|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish this sentence: Calvin states that if he works in a corporate job ...
(a) Alice competes with him for a job.
(b) Alice helps him move up the corporate ladder.
(c) Alice helps him prepare for sales presentations.
(d) Alice prevents him from climbing the corporate ladder.
2. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
(a) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to play tennis.
(b) He has new reason to hope.
(c) He begins to feel scared.
(d) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to participate in charades.
3. According to Calvin, what is the definition of an intellectual?
(a) Someone who knows the definition of holistic. Someone who translates fluently from the Toltec.
(b) Someone who knows how to translate heuristics.
(c) Someone who knows the definition of holistic.
(d) Someone whose instinct is to analyze anything that happens and try to make some sense of it.
4. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Daily News.
(c) The Nation.
(d) The New Yorker.
5. Trillin states that while on a trip to a foreign country, the main subject for discussion by American tourists is ...
(a) How much a melon cost.
(b) How much a hotel room cost.
(c) How much it rains.
(d) How much it snows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
2. In chapter five, which movie is referenced?
3. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
4. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
5. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)