|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
(a) "Words Is Money."
(b) "Writing doesn't pay."
(c) "Money doesn't grow on trees."
(d) "Time is money."
2. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
(a) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
(d) Connecticut Woods.
3. In chapter six, what does a carpenter named Frank tell Alice during her home renovation project?
(a) Sooner or later, we're all going to leave, and this is going to be your place.
(b) It's going to be worth the trouble. Your children grow up here.
(c) I broke the banister.
(d) I underestimate the amount of money this project costs you.
4. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
(a) Alice is spoiled. She is the center of her parent's lives.
(b) Alice's parents solve all of her problems for her.
(c) Alice admires her parents and models her own parenting style on theirs.
(d) Alice acts as caretaker to her parents.
5. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
(b) "Where is my camera?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter five, which movie is referenced?
2. What wi the parenting theory that Alice and Calvin share?
3. Who says, "Life doesn't get much better than this"?
4. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
5. Calvin Trillin is a writer for which publication?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)