|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
2. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
(a) A year after Alice dies.
(b) A year before Alice dies.
(c) The year before Alice's bypass surgery.
(d) The year Alice is diagnosed with lung cancer.
3. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
(a) Alice is not asked for her identification at a bar.
(b) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer, and receives a ticket.
(c) Alice does not remember how to get home from the plant nursery.
(d) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer and does not receive a ticket.
4. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
(a) Educator, Wife and Mother.
(b) Social Activist, Author and Muse.
(c) College Instructor, Mother and Wife.
(d) Educator, Author and Muse.
5. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Alice's father.
(b) Mary Francis.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
2. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
3. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
4. In what year does Alice die?
5. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)