|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
(a) Four and seven.
(b) Twelve and nine.
(c) Thirty-five and thirty-eight.
(d) Fourteen and eighteen.
2. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
(a) Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge.
(b) Save Each and Every Kid.
(c) Strides for Education, Equality, and Knowledge.
(d) Simplify Education, Equality and Knowledge.
3. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(b) Important Stuff.
(c) Trillin Family Mementos.
4. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
(a) Social Activist, Author and Muse.
(b) College Instructor, Mother and Wife.
(c) Educator, Wife and Mother.
(d) Educator, Author and Muse.
5. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Daily News.
(c) The Nation.
(d) The New Yorker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
2. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
3. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
4. According to Calvin, what kinds of men are attracted to Alice?
5. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)