|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Calvin claims that the first time he sees Alice, he detects what quality about her heritage?
(a) Alice is Swedish.
(b) Alice is European.
(c) Alice is Irish.
(d) Alice is Jewish.
2. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
(b) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
(c) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
(d) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
3. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
(a) The wicked witch.
(b) The cancer victim.
(c) The goofball.
(d) The voice of reason.
4. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
(a) The food and the beverages.
(b) The hat and the pipe smoke.
(c) The pipe smoke and the glow.
(d) The hat and the punch bowl.
5. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
2. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
3. In chapter two, what fact about Dick Francis and his wife does Calvin share with the reader?
4. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
5. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)