|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
(a) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to play tennis.
(b) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to participate in charades.
(c) He has new reason to hope.
(d) He begins to feel scared.
2. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
(a) Alice's parents solve all of her problems for her.
(b) Alice is spoiled. She is the center of her parent's lives.
(c) Alice admires her parents and models her own parenting style on theirs.
(d) Alice acts as caretaker to her parents.
3. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
(a) Jane Maher.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Annie Navasky.
(d) Maggie Smith.
4. What is Alice's professional background?
(a) Alice is an English professor.
(b) Alice is a politician.
(c) Alice is a model and actress.
(d) Alice is a film editor.
5. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(b) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice's father grow up?
2. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
3. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
4. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
5. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)