|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes "Of Dragons and Garden Peas"?
(a) A New Yorker piece written by Calvin Trillin.
(b) A New England Journal of Medicine piece written by Alice.
(c) A film that Alice produces for PBS.
(d) A children's book that Alice reads to her daughters.
2. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
(a) New York City.
(c) Kansas City.
(d) San Francisco.
3. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
(a) After a certain level of income, the government should take everything.
(b) Any money not spent on a luxury you can't afford is the equivalent of windfall income.
(c) Things like perfume, clothing, and jewelry should be purchased with money from her own paychecks.
(d) A tax theory.
4. What is the name of Alice's friend and colleague who has ovarian cancer?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy.
(b) Annie Navasky.
(c) Jane Maher.
(d) Maggie Smith.
5. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) At a bowling alley.
(c) At a swimming pool.
(d) The Empire State Building.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
2. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
3. In what year does Alice die?
4. What is Alice's maiden name?
5. In chapter six, what does a carpenter named Frank tell Alice during her home renovation project?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)