|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(b) Lung cancer.
(d) Ovarian cancer.
2. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
(a) Annie Navasky.
(b) Jane Maher.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Maggie Smith.
3. What is Abigail's relationship to Calvin Trillin?
(a) Abigail is Calvin's editor.
(b) Abigail is Calvin's mother-in-law.
(c) Abigail is Calvin's mother.
(d) Abigail is Calvin's daughter.
4. Alice is quoted at the end of chapter seven saying that she does something "truly awful." What does she do?
(a) She runs over a chipmunk.
(b) She stels drugs.
(c) She harshly criticizes her husband's writing.
(d) She reads a private note.
5. What is one of the projects completed by a company that Alice founded?
(a) A cigarette advertising campaign targeting teens.
(b) A textbook for medical students.
(c) A film about Calvin Trillin's career.
(d) A PBS series that describes various aspects of the visual and performing arts to children.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Abigail and Sarah graduates college, they live for a period of time in which state?
2. Who writes, "In the days after that bone scan, I can't find a hopeful way out ..."?
3. What type of child does Alice gravitate toward at the the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp?
4. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
5. Trillin states that while on a trip to a foreign country, the main subject for discussion by American tourists is ...
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)