company.
(d) F company.
5. What did Hackworth and Slam plan for May of 1968?
(a) A tour of Vietnam.
(b) A tour of the Pentagon.
(c) A tour of training bases in the U.S.
(d) A tour of Germany.
6. What resulted in Hackworth's work with the Rangers?
(a) Avoided training injuries.
(b) Made an effective force out of them.
(c) Increased enrollment.
(d) Made them equals to the SEALs.
7. Where did Hackworth spend time before going to Pleiko according to Chapter 20?
(b) Hong Kong.
8. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
(a) My Ti.
(b) He Phu.
(c) My Phu.
(d) Hang Wan.
9. Where did Hackworth tell his wife to go during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) To a house near the sea.
(b) To Mexico.
(c) To a cabin in the mountains.
(d) To Canada.
10. What did Hackworth think of the Vietnam War after touring the country?
(a) The U.S. could win with more troops.
(b) It was all but won.
(c) It was impossible to predict.
(d) The U.S. was losing the war.
11. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
(a) The Chief of Staff.
(b) General Westmoreland.
(c) General Watson.
(d) President Kennedy.
12. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
(a) Crouching Dragons.
(b) Hardcore and Recondo.
(c) Fighting tigers.
(d) Killing Machine.
13. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
(a) The Mekong Delta.
(b) The high plateau of center Vietnam.
(c) The Northern Jungles.
(d) The streets of Hanoi.
14. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Pounder.
(b) Operation Attleboro.
(c) Operation Claw.
(d) Operation Hammer.
15. What was the name of the unit Hackworth was sent to Vietnam with in Chapter 14?
(a) The Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade.
(b) The Roaring Lions 1st Brigade.
(c) The Baring Elephants 1st Brigade.
(d) The Hissing Snakes 1st Brigade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
2. What did Hackworth say of the year 1966?
3. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
4. When was John Hayes assigned to command Hackworth's Brigade?
5. Who was killed during the operation in Chapter 15?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)