|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
(a) The year Alice is diagnosed with lung cancer.
(b) A year before Alice dies.
(c) The year before Alice's bypass surgery.
(d) A year after Alice dies.
2. What advice does Calvin receive in the 1960s from an older writer at work?
(a) That it is unwise of Calvin to show his wife his rough drafts.
(b) That Calvin shows his wife final drafts.
(c) That Calvin reads his own rough drafts.
(d) That it is a good idea for Calvin to have his wife look at his first drafts.
3. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
(a) Alice's beauty opens doors in her career.
(b) Alice's beauty has no disadvantages.
(c) Alice's beauty involves complications.
(d) Alice's beauty makes her vain.
4. What does Calvin's father do for a living?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is a grocer.
(d) He is a broker.
5. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
(a) On his bedside table.
(b) On his living room wall.
(c) On his mantle.
(d) On his desk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most negative words that Alice uses to describe a person?
2. What word does Calvin use to describe the hotel room about which he argues with his wife while on a business trip?
3. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
4. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
5. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)