|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(c) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
2. Where does Alice's father grow up?
(a) New York City.
(b) Nova Scotia.
(c) Rural North Carolina.
(d) New York's Westchester County.
3. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
(a) Thirty-five and thirty-eight.
(b) Fourteen and eighteen.
(c) Four and seven.
(d) Twelve and nine.
4. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
(a) Alice takes care of her mother.
(b) Alice leans on her mother.
(c) Alice looks to her mother for advice on how to be a better parent.
(d) Alice's mother does not accept the help of others.
5. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
(a) " ... an intellectual in a time when women are only expected to be pretty."
(b) " ... a role model to me and to women everywhere."
(c) " ... the most loving and devoted mother in the world."
(d) " ... the least cool person I have ever known."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes "Of Dragons and Garden Peas"?
2. What is one of the most negative words that Alice uses to describe a person?
3. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
4. How many siblings does Alice have?
5. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)