|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
2. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Alice's father.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Mary Francis.
3. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Long Island.
(d) Nova Scotia.
4. What does Mina do to cheer herself up, and to lift the spirits of those around her?
(a) She dresses nicely.
(b) She plants flowers.
(c) She plays the piano.
(d) She plays inspirational songs.
5. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
(a) "Time is money."
(b) "Money doesn't grow on trees."
(c) "Writing doesn't pay."
(d) "Words Is Money."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the camp where Alice volunteers to work with seriously ill children?
2. What advice does Calvin receive in the 1960s from an older writer at work?
3. What is the Alice Tax?
4. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
5. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)