|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the unit Hackworth created called?
(a) The Hackworth's Rangers.
(b) The Killers.
(c) The Wolfhound Raiders.
(d) The Roaring Tigers.
2. Who did Hackworth marry?
(a) Sophie Moore.
(b) Patty Stanford.
(c) Patty Leonard.
(d) Antonia Martin.
3. Why did the North Koreans have an advantage in fighting F Company?
(a) They had better soldiers.
(b) They had better air support.
(c) They had better weapons.
(d) They knew the terrain better.
4. Where was Hackworth wounded, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Legs and back.
(b) Back and head.
(c) Legs and arms.
(d) Arm and chest.
5. What was Hackworth's working on in Germany?
(a) His Bachelor's degree.
(b) His Master's degree.
(c) His Associate's degree.
(d) His Doctorate.
6. Why did Hackworth and Colonel Young have a series of confrontations?
(a) Hackworth's unorthodox methods.
(b) Hackworth's refusal to follow orders.
(c) Hackworth's lack of control of his men.
(d) Hackworth's constant training.
7. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
(a) General Ridgeway.
(b) General Martin.
(c) General Khan.
(d) General Eisenhower.
8. What hospital was Hackworth transferred to after his head injury?
(a) USS Poseidon.
(b) USS Aurora.
(c) USS Haven.
(d) USS Hope.
9. Who announced to Hackworth and his men that they would have to reinforce Berlin?
10. What was waning as Hackworth became an officer?
(a) The North Korean Summer Offensive.
(b) The American Winter retreat.
(c) The South Korean fall stand off.
(d) The Chinese Spring Offensive.
11. Where was F company stationed?
(a) In a place called the Space.
(b) In a place called the Hole.
(c) In a place called the Gap.
(d) In a place called the In-between.
12. Where was Hackworth treated for his wounds?
(a) A Japanese Hospital.
(b) A Swedish hospital.
(c) A German Hospital.
(d) A French Hospital.
13. Where was Hackworth assigned to after his promotion?
(a) Dog Company.
(b) Easy Company.
(c) Able Company.
(d) Bravo Company.
14. When was Hackworth's unit told they were going on reserve?
(a) When they started going through the Wang Valley.
(b) When they started going through the Chorwan Valley.
(c) When they started going through the Hani Valley.
(d) When they started going through the Than Valley.
15. Until when did Hackworth hold the position of Group HQ Battery CO?
(a) August 1959.
(b) August 1957.
(d) August 1958.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hackworth return to his unit in Korea?
2. Where was assigned Hackworth during his second tour of duty in Chapter 9?
3. Who position did Hackworth occupy in the 108th Army Group?
4. Where did Hackworth settle in and attend college?
5. What did Hackworth decide he wanted to do?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)