|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hackworth settle in and attend college?
(a) Santa Monica.
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
2. What was Objective Jake Able?
(a) A fort.
(b) A river.
(c) A small school in the middle of flat land.
(d) A craggy, almost vertical hill.
3. Why did Hackworth refuse to leave the hill after being wounded?
(a) He wanted a prisoner.
(b) He wanted to be credited for the victory.
(c) He didn't want to lose his command.
(d) He didn't consider his wound serious.
4. Who became Hackworth's mentor according to Chapter 2?
(a) Lt. Harvey.
(b) Sergeant Steve Prazenka.
(c) Captain Sowal.
(d) Master Sergeant Lee.
5. Where was Hackworth ordered to report after coming back to the U.S?
(a) Fort Benning.
(b) Fort Collins.
(c) Fort Adams.
(d) Fort Bragg.
6. When did Hackworth return to his unit in Korea?
(a) Mid January.
(b) Mid March.
(c) Mid June.
(d) Mid December.
7. Who was Colonel Locke replaced by?
(a) Major Mark Lauret.
(b) Major Smith.
(c) Major Ralph Kregger.
(d) Major Jack Hemingway.
8. Where was Hackworth wounded, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Legs and back.
(b) Legs and arms.
(c) Arm and chest.
(d) Back and head.
9. About what did Hackworth and his men learn thanks to North Korean soldiers they took prisoner?
(a) Korean tactics.
(b) Troop supplies.
(c) Troop movements.
(d) Korean morale.
10. Who was President during the Berlin crisis?
11. What nickname did Hackworth get while assigned to the Combat Support Company?
(b) The Destroyer.
(c) The Animal.
12. Who commanded the tanks that came to assist G company?
(a) Master Sergeant Sherman.
(b) Master Sergeant Frances.
(c) Master Sergeant Victor.
(d) Master Sergeant Smith.
13. Where was F company stationed?
(a) In a place called the In-between.
(b) In a place called the Gap.
(c) In a place called the Hole.
(d) In a place called the Space.
14. During what operation did Hackworth become the assistant to the platoon sergeant?
(a) Objective South.
(b) Objective Logan.
(c) Objective Simon.
(d) Objective Baracuda.
15. What was the name of the company commander?
(a) Captain Markus.
(b) Captain Ernie.
(c) Captain Michaely.
(d) Captain Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
2. Who initiated the Reduction in Force program?
3. What did Hackworth teach?
4. What was the unit Hackworth created called?
5. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)