|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
2. In chapter five, which person is mentioned as having volunteered at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp?
(a) Emma Roberts.
(b) Julie Andrews.
(c) Julia Roberts.
(d) Paul Newman.
3. Which of the following statements about Alice is true?
(a) She promotes the idea of cigarette lounges in New York City.
(b) She hates cigarettes.
(c) She fights for smoker's rights.
(d) She is a chain-smoker.
4. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(b) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
(c) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
(d) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
5. What does Mina do to cheer herself up, and to lift the spirits of those around her?
(a) She plays inspirational songs.
(b) She dresses nicely.
(c) She plays the piano.
(d) She plants flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter six, Calvin describes a home renovation project. Who acts as the project manager?
2. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
3. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
4. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
5. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)