|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
(a) A living nightmare.
(b) Living in squalor.
(c) Living in a tree house.
(d) Living like a graduate student.
2. Which one of the following statements is true?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy is fourteen years older than Alice.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy is surgeon.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy is a dietitian.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy is a medical technician.
3. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
(a) Alice takes care of her mother.
(b) Alice looks to her mother for advice on how to be a better parent.
(c) Alice leans on her mother.
(d) Alice's mother does not accept the help of others.
4. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
(a) It saves Calvin time.
(b) Calvin thinks it gives her an opportunity to improve her own writing.
(c) Calvin values Alice's opinion and wants to impress her.
(d) Calvin does not trust his editor at work.
5. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice once work?
2. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
3. According to Calvin, what is the definition of an intellectual?
4. When Calvin and Alice fid themselves in a hotel room that is not as they expect, what do they do?
5. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)