|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's professional background?
(a) Alice is a film editor.
(b) Alice is a politician.
(c) Alice is an English professor.
(d) Alice is a model and actress.
2. In chapter five, which person is mentioned as having volunteered at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp?
(a) Emma Roberts.
(b) Paul Newman.
(c) Julie Andrews.
(d) Julia Roberts.
3. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
(a) " ... an intellectual in a time when women are only expected to be pretty."
(b) " ... a role model to me and to women everywhere."
(c) " ... the least cool person I have ever known."
(d) " ... the most loving and devoted mother in the world."
4. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
(a) Alice is somewhere between uninterested and hostile when it comes to religion.
(b) Alice converts to Catholicism as an adult.
(c) Alice is a devout Jew who raises her children with traditional religious values.
(d) Alice is outspoken about her views on the importance of attending church as a family.
5. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
(a) Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(b) Governor Mario Cuomo.
(c) Governor Olympia Snowe.
(d) Governor George Pataki.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
2. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
3. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
4. Where does Calvin and Alice purchase their first home?
5. In chapter six, Trillin states that studies show most marital disagreements are about:
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)