|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person says "I haven't had so much fun since the hogs ate little sister"?
(a) Calvin's father.
(b) Alice's father.
(d) Bruno Navasky.
2. Where does Alice once work?
(b) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital
(c) Random House.
(d) Ford Modeling Agency.
3. According to Trillin, when Alice is being wheeled into the operating room for her bypass surgery, she ...
(a) Is smiling and enthusiastic.
(b) Is grilling the doctor on his political affiliation.
(c) Is hysterically crying.
(d) Is playing solitare, her favorite game.
4. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(a) King Lear.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
5. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Alice and Mina Shaughnessy?
2. What wi the parenting theory that Alice and Calvin share?
3. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
4. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
5. Chapter eight begins with an excerpt from which book?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)