|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did Hackworth select for his new unit?
2. When did Hackworth decide he did not want to become an officer according to Chapter 5?
(a) After 2 years in the Army.
(b) After 5 years in the Army.
(c) After 3 years in the Army.
(d) After 4 years in the Army.
3. Why was Hackworth not able to finish his meal in Chapter 1?
(a) Because of an air attack.
(b) Because he shared it with his men.
(c) Because of a tank coming his way.
(d) Because of a sniper.
4. Who came to visit Hackworth on the front?
(a) Mark Stevens.
(b) Fred Crispino.
(c) Gail Herart.
(d) Jack Markus.
5. What nickname did Hackworth get while assigned to the Combat Support Company?
(a) The Destroyer.
(c) The Animal.
6. What hospital was Hackworth transferred to after his head injury?
(a) USS Haven.
(b) USS Aurora.
(c) USS Poseidon.
(d) USS Hope.
7. Why did Hackworth refuse to leave the hill after being wounded?
(a) He didn't consider his wound serious.
(b) He didn't want to lose his command.
(c) He wanted to be credited for the victory.
(d) He wanted a prisoner.
8. What did Easy company spend their time in reserve doing?
(b) Building roads.
(c) Treating wounded.
(d) Playing poker.
9. Where was Hackworth wounded, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Legs and back.
(b) Arm and chest.
(c) Legs and arms.
(d) Back and head.
10. Where were the wounded transported after being treated at MASH?
(c) San Francisco.
11. Who was in command of the Task Force that took Suwon back from the North Koreans?
(b) Colonel Minit.
(c) Captain Michaely.
(d) Captain Steve Prazenka.
12. When were the Raiders disbanded?
(a) Two years after the war ended.
(c) After Hackworth's transfer to the U.S.
(d) While Hackworth was recovering from an arm infection.
13. When did Hackworth enlist in the Army?
(a) June 20,1946.
(b) May 20, 1946.
(c) May 2, 1946.
(d) May 20, 1949.
14. Until when did Hackworth hold the position of Group HQ Battery CO?
(a) August 1957.
(c) August 1959.
(d) August 1958.
15. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
(a) The 101st Airborne Division.
(b) The 87th Airborne Division.
(c) The 1st Cavalier Division.
(d) The 5th Air Group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who position did Hackworth occupy in the 108th Army Group?
2. What did Hackworth let his hierarchy know?
3. What Battalion was Colonel Locke in charge of?
4. Where was assigned Hackworth during his second tour of duty in Chapter 9?
5. What was Objective Jake Able?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)