|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hackworth let his hierarchy know?
(a) That he was unhappy with his assignment.
(b) That he wanted to stay in California.
(c) That he was happy to teach.
(d) That he wanted to resign.
2. Who was the U.S. ambassador in Vietnam in 1965?
(a) Maxwell D. Taylor.
(b) Ira Weng.
(c) Markus Stubber.
(d) John Smith.
3. Where did Hackworth's unit spend time every few months?
4. When did Hackworth return to his unit in Korea?
(a) Mid January.
(b) Mid December.
(c) Mid March.
(d) Mid June.
5. How often were Commanding Officers rotated in Vietnam?
(a) Every 12 months.
(b) Every 5 months.
(c) Every 6 months.
(d) Every 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced General MacArthur in command of the American troops in Korea?
2. Who was Hackworth reunited with at his new position?
3. What did Joe Rice make safer?
4. Where was Hackworth during the battle of la Drang Valley?
5. What birthday did Hackworth spend in the hospital?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)