|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(b) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
(c) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
(d) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
2. Finish this sentence: Calvin states that if he works in a corporate job ...
(a) Alice prevents him from climbing the corporate ladder.
(b) Alice helps him move up the corporate ladder.
(c) Alice helps him prepare for sales presentations.
(d) Alice competes with him for a job.
3. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
(a) A living nightmare.
(b) Living like a graduate student.
(c) Living in a tree house.
(d) Living in squalor.
4. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Hofstra Universtity.
(c) New York University.
(d) Wellesley College.
5. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
(b) Isabelle Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
2. According to Calvin, when is Alice at her "bossiest"?
3. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
4. What is the headline in the magazine article in which Alice is featured as a model at the age of thirty-five?
5. According to Calvin, which one of the following qualities does NOT characterize his wife Alice?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)