|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
2. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(a) Trillin Family Mementos.
(b) Important Stuff.
3. According to Calvin, which one of the following qualities does NOT characterize his wife Alice?
4. How many siblings does Alice have?
(a) None, Alice is an only child.
(b) Alice has a twin sister.
(c) Alice has two sisters.
(d) Alice has a brother and a sister.
5. In 1976, one thing that troubles Trillin about the prospect of losing his wife is:
(a) That he cannot imagine helping the girls with their homework on his own.
(b) That he cannot imagine teaching his girls how to drive in New York City without Alice's help.
(c) That he cannot imagine trusting anyone else to be involved in raising their girls.
(d) That he cannot imagine himself cooking every meal for his girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter seven, Trillin recalls the following line from a radio sitcom he uses to listen to as a boy.
2. What is the Alice Tax?
3. In what year does Alice die?
4. What does a neighbor say to Calvin a few weeks after Alice's surgery in 1976?
5. In chapter seven, Trillin includes an excerpt from a New Yorker article written by Alice. What is the subject of that article?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)