|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
(a) A yellow hat.
(b) A black hat.
(c) A white hat.
(d) A red hat.
2. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
(a) A rough draft in need of edits.
(b) A winning job interview.
(c) A desperate comedy routine.
(d) A boring college lecture.
3. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(b) Trillin Family Mementos.
(d) Important Stuff.
4. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A book.
(c) A pen.
(d) A shoe.
5. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
(a) Alice takes out bank loans to finance her work with disadvantaged students.
(b) Alice takes out bank loans to invest in her father's vending machine invention.
(c) Alice takes out bank loans to tide her father over when he is low on money.
(d) Alice takes out bank loans to pay for her cancer treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
2. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
3. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
4. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
5. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)