|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, what is the definition of an intellectual?
(a) Someone who knows how to translate heuristics.
(b) Someone who knows the definition of holistic. Someone who translates fluently from the Toltec.
(c) Someone who knows the definition of holistic.
(d) Someone whose instinct is to analyze anything that happens and try to make some sense of it.
2. According to Calvin, what kinds of men are attracted to Alice?
(a) Guys with pipes.
3. What does a neighbor say to Calvin a few weeks after Alice's surgery in 1976?
(a) She's going to need to change her lifestyle.
(b) Alice should quit smoking.
(c) Meditation and yoga can cure most cancers.
(d) God bless Alice.
4. Who writes, "In the days after that bone scan, I can't find a hopeful way out ..."?
(a) Nora Ephron.
(b) Alice Trillin.
(c) Mary Francis.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
5. Trillin states that his goddaughter marries into a family with some involvement in what kind of industry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
2. In chapter eight, Trillin reveals that, like Alice, he undergoes which surgery?
3. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
4. One of Alice's doctors says the following:
5. Trillin states that he tells people he tries to instill the following values in his daughters:
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)