|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announced to Hackworth and his men that they would have to reinforce Berlin?
2. Until when did Hackworth hold the position of Group HQ Battery CO?
(a) August 1958.
(b) August 1957.
(c) August 1959.
3. When did Easy company join the United Nations in a joint operation?
(a) End of July.
(b) End of May.
(c) End of March.
(d) End of August.
4. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
(a) General Ridgeway.
(b) General Martin.
(c) General Khan.
(d) General Eisenhower.
5. What did Hackworth think of the war when he arrived in Korea?
(a) He thought it was won.
(b) He thought it was lost.
(c) He thought it needed more troops.
(d) He thought the Chinese made the war unfair.
6. Why did Hackworth enlist in the army according to Chapter 2?
(a) To protect the country.
(b) To travel.
(c) To fight Communists.
(d) To meet girls.
7. What did Hackworth's men start calling themselves?
(a) Hackworth's survivors.
(b) Hackworth's rangers.
(c) Hackworth's 48.
(d) Hackworth's killers.
8. Why was Hackworth not able to finish his meal in Chapter 1?
(a) Because of a tank coming his way.
(b) Because of an air attack.
(c) Because of a sniper.
(d) Because he shared it with his men.
9. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
(a) June 5, 1950.
(b) June 25, 1952.
(c) June 25, 1950.
(d) June 25, 1951.
10. What was Objective Jake Able?
(a) A craggy, almost vertical hill.
(b) A river.
(c) A fort.
(d) A small school in the middle of flat land.
11. Who initiated the Reduction in Force program?
(a) President Eisenhower.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) President Johnson.
(d) President Nixon.
12. What did Easy company spend their time in reserve doing?
(a) Treating wounded.
(c) Building roads.
(d) Playing poker.
13. What promotion did Hackworth receive before leaving Germany?
(b) Master Sergeant.
14. What hospital was Hackworth transferred to after his head injury?
(a) USS Poseidon.
(b) USS Hope.
(c) USS Haven.
(d) USS Aurora.
15. Where was Hackworth wounded, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Back and head.
(b) Legs and back.
(c) Arm and chest.
(d) Legs and arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hackworth and the medic find more North Koreans soldiers before the North Korean counterattack?
2. Why did Hackworth refuse to leave the hill after being wounded?
3. Why did Hackworth scout the hill?
4. Who were the Korean nationals under the command of?
5. Where did Hackworth settle in and attend college?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)