|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice once work?
(a) Random House.
(b) Ford Modeling Agency.
(d) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital
2. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy.
(b) Mary Francis.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Alice's father.
3. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
(a) Alice is unable to provide constructive criticism.
(b) Alice is better at reading than writing.
(c) Alice is better educated than her husband.
(d) Alice is not as educated as her husband.
4. What does Alice's father do for a living?
(a) Alice's father is a vending machine repairman.
(b) Alice's father is a self-taught inventor.
(c) Alice's father is a coal miner.
(d) Alice's father is a researcher.
5. What word does Calvin use to describe the hotel room about which he argues with his wife while on a business trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter six, Calvin describes a home renovation project. Who acts as the project manager?
2. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
3. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
4. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
5. Calvin states that among married couples, the one who makes out the mortgage check is more like to do what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)