|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
(a) Come out of his shell.
(b) Impress Alice.
(c) Remember what Alice is wearing the night he meets her.
(d) Gain Alice's trust.
2. What does Alice's father do for a living?
(a) Alice's father is a researcher.
(b) Alice's father is a self-taught inventor.
(c) Alice's father is a vending machine repairman.
(d) Alice's father is a coal miner.
3. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
4. What is the name of Alice's friend and colleague who has ovarian cancer?
(a) Annie Navasky.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Jane Maher.
(d) Maggie Smith.
5. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
(a) It saves Calvin time.
(b) Calvin values Alice's opinion and wants to impress her.
(c) Calvin thinks it gives her an opportunity to improve her own writing.
(d) Calvin does not trust his editor at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
2. What does Mina do to cheer herself up, and to lift the spirits of those around her?
3. At the end of chapter three, Calvin tells a story about Alice in which she makes an annual trip to which of the following locations?
4. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
5. What is Alice's mother doing for a living when she meets Alice's father?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)