|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, when is Alice at her "bossiest"?
(a) When she renovates her house.
(b) When she tells Calvin that his work on a book is not acceptable.
(c) When she tells her daughters that smoking is not an option for them to consider.
(d) When she is at work.
2. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
(a) Times Magazine.
(c) The New Yorker.
3. Who writes, "I am known among my friends and family as an incorrigible, even ridiculous optimist"?
4. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
(a) Strides for Education, Equality, and Knowledge.
(b) Simplify Education, Equality and Knowledge.
(c) Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge.
(d) Save Each and Every Kid.
5. Which statement most closely resembles Alice's views, according to Trillin?
(a) If your child is in a school play and you don't go to every performance, the county comes and takes the child.
(b) If your child is in a school play and you go to every performance, your child never learns to be independent.
(c) If your child is in a school play, critique them after each performance to help them improve.
(d) If your child is in a school play, sit in the back row so you don't distract or embarrass your child.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
2. Where does Alice's father grow up?
3. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
4. Who says, "You are the coolest girl I know"?
5. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)