|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
(a) Maggie Smith.
(b) Annie Navasky.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Jane Maher.
2. In chapter six, what does a carpenter named Frank tell Alice during her home renovation project?
(a) I broke the banister.
(b) I underestimate the amount of money this project costs you.
(c) It's going to be worth the trouble. Your children grow up here.
(d) Sooner or later, we're all going to leave, and this is going to be your place.
3. In chapter four, an encounter is described taking place in an elevator between Alice and a young boy with cancer. What does he say about her type of cancer?
(a) "They treat that like the common cold."
(b) "That's bad."
(c) "That's a dragon you can't slay."
(d) "That's the worst kind."
4. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
(a) A cigarette smoking ban.
(d) A cigarette smoking lounge.
5. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
2. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
3. Finish this sentence: Calvin states that if he works in a corporate job ...
4. According to Calvin, which one of the following qualities does NOT characterize his wife Alice?
5. Where does Alice once work?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)