|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
(a) Alice looks like a dietitian, but in actuality she is a talented writer.
(b) Alice is known as the class beauty and most popular cheerleader in high school.
(c) Alice is not pampered or snooty, despite the fact that she grows up in an affluent town and attends a prestigious college.
(d) Alice is seriously pampered and snooty in high school.
2. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
(a) Alice's 50th birthday.
(b) Alice's views on taxation.
(c) Alice's intellectualism.
(d) Alice's 61st birthday.
3. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
(a) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer and does not receive a ticket.
(b) Alice is not asked for her identification at a bar.
(c) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer, and receives a ticket.
(d) Alice does not remember how to get home from the plant nursery.
4. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
(a) A pen.
(b) A book.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A cigarette.
5. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
(b) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(c) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
(d) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
2. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
3. What does Alice's father do for a living?
4. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
5. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)