|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
(b) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
(c) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(d) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
2. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
(a) December 1976.
(b) December 1963.
(c) August 1990.
(d) April 1965.
3. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
(a) Educator, Author and Muse.
(b) Educator, Wife and Mother.
(c) College Instructor, Mother and Wife.
(d) Social Activist, Author and Muse.
4. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
(a) Beautiful clothes.
(c) Fancy cars.
(d) Expensive jewelry.
5. What advice does Calvin receive in the 1960s from an older writer at work?
(a) That Calvin shows his wife final drafts.
(b) That Calvin reads his own rough drafts.
(c) That it is unwise of Calvin to show his wife his rough drafts.
(d) That it is a good idea for Calvin to have his wife look at his first drafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
2. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
3. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
4. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
5. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)