|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
(a) Governor George Pataki.
(b) Governor Mario Cuomo.
(c) Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(d) Governor Olympia Snowe.
2. In chapter four, an encounter is described taking place in an elevator between Alice and a young boy with cancer. What does he say about her type of cancer?
(a) "That's bad."
(b) "They treat that like the common cold."
(c) "That's a dragon you can't slay."
(d) "That's the worst kind."
3. According to Trillin, what does Alice want him to do with the money he saves during college?
(a) Put it in their children's college fund.
(b) Use it as a down payment for their first house.
(c) Use it for their wedding.
(d) Buy her a fur coat.
4. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
5. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
(a) Alice Trillin.
(b) Nora Ephron.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
2. What is Alice's mother doing for a living when she meets Alice's father?
3. What is Alice's maiden name?
4. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
5. At the end of chapter three, Calvin tells a story about Alice in which she makes an annual trip to which of the following locations?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)