|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, which one of the following qualities does NOT characterize his wife Alice?
2. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
(a) Expensive jewelry.
(c) Beautiful clothes.
(d) Fancy cars.
3. Which of the following statements does Alice NOT make in the e-mail that she writes the day after Abigail's wedding?
(a) Abigail gets married yesterday.
(b) I wish that I can be there in person, but I am there in spirit.
(c) Life doesn't get much better than this.
(d) I am there for the whole thing.
4. In chapter two, what fact about Dick Francis and his wife does Calvin share with the reader?
(a) Francis' wife is a frequent character in her husband's books.
(b) Francis is serious, and his wife never stops trying to impress him.
(c) Francis relies on his wife to help him produce his books.
(d) Francis and his wife meet at a magazine party.
5. In which hospital does Alice die?
(a) Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
(b) Lenox Hill Hospital.
(c) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital.
(d) Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
2. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
3. In chapter five, Trillin states that he once gives a speech at the annual dinner for which organization?
4. Who says, "we both want desperate love, approval, and admiration from each other"?
5. According to Calvin, what is the definition of an intellectual?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)