|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
(a) In Colorado Springs.
(b) In Austin.
(c) In New York.
(d) In Los Angeles.
2. Who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Maxwell D. Taylor.
(b) Ira G. Krogger.
(c) John A. Steven.
(d) Jack B. Markus.
3. What did Hackworth feel the politicians and generals did not know according to Chapter 19?
(a) How much the war in Vietnam cost.
(b) How much money the Army was spending on bad equipment.
(c) What was really going on in Vietnam.
(d) Who was in charge in Vietnam.
4. How often were Commanding Officers rotated in Vietnam?
(a) Every 6 months.
(b) Every 3 months.
(c) Every 5 months.
(d) Every 12 months.
5. What unit did Hackworth take command of in 1966?
(a) The 2/198.
(b) The 1/237.
(c) The 1/27.
(d) The 7/237.
6. Where was Hackworth assigned after his tour in Vietnam?
(a) The Pentagon Office of Personnel.
(b) Saigon General Command.
(c) Berlin NATO headquarters.
7. Who was Secretary of the Army in 1969?
(a) Stanley Resor.
(b) John Soppeman.
(c) Jack Kubrick.
(d) Timothy Maxwell.
8. Where was Fire Base Dickey located?
(a) Southern Wang Province.
(b) East of the Yang river.
(c) Western Dinh Province.
(d) Northern Yi Province.
9. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Pounder.
(b) Operation Hammer.
(c) Operation Claw.
(d) Operation Attleboro.
10. What did Hackworth say of the year 1966?
(a) The year he lost his stars.
(b) It was the year he established himself.
(c) The worst year of his career.
(d) The year he made an enemy of General Johnson.
11. What part of Vietnam did Hackworth say had the worse conditions ever experienced by an American soldier?
(a) The Mekong Delta.
(b) The high plateau of center Vietnam.
(c) The streets of Hanoi.
(d) The Northern Jungles.
12. What resulted in many casualties during the first major engagement of Hackworth's unit?
(a) Artillery barrages.
(d) Suicide bombings.
13. What academy did Hackworth create?
(a) The Long Range Shooting Academy.
(b) The Booby-Trap Avoidance Academy.
(c) The Sport Academy.
(d) The Ambush Academy.
14. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1965.
(b) August 1962.
(c) August 1964.
(d) August 1969.
15. What was the name of the air hostess Hackworth met in Australia?
(a) Andrea Marcell.
(b) Sphie Martin.
(c) Martha Wi.
(d) Jenny Bates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
2. What position did Hackworth accept in Chapter 18?
3. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
4. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
5. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)