|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Calvin endorse Alice's policy about school plays?
(a) He agrees that there are far better ways to spend an evening than sitting in a smelly auditorium.
(b) He agrees that attending school plays is not as important as attending church together.
(c) He agrees that attending school plays is a waste of everyone's time, but eating dinner together is fundamental to raising children properly.
(d) He agrees that attending school plays gives parents an opportunity to demonstrate their priorities.
2. Which one of the following statements is true?
(a) For years, whenever Calvin is in an airport, he breaks down in tears.
(b) For years, Calvin tries to convince Alice that she needs to quit smoking.
(c) For years, Calvin worries that he too gets cancer and that their daughters are orphaned.
(d) For years, Calvin does not think or talk about his conversation with Alice's surgeon in 1976.
3. In Alice's letter to Bruno Navasky, she states:
(a) I want to express my views on pending medical legislation.
(b) I am very disappointed by an experience I have while shopping in your store.
(c) It really isn't your fault, and there isn't much you can do about it except try to get the flower pot off your head and go on walking.
(d) I've seen every single one of your plays and I have an idea for a script that I would like to discuss with you.
4. The little girl at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp suffers from the following:
(a) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her deaf and one which makes her blind.
(b) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from growing and one which keeps her from digesting any food.
(c) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from breathing and one which makes her blind.
(d) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her blind and one which prevents her from smiling.
5. Where does Calvin and Alice purchase their first home?
(a) New York City.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Long Island.
(d) Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
2. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
3. Who writes, "I am known among my friends and family as an incorrigible, even ridiculous optimist"?
4. In chapter five, Trillin states that he once gives a speech at the annual dinner for which organization?
5. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)