|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1976, one thing that troubles Trillin about the prospect of losing his wife is:
(a) That he cannot imagine teaching his girls how to drive in New York City without Alice's help.
(b) That he cannot imagine helping the girls with their homework on his own.
(c) That he cannot imagine trusting anyone else to be involved in raising their girls.
(d) That he cannot imagine himself cooking every meal for his girls.
2. According to Trillin, Alice always says what about parents?
(a) Helicopter parents should be jailed.
(b) Parents have a huge influence on children when it comes to the big things.
(c) Parents should be required to undergo mental health evaluations.
(d) Absentee parents are criminals.
3. Chapter eight begins with an excerpt from which book?
(a) The Secret Life of Bees.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Family Man.
(d) Moby Dick.
4. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
(a) The year before Alice's bypass surgery.
(b) A year before Alice dies.
(c) A year after Alice dies.
(d) The year Alice is diagnosed with lung cancer.
5. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
(a) Alice's intellectualism.
(b) Alice's 50th birthday.
(c) Alice's 61st birthday.
(d) Alice's views on taxation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter seven begins with a New Yorker excerpt in which he discusses the following:
2. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
3. In chapter eight, Trillin reveals that, like Alice, he undergoes which surgery?
4. Finish this sentence: Calvin states that if he works in a corporate job ...
5. Alice reads this note from a Hole in the Wall Gang camper's parents:
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)