|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
2. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
3. Calvin claims that the first time he sees Alice, he detects what quality about her heritage?
(a) Alice is Swedish.
(b) Alice is Irish.
(c) Alice is Jewish.
(d) Alice is European.
4. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
(a) Alice is not pampered or snooty, despite the fact that she grows up in an affluent town and attends a prestigious college.
(b) Alice is known as the class beauty and most popular cheerleader in high school.
(c) Alice is seriously pampered and snooty in high school.
(d) Alice looks like a dietitian, but in actuality she is a talented writer.
5. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(a) Important Stuff.
(c) Trillin Family Mementos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
2. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
3. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
4. What is Alice's maiden name?
5. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)