|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter seven begins with a New Yorker excerpt in which he discusses the following:
(a) Bowling alleys and swimming pools.
(b) The difference between Chicago and New York style pizza.
(c) Rabbis and farmers.
(d) Attending school plays.
2. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(b) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
3. In which hospital does Alice die?
(a) Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
(b) Lenox Hill Hospital.
(c) Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
(d) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital.
4. In 2001, what does Alice say about their daughter Abigail's wedding?
(a) Alice asks Calvin to film the wedding so that she can watch it afterward.
(b) Alice asks Abigail if she can get married at home instead.
(c) Alice asks Abigail to try to move the wedding date up.
(d) Alice tells Calvin that the wedding has to go on, no matter how badly her health deteriorates, and regardless of whether she attends.
5. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
(a) She is the breadwinner in her marriage to Calvin.
(b) She is very wealthy after she marries Calvin.
(c) She is relatively well-off after she marries Calvin.
(d) She has to make due with modest possessions after she marries Calvin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
2. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
3. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
4. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
5. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)