|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What resulted in many casualties during the first major engagement of Hackworth's unit?
(c) Artillery barrages.
(d) Suicide bombings.
2. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
(a) The psychological victory.
(b) The media victory.
(c) The popular victory.
(d) The tactical victory.
3. Who was Hackworth called to brief about his actions?
(a) General Westmoreland.
(b) General Watson.
(c) President Kennedy.
(d) The Chief of Staff.
4. What did Hackworth think of the Vietnam War after touring the country?
(a) It was impossible to predict.
(b) The U.S. was losing the war.
(c) It was all but won.
(d) The U.S. could win with more troops.
5. Who were the commanding officers of the pinned down company in Chapter 15?
(a) Captains Johnson and Murphy.
(b) Captains Markus and Steven.
(c) Captains Murphy and Emerson.
(d) Captain Bluwater and Hash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hackworth assigned to after his promotion?
2. Where was assigned Hackworth during his second tour of duty in Chapter 9?
3. Who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban missile crisis?
4. What did Hackworth think of the war when he arrived in Korea?
5. What was becoming known about the NVA?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)