|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Calvin and Alice purchase their first home?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Nova Scotia.
(c) Long Island.
(d) New York City.
2. What is the name of the book that Alice writes based on a letter she writes?
(a) Dragon Slayer.
(b) Dear Bruno.
(c) Living With Cancer.
(d) Of Dragons and Garden Peas.
3. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
(a) Alice is not pampered or snooty, despite the fact that she grows up in an affluent town and attends a prestigious college.
(b) Alice looks like a dietitian, but in actuality she is a talented writer.
(c) Alice is seriously pampered and snooty in high school.
(d) Alice is known as the class beauty and most popular cheerleader in high school.
4. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
(c) Isabelle Alice.
5. According to Calvin, what is the definition of an intellectual?
(a) Someone who knows the definition of holistic.
(b) Someone who knows the definition of holistic. Someone who translates fluently from the Toltec.
(c) Someone whose instinct is to analyze anything that happens and try to make some sense of it.
(d) Someone who knows how to translate heuristics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Trillin, when Alice is being wheeled into the operating room for her bypass surgery, she ...
2. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
3. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
4. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
5. In what year does Alice die?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)