|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's mother doing for a living when she meets Alice's father?
(a) Alice's mother is a model.
(b) Alice's mother is a secretary.
(c) Alice's mother is a novelist.
(d) Alice's mother is a teacher.
2. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
(b) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
(d) Connecticut Woods.
3. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
(b) Nora Ephron.
(c) Alice Trillin.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
4. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
(a) The hat and the pipe smoke.
(b) The hat and the punch bowl.
(c) The pipe smoke and the glow.
(d) The food and the beverages.
5. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) At a bowling alley.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) At a swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter six, Calvin describes a home renovation project. Who acts as the project manager?
2. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
3. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
4. What is Alice's maiden name?
5. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)