|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
(a) Alice takes out bank loans to finance her work with disadvantaged students.
(b) Alice takes out bank loans to invest in her father's vending machine invention.
(c) Alice takes out bank loans to tide her father over when he is low on money.
(d) Alice takes out bank loans to pay for her cancer treatment.
2. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
(a) Strides for Education, Equality, and Knowledge.
(b) Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge.
(c) Simplify Education, Equality and Knowledge.
(d) Save Each and Every Kid.
3. In chapter six, Trillin states that studies show most marital disagreements are about:
(b) Extramarital affairs.
4. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
(a) "Money doesn't grow on trees."
(b) "Words Is Money."
(c) "Writing doesn't pay."
(d) "Time is money."
5. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
(a) A white hat.
(b) A black hat.
(c) A yellow hat.
(d) A red hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Calvin receive in the 1960s from an older writer at work?
2. Where does Calvin and Alice purchase their first home?
3. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
4. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
5. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)