* Chapter 1 opens on February 1, 1951 with tanks moving in Korea.
* The unit came under fire, but troops were dazed and did not respond.
* Hackworth was with the 3rd platoon and 7 men were killed.
* Hackworth was put in charge of the unit.
* Hackworth and Van Mieter checked out the dike.
* Hackworth took Koreans prisoner, though his rifle was empty.
* Hackworth had to stop eating because of a sniper and was shot.
* In Chapter 2, Hackworth reveals that he enlisted when he was fifteen and was more interested in girls.
* Hackworth was accepted into the army and sent to Italy.
* Troops shifted to a peacetime army and his unit patrolled the Morgan Line.
* Hackworth trained under Steve Prazenka.
* On June 25, 1950, North Korea crossed into South Korea.
* Hackworth requested duty in Korea.
* In Chapter 3, the Chinese entered Korea.
* Hackworth realized Korea was not a training exercise.
* In Chapter 4, Hackworth joined...
This section contains 2,463 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)