|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Calvin states that among married couples, the one who makes out the mortgage check is more like to do what?
(a) Be more successful.
(b) Be more cautious about spending money.
(c) Be more relaxed about spending money.
(d) Be more generous.
2. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Alice's father.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Mary Francis.
(d) Nora Ephron.
3. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
(a) A cottage.
(b) An apartment.
(c) An estate.
(d) A brownstone.
4. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
(a) Maggie Smith.
(b) Annie Navasky.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Jane Maher.
5. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
(a) Living in squalor.
(b) A living nightmare.
(c) Living in a tree house.
(d) Living like a graduate student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Alice writes based on a letter she writes?
2. What is Alice's mother doing for a living when she meets Alice's father?
3. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
4. Calvin claims that the first time he sees Alice, he detects what quality about her heritage?
5. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)