Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
(b) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
(c) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
(d) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
2. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Mary Francis.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Alice's father.
(d) Nora Ephron.
3. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
(a) The hat and the pipe smoke.
(b) The hat and the punch bowl.
(c) The food and the beverages.
(d) The pipe smoke and the glow.
4. Where does Alice attend college?
(a) City University of New York.
(b) Wellesley College.
(c) Hofstra University.
(d) New York University.
5. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
(a) A book.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
2. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
3. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
4. At the end of chapter three, Calvin tells a story about Alice in which she makes an annual trip to which of the following locations?
5. According to Calvin, what leads to his success in courting Alice?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)