|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
(a) The New Yorker.
(d) Times Magazine.
2. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
(a) Alice takes out bank loans to finance her work with disadvantaged students.
(b) Alice takes out bank loans to pay for her cancer treatment.
(c) Alice takes out bank loans to tide her father over when he is low on money.
(d) Alice takes out bank loans to invest in her father's vending machine invention.
3. What is the first thing that strikes Calvin about Alice when he sees her for the first time?
(a) Alice is opinionated.
(b) Alice looks more alive than anyone he sees.
(c) Alice is so very pretty.
(d) Alice is talkative.
4. According to Calvin, what does Alice exclaim when encountering a deer in a forest?
(d) "Where is my camera?"
5. Who says, "Life doesn't get much better than this"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does Alice NOT make in the e-mail that she writes the day after Abigail's wedding?
2. Who writes, "In the days after that bone scan, I can't find a hopeful way out ..."?
3. Of the following, which one is an accurate statement of Calvin's views?
4. What is Alice's professional background?
5. Why does Alice write a letter to Bruno Navasky?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)