|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hackworth's men start calling themselves?
(a) Hackworth's rangers.
(b) Hackworth's killers.
(c) Hackworth's 48.
(d) Hackworth's survivors.
2. Where did Hackworth move his family after returning from Vietnam?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) Bunker, Virginia.
3. What was the first thing Hackworth learned in Vietnam?
(a) The language.
(b) That the Viet Cong is not in the cities.
(c) There was no safe zone.
(d) That he should always have a change of socks.
4. What was the first major engagement for Hackworth and his men?
(a) Operation Shield.
(b) Operation Bertha.
(c) Operation Gibraltar.
(d) Operation Hammer.
5. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
(a) Necessary changes in the supply system.
(b) Necessary changes on how the contracts were awarded.
(c) Necessary changes in the schooling system.
(d) Necessary changes in how the officers were paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hackworth refuse to leave the hill after being wounded?
2. Where was Hackworth assigned after returning to the U.S.?
3. About what did Hackworth and his men learn thanks to North Korean soldiers they took prisoner?
4. What position did Hackworth accept in Chapter 18?
5. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)