|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
(a) Strides for Education, Equality, and Knowledge.
(b) Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge.
(c) Save Each and Every Kid.
(d) Simplify Education, Equality and Knowledge.
2. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
(b) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
(c) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
(d) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
3. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
(b) Times Magazine.
(d) The New Yorker.
4. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(c) Long Island.
(d) Nova Scotia.
5. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
(a) Alice takes out bank loans to finance her work with disadvantaged students.
(b) Alice takes out bank loans to invest in her father's vending machine invention.
(c) Alice takes out bank loans to tide her father over when he is low on money.
(d) Alice takes out bank loans to pay for her cancer treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
2. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
3. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
4. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
5. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)