|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mina do to cheer herself up, and to lift the spirits of those around her?
(a) She dresses nicely.
(b) She plays the piano.
(c) She plays inspirational songs.
(d) She plants flowers.
2. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
(a) August 1990.
(b) December 1963.
(c) April 1965.
(d) December 1976.
3. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
(a) Times Magazine.
(b) The New Yorker.
4. What is the Alice Tax?
(a) A fine assessed to her children when they behave badly.
(b) An idea to place a limit on how much money people keep for themselves.
(c) An idea for raising funds through college alumni associations.
(d) A fee that Alice charges her husband for reading his rough drafts.
5. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
(a) Alice takes out bank loans to pay for her cancer treatment.
(b) Alice takes out bank loans to finance her work with disadvantaged students.
(c) Alice takes out bank loans to tide her father over when he is low on money.
(d) Alice takes out bank loans to invest in her father's vending machine invention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calvin not want to pay the contractor more money than he originally quotes for their home project?
2. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
3. Why does Calvin endorse Alice's policy about school plays?
4. In which hospital does Alice die?
5. Who says, "You are the coolest girl I know"?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)