|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter eight, Trillin reveals that, like Alice, he undergoes which surgery?
(a) A bypass operation.
(b) An organ transplant.
(c) A foot amputation.
(d) A facelift.
2. According to Calvin, his father is appalled by what kind of people?
(a) People who can't even afford rent traveling to Italy.
(b) People who can't even afford sending their children to college spending money on fur coats.
(c) People who can't even afford a cleaning woman living in a house that has to be rented most summers to pay the taxes.
(d) People who can't even afford groceries spending money on a cleaning woman.
3. According to Trillin, Alice always says what about parents?
(a) Parents have a huge influence on children when it comes to the big things.
(b) Parents should be required to undergo mental health evaluations.
(c) Helicopter parents should be jailed.
(d) Absentee parents are criminals.
4. What type of cancer does Alice have?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Thyroid cancer.
(c) Breast cancer.
(d) Eye cancer.
5. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A book.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
2. Where does Sarah get married?
3. Who says, "You are the coolest girl I know"?
4. According to Trillin, when Alice is being wheeled into the operating room for her bypass surgery, she ...
5. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)