|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person says "I haven't had so much fun since the hogs ate little sister"?
(a) Calvin's father.
(b) Bruno Navasky.
(c) Alice's father.
2. What is Alice's maiden name?
3. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
(a) The cancer victim.
(b) The goofball.
(c) The wicked witch.
(d) The voice of reason.
4. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
(a) Alice admires her parents and models her own parenting style on theirs.
(b) Alice's parents solve all of her problems for her.
(c) Alice acts as caretaker to her parents.
(d) Alice is spoiled. She is the center of her parent's lives.
5. In Alice's letter to Bruno Navasky, she states:
(a) It really isn't your fault, and there isn't much you can do about it except try to get the flower pot off your head and go on walking.
(b) I want to express my views on pending medical legislation.
(c) I've seen every single one of your plays and I have an idea for a script that I would like to discuss with you.
(d) I am very disappointed by an experience I have while shopping in your store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
2. In chapter five, which person is mentioned as having volunteered at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp?
3. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
4. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
5. What type of child does Alice gravitate toward at the the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)