|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did Hackworth select for his new unit?
2. Why did Hackworth scout the hill?
(a) A weak point.
(b) Gun positions.
(c) Opportunity targets.
(d) Roads for tanks.
3. Who was in command of the Task Force that took Suwon back from the North Koreans?
(a) Captain Steve Prazenka.
(b) Colonel Minit.
(c) Captain Michaely.
4. Who initiated the Reduction in Force program?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) President Johnson.
(c) President Nixon.
(d) President Eisenhower.
5. What did Hackworth think of the war when he arrived in Korea?
(a) He thought it was lost.
(b) He thought it was won.
(c) He thought it needed more troops.
(d) He thought the Chinese made the war unfair.
6. When was Hackworth's unit told they were going on reserve?
(a) When they started going through the Than Valley.
(b) When they started going through the Wang Valley.
(c) When they started going through the Chorwan Valley.
(d) When they started going through the Hani Valley.
7. During what operation did Hackworth become the assistant to the platoon sergeant?
(a) Objective Logan.
(b) Objective Baracuda.
(c) Objective South.
(d) Objective Simon.
8. What job did Hackworth take while attending college?
(b) Car repairman.
(c) Part time salesman.
9. What hill were the Raiders asked to take in Chapter 7?
(a) Hill 250.
(b) Hill 200.
(c) Hill 40.
(d) Hill 400.
10. Who was Colonel Locke replaced by?
(a) Major Ralph Kregger.
(b) Major Jack Hemingway.
(c) Major Smith.
(d) Major Mark Lauret.
11. What Battalion was Colonel Locke in charge of?
(a) Second Battalion.
(b) Sixth Battalion.
(c) Fourth Battalion.
(d) Third Battalion.
12. Where did Hackworth and the medic find more North Koreans soldiers before the North Korean counterattack?
(a) In a broken down vehicle.
(b) In a bunker.
(c) In a house.
(d) In a trench.
13. What was Objective Jake Able?
(a) A river.
(b) A small school in the middle of flat land.
(c) A fort.
(d) A craggy, almost vertical hill.
14. What was the hill where the North Korean were stationed called?
(a) Hamburger Hill.
(b) The No Name Hill.
(c) The Small Hill.
(d) Hill Wang.
15. What did Hackworth let his hierarchy know?
(a) That he was unhappy with his assignment.
(b) That he was happy to teach.
(c) That he wanted to resign.
(d) That he wanted to stay in California.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Raiders disbanded?
2. What was Company D rated according to Chapter 12?
3. Where did Hackworth's unit spend time every few months?
4. Why did the North Koreans have an advantage in fighting F Company?
5. What did Hackworth's men start calling themselves?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)