|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the camp where Alice volunteers to work with seriously ill children?
(a) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
(d) Connecticut Woods.
2. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
(a) Alice converts to Catholicism as an adult.
(b) Alice is somewhere between uninterested and hostile when it comes to religion.
(c) Alice is outspoken about her views on the importance of attending church as a family.
(d) Alice is a devout Jew who raises her children with traditional religious values.
3. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
(a) Alice is better at reading than writing.
(b) Alice is unable to provide constructive criticism.
(c) Alice is better educated than her husband.
(d) Alice is not as educated as her husband.
4. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York City.
5. What is one of the most negative words that Alice uses to describe a person?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
2. When Calvin and Alice fid themselves in a hotel room that is not as they expect, what do they do?
3. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
4. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
5. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)