|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
2. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(a) King Lear.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
3. In chapter five, which movie is referenced?
(a) Pretty Woman.
(b) Guys and Dolls.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) My Best Friend's Wedding.
4. After Abigail and Sarah graduates college, they live for a period of time in which state?
(b) New Mexico.
5. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
(a) He has new reason to hope.
(b) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to participate in charades.
(c) He begins to feel scared.
(d) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to play tennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
2. What does Mina do to cheer herself up, and to lift the spirits of those around her?
3. In chapter seven, Calvin states that Alice consideres moving to which state to be closer to her daughters?
4. Where is Abigail's wedding ceremony?
5. What is the first thing that strikes Calvin about Alice when he sees her for the first time?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)