|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
(c) Isabelle Alice.
2. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
(a) Alice admires her parents and models her own parenting style on theirs.
(b) Alice acts as caretaker to her parents.
(c) Alice's parents solve all of her problems for her.
(d) Alice is spoiled. She is the center of her parent's lives.
3. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
(a) Yale University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Hofstra Universtity.
(d) Wellesley College.
4. According to Calvin, what kinds of men are attracted to Alice?
(a) Guys with pipes.
5. At the end of chapter two, Calvin states that he is reviewing the galleys of a book. What is the book's subject?
(a) Bicycling in New York.
(b) Eating in New York restaurants.
(c) Riding a bus in New York.
(d) Parking in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
2. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
3. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
4. Where does Alice attend college?
5. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)