|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
(a) "Where is my camera?"
2. What is the first book that Calvin writes after he meets Alice?
(a) A romance novel.
(b) A biography.
(c) A collection of comic short stories.
(d) A mystery novel.
3. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
(a) Alice looks young for her age and still attracts men.
(b) Alice looks like a dietitian in sensible shoes.
(c) Alice looks older than she is, due to her illness.
(d) Alice looks just like her mother.
4. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Ovarian cancer.
5. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
(a) Alice's beauty has no disadvantages.
(b) Alice's beauty involves complications.
(c) Alice's beauty makes her vain.
(d) Alice's beauty opens doors in her career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice's maiden name?
2. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
3. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
4. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
5. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)