|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were U.S. destroyers attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin?
(a) August 1964.
(b) August 1965.
(c) August 1962.
(d) August 1969.
2. Why did Hackworth scout the hill?
(a) Roads for tanks.
(b) Gun positions.
(c) A weak point.
(d) Opportunity targets.
3. How many of Hackworth's men were wounded during the capture of the hill?
(a) 2 soldiers.
(b) Half of his force.
(c) All, but 2.
(d) All, but 10.
4. What hill were the Raiders asked to take in Chapter 7?
(a) Hill 400.
(b) Hill 200.
(c) Hill 250.
(d) Hill 40.
5. What type of victory was the Vietcong according to Hackworth?
(a) The popular victory.
(b) The media victory.
(c) The psychological victory.
(d) The tactical victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hackworth refuse to leave the hill after being wounded?
2. What general changed his mind about a promise he made to Hackworth?
3. Where was Hackworth offered a position in 1968?
4. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
5. Where did Hackworth tell his wife to go during the Cuban missile crisis?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)