|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter seven, Trillin includes an excerpt from a New Yorker article written by Alice. What is the subject of that article?
(a) Socialism in the United States.
(b) Her will to live. She wants to live to see her daughters get married.
(c) The tricky art of gardening in Nova Scotia.
(d) The objectification of women in Hollywood.
2. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
(a) Alice's beauty makes her vain.
(b) Alice's beauty opens doors in her career.
(c) Alice's beauty has no disadvantages.
(d) Alice's beauty involves complications.
3. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
4. What does Calvin's father do for a living?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is a broker.
(c) He is a banker.
(d) He is a grocer.
5. Alice is quoted at the end of chapter seven saying that she does something "truly awful." What does she do?
(a) She runs over a chipmunk.
(b) She harshly criticizes her husband's writing.
(c) She reads a private note.
(d) She stels drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice once work?
2. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
3. What is the headline in the magazine article in which Alice is featured as a model at the age of thirty-five?
4. What is Abigail's relationship to Calvin Trillin?
5. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)