|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commanded the tanks that came to assist G company?
(a) Master Sergeant Victor.
(b) Master Sergeant Smith.
(c) Master Sergeant Sherman.
(d) Master Sergeant Frances.
2. Why was Hackworth not able to finish his meal in Chapter 1?
(a) Because of an air attack.
(b) Because he shared it with his men.
(c) Because of a sniper.
(d) Because of a tank coming his way.
3. What hospital was Hackworth transferred to after his head injury?
(a) USS Haven.
(b) USS Poseidon.
(c) USS Aurora.
(d) USS Hope.
4. Who was President during the Berlin crisis?
5. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
(a) June 5, 1950.
(b) June 25, 1952.
(c) June 25, 1950.
(d) June 25, 1951.
6. What was Hackworth's working on in Germany?
(a) His Associate's degree.
(b) His Master's degree.
(c) His Bachelor's degree.
(d) His Doctorate.
7. When did Hackworth reapply for the army?
(a) December 1958.
(b) December 1956.
(c) December 1955.
(d) December 1957.
8. Who position did Hackworth occupy in the 108th Army Group?
(a) Group Supply Officer.
(b) Group Training Officer.
(c) Group Intelligence Officer.
(d) Group Logistic Officer.
9. When was Hackworth's unit told they were going on reserve?
(a) When they started going through the Chorwan Valley.
(b) When they started going through the Wang Valley.
(c) When they started going through the Hani Valley.
(d) When they started going through the Than Valley.
10. What regiment was Hackworth assigned to upon arriving in Korea in Chapter 4?
(a) 7th Infantry Regiment.
(b) 27th Infantry Regiment.
(c) 37th Infantry Regiment.
(d) 17th Infantry Regiment.
11. What officer's club did Hackworth say he got drunk at?
(a) The Fifth Air Force Officer Club.
(b) The First Army Officer Club.
(c) The 101st Airborne Officer Club.
(d) The 5th Fleet Officer Club.
12. Where did Hackworth settle in and attend college?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Santa Monica.
(c) New York.
13. When were the Raiders disbanded?
(b) Two years after the war ended.
(c) While Hackworth was recovering from an arm infection.
(d) After Hackworth's transfer to the U.S.
14. When did Hackworth decide he did not want to become an officer according to Chapter 5?
(a) After 2 years in the Army.
(b) After 3 years in the Army.
(c) After 4 years in the Army.
(d) After 5 years in the Army.
15. What did Hackworth decide he wanted to do?
(a) Learn German.
(b) Become a training officer in Vietnam.
(c) Teach military tactics.
(d) Become a General.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in command of the Task Force that took Suwon back from the North Koreans?
2. When did the United Nations armies cross the 38th parallel?
3. What did Joe Rice make safer?
4. Where did Hackworth receive air defense training?
5. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)