|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In Saigon.
(c) In the U.S.
(d) In Japan.
2. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
(a) G-2 adviser to General Timothy.
(b) G-3 adviser to General Timothy.
(c) G-7 adviser to General Timothy.
(d) G-4 adviser to General Timothy.
3. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
(a) The Chief of Staff.
(b) General Westmoreland.
(c) General Watson.
(d) President Kennedy.
4. What position did Hackworth occupy at the time of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) G-5 Operationg Officer.
(b) G-4 Operationg Officer.
(c) G-7 Operationg Officer.
(d) G-3 Operationg Officer.
5. What was the first major engagement for Hackworth and his men?
(a) Operation Bertha.
(b) Operation Shield.
(c) Operation Gibraltar.
(d) Operation Hammer.
6. When was Hackworth assigned as advisor to the Airborne Division?
(a) November 1970.
(b) November 1968.
(c) November 1971.
(d) November 1969.
7. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
(a) SWIFT STRIKE IV
(b) SWIFT RETALIATION III
(c) LONG STRIKE III
(d) SWIFT STRIKE III
8. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 22 months.
9. When did the Tet offensive take place?
10. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
(a) He positioned them on the right side of the enemy.
(b) He positioned them behind the enemy.
(c) He positioned them on both sides of the enemy.
(d) He positioned them behind the company headquarters.
11. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
(a) The 27th Regiment.
(b) The Screaming Eagles.
(c) The Hackworth Rangers.
(d) The Second Army.
12. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
(a) General McPherson.
(b) General Smith.
(c) General Westmoreland.
(d) General Maxwell.
13. What volunteer force joined Hackworth's unit?
(a) The Cheetah force.
(b) The HammerClaw force.
(c) The Tiger force.
(d) The Lion force.
14. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
(a) Martha Wi.
(b) Andrea Marcell.
(c) Sphie Martin.
(d) Jenny Bates.
15. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
(a) The WyDong Offensive.
(b) Operation Hammer.
(c) The Thanksgiving offensive.
(d) The Tet Offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth feel the politicians and generals did not know according to Chapter 19?
2. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
3. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
4. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
5. Why was Hackworth dissatisfied with his commanding officer?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)