|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
(a) A winning job interview.
(b) A boring college lecture.
(c) A rough draft in need of edits.
(d) A desperate comedy routine.
2. What word does Calvin use to describe the hotel room about which he argues with his wife while on a business trip?
3. According to Calvin, what leads to his success in courting Alice?
(a) His dumb luck and one or two deliberate moves.
(b) His pipe smoking and fame as a writer.
(c) His reluctance to speak.
(d) His dumb luck and good looks.
4. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
(a) Alice acts as caretaker to her parents.
(b) Alice admires her parents and models her own parenting style on theirs.
(c) Alice is spoiled. She is the center of her parent's lives.
(d) Alice's parents solve all of her problems for her.
5. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
(a) Calvin thinks it gives her an opportunity to improve her own writing.
(b) Calvin does not trust his editor at work.
(c) Calvin values Alice's opinion and wants to impress her.
(d) It saves Calvin time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter six, what does a carpenter named Frank tell Alice during her home renovation project?
2. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
3. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
4. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
5. How many siblings does Alice have?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)