|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, his father is appalled by what kind of people?
(a) People who can't even afford sending their children to college spending money on fur coats.
(b) People who can't even afford a cleaning woman living in a house that has to be rented most summers to pay the taxes.
(c) People who can't even afford rent traveling to Italy.
(d) People who can't even afford groceries spending money on a cleaning woman.
2. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
(a) Any money not spent on a luxury you can't afford is the equivalent of windfall income.
(b) A tax theory.
(c) After a certain level of income, the government should take everything.
(d) Things like perfume, clothing, and jewelry should be purchased with money from her own paychecks.
3. According to Calvin, what kinds of men are attracted to Alice?
(d) Guys with pipes.
4. Where does Alice once work?
(a) Ford Modeling Agency.
(b) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital
(c) Random House.
5. What is Alice's maiden name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
2. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
3. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
4. What is the name of the club where Alice sometimes has lunch with her friend Wally Popolizio?
5. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)