|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter four, an encounter is described taking place in an elevator between Alice and a young boy with cancer. What does he say about her type of cancer?
(a) "That's a dragon you can't slay."
(b) "That's the worst kind."
(c) "They treat that like the common cold."
(d) "That's bad."
2. What is the first book that Calvin writes after he meets Alice?
(a) A romance novel.
(b) A biography.
(c) A mystery novel.
(d) A collection of comic short stories.
3. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
(a) A year before Alice dies.
(b) A year after Alice dies.
(c) The year Alice is diagnosed with lung cancer.
(d) The year before Alice's bypass surgery.
4. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
(a) Long Island.
(c) Nova Scotia.
(d) Greenwich Village.
5. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
(a) He has new reason to hope.
(b) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to participate in charades.
(c) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to play tennis.
(d) He begins to feel scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
2. In what year does Alice die?
3. What is the headline in the magazine article in which Alice is featured as a model at the age of thirty-five?
4. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
5. What is the first thing that strikes Calvin about Alice when he sees her for the first time?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)