|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, his father is appalled by what kind of people?
(a) People who can't even afford rent traveling to Italy.
(b) People who can't even afford a cleaning woman living in a house that has to be rented most summers to pay the taxes.
(c) People who can't even afford groceries spending money on a cleaning woman.
(d) People who can't even afford sending their children to college spending money on fur coats.
2. What does Calvin's father do for a living?
(a) He is a grocer.
(b) He is an accountant.
(c) He is a banker.
(d) He is a broker.
3. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
(a) The pipe smoke and the glow.
(b) The food and the beverages.
(c) The hat and the punch bowl.
(d) The hat and the pipe smoke.
4. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York City.
5. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
(a) Fourteen and eighteen.
(b) Twelve and nine.
(c) Thirty-five and thirty-eight.
(d) Four and seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
2. Which of the following best describes "Of Dragons and Garden Peas"?
3. According to Calvin, which one of the following qualities does NOT characterize his wife Alice?
4. What is one of Alice's pet peeves?
5. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)