|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first book that Calvin writes after he meets Alice?
(a) A romance novel.
(b) A collection of comic short stories.
(c) A biography.
(d) A mystery novel.
2. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
(a) Connecticut Woods.
(b) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
3. What wi the parenting theory that Alice and Calvin share?
(a) Your children are either the center of your life or they are not.
(b) Your children should not watch TV.
(c) Your children should live at home until they get married.
(d) Your children are either born intellectuals or athletes.
4. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
(a) Alice thinks it helps her parents receive better treatment by the nurses at the nursing home where they live.
(b) Alice thinks it helps her launch a modeling career.
(c) Alice thinks it is a good way to make money.
(d) Alice thinks it helps her husband receive better reviews of his work by critics.
5. Why does Calvin endorse Alice's policy about school plays?
(a) He agrees that attending school plays gives parents an opportunity to demonstrate their priorities.
(b) He agrees that attending school plays is a waste of everyone's time, but eating dinner together is fundamental to raising children properly.
(c) He agrees that there are far better ways to spend an evening than sitting in a smelly auditorium.
(d) He agrees that attending school plays is not as important as attending church together.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
2. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
3. According to Trillin, Alice always says what about parents?
4. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
5. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)