|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Abigail and Sarah graduates college, they live for a period of time in which state?
(d) New Mexico.
2. What is one of the projects completed by a company that Alice founded?
(a) A film about Calvin Trillin's career.
(b) A textbook for medical students.
(c) A PBS series that describes various aspects of the visual and performing arts to children.
(d) A cigarette advertising campaign targeting teens.
3. What is one of Alice's pet peeves?
(a) Traveling to foreign countries.
(b) Getting speeding tickets.
(c) Spending money on clothes.
(d) Cigarette companies that give young people the impression that smoking is cool.
4. What does Sarah do for a living?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) She is a clinical social worker.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is an investment banker.
5. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
(b) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
(c) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
(d) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
2. Chapter seven begins with a New Yorker excerpt in which he discusses the following:
3. What type of cancer does Alice have?
4. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
5. According to Calvin, when is Alice at her "bossiest"?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)