|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in command of Hackworth's brigade in Vietnam?
(a) Colonel Smith.
(b) Colonel Frank.
(c) Colonel Hunt.
(d) Colonel MacAlister.
2. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
(a) Fighting on small islands.
(b) Fighting low level terrorists.
(c) Fighting with nuclear weapons.
(d) Toward the European battlefield.
3. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
(a) General Smith.
(b) General Snown.
(c) General Zais.
(d) General MacMillan.
4. What was the name of the unit Hackworth was sent to Vietnam with in Chapter 14?
(a) The Baring Elephants 1st Brigade.
(b) The Roaring Lions 1st Brigade.
(c) The Hissing Snakes 1st Brigade.
(d) The Screaming Eagles 1st Brigade.
5. What 1969 battle did Hackworth's men participate in?
(a) The Thanksgiving offensive.
(b) Operation Hammer.
(c) The Tet Offensive.
(d) The WyDong Offensive.
6. Who was Secretary of the Army in 1969?
(a) Timothy Maxwell.
(b) Jack Kubrick.
(c) Stanley Resor.
(d) John Soppeman.
7. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
(a) 2 Stars Generals.
(b) 1 Star Generals.
(c) 4 Stars Generals.
(d) 3 Stars Generals.
8. What was Hackworth responsible for in the Pentagon, according to Chapter 17?
(a) The Army detail protecting Washington, D.C.
(b) The Army service schools in the U.S.
(c) The Army weapons contract payments.
(d) The Army supply going to Vietnam.
9. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
(a) The Vietcong knew of Operation Bertha in advance.
(b) The Vietcong knew of Operation Gibraltar in advance.
(c) The Vietcong knew of Operation Shield in advance.
(d) The Vietcong knew of Operation Hammer in advance.
10. Where did Hackworth tell his wife to go during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) To a cabin in the mountains.
(b) To a house near the sea.
(c) To Canada.
(d) To Mexico.
11. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
(a) Bunker, Virginia.
(b) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
12. When was Joel Hackworth born?
(a) When Hackworth was to sent to Vietnam.
(b) When Hackworth was wounded by rocket fire.
(c) In 1975.
(d) When Hackworth divorced Patty.
13. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
(a) General Westmoreland.
(b) General Maxwell.
(c) General Smith.
(d) General McPherson.
14. What was becoming known about the NVA?
(a) They used Mig planes.
(b) They were supported by China.
(c) They had better weapons.
(d) They were operating out of Cambodia.
15. How often were Commanding Officers rotated in Vietnam?
(a) Every 6 months.
(b) Every 5 months.
(c) Every 3 months.
(d) Every 12 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was John Hayes assigned to command Hackworth's Brigade?
2. What were the Night Hunters?
3. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
4. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
5. Where did Hackworth spend some R&R in 1966?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)