|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company was pinned down by the NVA in Chapter 15?
(a) A company.
(b) D company.
(c) F company.
(d) C company.
2. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
(a) In Austin.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) In Colorado Springs.
(d) In New York.
3. Why was Hackworth dissatisfied with his commanding officer?
(a) He issued orders directly to Hackworth men, bypassing him.
(b) He considered him incompetent.
(c) He was from Harvard and Hackworth was from Yale.
(d) The body count only policy put in men in danger needlessly.
4. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
(a) Jenny Bates.
(b) Martha Wi.
(c) Andrea Marcell.
(d) Sphie Martin.
5. What was Hackworth attending at the start of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) West Point.
(b) Community College.
(c) Infantry Career Course.
(d) The War College.
6. What resulted in many casualties during the first major engagement of Hackworth's unit?
(a) Artillery barrages.
(c) Suicide bombings.
7. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
(a) He wanted to write the mission reports himself.
(b) He wanted to stay with his mistress.
(c) He was afraid of poor care.
(d) He would have lost his command.
8. What unit did Hackworth take command of in 1966?
(a) The 1/27.
(b) The 2/198.
(c) The 7/237.
(d) The 1/237.
9. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
(a) The Screaming Eagles.
(b) The Second Army.
(c) The Hackworth Rangers.
(d) The 27th Regiment.
10. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
(a) General Zais.
(b) General Smith.
(c) General Snown.
(d) General MacMillan.
11. What was the name of the unit Hackworth was sent to Vietnam with in Chapter 14?
(a) The Roaring Lions 1st Brigade.
(b) The Hissing Snakes 1st Brigade.
(c) The Baring Elephants 1st Brigade.
(d) The Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade.
12. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
(a) The Tet Offensive.
(b) The Thanksgiving offensive.
(c) The WyDong Offensive.
(d) Operation Hammer.
13. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
(a) Western Dinh Province.
(b) Northern Yi Province.
(c) Southern Wang Province.
(d) East of the Yang river.
14. What was Hackworth responsible for in the Pentagon, according to Chapter 17?
(a) The Army detail protecting Washington, D.C.
(b) The Army weapons contract payments.
(c) The Army supply going to Vietnam.
(d) The Army service schools in the U.S.
15. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
(a) That he wanted to teach.
(b) That he wanted to stay in the army as long as possible.
(c) That his marriage with Patty was over.
(d) That he wanted to resign his commission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
2. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
3. What was Hackworth assigned to after returning to the U.S.?
4. What was becoming known about the NVA?
5. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)