|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
(a) A boring college lecture.
(b) A rough draft in need of edits.
(c) A winning job interview.
(d) A desperate comedy routine.
2. At the end of chapter two, Calvin states that he is reviewing the galleys of a book. What is the book's subject?
(a) Riding a bus in New York.
(b) Eating in New York restaurants.
(c) Bicycling in New York.
(d) Parking in New York.
3. What is the name of the camp where Alice volunteers to work with seriously ill children?
(b) Connecticut Woods.
(c) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
4. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
(b) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
(c) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
(d) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
5. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
(a) Thirty-five and thirty-eight.
(b) Twelve and nine.
(c) Fourteen and eighteen.
(d) Four and seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice's father grow up?
2. In chapter five, which person is mentioned as having volunteered at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp?
3. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
4. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
5. What is the headline in the magazine article in which Alice is featured as a model at the age of thirty-five?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)