|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish this sentence: Calvin states that if he works in a corporate job ...
(a) Alice helps him move up the corporate ladder.
(b) Alice helps him prepare for sales presentations.
(c) Alice prevents him from climbing the corporate ladder.
(d) Alice competes with him for a job.
2. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
(a) " ... the least cool person I have ever known."
(b) " ... the most loving and devoted mother in the world."
(c) " ... a role model to me and to women everywhere."
(d) " ... an intellectual in a time when women are only expected to be pretty."
3. In Alice's letter to Bruno Navasky, she states:
(a) I've seen every single one of your plays and I have an idea for a script that I would like to discuss with you.
(b) I am very disappointed by an experience I have while shopping in your store.
(c) I want to express my views on pending medical legislation.
(d) It really isn't your fault, and there isn't much you can do about it except try to get the flower pot off your head and go on walking.
4. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
(b) A cigarette smoking ban.
(c) A cigarette smoking lounge.
5. What does Alice's father do for a living?
(a) Alice's father is a researcher.
(b) Alice's father is a vending machine repairman.
(c) Alice's father is a coal miner.
(d) Alice's father is a self-taught inventor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
2. What is one of the most negative words that Alice uses to describe a person?
3. Where is Abigail's wedding reception?
4. In what year does Alice die?
5. What reason does Bruno Navasky give for waiting so long reply to Alice's letter?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)