|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trillin states that his goddaughter marries into a family with some involvement in what kind of industry?
2. According to Calvin, which one of the following qualities does NOT characterize his wife Alice?
3. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
(a) Alice is somewhere between uninterested and hostile when it comes to religion.
(b) Alice is a devout Jew who raises her children with traditional religious values.
(c) Alice is outspoken about her views on the importance of attending church as a family.
(d) Alice converts to Catholicism as an adult.
4. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
(a) Alice's father is cold and tightfisted with his money.
(b) Alice's father is a sweet, optimistic man.
(c) Alice's father is pessimistic and irresponsible.
(d) Alice's father is realistic, responsible man.
5. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
(a) Living in a tree house.
(b) Living like a graduate student.
(c) Living in squalor.
(d) A living nightmare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
2. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
3. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
4. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
5. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)