|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
2. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A cottage.
(c) An estate.
(d) A brownstone.
3. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
(a) Dick Francis.
(b) Roger Wilkins.
(c) Richard Harris.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
4. According to Trillin, what does Alice want him to do with the money he saves during college?
(a) Use it as a down payment for their first house.
(b) Buy her a fur coat.
(c) Put it in their children's college fund.
(d) Use it for their wedding.
5. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Alice die?
2. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
3. What is the first thing that strikes Calvin about Alice when he sees her for the first time?
4. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
5. What is the name of the book that Alice writes based on a letter she writes?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)