|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
(a) Alice's intellectualism.
(b) Alice's 50th birthday.
(c) Alice's views on taxation.
(d) Alice's 61st birthday.
2. Trillin states that while on a trip to a foreign country, the main subject for discussion by American tourists is ...
(a) How much a hotel room cost.
(b) How much it snows.
(c) How much it rains.
(d) How much a melon cost.
3. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
(a) Alice looks young for her age and still attracts men.
(b) Alice looks like a dietitian in sensible shoes.
(c) Alice looks older than she is, due to her illness.
(d) Alice looks just like her mother.
4. What does Abigail do for a living?
(a) She is a TV reporter.
(b) She is a legal-services attorney for children.
(c) She is a model.
(d) She is a food critic.
5. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
(a) Educator, Wife and Mother.
(b) Social Activist, Author and Muse.
(c) Educator, Author and Muse.
(d) College Instructor, Mother and Wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah do for a living?
2. In chapter six, Trillin states that Alice has a strong desire to ...
3. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
4. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
5. In chapter four, an encounter is described taking place in an elevator between Alice and a young boy with cancer. What does he say about her type of cancer?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)