|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
(b) Alice Trillin.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Nora Ephron.
2. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
(a) Governor Mario Cuomo.
(b) Governor George Pataki.
(c) Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(d) Governor Olympia Snowe.
3. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
(a) Yale University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Wellesley College.
(d) Hofstra Universtity.
4. According to Calvin, his father is appalled by what kind of people?
(a) People who can't even afford sending their children to college spending money on fur coats.
(b) People who can't even afford a cleaning woman living in a house that has to be rented most summers to pay the taxes.
(c) People who can't even afford rent traveling to Italy.
(d) People who can't even afford groceries spending money on a cleaning woman.
5. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
(a) The hat and the punch bowl.
(b) The hat and the pipe smoke.
(c) The food and the beverages.
(d) The pipe smoke and the glow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
2. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
3. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
4. Why does Calvin not want to pay the contractor more money than he originally quotes for their home project?
5. What is Alice's mother doing for a living when she meets Alice's father?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)