|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trillin states that his goddaughter marries into a family with some involvement in what kind of industry?
2. In chapter seven, Trillin recalls that he encourages Abigail to work at:
(a) The Food Network.
(b) Cravath, Swaine & Moore.
(c) Yale University.
3. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
4. Which one of the following values does Alice NOT teach her children, according to Trillin?
(a) Smoking is a personal freedom that should be defended and protected.
(b) Do not over-value financial success.
(c) Find meaning in the work you do.
(d) Worry about being kind and generous to people.
5. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
(a) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
(d) Connecticut Woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
2. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
3. Alice is quoted at the end of chapter seven saying that she does something "truly awful." What does she do?
4. In what year does Alice die?
5. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)