|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice attend college?
(a) Hofstra University.
(b) New York University.
(c) City University of New York.
(d) Wellesley College.
2. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(b) Trillin Family Mementos.
(d) Important Stuff.
3. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
(a) Dick Francis.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Roger Wilkins.
(d) Richard Harris.
4. Where does Alice's father grow up?
(a) New York City.
(b) Rural North Carolina.
(c) New York's Westchester County.
(d) Nova Scotia.
5. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) At a bowling alley.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) At a swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what leads to his success in courting Alice?
2. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
3. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
4. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
5. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)