|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
(a) A pen.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A book.
(d) A shoe.
2. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
(a) Alice is unable to provide constructive criticism.
(b) Alice is better at reading than writing.
(c) Alice is not as educated as her husband.
(d) Alice is better educated than her husband.
3. What is the name of Alice's friend and colleague who has ovarian cancer?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy.
(b) Maggie Smith.
(c) Annie Navasky.
(d) Jane Maher.
4. Where does Sarah get married?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) New York City.
(d) San Francisco.
5. What is the prognosis that Alice's doctor gives, following her surgery in 1976?
(a) A five percent chance of survival.
(b) A seventy-five percent chance of survival.
(c) A twenty-five percent chance of survival.
(d) A ten percent chance of survival.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter six, Trillin states that Alice has a strong desire to ...
2. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
3. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
4. In an e-mail, what does Alice say she is watching on TV the day after her daughter Abigail's wedding?
5. Why does Calvin endorse Alice's policy about school plays?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)