|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
(b) Alice Trillin.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Nora Ephron.
2. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Nora Ephron.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Mary Francis.
(d) Alice's father.
3. After Abigail and Sarah graduates college, they live for a period of time in which state?
(b) New Mexico.
4. What is the name of the camp where Alice volunteers to work with seriously ill children?
(c) Connecticut Woods.
(d) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
5. Of the following, which is a quote from chapter even?
(a) "Alice sneaks cigarettes in her hotel room."
(b) "The most tragic thing of all is that Alice never gets to see her daughters get married."
(c) "She begins to think that life is not worth living."
(d) "I think she believes in the transformative power of undiluted love."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Alice's letter to Bruno Navasky, she states:
2. Calvin states that among married couples, the one who makes out the mortgage check is more like to do what?
3. What type of child does Alice gravitate toward at the the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp?
4. In chapter seven, Trillin states that Abigail works for:
5. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)