|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
(a) Alice takes out bank loans to finance her work with disadvantaged students.
(b) Alice takes out bank loans to tide her father over when he is low on money.
(c) Alice takes out bank loans to invest in her father's vending machine invention.
(d) Alice takes out bank loans to pay for her cancer treatment.
2. In chapter six, what does a carpenter named Frank tell Alice during her home renovation project?
(a) It's going to be worth the trouble. Your children grow up here.
(b) I underestimate the amount of money this project costs you.
(c) I broke the banister.
(d) Sooner or later, we're all going to leave, and this is going to be your place.
3. Which one of the following statements is true?
(a) For years, Calvin worries that he too gets cancer and that their daughters are orphaned.
(b) For years, Calvin tries to convince Alice that she needs to quit smoking.
(c) For years, Calvin does not think or talk about his conversation with Alice's surgeon in 1976.
(d) For years, whenever Calvin is in an airport, he breaks down in tears.
4. What type of cancer does Alice have?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Breast cancer.
(c) Eye cancer.
(d) Thyroid cancer.
5. The little girl at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp suffers from the following:
(a) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her blind and one which prevents her from smiling.
(b) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from growing and one which keeps her from digesting any food.
(c) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her deaf and one which makes her blind.
(d) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from breathing and one which makes her blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter six, Trillin states that Alice has a strong desire to ...
2. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
3. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
4. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
5. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)