|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Alice's parents.
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Alice's children.
(d) Stray animals.
2. What is the headline in the magazine article in which Alice is featured as a model at the age of thirty-five?
(a) The picture of health.
(b) College instructor, mother and wife.
(c) The beauty and the brain.
(d) About Alice.
3. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(a) Ovarian cancer.
(b) Lung cancer.
4. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
(a) Alice does not remember how to get home from the plant nursery.
(b) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer, and receives a ticket.
(c) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer and does not receive a ticket.
(d) Alice is not asked for her identification at a bar.
5. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
(a) Alice looks just like her mother.
(b) Alice looks older than she is, due to her illness.
(c) Alice looks like a dietitian in sensible shoes.
(d) Alice looks young for her age and still attracts men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
2. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
3. What is the first book that Calvin writes after he meets Alice?
4. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
5. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)