|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
2. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
(a) New York University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Hofstra Universtity.
(d) Wellesley College.
3. In chapter four, an encounter is described taking place in an elevator between Alice and a young boy with cancer. What does he say about her type of cancer?
(a) "That's bad."
(b) "That's the worst kind."
(c) "That's a dragon you can't slay."
(d) "They treat that like the common cold."
4. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
(a) Alice is spoiled. She is the center of her parent's lives.
(b) Alice's parents solve all of her problems for her.
(c) Alice acts as caretaker to her parents.
(d) Alice admires her parents and models her own parenting style on theirs.
5. According to Calvin, when is Alice at her "bossiest"?
(a) When she tells her daughters that smoking is not an option for them to consider.
(b) When she renovates her house.
(c) When she tells Calvin that his work on a book is not acceptable.
(d) When she is at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
2. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
3. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
4. When Calvin and Alice fid themselves in a hotel room that is not as they expect, what do they do?
5. What does Calvin's father do for a living?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)