|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
(a) Strides for Education, Equality, and Knowledge.
(b) Simplify Education, Equality and Knowledge.
(c) Save Each and Every Kid.
(d) Search for Education, Elevation, and Knowledge.
2. What does Alice's father do for a living?
(a) Alice's father is a vending machine repairman.
(b) Alice's father is a self-taught inventor.
(c) Alice's father is a researcher.
(d) Alice's father is a coal miner.
3. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Alice's children.
(b) Stray animals.
(c) Alice's parents.
(d) Cancer patients.
4. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
(a) A rough draft in need of edits.
(b) A desperate comedy routine.
(c) A boring college lecture.
(d) A winning job interview.
5. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(b) Important Stuff.
(d) Trillin Family Mementos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Alice Tax?
2. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
3. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
4. Where does Calvin and Alice purchase their first home?
5. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)