|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
(a) Alice looks older than she is, due to her illness.
(b) Alice looks like a dietitian in sensible shoes.
(c) Alice looks young for her age and still attracts men.
(d) Alice looks just like her mother.
2. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
(a) Alice's beauty makes her vain.
(b) Alice's beauty opens doors in her career.
(c) Alice's beauty involves complications.
(d) Alice's beauty has no disadvantages.
3. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Stray animals.
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Alice's children.
(d) Alice's parents.
4. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
(a) Roger Wilkins.
(b) Dick Francis.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Richard Harris.
5. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
(a) August 1990.
(b) April 1965.
(c) December 1963.
(d) December 1976.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
2. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
3. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
4. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
5. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)