|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joe Rice make safer?
(d) Combat rations.
2. What was waning as Hackworth became an officer?
(a) The American Winter retreat.
(b) The South Korean fall stand off.
(c) The North Korean Summer Offensive.
(d) The Chinese Spring Offensive.
3. Who came to visit Hackworth on the front?
(a) Gail Herart.
(b) Fred Crispino.
(c) Mark Stevens.
(d) Jack Markus.
4. Who was in command of the Task Force that took Suwon back from the North Koreans?
(b) Colonel Minit.
(c) Captain Steve Prazenka.
(d) Captain Michaely.
5. Where was Hackworth processed before leaving the Army according to Chapter 10?
(a) Fort Atkinson.
(b) Fort Adams.
(c) Fort Mason.
(d) Fort Mitchell.
6. When did Hackworth enlist in the Army?
(a) May 20, 1946.
(b) June 20,1946.
(c) May 2, 1946.
(d) May 20, 1949.
7. Who was the commanding officer of the Ranger unit that Third platoon joined?
(a) Captain John Maxwell.
(b) Captain Ira Wenmann.
(c) Captain John Scagnelli.
(d) Captain Mark Stubert.
8. Who became Hackworth's mentor according to Chapter 2?
(a) Sergeant Steve Prazenka.
(b) Captain Sowal.
(c) Master Sergeant Lee.
(d) Lt. Harvey.
9. How many men did Hackworth select for his new unit?
10. Where was Company D sent to?
(b) Tempelhof Air Force Base.
(d) Berlin Air Force Base.
11. What was Hackworth's working on in Germany?
(a) His Associate's degree.
(b) His Bachelor's degree.
(c) His Doctorate.
(d) His Master's degree.
12. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
(a) General Khan.
(b) General Ridgeway.
(c) General Martin.
(d) General Eisenhower.
13. What platoon was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 1?
(a) 3rd platoon.
(b) 4th platoon.
(c) 1st platoon.
(d) 2nd platoon.
14. Who did Hackworth marry?
(a) Sophie Moore.
(b) Patty Stanford.
(c) Patty Leonard.
(d) Antonia Martin.
15. Where was Hackworth treated for his wounds?
(a) A French Hospital.
(b) A Swedish hospital.
(c) A Japanese Hospital.
(d) A German Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hackworth teach?
2. Who position did Hackworth occupy in the 108th Army Group?
3. What regiment was Hackworth assigned to upon arriving in Korea in Chapter 4?
4. What birthday did Hackworth spend in the hospital?
5. What did Easy company spend their time in reserve doing?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)