|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(a) Important Stuff.
(c) Trillin Family Mementos.
2. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
(a) August 1990.
(b) December 1976.
(c) April 1965.
(d) December 1963.
3. What is the first thing that strikes Calvin about Alice when he sees her for the first time?
(a) Alice is so very pretty.
(b) Alice looks more alive than anyone he sees.
(c) Alice is talkative.
(d) Alice is opinionated.
4. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
(a) Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge.
(b) Strides for Education, Equality, and Knowledge.
(c) Save Each and Every Kid.
(d) Simplify Education, Equality and Knowledge.
5. What word does Calvin use to describe the hotel room about which he argues with his wife while on a business trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
2. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
3. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
4. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
5. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)