|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Hackworth reapply for the army?
(a) December 1958.
(b) December 1957.
(c) December 1955.
(d) December 1956.
2. What did Hackworth teach?
(a) English to the locals.
(c) 19th century military tactics.
(d) The group's own training classes.
3. What officer's club did Hackworth say he got drunk at?
(a) The 5th Fleet Officer Club.
(b) The 101st Airborne Officer Club.
(c) The Fifth Air Force Officer Club.
(d) The First Army Officer Club.
4. What birthday did Hackworth spend in the hospital?
(a) His 24th.
(b) His 21st.
(c) His 27th.
(d) His 26th.
5. What was Company D rated according to Chapter 12?
(c) The best company.
(d) Above average.
6. Why did Hackworth enlist in the army according to Chapter 2?
(a) To meet girls.
(b) To fight Communists.
(c) To protect the country.
(d) To travel.
7. What was the name of the company commander?
(a) Captain Markus.
(b) Captain Ernie.
(c) Captain Michaely.
(d) Captain Smith.
8. Where was Hackworth assigned to after his promotion?
(a) Dog Company.
(b) Able Company.
(c) Bravo Company.
(d) Easy Company.
9. Where was Company D sent to?
(c) Berlin Air Force Base.
(d) Tempelhof Air Force Base.
10. Where was F company stationed?
(a) In a place called the Gap.
(b) In a place called the Hole.
(c) In a place called the Space.
(d) In a place called the In-between.
11. What was the hill where the North Korean were stationed called?
(a) The Small Hill.
(b) Hamburger Hill.
(c) Hill Wang.
(d) The No Name Hill.
12. Whose minefield did Hackworth talk about negotiating in Chapter 5?
(a) South Korean.
(c) North Korean.
13. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
(a) General Khan.
(b) General Eisenhower.
(c) General Ridgeway.
(d) General Martin.
14. Who was the commanding officer of the Ranger unit that Third platoon joined?
(a) Captain Mark Stubert.
(b) Captain Ira Wenmann.
(c) Captain John Scagnelli.
(d) Captain John Maxwell.
15. Where did Hackworth receive air defense training?
(a) Fort Bliss.
(b) Fort Ross.
(c) Fort Monroe.
(d) Fort Owen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Easy company spend their time in reserve doing?
2. What was Objective Jake Able?
3. What was Hackworth's working on in Germany?
4. Who was Colonel Locke replaced by?
5. When was Hackworth transferred to the battle group Combat Support Company?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)