|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
(a) General Westmoreland.
(b) General Watson.
(c) The Chief of Staff.
(d) President Kennedy.
2. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
3. What academy did Hackworth create?
(a) The Sport Academy.
(b) The Long Range Shooting Academy.
(c) The Ambush Academy.
(d) The Booby-Trap Avoidance Academy.
4. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
(a) The Hackworth Rangers.
(b) The Screaming Eagles.
(c) The 27th Regiment.
(d) The Second Army.
5. What village was Hackworth at when he asked the old man about the NVA?
(a) My Phu.
(b) He Phu.
(c) Hang Wan.
(d) My Ti.
6. Who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Maxwell D. Taylor.
(b) Jack B. Markus.
(c) John A. Steven.
(d) Ira G. Krogger.
7. When was John Hayes assigned to command Hackworth's Brigade?
(a) March 1966.
(b) March 1967.
(c) March 1968.
(d) March 1969.
8. What name did Hackworth gave his battalion?
(a) Killing Machine.
(b) Crouching Dragons.
(c) Fighting tigers.
(d) Hardcore and Recondo.
9. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
(a) General Ewell.
(b) General Jefferson.
(c) General Nighthawk.
(d) General Tank.
10. What was the name of the unit Hackworth was sent to Vietnam with in Chapter 14?
(a) The Hissing Snakes 1st Brigade.
(b) The Baring Elephants 1st Brigade.
(c) The Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade.
(d) The Roaring Lions 1st Brigade.
11. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Bunker, Virginia.
(c) New York.
12. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
(a) Captains Markus and Steven.
(b) Captain Bluwater and Hash.
(c) Captains Johnson and Murphy.
(d) Captains Murphy and Emerson.
13. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
(a) Colonel Tang.
(b) Colonel Tu.
(c) Colonel Hanh.
(d) Colonel Zi.
14. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
(a) That he wanted to resign his commission.
(b) That his marriage with Patty was over.
(c) That he wanted to stay in the army as long as possible.
(d) That he wanted to teach.
15. What unit did Hackworth take command of in 1966?
(a) The 7/237.
(b) The 2/198.
(c) The 1/237.
(d) The 1/27.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
2. When was Hackworth assigned as advisor to the Airborne Division?
3. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
4. What did Hackworth say of the year 1966?
5. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)