|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
(a) A lass from Generation X.
(b) A fast driver.
(c) A dietitian in sensible shoes.
(d) A World War II nurse.
2. Which statement most closely resembles Alice's views, according to Trillin?
(a) If your child is in a school play and you go to every performance, your child never learns to be independent.
(b) If your child is in a school play, critique them after each performance to help them improve.
(c) If your child is in a school play and you don't go to every performance, the county comes and takes the child.
(d) If your child is in a school play, sit in the back row so you don't distract or embarrass your child.
3. What is the relationship between Alice and Mina Shaughnessy?
(a) They are colleagues but not friends.
(b) They are friends.
(c) Alice is Mina Shaughnessy's mother.
(d) They are sisters.
4. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
(c) Connecticut Woods.
(d) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
5. After Abigail and Sarah graduates college, they live for a period of time in which state?
(a) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
2. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
3. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
4. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
5. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)