|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
(a) She has to make due with modest possessions after she marries Calvin.
(b) She is very wealthy after she marries Calvin.
(c) She is the breadwinner in her marriage to Calvin.
(d) She is relatively well-off after she marries Calvin.
2. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
(a) Twelve and nine.
(b) Four and seven.
(c) Thirty-five and thirty-eight.
(d) Fourteen and eighteen.
3. Finish this sentence: Calvin states that if he works in a corporate job ...
(a) Alice competes with him for a job.
(b) Alice helps him prepare for sales presentations.
(c) Alice prevents him from climbing the corporate ladder.
(d) Alice helps him move up the corporate ladder.
4. According to Trillin, what does Alice want him to do with the money he saves during college?
(a) Use it as a down payment for their first house.
(b) Use it for their wedding.
(c) Put it in their children's college fund.
(d) Buy her a fur coat.
5. In chapter five, which movie is referenced?
(a) Guys and Dolls.
(b) Alice in Wonderland.
(c) My Best Friend's Wedding.
(d) Pretty Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the club where Alice sometimes has lunch with her friend Wally Popolizio?
2. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
3. What is Alice's professional background?
4. In chapter four, an encounter is described taking place in an elevator between Alice and a young boy with cancer. What does he say about her type of cancer?
5. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)