|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Calvin and Alice fid themselves in a hotel room that is not as they expect, what do they do?
(a) They move to another hotel.
(b) They check out and immediately go home.
(c) They make the best of it.
(d) They complain to hotel management.
2. Chapter seven begins with a New Yorker excerpt in which he discusses the following:
(a) Bowling alleys and swimming pools.
(b) The difference between Chicago and New York style pizza.
(c) Rabbis and farmers.
(d) Attending school plays.
3. In chapter eight, Trillin reveals that, like Alice, he undergoes which surgery?
(a) A foot amputation.
(b) A bypass operation.
(c) An organ transplant.
(d) A facelift.
4. Where does Alice once work?
(b) Random House.
(c) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital
(d) Ford Modeling Agency.
5. Alice reads this note from a Hole in the Wall Gang camper's parents:
(a) Only you can prevent forest fires.
(b) If God gave us all of the children in the world to choose from ... we would only chose you.
(c) Knock 'em dead, kiddo.
(d) Remember to say please and thank you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Calvin claims that the first time he sees Alice, he detects what quality about her heritage?
2. The little girl at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp suffers from the following:
3. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
4. Where is Abigail's wedding ceremony?
5. What does Alice's father do for a living?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)