|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
(b) Nora Ephron.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Alice Trillin.
2. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
(a) Alice thinks it helps her launch a modeling career.
(b) Alice thinks it helps her husband receive better reviews of his work by critics.
(c) Alice thinks it is a good way to make money.
(d) Alice thinks it helps her parents receive better treatment by the nurses at the nursing home where they live.
3. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
(a) A photo of Alice taken in Italy. It is taken when she is in her fifties.
(b) A photo of Alice teaching in a classroom. It is taken when she is in her thirties.
(c) A photo of Alice wearing a hat. It is taken when she is in her twenties.
(d) A photo of Alice gardening. It is taken when she is in her forties.
4. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(b) Lung cancer.
(d) Ovarian cancer.
5. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
(a) Alice is not asked for her identification at a bar.
(b) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer and does not receive a ticket.
(c) Alice does not remember how to get home from the plant nursery.
(d) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer, and receives a ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
2. According to Calvin, what kinds of men are attracted to Alice?
3. How many siblings does Alice have?
4. What is Alice's maiden name?
5. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)