|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, Alice believes which one of the following statements to be true?
(a) People with remedial skills cannot be taught.
(b) People who lack optimism cannot be taught.
(c) People who want to learn can be taught, no matter what their background.
(d) People with certain backgrounds, such as those in drug treatment programs, are unable to be taught.
2. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
3. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
(a) Save Each and Every Kid.
(b) Strides for Education, Equality, and Knowledge.
(c) Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge.
(d) Simplify Education, Equality and Knowledge.
4. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
(a) Animal rights.
(b) The environment.
(d) Foreign oil.
5. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
(a) A year after Alice dies.
(b) A year before Alice dies.
(c) The year Alice is diagnosed with lung cancer.
(d) The year before Alice's bypass surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Alice have?
2. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
3. Where does Alice once work?
4. In chapter two, what fact about Dick Francis and his wife does Calvin share with the reader?
5. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)