|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was assigned Hackworth during his second tour of duty in Chapter 9?
(a) The 20th Colorado National Guard Division.
(b) The 37th Nevada National Guard Division.
(c) The 40th California National Guard Division.
(d) The 15th New York National Guard Division.
2. What hospital was Hackworth transferred to after his head injury?
(a) USS Aurora.
(b) USS Hope.
(c) USS Poseidon.
(d) USS Haven.
3. What did Hackworth teach?
(a) 19th century military tactics.
(b) English to the locals.
(c) The group's own training classes.
4. What nickname did Hackworth get while assigned to the Combat Support Company?
(a) The Destroyer.
(d) The Animal.
5. When did Hackworth enlist in the Army?
(a) May 2, 1946.
(b) June 20,1946.
(c) May 20, 1946.
(d) May 20, 1949.
6. What did Hackworth think of the war when he arrived in Korea?
(a) He thought the Chinese made the war unfair.
(b) He thought it was won.
(c) He thought it was lost.
(d) He thought it needed more troops.
7. Why did Hackworth and Colonel Young have a series of confrontations?
(a) Hackworth's unorthodox methods.
(b) Hackworth's refusal to follow orders.
(c) Hackworth's constant training.
(d) Hackworth's lack of control of his men.
8. Who position did Hackworth occupy in the 108th Army Group?
(a) Group Supply Officer.
(b) Group Logistic Officer.
(c) Group Intelligence Officer.
(d) Group Training Officer.
9. Where was Company D sent to?
(a) Berlin Air Force Base.
(b) Tempelhof Air Force Base.
10. Where was Hackworth treated for his wounds?
(a) A German Hospital.
(b) A Japanese Hospital.
(c) A Swedish hospital.
(d) A French Hospital.
11. What did Hackworth let his hierarchy know?
(a) That he was unhappy with his assignment.
(b) That he wanted to resign.
(c) That he was happy to teach.
(d) That he wanted to stay in California.
12. Who turned out to be a spy in Chapter 11?
(a) Jeff Bradley.
(b) Harold Borger.
(c) John Steven.
(d) Jack Kragger.
13. Who initiated the Reduction in Force program?
(a) President Eisenhower.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) President Nixon.
(d) President Johnson.
14. Why did Hackworth scout the hill?
(a) A weak point.
(b) Opportunity targets.
(c) Gun positions.
(d) Roads for tanks.
15. What made taking North Korean prisoners risky for Hackworth?
(a) He was outnumbered.
(b) His rifle was empty.
(c) The prisoner was larger than him.
(d) North Korean troops were marching towards his position.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the United Nations armies cross the 38th parallel?
2. Who did Hackworth marry?
3. Why was Hackworth not able to finish his meal in Chapter 1?
4. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
5. Where was Hackworth wounded, according to Chapter 7?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)