|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, his father is appalled by what kind of people?
(a) People who can't even afford rent traveling to Italy.
(b) People who can't even afford groceries spending money on a cleaning woman.
(c) People who can't even afford sending their children to college spending money on fur coats.
(d) People who can't even afford a cleaning woman living in a house that has to be rented most summers to pay the taxes.
2. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(c) Long Island.
(d) Nova Scotia.
3. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
(a) Fancy cars.
(b) Beautiful clothes.
(c) Expensive jewelry.
4. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
(a) December 1963.
(b) April 1965.
(c) August 1990.
(d) December 1976.
5. Which statement most closely resembles Alice's views, according to Trillin?
(a) If your child is in a school play, sit in the back row so you don't distract or embarrass your child.
(b) If your child is in a school play, critique them after each performance to help them improve.
(c) If your child is in a school play and you go to every performance, your child never learns to be independent.
(d) If your child is in a school play and you don't go to every performance, the county comes and takes the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements about Alice is true?
2. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
3. Which one of the following values does Alice NOT teach her children, according to Trillin?
4. Where does Alice's father grow up?
5. Where does Sarah get married?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)