|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter three, Calvin tells a story about Alice in which she makes an annual trip to which of the following locations?
(a) Her best friend's grave.
(b) A plant nursery in New Jersey.
(c) A summer home in Nova Scotia.
(d) A brownstone in Greenwich Village.
2. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
(b) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(c) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
(d) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
3. What is one of Alice's pet peeves?
(a) Spending money on clothes.
(b) Getting speeding tickets.
(c) Cigarette companies that give young people the impression that smoking is cool.
(d) Traveling to foreign countries.
4. According to Calvin, his father is appalled by what kind of people?
(a) People who can't even afford a cleaning woman living in a house that has to be rented most summers to pay the taxes.
(b) People who can't even afford groceries spending money on a cleaning woman.
(c) People who can't even afford rent traveling to Italy.
(d) People who can't even afford sending their children to college spending money on fur coats.
5. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
(b) "Where is my camera?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
2. Which one of the following statements is true?
3. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
4. Trillin states that he tells people he tries to instill the following values in his daughters:
5. What programming does Alice produce for PBS?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)