|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an e-mail, what does Alice say she is watching on TV the day after her daughter Abigail's wedding?
(a) The Honeymooners.
(b) A video of her daughter's wedding.
(c) The Sopranos.
(d) A PBS series on education.
2. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
(a) Alice takes out bank loans to tide her father over when he is low on money.
(b) Alice takes out bank loans to pay for her cancer treatment.
(c) Alice takes out bank loans to finance her work with disadvantaged students.
(d) Alice takes out bank loans to invest in her father's vending machine invention.
3. One of Alice's doctors says the following:
(a) "You need to quit smoking for good."
(b) "Imagine that you are a knight slaying a dragon."
(c) "Getting sick ... is like having a flower pot dropped on your head while you are walking down the street."
(d) "Vitamin C and apricots can work wonders."
4. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
(b) Isabelle Alice.
5. In chapter six, Trillin states that Alice has a strong desire to ...
(a) Own a fur coat.
(b) Own a dog.
(c) Own a house.
(d) Own a white hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter six, Trillin states that studies show most marital disagreements are about:
2. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
3. What is the relationship between Alice and Mina Shaughnessy?
4. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
5. Why does Alice write a letter to Bruno Navasky?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)