|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Hackworth and his platoon required to ask permission of Lt.Gilchrist before using?
(a) The latrine.
(b) Their rifles.
(c) Their canteen.
(d) Their grenades.
2. Who was the commanding officer of the Ranger unit that Third platoon joined?
(a) Captain Ira Wenmann.
(b) Captain John Scagnelli.
(c) Captain John Maxwell.
(d) Captain Mark Stubert.
3. About what did Hackworth and his men learn thanks to North Korean soldiers they took prisoner?
(a) Korean tactics.
(b) Troop supplies.
(c) Troop movements.
(d) Korean morale.
4. Where was assigned Hackworth during his second tour of duty in Chapter 9?
(a) The 40th California National Guard Division.
(b) The 15th New York National Guard Division.
(c) The 20th Colorado National Guard Division.
(d) The 37th Nevada National Guard Division.
5. When did Hackworth enlist in the Army?
(a) June 20,1946.
(b) May 2, 1946.
(c) May 20, 1946.
(d) May 20, 1949.
6. Where was Hackworth processed before leaving the Army according to Chapter 10?
(a) Fort Adams.
(b) Fort Atkinson.
(c) Fort Mitchell.
(d) Fort Mason.
7. Where was Hackworth assigned after completing his training?
(a) Battery C of the 177th AAA.
(b) Battery C of the 77th AAA.
(c) Battery A of the 7th AAA.
(d) Battery D of the 77th AAA.
8. During what operation did Hackworth become the assistant to the platoon sergeant?
(a) Objective South.
(b) Objective Logan.
(c) Objective Simon.
(d) Objective Baracuda.
9. What was the name of the company commander?
(a) Captain Michaely.
(b) Captain Ernie.
(c) Captain Smith.
(d) Captain Markus.
10. What name did Hackworth give his company?
(a) Best Company.
(b) The Immortals.
(c) Killer Company.
(d) Fighter Company.
11. What was the name of the medic assigned with Hackworth?
(b) De Rich.
(c) Van Mieter.
12. What was the hill where the North Korean were stationed called?
(a) Hamburger Hill.
(b) The Small Hill.
(c) The No Name Hill.
(d) Hill Wang.
13. Where did Hackworth receive air defense training?
(a) Fort Bliss.
(b) Fort Owen.
(c) Fort Monroe.
(d) Fort Ross.
14. What was Company D rated according to Chapter 12?
(a) Above average.
(d) The best company.
15. Where was Hackworth wounded, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Back and head.
(b) Legs and arms.
(c) Legs and back.
(d) Arm and chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hackworth transferred to the battle group Combat Support Company?
2. Who commanded the tanks that came to assist G company?
3. Where was Company D sent to?
4. Who were the Korean nationals under the command of?
5. When did Easy company join the United Nations in a joint operation?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)