|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement most closely resembles Alice's views, according to Trillin?
(a) If your child is in a school play, sit in the back row so you don't distract or embarrass your child.
(b) If your child is in a school play and you go to every performance, your child never learns to be independent.
(c) If your child is in a school play, critique them after each performance to help them improve.
(d) If your child is in a school play and you don't go to every performance, the county comes and takes the child.
2. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
(a) An estate.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A brownstone.
(d) A cottage.
3. According to Calvin, Alice believes which one of the following statements to be true?
(a) People with remedial skills cannot be taught.
(b) People who lack optimism cannot be taught.
(c) People who want to learn can be taught, no matter what their background.
(d) People with certain backgrounds, such as those in drug treatment programs, are unable to be taught.
4. In which hospital does Alice die?
(a) Lenox Hill Hospital.
(b) Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
(c) Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
(d) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital.
5. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(a) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
2. What type of cancer does Alice have?
3. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
4. In chapter seven, Trillin states that Abigail works for:
5. What does Mina do to cheer herself up, and to lift the spirits of those around her?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)