|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hackworth tell his wife to go during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) To a cabin in the mountains.
(b) To a house near the sea.
(c) To Canada.
(d) To Mexico.
2. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
(a) Fighting on small islands.
(b) Fighting low level terrorists.
(c) Toward the European battlefield.
(d) Fighting with nuclear weapons.
3. How long did Hackworth spend in An Kle?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 8 weeks.
4. When did the NVA leave the engagement area?
(a) At dusk.
(b) During the night.
(c) At noon.
(d) At dawn.
5. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
(a) General Smith.
(b) General Zais.
(c) General Snown.
(d) General MacMillan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff name the restructuration program of the Army?
2. When was Hackworth transferred to the battle group Combat Support Company?
3. What was Hackworth assigned to after returning to the U.S.?
4. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
5. Why was Hackworth not able to finish his meal in Chapter 1?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)