|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter three, Calvin tells a story about Alice in which she makes an annual trip to which of the following locations?
(a) A brownstone in Greenwich Village.
(b) Her best friend's grave.
(c) A plant nursery in New Jersey.
(d) A summer home in Nova Scotia.
2. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A pen.
(c) A book.
(d) A cigarette.
3. What is Alice's professional background?
(a) Alice is a film editor.
(b) Alice is a model and actress.
(c) Alice is a politician.
(d) Alice is an English professor.
4. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
(a) People who "don't have a very nice life" are obscenely rich.
(b) People who "don't have a very nice life" are financially well off, but physically ill people who "don't have a very nice life" ware not as attractive as she.
(c) People who "don't have a very nice life" are not as lucky as Alice and Calvin.
(d) People who "don't have a very nice life" are obscenely rich.
5. Why does Alice buy a fur coat?
(a) To wear during the cold Nova Scotia winters.
(b) To wear on a trip to Alaska.
(c) To wear during the cold New York City winters.
(d) To wear to a fashion show.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Trillin, what does Alice want him to do with the money he saves during college?
2. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
3. Calvin states that among married couples, the one who makes out the mortgage check is more like to do what?
4. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
5. What does Mina do to cheer herself up, and to lift the spirits of those around her?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)