|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Colonel Locke replaced by?
(a) Major Smith.
(b) Major Jack Hemingway.
(c) Major Ralph Kregger.
(d) Major Mark Lauret.
2. What Battalion was Colonel Locke in charge of?
(a) Sixth Battalion.
(b) Third Battalion.
(c) Second Battalion.
(d) Fourth Battalion.
3. Who did Hackworth marry?
(a) Patty Leonard.
(b) Antonia Martin.
(c) Patty Stanford.
(d) Sophie Moore.
4. Who was the commanding officer of the Ranger unit that Third platoon joined?
(a) Captain Mark Stubert.
(b) Captain John Maxwell.
(c) Captain Ira Wenmann.
(d) Captain John Scagnelli.
5. Who was President during the Berlin crisis?
6. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
(a) The 1st Cavalier Division.
(b) The 87th Airborne Division.
(c) The 5th Air Group.
(d) The 101st Airborne Division.
7. Who commanded the tanks that came to assist G company?
(a) Master Sergeant Sherman.
(b) Master Sergeant Smith.
(c) Master Sergeant Victor.
(d) Master Sergeant Frances.
8. Where was Hackworth assigned to after his promotion?
(a) Easy Company.
(b) Able Company.
(c) Bravo Company.
(d) Dog Company.
9. What did Hackworth teach?
(a) The group's own training classes.
(c) English to the locals.
(d) 19th century military tactics.
10. What was Objective Jake Able?
(a) A fort.
(b) A small school in the middle of flat land.
(c) A craggy, almost vertical hill.
(d) A river.
11. What platoon was Hackworth assigned to in Chapter 1?
(a) 4th platoon.
(b) 1st platoon.
(c) 2nd platoon.
(d) 3rd platoon.
12. What nickname did Hackworth get while assigned to the Combat Support Company?
(b) The Destroyer.
(c) The Animal.
13. What promotion did Hackworth receive before leaving Germany?
(a) Master Sergeant.
14. When did Hackworth reapply for the army?
(a) December 1958.
(b) December 1955.
(c) December 1957.
(d) December 1956.
15. What was Company D rated according to Chapter 12?
(a) The best company.
(b) Above average.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the Raiders disbanded?
2. Why did Hackworth refuse to leave the hill after being wounded?
3. How many of Hackworth's men were wounded during the capture of the hill?
4. What made taking North Korean prisoners risky for Hackworth?
5. Where did Hackworth receive air defense training?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)