|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alice buy a fur coat?
(a) To wear during the cold New York City winters.
(b) To wear on a trip to Alaska.
(c) To wear to a fashion show.
(d) To wear during the cold Nova Scotia winters.
2. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
(b) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
(c) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(d) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
3. What is the first book that Calvin writes after he meets Alice?
(a) A collection of comic short stories.
(b) A romance novel.
(c) A biography.
(d) A mystery novel.
4. What does Alice's father do for a living?
(a) Alice's father is a vending machine repairman.
(b) Alice's father is a self-taught inventor.
(c) Alice's father is a researcher.
(d) Alice's father is a coal miner.
5. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
(a) Things like perfume, clothing, and jewelry should be purchased with money from her own paychecks.
(b) Any money not spent on a luxury you can't afford is the equivalent of windfall income.
(c) After a certain level of income, the government should take everything.
(d) A tax theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
2. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
3. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
4. According to Calvin, what kinds of men are attracted to Alice?
5. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)