|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made taking North Korean prisoners risky for Hackworth?
(a) North Korean troops were marching towards his position.
(b) He was outnumbered.
(c) His rifle was empty.
(d) The prisoner was larger than him.
2. Who was the commanding officer of the Ranger unit that Third platoon joined?
(a) Captain John Scagnelli.
(b) Captain Mark Stubert.
(c) Captain John Maxwell.
(d) Captain Ira Wenmann.
3. What was waning as Hackworth became an officer?
(a) The American Winter retreat.
(b) The South Korean fall stand off.
(c) The Chinese Spring Offensive.
(d) The North Korean Summer Offensive.
4. When was Hackworth transferred to the battle group Combat Support Company?
(a) January 1962.
(b) January 1966.
(c) August 1963.
(d) May 1961.
5. What promotion did Hackworth receive before leaving Germany?
(d) Master Sergeant.
6. What did Joe Rice make safer?
(b) Combat rations.
7. How many of Hackworth's men were wounded during the capture of the hill?
(a) All, but 10.
(b) All, but 2.
(c) Half of his force.
(d) 2 soldiers.
8. What did Easy company spend their time in reserve doing?
(a) Treating wounded.
(b) Building roads.
(c) Playing poker.
9. Where was F company stationed?
(a) In a place called the Space.
(b) In a place called the Gap.
(c) In a place called the Hole.
(d) In a place called the In-between.
10. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
(a) June 25, 1950.
(b) June 25, 1951.
(c) June 25, 1952.
(d) June 5, 1950.
11. About what did Hackworth and his men learn thanks to North Korean soldiers they took prisoner?
(a) Troop movements.
(b) Korean morale.
(c) Troop supplies.
(d) Korean tactics.
12. Where was Hackworth assigned after completing his training?
(a) Battery D of the 77th AAA.
(b) Battery A of the 7th AAA.
(c) Battery C of the 77th AAA.
(d) Battery C of the 177th AAA.
13. Where was Hackworth assigned to after his promotion?
(a) Able Company.
(b) Dog Company.
(c) Easy Company.
(d) Bravo Company.
14. What regiment was Hackworth assigned to upon arriving in Korea in Chapter 4?
(a) 37th Infantry Regiment.
(b) 27th Infantry Regiment.
(c) 17th Infantry Regiment.
(d) 7th Infantry Regiment.
15. What did Hackworth think of the war when he arrived in Korea?
(a) He thought it needed more troops.
(b) He thought it was won.
(c) He thought it was lost.
(d) He thought the Chinese made the war unfair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Hackworth and his platoon required to ask permission of Lt.Gilchrist before using?
2. When was Seoul taken by North Korean soldiers?
3. When did Hackworth reapply for the army?
4. When did Easy company join the United Nations in a joint operation?
5. What platoon was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)