|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
(a) Four and seven.
(b) Twelve and nine.
(c) Fourteen and eighteen.
(d) Thirty-five and thirty-eight.
2. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
(c) Isabelle Alice.
3. What advice does Calvin receive in the 1960s from an older writer at work?
(a) That it is a good idea for Calvin to have his wife look at his first drafts.
(b) That Calvin shows his wife final drafts.
(c) That it is unwise of Calvin to show his wife his rough drafts.
(d) That Calvin reads his own rough drafts.
4. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(c) Important Stuff.
(d) Trillin Family Mementos.
5. In Alice's letter to Bruno Navasky, she states:
(a) I am very disappointed by an experience I have while shopping in your store.
(b) It really isn't your fault, and there isn't much you can do about it except try to get the flower pot off your head and go on walking.
(c) I want to express my views on pending medical legislation.
(d) I've seen every single one of your plays and I have an idea for a script that I would like to discuss with you.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
2. Which of the following best describes "Of Dragons and Garden Peas"?
3. In chapter six, what does a carpenter named Frank tell Alice during her home renovation project?
4. Why does Calvin endorse Alice's policy about school plays?
5. Which one of the following statements is true?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)