|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
(a) Alice is seriously pampered and snooty in high school.
(b) Alice looks like a dietitian, but in actuality she is a talented writer.
(c) Alice is not pampered or snooty, despite the fact that she grows up in an affluent town and attends a prestigious college.
(d) Alice is known as the class beauty and most popular cheerleader in high school.
2. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
(a) Alice's beauty has no disadvantages.
(b) Alice's beauty makes her vain.
(c) Alice's beauty opens doors in her career.
(d) Alice's beauty involves complications.
3. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
(a) A fast driver.
(b) A lass from Generation X.
(c) A World War II nurse.
(d) A dietitian in sensible shoes.
4. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
(a) Alice looks older than she is, due to her illness.
(b) Alice looks young for her age and still attracts men.
(c) Alice looks just like her mother.
(d) Alice looks like a dietitian in sensible shoes.
5. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
(a) Isabelle Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what leads to his success in courting Alice?
2. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
3. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
4. How does Calvin portray his wife Alice in books and magazine articles written before she dies?
5. What is Alice's mother doing for a living when she meets Alice's father?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)