|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alice buy a fur coat?
(a) To wear during the cold Nova Scotia winters.
(b) To wear during the cold New York City winters.
(c) To wear on a trip to Alaska.
(d) To wear to a fashion show.
2. Calvin Trillin is a writer for which publication?
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Nation.
3. Where does Alice once work?
(a) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital
(b) Random House.
(c) Ford Modeling Agency.
4. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(c) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
5. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
(a) "Writing doesn't pay."
(b) "Money doesn't grow on trees."
(c) "Time is money."
(d) "Words Is Money."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what leads to his success in courting Alice?
2. Where does Alice's father grow up?
3. What is Alice's cause of death?
4. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
5. When Calvin and Alice fid themselves in a hotel room that is not as they expect, what do they do?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)