|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an e-mail, what does Alice say she is watching on TV the day after her daughter Abigail's wedding?
(a) A video of her daughter's wedding.
(b) The Sopranos.
(c) The Honeymooners.
(d) A PBS series on education.
2. What dance surprises the waiters at Abigail's wedding reception?
(a) The Macarena.
(b) The horah.
(c) The chicken dance.
(d) The limbo.
3. What does Abigail do for a living?
(a) She is a model.
(b) She is a TV reporter.
(c) She is a food critic.
(d) She is a legal-services attorney for children.
4. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
(a) The hat and the pipe smoke.
(b) The food and the beverages.
(c) The pipe smoke and the glow.
(d) The hat and the punch bowl.
5. What is Alice's maiden name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
2. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
3. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
4. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
5. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)