|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
(a) Living in squalor.
(b) Living like a graduate student.
(c) Living in a tree house.
(d) A living nightmare.
2. What is the name of the camp where Alice volunteers to work with seriously ill children?
(a) Connecticut Woods.
(b) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
3. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
4. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) Nova Scotia.
(c) Long Island.
5. What advice does Calvin receive in the 1960s from an older writer at work?
(a) That it is unwise of Calvin to show his wife his rough drafts.
(b) That Calvin shows his wife final drafts.
(c) That Calvin reads his own rough drafts.
(d) That it is a good idea for Calvin to have his wife look at his first drafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
2. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
3. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
4. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
5. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)