|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
2. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
(a) New York City.
(d) San Francisco.
3. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy.
(b) Roger Wilkins.
(c) Dick Francis.
(d) Richard Harris.
4. Which of the following best describes "Of Dragons and Garden Peas"?
(a) A New England Journal of Medicine piece written by Alice.
(b) A children's book that Alice reads to her daughters.
(c) A film that Alice produces for PBS.
(d) A New Yorker piece written by Calvin Trillin.
5. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
(a) Alice's father is pessimistic and irresponsible.
(b) Alice's father is a sweet, optimistic man.
(c) Alice's father is cold and tightfisted with his money.
(d) Alice's father is realistic, responsible man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
2. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
3. According to Calvin, his father is appalled by what kind of people?
4. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
5. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)