|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
(b) The New Yorker.
(d) Times Magazine.
2. What does Abigail do for a living?
(a) She is a TV reporter.
(b) She is a food critic.
(c) She is a model.
(d) She is a legal-services attorney for children.
3. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
4. Why does Alice write a letter to Bruno Navasky?
(a) Regarding her opinion on federal funding for medical research.
(b) To give him advice on dealing with cancer.
(c) To complain about the service she receives while shopping at his store.
(d) To tell him that she is a fan of his and watches all of his plays.
5. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
(b) A cigarette smoking ban.
(d) A cigarette smoking lounge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
2. Who says, "She wants to protect us from worry, from sadness, from loneliness ..."?
3. What dance surprises the waiters at Abigail's wedding reception?
4. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
5. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)