|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Calvin Trillin is a writer for which publication?
(a) The Nation.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The New Yorker.
2. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
(a) The food and the beverages.
(b) The hat and the punch bowl.
(c) The pipe smoke and the glow.
(d) The hat and the pipe smoke.
3. Trillin states that he tells people he tries to instill the following values in his daughters:
(a) Selfishness and rapaciousness.
(b) Modesty and selflessness.
(c) Holiness and hygiene.
(d) Frugality and conformity.
4. What is the name of the book that Alice writes based on a letter she writes?
(a) Of Dragons and Garden Peas.
(b) Living With Cancer.
(c) Dear Bruno.
(d) Dragon Slayer.
5. What does Calvin's father do for a living?
(a) He is an accountant.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is a broker.
(d) He is a grocer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What programming does Alice produce for PBS?
2. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
3. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
4. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
5. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)