|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Hackworth ordered to report after coming back to the U.S?
(a) Fort Benning.
(b) Fort Bragg.
(c) Fort Collins.
(d) Fort Adams.
2. Who commanded the tanks that came to assist G company?
(a) Master Sergeant Smith.
(b) Master Sergeant Victor.
(c) Master Sergeant Sherman.
(d) Master Sergeant Frances.
3. When was Hackworth's unit told they were going on reserve?
(a) When they started going through the Hani Valley.
(b) When they started going through the Than Valley.
(c) When they started going through the Chorwan Valley.
(d) When they started going through the Wang Valley.
4. What was the name of the company commander?
(a) Captain Markus.
(b) Captain Michaely.
(c) Captain Smith.
(d) Captain Ernie.
5. What officer's club did Hackworth say he got drunk at?
(a) The Fifth Air Force Officer Club.
(b) The 5th Fleet Officer Club.
(c) The First Army Officer Club.
(d) The 101st Airborne Officer Club.
6. What hill were the Raiders asked to take in Chapter 7?
(a) Hill 200.
(b) Hill 400.
(c) Hill 250.
(d) Hill 40.
7. Why was Hackworth not able to finish his meal in Chapter 1?
(a) Because of an air attack.
(b) Because of a tank coming his way.
(c) Because he shared it with his men.
(d) Because of a sniper.
8. Where did Hackworth and the medic find more North Koreans soldiers before the North Korean counterattack?
(a) In a trench.
(b) In a house.
(c) In a broken down vehicle.
(d) In a bunker.
9. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
(a) June 25, 1950.
(b) June 5, 1950.
(c) June 25, 1952.
(d) June 25, 1951.
10. When were the Raiders disbanded?
(a) After Hackworth's transfer to the U.S.
(c) While Hackworth was recovering from an arm infection.
(d) Two years after the war ended.
11. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
(a) The 5th Air Group.
(b) The 1st Cavalier Division.
(c) The 87th Airborne Division.
(d) The 101st Airborne Division.
12. How many raids did Hackworth and his unit complete before going for 5 days of R&R?
13. Whose minefield did Hackworth talk about negotiating in Chapter 5?
(b) South Korean.
(c) North Korean.
14. Where did Hackworth receive air defense training?
(a) Fort Monroe.
(b) Fort Owen.
(c) Fort Bliss.
(d) Fort Ross.
15. Who initiated the Reduction in Force program?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) President Eisenhower.
(d) President Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hill where the North Korean were stationed called?
2. What did Hackworth's men start calling themselves?
3. What was waning as Hackworth became an officer?
4. What regiment was Hackworth assigned to upon arriving in Korea in Chapter 4?
5. Who was Colonel Locke replaced by?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)