|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the camp where Alice volunteers to work with seriously ill children?
(b) Connecticut Woods.
(c) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
2. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
(a) "Time is money."
(b) "Money doesn't grow on trees."
(c) "Words Is Money."
(d) "Writing doesn't pay."
3. According to Calvin, which one of the following qualities does NOT characterize his wife Alice?
4. According to Trillin, what does Alice want him to do with the money he saves during college?
(a) Buy her a fur coat.
(b) Use it as a down payment for their first house.
(c) Use it for their wedding.
(d) Put it in their children's college fund.
5. Finish this sentence: Calvin states that if he works in a corporate job ...
(a) Alice helps him prepare for sales presentations.
(b) Alice competes with him for a job.
(c) Alice prevents him from climbing the corporate ladder.
(d) Alice helps him move up the corporate ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Calvin claims that the first time he sees Alice, he detects what quality about her heritage?
2. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
3. What is the first book that Calvin writes after he meets Alice?
4. Why does Calvin not want to pay the contractor more money than he originally quotes for their home project?
5. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)