|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Hackworth's wife and children when the Cuban missile crisis occurred in Chapter 13?
(a) In Los Angeles.
(b) In Colorado Springs.
(c) In Austin.
(d) In New York.
2. What did the American forces win during the Tet offensive?
(a) The tactical victory.
(b) The popular victory.
(c) The media victory.
(d) The psychological victory.
3. Who approved recommendations of their action officers at the Pentagon?
(a) 2 Stars Generals.
(b) 1 Star Generals.
(c) 3 Stars Generals.
(d) 4 Stars Generals.
4. What resulted in Hackworth's work with the Rangers?
(a) Made them equals to the SEALs.
(b) Made an effective force out of them.
(c) Increased enrollment.
(d) Avoided training injuries.
5. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
(a) Necessary changes in the supply system.
(b) Necessary changes in the schooling system.
(c) Necessary changes on how the contracts were awarded.
(d) Necessary changes in how the officers were paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hackworth miss his graduation?
2. What position did Hackworth occupy at the time of the Cuban missile crisis?
3. Why did Hackworth scout the hill?
4. What was the training in school geared toward to in 1967?
5. Where was Hackworth offered a position in 1968?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)