|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hackworth assigned to after his promotion?
(a) Dog Company.
(b) Able Company.
(c) Bravo Company.
(d) Easy Company.
2. What officer's club did Hackworth say he got drunk at?
(a) The 5th Fleet Officer Club.
(b) The Fifth Air Force Officer Club.
(c) The First Army Officer Club.
(d) The 101st Airborne Officer Club.
3. What did Hackworth let his hierarchy know?
(a) That he wanted to resign.
(b) That he was unhappy with his assignment.
(c) That he wanted to stay in California.
(d) That he was happy to teach.
4. Who position did Hackworth occupy in the 108th Army Group?
(a) Group Training Officer.
(b) Group Logistic Officer.
(c) Group Intelligence Officer.
(d) Group Supply Officer.
5. What was the name of the company commander?
(a) Captain Ernie.
(b) Captain Markus.
(c) Captain Michaely.
(d) Captain Smith.
6. When were the Raiders disbanded?
(a) While Hackworth was recovering from an arm infection.
(b) Two years after the war ended.
(d) After Hackworth's transfer to the U.S.
7. When did Easy company join the United Nations in a joint operation?
(a) End of August.
(b) End of May.
(c) End of July.
(d) End of March.
8. Who announced to Hackworth and his men that they would have to reinforce Berlin?
9. Why did Hackworth enlist in the army according to Chapter 2?
(a) To meet girls.
(b) To travel.
(c) To fight Communists.
(d) To protect the country.
10. What nickname did Hackworth get while assigned to the Combat Support Company?
(c) The Destroyer.
(d) The Animal.
11. When did Hackworth reapply for the army?
(a) December 1955.
(b) December 1956.
(c) December 1958.
(d) December 1957.
12. Where was Hackworth ordered to report after coming back to the U.S?
(a) Fort Benning.
(b) Fort Bragg.
(c) Fort Adams.
(d) Fort Collins.
13. Why did Hackworth scout the hill?
(a) Roads for tanks.
(b) Opportunity targets.
(c) Gun positions.
(d) A weak point.
14. Where was Company D sent to?
(a) Berlin Air Force Base.
(d) Tempelhof Air Force Base.
15. What did Hackworth think of the war when he arrived in Korea?
(a) He thought the Chinese made the war unfair.
(b) He thought it was won.
(c) He thought it needed more troops.
(d) He thought it was lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Easy company spend their time in reserve doing?
2. Who was Hackworth reunited with at his new position?
3. What Battalion was Colonel Locke in charge of?
4. Where did Hackworth's unit spend time every few months?
5. What hospital was Hackworth transferred to after his head injury?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)