|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
(a) Richard Harris.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Roger Wilkins.
(d) Dick Francis.
2. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(a) Trillin Family Mementos.
(b) Important Stuff.
3. At the end of chapter three, Calvin tells a story about Alice in which she makes an annual trip to which of the following locations?
(a) Her best friend's grave.
(b) A plant nursery in New Jersey.
(c) A summer home in Nova Scotia.
(d) A brownstone in Greenwich Village.
4. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Nora Ephron.
(b) Alice's father.
(c) Mary Francis.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
5. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(b) Lung cancer.
(d) Ovarian cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
2. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
3. What is the first book that Calvin writes after he meets Alice?
4. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
5. What is the first thing that strikes Calvin about Alice when he sees her for the first time?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)