|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
(a) Alice takes out bank loans to invest in her father's vending machine invention.
(b) Alice takes out bank loans to tide her father over when he is low on money.
(c) Alice takes out bank loans to finance her work with disadvantaged students.
(d) Alice takes out bank loans to pay for her cancer treatment.
2. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
(a) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to play tennis.
(b) He is disappointed that Alice no longer is able to participate in charades.
(c) He begins to feel scared.
(d) He has new reason to hope.
3. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) Times Magazine.
4. Chapter eight begins with an excerpt from which book?
(a) The Secret Life of Bees.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Moby Dick.
(d) Family Man.
5. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
(a) Fancy cars.
(c) Beautiful clothes.
(d) Expensive jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calvin's father do for a living?
2. Who says, "You are the coolest girl I know"?
3. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
4. Who says, "Life doesn't get much better than this"?
5. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)