|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the system in the Pentagon preventing, according to Hackworth?
(a) Necessary changes in the schooling system.
(b) Necessary changes in how the officers were paid.
(c) Necessary changes on how the contracts were awarded.
(d) Necessary changes in the supply system.
2. What birthday did Hackworth spend in the hospital?
(a) His 27th.
(b) His 24th.
(c) His 21st.
(d) His 26th.
3. How was the yearly training exercise of 1963 named?
(a) SWIFT RETALIATION III
(b) LONG STRIKE III
(c) SWIFT STRIKE IV
(d) SWIFT STRIKE III
4. Who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Cuban missile crisis?
(a) Ira G. Krogger.
(b) Jack B. Markus.
(c) John A. Steven.
(d) Maxwell D. Taylor.
5. Why did Hackworth scout the hill?
(a) Roads for tanks.
(b) Gun positions.
(c) Opportunity targets.
(d) A weak point.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what task force was Hackworth involved in 1963?
2. Where did Hackworth complete his Bachelor's degree?
3. Who was Hackworth reunited with at his new position?
4. Where was Hackworth wounded, according to Chapter 7?
5. What type of victory was the Vietcong according to Hackworth?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)