|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Alice Trillin.
(d) Nora Ephron.
2. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) King Lear.
3. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
(a) Alice thinks it helps her parents receive better treatment by the nurses at the nursing home where they live.
(b) Alice thinks it helps her launch a modeling career.
(c) Alice thinks it helps her husband receive better reviews of his work by critics.
(d) Alice thinks it is a good way to make money.
4. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
(a) A year after Alice dies.
(b) A year before Alice dies.
(c) The year before Alice's bypass surgery.
(d) The year Alice is diagnosed with lung cancer.
5. What is Alice's maiden name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
2. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
3. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
4. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
5. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)