|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the headline in the magazine article in which Alice is featured as a model at the age of thirty-five?
(a) About Alice.
(b) College instructor, mother and wife.
(c) The picture of health.
(d) The beauty and the brain.
2. In chapter six, Calvin describes a home renovation project. Who acts as the project manager?
(a) Alice's father.
3. Where does Alice attend college?
(a) Hofstra University.
(b) New York University.
(c) City University of New York.
(d) Wellesley College.
4. What is the Alice Tax?
(a) An idea for raising funds through college alumni associations.
(b) A fee that Alice charges her husband for reading his rough drafts.
(c) An idea to place a limit on how much money people keep for themselves.
(d) A fine assessed to her children when they behave badly.
5. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
(a) Alice looks like a dietitian in sensible shoes.
(b) Alice looks older than she is, due to her illness.
(c) Alice looks just like her mother.
(d) Alice looks young for her age and still attracts men.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
2. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
3. According to Calvin, what leads to his success in courting Alice?
4. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
5. What is one of Alice's pet peeves?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)