|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
(a) Alice thinks it helps her launch a modeling career.
(b) Alice thinks it helps her parents receive better treatment by the nurses at the nursing home where they live.
(c) Alice thinks it helps her husband receive better reviews of his work by critics.
(d) Alice thinks it is a good way to make money.
2. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
(a) A brownstone.
(b) An estate.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A cottage.
3. In chapter five, which movie is referenced?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Guys and Dolls.
(c) Pretty Woman.
(d) My Best Friend's Wedding.
4. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
(a) The hat and the pipe smoke.
(b) The food and the beverages.
(c) The pipe smoke and the glow.
(d) The hat and the punch bowl.
5. Where does Calvin and Alice purchase their first home?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York City.
(c) Long Island.
(d) Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
2. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
3. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
4. What is one of the most negative words that Alice uses to describe a person?
5. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)