|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
(b) New York City.
(c) San Francisco.
2. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
(a) Governor Olympia Snowe.
(b) Governor Mario Cuomo.
(c) Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(d) Governor George Pataki.
3. In chapter six, Trillin states that studies show most marital disagreements are about:
(c) Extramarital affairs.
4. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
(a) Living in a tree house.
(b) A living nightmare.
(c) Living like a graduate student.
(d) Living in squalor.
5. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
(a) Alice is not as educated as her husband.
(b) Alice is better educated than her husband.
(c) Alice is unable to provide constructive criticism.
(d) Alice is better at reading than writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trillin states that while on a trip to a foreign country, the main subject for discussion by American tourists is ...
2. What word does Calvin use to describe the hotel room about which he argues with his wife while on a business trip?
3. Calvin states that among married couples, the one who makes out the mortgage check is more like to do what?
4. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
5. Where does Alice once work?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)