|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Hackworth assigned as advisor to the Airborne Division?
(a) November 1969.
(b) November 1971.
(c) November 1970.
(d) November 1968.
2. How long did Hackworth spend in An Kle?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
3. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
(a) General Smith.
(b) General McPherson.
(c) General Maxwell.
(d) General Westmoreland.
4. What resulted in Hackworth's work with the Rangers?
(a) Made them equals to the SEALs.
(b) Increased enrollment.
(c) Avoided training injuries.
(d) Made an effective force out of them.
5. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
(a) Colonel Tu.
(b) Colonel Zi.
(c) Colonel Tang.
(d) Colonel Hanh.
6. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
(a) The Hackworth Rangers.
(b) The 27th Regiment.
(c) The Screaming Eagles.
(d) The Second Army.
7. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
(a) At dawn.
(b) At dusk.
(c) During the night.
(d) At noon.
8. What was the nickname of Hackworth's new commanding officer?
(b) The Man.
(c) Easy Marsh.
9. What did Hackworth spend most of his time doing working with General Timothy?
(a) Being treated for wounds.
(b) Teaching new recruits how to fight.
(c) Taking his men into battle.
(d) Writing reports.
10. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
(a) Necessary changes in the supply system.
(b) Necessary changes on how the contracts were awarded.
(c) Necessary changes in how the officers were paid.
(d) Necessary changes in the schooling system.
11. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In Japan.
(c) In the U.S.
(d) In Saigon.
12. What did Hackworth want to do after his first tour of duty in Vietnam ended in Chapter 16?
(a) Teach at the Infantry School in Fort Benning.
(c) Return to Vietnam.
(d) Transfer to Florida.
13. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
(a) He positioned them behind the company headquarters.
(b) He positioned them behind the enemy.
(c) He positioned them on both sides of the enemy.
(d) He positioned them on the right side of the enemy.
14. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
(a) The high plateau of center Vietnam.
(b) The streets of Hanoi.
(c) The Mekong Delta.
(d) The Northern Jungles.
15. What was Hackworth responsible for in the Pentagon, according to Chapter 17?
(a) The Army supply going to Vietnam.
(b) The Army service schools in the U.S.
(c) The Army detail protecting Washington, D.C.
(d) The Army weapons contract payments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hackworth's recommendation to the Secretary of the Army?
2. Who was in command of Hackworth's brigade in Vietnam?
3. What resulted in many casualties during the first major engagement of Hackworth's unit?
4. Why was Hackworth dissatisfied with his commanding officer?
5. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)