|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
(a) Governor Mario Cuomo.
(b) Governor Olympia Snowe.
(c) Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(d) Governor George Pataki.
2. What is a Trillin family motto?
(a) Pull Up Your Socks.
(b) Put Up Or Shut Up.
(c) Get With The Program.
(d) Grow Up.
3. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
(a) Alice looks just like her mother.
(b) Alice looks like a dietitian in sensible shoes.
(c) Alice looks young for her age and still attracts men.
(d) Alice looks older than she is, due to her illness.
4. What does Sarah do for a living?
(a) She is a clinical social worker.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is an investment banker.
(d) She is an actress.
5. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
(a) April 1965.
(b) December 1963.
(c) August 1990.
(d) December 1976.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
2. Where does Alice's father grow up?
3. According to Calvin, Alice believes which one of the following statements to be true?
4. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
5. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)