|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What operation previously considered stunning did Hackworth study?
(a) Operation Pounder.
(b) Operation Hammer.
(c) Operation Attleboro.
(d) Operation Claw.
2. When was Hackworth assigned as advisor to the Airborne Division?
(a) November 1968.
(b) November 1970.
(c) November 1971.
(d) November 1969.
3. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
(a) Austin Pevy College.
(b) West Point.
(c) St. Vincent College.
(d) Austin Community College.
4. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) In Colorado Springs.
(c) In Austin.
(d) In New York.
5. Why did Hackworth refuse to be evacuated to Japan?
(a) He was afraid of poor care.
(b) He would have lost his command.
(c) He wanted to write the mission reports himself.
(d) He wanted to stay with his mistress.
6. How long did Hackworth stay in the U.S. after returning from Vietnam?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 22 months.
7. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
(a) Captains Murphy and Emerson.
(b) Captains Markus and Steven.
(c) Captain Bluwater and Hash.
(d) Captains Johnson and Murphy.
8. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
(a) SWIFT RETALIATION III
(b) SWIFT STRIKE IV
(c) LONG STRIKE III
(d) SWIFT STRIKE III
9. What type of victory was the Vietcong according to Hackworth?
(a) The tactical victory.
(b) The popular victory.
(c) The psychological victory.
(d) The media victory.
10. What country did Hackworth visit with the ARVN?
11. What did the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff name the restructuration program of the Army?
12. Where did Hackworth go after An Kle?
(a) Di An.
(b) Gi Han.
(c) Twi Phu.
(d) Wi Bi.
13. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
(a) General MacMillan.
(b) General Snown.
(c) General Smith.
(d) General Zais.
14. What position did Hackworth occupy at the time of the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) G-7 Operationg Officer.
(b) G-3 Operationg Officer.
(c) G-4 Operationg Officer.
(d) G-5 Operationg Officer.
15. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1964.
(b) August 1962.
(c) August 1969.
(d) August 1965.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth feel the politicians and generals did not know according to Chapter 19?
2. What were the Night Hunters?
3. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
4. Who was killed during the operation in Chapter 15?
5. What position did Hackworth accept in Chapter 18?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)