|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hackworth learn 6 months after the unit's first major engagement from a Vietcong prisoner?
(a) The Vietcong knew of Operation Hammer in advance.
(b) The Vietcong knew of Operation Shield in advance.
(c) The Vietcong knew of Operation Gibraltar in advance.
(d) The Vietcong knew of Operation Bertha in advance.
2. Why did Hackworth refuse to leave the hill after being wounded?
(a) He didn't want to lose his command.
(b) He wanted a prisoner.
(c) He wanted to be credited for the victory.
(d) He didn't consider his wound serious.
3. What did Hackworth think of the war when he arrived in Korea?
(a) He thought it needed more troops.
(b) He thought it was won.
(c) He thought the Chinese made the war unfair.
(d) He thought it was lost.
4. What was Company D rated according to Chapter 12?
(c) Above average.
(d) The best company.
5. Who announced to Hackworth and his men that they would have to reinforce Berlin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was assigned Hackworth during his second tour of duty in Chapter 9?
2. When did Hackworth arrive in Vietnam?
3. What did Joe Rice make safer?
4. Who commanded the tanks that came to assist G company?
5. What general welcomed Hackworth's unit when it arrived in Vietnam?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)