|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter six, Trillin states that studies show most marital disagreements are about:
(b) Extramarital affairs.
2. In chapter six, what does a carpenter named Frank tell Alice during her home renovation project?
(a) I broke the banister.
(b) Sooner or later, we're all going to leave, and this is going to be your place.
(c) I underestimate the amount of money this project costs you.
(d) It's going to be worth the trouble. Your children grow up here.
3. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
(a) " ... the least cool person I have ever known."
(b) " ... an intellectual in a time when women are only expected to be pretty."
(c) " ... a role model to me and to women everywhere."
(d) " ... the most loving and devoted mother in the world."
4. In Alice's letter to Bruno Navasky, she states:
(a) I want to express my views on pending medical legislation.
(b) I've seen every single one of your plays and I have an idea for a script that I would like to discuss with you.
(c) I am very disappointed by an experience I have while shopping in your store.
(d) It really isn't your fault, and there isn't much you can do about it except try to get the flower pot off your head and go on walking.
5. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
(a) The voice of reason.
(b) The wicked witch.
(c) The cancer victim.
(d) The goofball.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the young surgical residents dioesthe following after Alice's bypass operation:
2. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
3. According to Trillin, Alice always says what about parents?
4. In 1976, one thing that troubles Trillin about the prospect of losing his wife is:
5. What is Alice's maiden name?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)