|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Calvin states that among married couples, the one who makes out the mortgage check is more like to do what?
(a) Be more successful.
(b) Be more relaxed about spending money.
(c) Be more cautious about spending money.
(d) Be more generous.
2. Who writes, "I am known among my friends and family as an incorrigible, even ridiculous optimist"?
3. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
(a) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to play tennis.
(b) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to participate in charades.
(c) He has new reason to hope.
(d) He begins to feel scared.
4. In 1976, one thing that troubles Trillin about the prospect of losing his wife is:
(a) That he cannot imagine helping the girls with their homework on his own.
(b) That he cannot imagine trusting anyone else to be involved in raising their girls.
(c) That he cannot imagine teaching his girls how to drive in New York City without Alice's help.
(d) That he cannot imagine himself cooking every meal for his girls.
5. In chapter six, Trillin states that Alice has a strong desire to ...
(a) Own a dog.
(b) Own a fur coat.
(c) Own a white hat.
(d) Own a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Alice writes based on a letter she writes?
2. What is Abigail's relationship to Calvin Trillin?
3. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
4. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
5. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)