|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Trillin family motto?
(a) Put Up Or Shut Up.
(b) Grow Up.
(c) Get With The Program.
(d) Pull Up Your Socks.
2. Which one of the following values does Alice NOT teach her children, according to Trillin?
(a) Smoking is a personal freedom that should be defended and protected.
(b) Worry about being kind and generous to people.
(c) Find meaning in the work you do.
(d) Do not over-value financial success.
3. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
(a) Fancy cars.
(b) Beautiful clothes.
(c) Expensive jewelry.
4. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
(a) New York City.
(c) San Francisco.
5. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
(a) "Where is my camera?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice's father do for a living?
2. Chapter seven begins with a New Yorker excerpt in which he discusses the following:
3. What does Mina do to cheer herself up, and to lift the spirits of those around her?
4. In 2001, what does Alice say about their daughter Abigail's wedding?
5. Calvin claims that the first time he sees Alice, he detects what quality about her heritage?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)