|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two months.
2. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
(a) Governor Olympia Snowe.
(b) Governor Mario Cuomo.
(c) Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(d) Governor George Pataki.
3. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
(a) Alice is not pampered or snooty, despite the fact that she grows up in an affluent town and attends a prestigious college.
(b) Alice is seriously pampered and snooty in high school.
(c) Alice looks like a dietitian, but in actuality she is a talented writer.
(d) Alice is known as the class beauty and most popular cheerleader in high school.
4. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
(a) The Times.
(b) The Nation.
(c) The Daily News.
(d) The New Yorker.
5. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
(b) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
(c) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
(d) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
2. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
3. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
4. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
5. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)