|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hackworth's working on in Germany?
(a) His Master's degree.
(b) His Bachelor's degree.
(c) His Doctorate.
(d) His Associate's degree.
2. Why did Hackworth scout the hill?
(a) Roads for tanks.
(b) Gun positions.
(c) A weak point.
(d) Opportunity targets.
3. What did Joe Rice make safer?
(a) Combat rations.
4. During what operation did Hackworth become the assistant to the platoon sergeant?
(a) Objective Logan.
(b) Objective South.
(c) Objective Baracuda.
(d) Objective Simon.
5. Where was Hackworth processed before leaving the Army according to Chapter 10?
(a) Fort Atkinson.
(b) Fort Mason.
(c) Fort Mitchell.
(d) Fort Adams.
6. Where was assigned Hackworth during his second tour of duty in Chapter 9?
(a) The 20th Colorado National Guard Division.
(b) The 15th New York National Guard Division.
(c) The 40th California National Guard Division.
(d) The 37th Nevada National Guard Division.
7. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
(a) General Martin.
(b) General Ridgeway.
(c) General Eisenhower.
(d) General Khan.
8. Where was Company D sent to?
(a) Berlin Air Force Base.
(d) Tempelhof Air Force Base.
9. What hill were the Raiders asked to take in Chapter 7?
(a) Hill 400.
(b) Hill 40.
(c) Hill 200.
(d) Hill 250.
10. Who came to visit Hackworth on the front?
(a) Mark Stevens.
(b) Fred Crispino.
(c) Gail Herart.
(d) Jack Markus.
11. Where was Hackworth assigned to after his promotion?
(a) Easy Company.
(b) Able Company.
(c) Bravo Company.
(d) Dog Company.
12. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
(a) June 5, 1950.
(b) June 25, 1950.
(c) June 25, 1951.
(d) June 25, 1952.
13. What hospital was Hackworth transferred to after his head injury?
(a) USS Hope.
(b) USS Poseidon.
(c) USS Haven.
(d) USS Aurora.
14. What name did Hackworth give his company?
(a) Killer Company.
(b) Fighter Company.
(c) The Immortals.
(d) Best Company.
15. Who initiated the Reduction in Force program?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) President Eisenhower.
(c) President Nixon.
(d) President Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who position did Hackworth occupy in the 108th Army Group?
2. Where was Hackworth treated for his wounds?
3. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
4. When was Seoul taken by North Korean soldiers?
5. Where was Hackworth assigned after completing his training?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)