|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice is quoted at the end of chapter seven saying that she does something "truly awful." What does she do?
(a) She stels drugs.
(b) She reads a private note.
(c) She runs over a chipmunk.
(d) She harshly criticizes her husband's writing.
2. What dance surprises the waiters at Abigail's wedding reception?
(a) The horah.
(b) The limbo.
(c) The Macarena.
(d) The chicken dance.
3. In chapter seven, Trillin recalls that he encourages Abigail to work at:
(b) Cravath, Swaine & Moore.
(c) The Food Network.
(d) Yale University.
4. Chapter eight begins with an excerpt from which book?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Moby Dick.
(c) Family Man.
(d) The Secret Life of Bees.
5. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
(a) A photo of Alice wearing a hat. It is taken when she is in her twenties.
(b) A photo of Alice gardening. It is taken when she is in her forties.
(c) A photo of Alice teaching in a classroom. It is taken when she is in her thirties.
(d) A photo of Alice taken in Italy. It is taken when she is in her fifties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the projects completed by a company that Alice founded?
2. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
3. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
4. What reason does Bruno Navasky give for waiting so long reply to Alice's letter?
5. In Alice's letter to Bruno Navasky, she states:
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)