|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What resulted in many casualties during the first major engagement of Hackworth's unit?
(a) Suicide bombings.
(b) Artillery barrages.
2. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
(a) That his marriage with Patty was over.
(b) That he wanted to teach.
(c) That he wanted to resign his commission.
(d) That he wanted to stay in the army as long as possible.
3. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Attleboro.
(b) Operation Pounder.
(c) Operation Hammer.
(d) Operation Claw.
4. Who was in command of Hackworth's brigade in Vietnam?
(a) Colonel Smith.
(b) Colonel MacAlister.
(c) Colonel Frank.
(d) Colonel Hunt.
5. What position did Hackworth accept when returning to Vietnam?
(a) Aid to General Appleworth.
(b) Aid of General Marshall.
(c) Aid to Ambassador Maxwell.
(d) Aid to General MacPherson.
6. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
(a) In Colorado Springs.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) In Austin.
(d) In New York.
7. What volunteer force joined Hackworth's unit?
(a) The HammerClaw force.
(b) The Tiger force.
(c) The Lion force.
(d) The Cheetah force.
8. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
(a) Andrea Marcell.
(b) Sphie Martin.
(c) Jenny Bates.
(d) Martha Wi.
9. How long did Hackworth spend in An Kle?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
10. What did the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff name the restructuration program of the Army?
11. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
(a) Toward the European battlefield.
(b) Fighting with nuclear weapons.
(c) Fighting low level terrorists.
(d) Fighting on small islands.
12. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
(a) General Snown.
(b) General MacMillan.
(c) General Zais.
(d) General Smith.
13. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
(a) The Hackworth Rangers.
(b) The Screaming Eagles.
(c) The 27th Regiment.
(d) The Second Army.
14. What was Hackworth's recommendation to the Secretary of the Army?
(a) More competent advisors.
(b) To stop training the South Vietnam Army.
(c) To get more planes.
(d) To invade Cambodia and Laos.
15. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
(a) During the night.
(b) At dusk.
(c) At noon.
(d) At dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hackworth assigned after his tour in Vietnam?
2. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
3. What company was pinned down by the NVA in Chapter 15?
4. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
5. What position did Hackworth occupy at the time of the Cuban missile crisis?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)