|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
(a) Alice is not asked for her identification at a bar.
(b) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer and does not receive a ticket.
(c) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer, and receives a ticket.
(d) Alice does not remember how to get home from the plant nursery.
2. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(a) King Lear.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
3. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
(a) A living nightmare.
(b) Living in a tree house.
(c) Living like a graduate student.
(d) Living in squalor.
4. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(b) Ovarian cancer.
(d) Lung cancer.
5. What does Abigail do for a living?
(a) She is a food critic.
(b) She is a legal-services attorney for children.
(c) She is a model.
(d) She is a TV reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah do for a living?
2. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
3. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
4. Who says, "She wants to protect us from worry, from sadness, from loneliness ..."?
5. According to Calvin, when is Alice at her "bossiest"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)