|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) At a bowling alley.
(c) At a swimming pool.
(d) The Empire State Building.
2. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
(b) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(c) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
(d) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
3. At the end of chapter two, Calvin states that he is reviewing the galleys of a book. What is the book's subject?
(a) Riding a bus in New York.
(b) Bicycling in New York.
(c) Parking in New York.
(d) Eating in New York restaurants.
4. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
5. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
(a) The wicked witch.
(b) The voice of reason.
(c) The goofball.
(d) The cancer victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
2. What is the first book that Calvin writes after he meets Alice?
3. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
4. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
5. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)