|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calvin's father do for a living?
(a) He is a grocer.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is an accountant.
(d) He is a broker.
2. In chapter seven, Calvin states that Alice consideres moving to which state to be closer to her daughters?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New Mexico.
3. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
(a) Social Activist, Author and Muse.
(b) College Instructor, Mother and Wife.
(c) Educator, Author and Muse.
(d) Educator, Wife and Mother.
4. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
(c) A cigarette smoking lounge.
(d) A cigarette smoking ban.
5. According to Trillin, Alice always says what about parents?
(a) Absentee parents are criminals.
(b) Parents have a huge influence on children when it comes to the big things.
(c) Helicopter parents should be jailed.
(d) Parents should be required to undergo mental health evaluations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alice buy a fur coat?
2. According to Calvin, which one of the following qualities does NOT characterize his wife Alice?
3. Who says, "You are the coolest girl I know"?
4. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
5. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)