|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter seven, Trillin states that Abigail works for:
(a) The U.S. Army.
(b) Teach for America.
(c) The Mall of America.
(d) The French Culinary Institute.
2. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
(a) Alice is seriously pampered and snooty in high school.
(b) Alice looks like a dietitian, but in actuality she is a talented writer.
(c) Alice is known as the class beauty and most popular cheerleader in high school.
(d) Alice is not pampered or snooty, despite the fact that she grows up in an affluent town and attends a prestigious college.
3. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
(a) Alice looks like a dietitian in sensible shoes.
(b) Alice looks older than she is, due to her illness.
(c) Alice looks young for her age and still attracts men.
(d) Alice looks just like her mother.
4. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
(a) People who "don't have a very nice life" are obscenely rich.
(b) People who "don't have a very nice life" are not as lucky as Alice and Calvin.
(c) People who "don't have a very nice life" are financially well off, but physically ill people who "don't have a very nice life" ware not as attractive as she.
(d) People who "don't have a very nice life" are obscenely rich.
5. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
(a) Any money not spent on a luxury you can't afford is the equivalent of windfall income.
(b) A tax theory.
(c) After a certain level of income, the government should take everything.
(d) Things like perfume, clothing, and jewelry should be purchased with money from her own paychecks.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
2. In what year does Alice die?
3. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
4. Who says, "You are the coolest girl I know"?
5. Calvin states that among married couples, the one who makes out the mortgage check is more like to do what?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)