|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
2. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two days.
3. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
(b) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(c) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
(d) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
4. According to Calvin, what leads to his success in courting Alice?
(a) His dumb luck and good looks.
(b) His dumb luck and one or two deliberate moves.
(c) His reluctance to speak.
(d) His pipe smoking and fame as a writer.
5. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
(a) Roger Wilkins.
(b) Richard Harris.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Dick Francis.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
2. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
3. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
4. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
5. What is the first thing that strikes Calvin about Alice when he sees her for the first time?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)