|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
(a) The year Alice is diagnosed with lung cancer.
(b) The year before Alice's bypass surgery.
(c) A year after Alice dies.
(d) A year before Alice dies.
2. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
(a) Governor Olympia Snowe.
(b) Governor George Pataki.
(c) Governor Mario Cuomo.
(d) Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
3. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
(a) The voice of reason.
(b) The goofball.
(c) The wicked witch.
(d) The cancer victim.
4. Which of the following best describes "Of Dragons and Garden Peas"?
(a) A film that Alice produces for PBS.
(b) A New Yorker piece written by Calvin Trillin.
(c) A New England Journal of Medicine piece written by Alice.
(d) A children's book that Alice reads to her daughters.
5. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Kansas City.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
2. When Calvin and Alice fid themselves in a hotel room that is not as they expect, what do they do?
3. Trillin states that his goddaughter marries into a family with some involvement in what kind of industry?
4. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
5. According to Calvin, his father is appalled by what kind of people?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)