|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Mary Francis.
(b) Alice's father.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
2. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
(a) Alice's parents solve all of her problems for her.
(b) Alice acts as caretaker to her parents.
(c) Alice is spoiled. She is the center of her parent's lives.
(d) Alice admires her parents and models her own parenting style on theirs.
3. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
4. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
(a) Alice's father is pessimistic and irresponsible.
(b) Alice's father is cold and tightfisted with his money.
(c) Alice's father is realistic, responsible man.
(d) Alice's father is a sweet, optimistic man.
5. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
(a) A year after Alice dies.
(b) The year before Alice's bypass surgery.
(c) A year before Alice dies.
(d) The year Alice is diagnosed with lung cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
2. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
3. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
4. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
5. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)