|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Stray animals.
(b) Alice's parents.
(c) Alice's children.
(d) Cancer patients.
2. Which one of the following statements is true?
(a) For years, Calvin worries that he too gets cancer and that their daughters are orphaned.
(b) For years, Calvin does not think or talk about his conversation with Alice's surgeon in 1976.
(c) For years, whenever Calvin is in an airport, he breaks down in tears.
(d) For years, Calvin tries to convince Alice that she needs to quit smoking.
3. According to Trillin, what does Alice want him to do with the money he saves during college?
(a) Use it for their wedding.
(b) Use it as a down payment for their first house.
(c) Buy her a fur coat.
(d) Put it in their children's college fund.
4. In chapter six, what does a carpenter named Frank tell Alice during her home renovation project?
(a) Sooner or later, we're all going to leave, and this is going to be your place.
(b) I underestimate the amount of money this project costs you.
(c) It's going to be worth the trouble. Your children grow up here.
(d) I broke the banister.
5. What does Sarah do for a living?
(a) She is an investment banker.
(b) She is an actress.
(c) She is a teacher.
(d) She is a clinical social worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "we both want desperate love, approval, and admiration from each other"?
2. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
3. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
4. Alice tells people that her husband's idea of alternative medicine is ...
5. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)