|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, which one of the following qualities does NOT characterize his wife Alice?
2. At the end of chapter two, Calvin states that he is reviewing the galleys of a book. What is the book's subject?
(a) Eating in New York restaurants.
(b) Bicycling in New York.
(c) Parking in New York.
(d) Riding a bus in New York.
3. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
(a) He begins to feel scared.
(b) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to participate in charades.
(c) He has new reason to hope.
(d) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to play tennis.
4. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
(a) On his living room wall.
(b) On his bedside table.
(c) On his desk.
(d) On his mantle.
5. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
(b) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
(c) Connecticut Woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
2. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
3. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
4. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
5. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)