|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which is a quote from chapter even?
(a) "The most tragic thing of all is that Alice never gets to see her daughters get married."
(b) "I think she believes in the transformative power of undiluted love."
(c) "Alice sneaks cigarettes in her hotel room."
(d) "She begins to think that life is not worth living."
2. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
(a) Thirty-five and thirty-eight.
(b) Fourteen and eighteen.
(c) Four and seven.
(d) Twelve and nine.
3. Who says, "Life doesn't get much better than this"?
4. Who writes, "I am known among my friends and family as an incorrigible, even ridiculous optimist"?
5. In chapter seven, Calvin states that Alice consideres moving to which state to be closer to her daughters?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
2. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
3. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
4. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
5. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)