|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hackworth scout the hill?
(a) Gun positions.
(b) Opportunity targets.
(c) Roads for tanks.
(d) A weak point.
2. When was Hackworth's unit told they were going on reserve?
(a) When they started going through the Chorwan Valley.
(b) When they started going through the Than Valley.
(c) When they started going through the Hani Valley.
(d) When they started going through the Wang Valley.
3. When did the United Nations armies cross the 38th parallel?
(a) By June.
(b) By January.
(c) By July.
(d) By March.
4. Who was the commanding officer of the Ranger unit that Third platoon joined?
(a) Captain Mark Stubert.
(b) Captain John Scagnelli.
(c) Captain Ira Wenmann.
(d) Captain John Maxwell.
5. When did Hackworth enlist in the Army?
(a) June 20,1946.
(b) May 20, 1949.
(c) May 20, 1946.
(d) May 2, 1946.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the company commander?
2. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
3. When did North Korea cross into South Korea?
4. When did Hackworth decide he did not want to become an officer according to Chapter 5?
5. Why did the tank in Chapter 1 not return fire when fired upon?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)