|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
(b) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
(c) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
(d) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
2. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
(a) Alice's father is realistic, responsible man.
(b) Alice's father is cold and tightfisted with his money.
(c) Alice's father is pessimistic and irresponsible.
(d) Alice's father is a sweet, optimistic man.
3. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
(a) Educator, Author and Muse.
(b) Social Activist, Author and Muse.
(c) College Instructor, Mother and Wife.
(d) Educator, Wife and Mother.
4. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Alice's children.
(b) Alice's parents.
(c) Cancer patients.
(d) Stray animals.
5. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
(a) Alice leans on her mother.
(b) Alice's mother does not accept the help of others.
(c) Alice looks to her mother for advice on how to be a better parent.
(d) Alice takes care of her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
2. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
3. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
4. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
5. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)