|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(b) King Lear.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
2. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
(a) Dick Francis.
(b) Richard Harris.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Roger Wilkins.
3. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
4. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
5. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
(b) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
(c) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
(d) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
2. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
3. What is Alice's maiden name?
4. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
5. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)