|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
(a) Alice acts as caretaker to her parents.
(b) Alice's parents solve all of her problems for her.
(c) Alice admires her parents and models her own parenting style on theirs.
(d) Alice is spoiled. She is the center of her parent's lives.
2. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Mary Francis.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Alice's father.
3. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
4. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
(a) A rough draft in need of edits.
(b) A desperate comedy routine.
(c) A boring college lecture.
(d) A winning job interview.
5. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A book.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
2. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
3. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
4. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
5. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)