|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
(a) Alice's beauty opens doors in her career.
(b) Alice's beauty makes her vain.
(c) Alice's beauty has no disadvantages.
(d) Alice's beauty involves complications.
2. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Cancer patients.
(b) Stray animals.
(c) Alice's children.
(d) Alice's parents.
3. How many siblings does Alice have?
(a) None, Alice is an only child.
(b) Alice has a brother and a sister.
(c) Alice has a twin sister.
(d) Alice has two sisters.
4. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
(a) A photo of Alice teaching in a classroom. It is taken when she is in her thirties.
(b) A photo of Alice wearing a hat. It is taken when she is in her twenties.
(c) A photo of Alice taken in Italy. It is taken when she is in her fifties.
(d) A photo of Alice gardening. It is taken when she is in her forties.
5. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
2. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
3. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
4. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
5. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)