|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Alice writes based on a letter she writes?
(a) Dragon Slayer.
(b) Dear Bruno.
(c) Of Dragons and Garden Peas.
(d) Living With Cancer.
2. Where does Alice once work?
(b) Ford Modeling Agency.
(c) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital
(d) Random House.
3. What is the Alice Tax?
(a) An idea for raising funds through college alumni associations.
(b) A fine assessed to her children when they behave badly.
(c) An idea to place a limit on how much money people keep for themselves.
(d) A fee that Alice charges her husband for reading his rough drafts.
4. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
(a) "Time is money."
(b) "Words Is Money."
(c) "Money doesn't grow on trees."
(d) "Writing doesn't pay."
5. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
(a) Alice is not pampered or snooty, despite the fact that she grows up in an affluent town and attends a prestigious college.
(b) Alice looks like a dietitian, but in actuality she is a talented writer.
(c) Alice is seriously pampered and snooty in high school.
(d) Alice is known as the class beauty and most popular cheerleader in high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Trillin family motto?
2. What is the first book that Calvin writes after he meets Alice?
3. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
4. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
5. What does Abigail do for a living?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)