1. On what date does Chapter 1 open and what was happening?
Chapter 1 opens on February 1, 1951 when a unit moves on a road in Korea and came under heavy fire, though none of the tanks fired back.
2. Who put Hackworth in charge of the unit and why?
Captain Michaely, the company commander, put Hackworth in charge of the unit because the lieutenant was killed.
3. What did Hackworth reveal about his enlisting in the Army in Chapter 2?
In Chapter 2, Hackworth revealed that when he enlisted in the Army, he was underage and at the age of 15, was more interested in meeting girls.
4. What did Hackworth realize when he killed a North Korean soldier?
When Hackworth killed a North Korean soldier, Hackworth realized that Korea was not a training exercise.
5. What happened to Hackworth according to Chapter 4?
According to Chapter 4, Hackworth sustained a head injury, was flown to Pusan and then transferred to the hospital ship, USS Haven. Although he started to feel better and wanted to return, he was sent to Osaka General Hospital for tests and returned to the unit in mid-March.
This section contains 2,411 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)