|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
(a) A boring college lecture.
(b) A rough draft in need of edits.
(c) A winning job interview.
(d) A desperate comedy routine.
2. What does Sarah do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She is a clinical social worker.
(d) She is an investment banker.
3. After Abigail and Sarah graduates college, they live for a period of time in which state?
(c) New Mexico.
4. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
(a) Save Each and Every Kid.
(b) Simplify Education, Equality and Knowledge.
(c) Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge.
(d) Strides for Education, Equality, and Knowledge.
5. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
(a) Alice is not pampered or snooty, despite the fact that she grows up in an affluent town and attends a prestigious college.
(b) Alice looks like a dietitian, but in actuality she is a talented writer.
(c) Alice is seriously pampered and snooty in high school.
(d) Alice is known as the class beauty and most popular cheerleader in high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
2. What does Calvin believe Alice says about living twenty-five years after her cancer diagnosis?
3. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
4. Alice is quoted at the end of chapter seven saying that she does something "truly awful." What does she do?
5. Which of the following best describes "Of Dragons and Garden Peas"?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)