|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Alice writes based on a letter she writes?
(a) Dear Bruno.
(b) Living With Cancer.
(c) Dragon Slayer.
(d) Of Dragons and Garden Peas.
2. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York City.
3. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
4. In chapter six, Trillin states that Alice has a strong desire to ...
(a) Own a fur coat.
(b) Own a dog.
(c) Own a house.
(d) Own a white hat.
5. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
(a) Living like a graduate student.
(b) Living in squalor.
(c) Living in a tree house.
(d) A living nightmare.
6. Why does Calvin not want to pay the contractor more money than he originally quotes for their home project?
(a) He breaks the banister.
(b) He steals Alice's fur coat.
(c) The estimated should be correct before starting the project.
(d) He does a bad job on the project.
7. In chapter five, which movie is referenced?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Guys and Dolls.
(c) My Best Friend's Wedding.
(d) Pretty Woman.
8. According to Calvin, when is Alice at her "bossiest"?
(a) When she tells her daughters that smoking is not an option for them to consider.
(b) When she tells Calvin that his work on a book is not acceptable.
(c) When she is at work.
(d) When she renovates her house.
9. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
(a) Foreign oil.
(b) Animal rights.
(c) The environment.
10. According to Calvin, which one of the following qualities does NOT characterize his wife Alice?
11. What is one of Alice's pet peeves?
(a) Spending money on clothes.
(b) Getting speeding tickets.
(c) Traveling to foreign countries.
(d) Cigarette companies that give young people the impression that smoking is cool.
12. According to Calvin, his father is appalled by what kind of people?
(a) People who can't even afford sending their children to college spending money on fur coats.
(b) People who can't even afford groceries spending money on a cleaning woman.
(c) People who can't even afford a cleaning woman living in a house that has to be rented most summers to pay the taxes.
(d) People who can't even afford rent traveling to Italy.
13. Where does Alice once work?
(a) Ford Modeling Agency.
(c) Random House.
(d) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital
14. What is the Alice Tax?
(a) A fine assessed to her children when they behave badly.
(b) An idea to place a limit on how much money people keep for themselves.
(c) An idea for raising funds through college alumni associations.
(d) A fee that Alice charges her husband for reading his rough drafts.
15. When Calvin and Alice fid themselves in a hotel room that is not as they expect, what do they do?
(a) They move to another hotel.
(b) They check out and immediately go home.
(c) They make the best of it.
(d) They complain to hotel management.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
2. What is the name of the club where Alice sometimes has lunch with her friend Wally Popolizio?
3. According to Trillin, what does Alice want him to do with the money he saves during college?
4. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
5. According to Calvin, Alice believes which one of the following statements to be true?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)