|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nickname of Hackworth's new commanding officer?
(c) The Man.
(d) Easy Marsh.
2. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
(a) General Snown.
(b) General MacMillan.
(c) General Zais.
(d) General Smith.
3. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1964.
(b) August 1969.
(c) August 1965.
(d) August 1962.
4. What was emphasized as a measurement of success in Vietnam?
(a) Number of air sorties.
(b) Number of men lost.
(c) Number of missions done.
(d) Body count.
5. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
(a) In Austin.
(b) In Los Angeles.
(c) In Colorado Springs.
(d) In New York.
6. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 22 months.
(d) 2 months.
7. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
(a) The media victory.
(b) The psychological victory.
(c) The popular victory.
(d) The tactical victory.
8. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
(a) Ira Weng.
(b) Markus Stubber.
(c) Maxwell D. Taylor.
(d) John Smith.
9. What did Hackworth decide between trips to the U.S.?
(a) That he wanted to stay in the army as long as possible.
(b) That he wanted to resign his commission.
(c) That he wanted to teach.
(d) That his marriage with Patty was over.
10. In what task force was Hackworth involved in 1963?
11. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
(a) New York.
(b) Bunker, Virginia.
(c) Washington, D.C.
12. What did Hackworth say of the year 1966?
(a) The worst year of his career.
(b) The year he made an enemy of General Johnson.
(c) The year he lost his stars.
(d) It was the year he established himself.
13. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Attleboro.
(b) Operation Hammer.
(c) Operation Claw.
(d) Operation Pounder.
14. When was Joel Hackworth born?
(a) When Hackworth divorced Patty.
(b) In 1975.
(c) When Hackworth was to sent to Vietnam.
(d) When Hackworth was wounded by rocket fire.
15. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
(a) Austin Pevy College.
(b) St. Vincent College.
(c) Austin Community College.
(d) West Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Night Hunters?
2. What position did Hackworth accept after being wounded?
3. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
4. What did Hackworth want to do after his first tour of duty in Vietnam ended in Chapter 16?
5. What was Hackworth assigned to after returning to the U.S.?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)