Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following statements is true?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy is fourteen years older than Alice.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy is surgeon.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy is a dietitian.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy is a medical technician.
2. What is the name of the club where Alice sometimes has lunch with her friend Wally Popolizio?
(a) Italian-American Club.
(b) The New York Bridge Club.
(c) The New York Health and Fitness Club.
(d) Tiro e Segno.
3. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
(a) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer, and receives a ticket.
(b) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer and does not receive a ticket.
(c) Alice is not asked for her identification at a bar.
(d) Alice does not remember how to get home from the plant nursery.
4. According to Calvin, what is the definition of an intellectual?
(a) Someone who knows how to translate heuristics.
(b) Someone who knows the definition of holistic.
(c) Someone whose instinct is to analyze anything that happens and try to make some sense of it.
(d) Someone who knows the definition of holistic. Someone who translates fluently from the Toltec.
5. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(b) Trillin Family Mementos.
(d) Important Stuff.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
2. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
3. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
4. Where does Alice once work?
5. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)