|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
(a) Educator, Wife and Mother.
(b) Social Activist, Author and Muse.
(c) Educator, Author and Muse.
(d) College Instructor, Mother and Wife.
2. In chapter six, what does a carpenter named Frank tell Alice during her home renovation project?
(a) I broke the banister.
(b) Sooner or later, we're all going to leave, and this is going to be your place.
(c) I underestimate the amount of money this project costs you.
(d) It's going to be worth the trouble. Your children grow up here.
3. In Alice's letter to Bruno Navasky, she states:
(a) It really isn't your fault, and there isn't much you can do about it except try to get the flower pot off your head and go on walking.
(b) I am very disappointed by an experience I have while shopping in your store.
(c) I've seen every single one of your plays and I have an idea for a script that I would like to discuss with you.
(d) I want to express my views on pending medical legislation.
4. According to Trillin, what does Alice want him to do with the money he saves during college?
(a) Use it for their wedding.
(b) Use it as a down payment for their first house.
(c) Buy her a fur coat.
(d) Put it in their children's college fund.
5. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
(a) Four and seven.
(b) Thirty-five and thirty-eight.
(c) Twelve and nine.
(d) Fourteen and eighteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
2. Where does Sarah get married?
3. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
4. What is Alice's maiden name?
5. How many siblings does Alice have?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)