|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the club where Alice sometimes has lunch with her friend Wally Popolizio?
(a) The New York Health and Fitness Club.
(b) Tiro e Segno.
(c) Italian-American Club.
(d) The New York Bridge Club.
2. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
3. Who says, "Life doesn't get much better than this"?
4. In chapter seven, Trillin includes an excerpt from a New Yorker article written by Alice. What is the subject of that article?
(a) The tricky art of gardening in Nova Scotia.
(b) Socialism in the United States.
(c) Her will to live. She wants to live to see her daughters get married.
(d) The objectification of women in Hollywood.
5. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Stray animals.
(b) Alice's children.
(c) Cancer patients.
(d) Alice's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
2. What is Abigail's relationship to Calvin Trillin?
3. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
4. In an e-mail, what does Alice say she is watching on TV the day after her daughter Abigail's wedding?
5. In which hospital does Alice die?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)