|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hackworth want to do after his first tour of duty in Vietnam ended in Chapter 16?
(a) Teach at the Infantry School in Fort Benning.
(b) Transfer to Florida.
(d) Return to Vietnam.
2. Where did Hackworth tell his wife to go during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) To a house near the sea.
(b) To a cabin in the mountains.
(c) To Mexico.
(d) To Canada.
3. What did Hackworth and Slam plan for May of 1968?
(a) A tour of Vietnam.
(b) A tour of Germany.
(c) A tour of training bases in the U.S.
(d) A tour of the Pentagon.
4. What unit performed to Hackworth's satisfaction at Phn Rang?
(a) The Hackworth Rangers.
(b) The Screaming Eagles.
(c) The 27th Regiment.
(d) The Second Army.
5. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
6. Who lived in a plush villa and acted like a war lord?
(a) Colonel Tu.
(b) Colonel Zi.
(c) Colonel Tang.
(d) Colonel Hanh.
7. Who invited Hackworth to dinner and asked him to be his G-3?
(a) General Jefferson.
(b) General Tank.
(c) General Nighthawk.
(d) General Ewell.
8. In what task force was Hackworth involved in 1963?
9. What was Hackworth responsible for in the Pentagon, according to Chapter 17?
(a) The Army weapons contract payments.
(b) The Army service schools in the U.S.
(c) The Army supply going to Vietnam.
(d) The Army detail protecting Washington, D.C.
10. Where did Hackworth spend some R&R in 1966?
(d) Hong Kong.
11. What did Hackworth do with the Tigers and B company?
(a) He positioned them behind the company headquarters.
(b) He positioned them behind the enemy.
(c) He positioned them on both sides of the enemy.
(d) He positioned them on the right side of the enemy.
12. Where was the special force camp Hackworth's new unit was supposed to relieve located at?
(a) Twan Wang.
(b) The Kwai river.
(c) Han Chang.
(d) Tou Murong.
13. When was Hackworth assigned as advisor to the Airborne Division?
(a) November 1969.
(b) November 1968.
(c) November 1970.
(d) November 1971.
14. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
(a) 4 Stars Generals.
(b) 3 Stars Generals.
(c) 1 Star Generals.
(d) 2 Stars Generals.
15. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
(a) The Chief of Staff.
(b) General Westmoreland.
(c) General Watson.
(d) President Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
2. When was John Hayes assigned to command Hackworth's Brigade?
3. What volunteer force joined Hackworth's unit?
4. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
5. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)