|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
(a) A photo of Alice gardening. It is taken when she is in her forties.
(b) A photo of Alice teaching in a classroom. It is taken when she is in her thirties.
(c) A photo of Alice taken in Italy. It is taken when she is in her fifties.
(d) A photo of Alice wearing a hat. It is taken when she is in her twenties.
2. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
(a) Any money not spent on a luxury you can't afford is the equivalent of windfall income.
(b) Things like perfume, clothing, and jewelry should be purchased with money from her own paychecks.
(c) After a certain level of income, the government should take everything.
(d) A tax theory.
3. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
(a) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
(c) Connecticut Woods.
4. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
(a) Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge.
(b) Strides for Education, Equality, and Knowledge.
(c) Simplify Education, Equality and Knowledge.
(d) Save Each and Every Kid.
5. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A black hat.
(c) A white hat.
(d) A yellow hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
2. What is the first thing that strikes Calvin about Alice when he sees her for the first time?
3. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
4. In chapter five, Trillin states that he once gives a speech at the annual dinner for which organization?
5. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)