|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turned out to be a spy in Chapter 11?
(a) Jeff Bradley.
(b) John Steven.
(c) Jack Kragger.
(d) Harold Borger.
2. When did Hackworth decide he did not want to become an officer according to Chapter 5?
(a) After 3 years in the Army.
(b) After 4 years in the Army.
(c) After 5 years in the Army.
(d) After 2 years in the Army.
3. Why was Hackworth not able to finish his meal in Chapter 1?
(a) Because of an air attack.
(b) Because of a sniper.
(c) Because he shared it with his men.
(d) Because of a tank coming his way.
4. What hospital was Hackworth transferred to after his head injury?
(a) USS Haven.
(b) USS Aurora.
(c) USS Poseidon.
(d) USS Hope.
5. What did Hackworth think of the war when he arrived in Korea?
(a) He thought it was won.
(b) He thought the Chinese made the war unfair.
(c) He thought it was lost.
(d) He thought it needed more troops.
6. What did Hackworth let his hierarchy know?
(a) That he was happy to teach.
(b) That he was unhappy with his assignment.
(c) That he wanted to resign.
(d) That he wanted to stay in California.
7. During what operation did Hackworth become the assistant to the platoon sergeant?
(a) Objective Baracuda.
(b) Objective South.
(c) Objective Logan.
(d) Objective Simon.
8. What made taking North Korean prisoners risky for Hackworth?
(a) His rifle was empty.
(b) He was outnumbered.
(c) North Korean troops were marching towards his position.
(d) The prisoner was larger than him.
9. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
(a) June 25, 1951.
(b) June 25, 1952.
(c) June 25, 1950.
(d) June 5, 1950.
10. When were the Raiders disbanded?
(a) While Hackworth was recovering from an arm infection.
(c) After Hackworth's transfer to the U.S.
(d) Two years after the war ended.
11. Why did Hackworth scout the hill?
(a) Gun positions.
(b) Roads for tanks.
(c) A weak point.
(d) Opportunity targets.
12. What was Company D rated according to Chapter 12?
(a) Above average.
(c) The best company.
13. Who announced to Hackworth and his men that they would have to reinforce Berlin?
14. What did Hackworth decide he wanted to do?
(a) Become a General.
(b) Become a training officer in Vietnam.
(c) Learn German.
(d) Teach military tactics.
15. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
(a) The 1st Cavalier Division.
(b) The 87th Airborne Division.
(c) The 5th Air Group.
(d) The 101st Airborne Division.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hackworth and the medic find more North Koreans soldiers before the North Korean counterattack?
2. What regiment was Hackworth assigned to upon arriving in Korea in Chapter 4?
3. What platoon was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 1?
4. What Battalion was Colonel Locke in charge of?
5. Where was Hackworth assigned to after his promotion?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)