|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(a) Ovarian cancer.
(c) Lung cancer.
2. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Alice's children.
(b) Alice's parents.
(c) Cancer patients.
(d) Stray animals.
3. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
4. Where does Alice's father grow up?
(a) Nova Scotia.
(b) New York City.
(c) New York's Westchester County.
(d) Rural North Carolina.
5. At the end of chapter three, Calvin tells a story about Alice in which she makes an annual trip to which of the following locations?
(a) A plant nursery in New Jersey.
(b) Her best friend's grave.
(c) A brownstone in Greenwich Village.
(d) A summer home in Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
2. What is the first book that Calvin writes after he meets Alice?
3. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
4. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
5. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)