|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements about Alice is true?
(a) She promotes the idea of cigarette lounges in New York City.
(b) She fights for smoker's rights.
(c) She hates cigarettes.
(d) She is a chain-smoker.
2. What is the Alice Tax?
(a) A fine assessed to her children when they behave badly.
(b) A fee that Alice charges her husband for reading his rough drafts.
(c) An idea for raising funds through college alumni associations.
(d) An idea to place a limit on how much money people keep for themselves.
3. Calvin claims that the first time he sees Alice, he detects what quality about her heritage?
(a) Alice is Irish.
(b) Alice is Jewish.
(c) Alice is Swedish.
(d) Alice is European.
4. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
5. What does Calvin's father do for a living?
(a) He is a broker.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He is a grocer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
2. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
3. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
4. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
5. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)