|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, what leads to his success in courting Alice?
(a) His dumb luck and one or two deliberate moves.
(b) His reluctance to speak.
(c) His dumb luck and good looks.
(d) His pipe smoking and fame as a writer.
2. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(c) Ovarian cancer.
(d) Lung cancer.
3. What is the headline in the magazine article in which Alice is featured as a model at the age of thirty-five?
(a) About Alice.
(b) The picture of health.
(c) College instructor, mother and wife.
(d) The beauty and the brain.
4. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A white hat.
(c) A black hat.
(d) A yellow hat.
5. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
(a) The food and the beverages.
(b) The pipe smoke and the glow.
(c) The hat and the pipe smoke.
(d) The hat and the punch bowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
2. At the end of chapter two, Calvin states that he is reviewing the galleys of a book. What is the book's subject?
3. What is the first thing that strikes Calvin about Alice when he sees her for the first time?
4. Where does Alice attend college?
5. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)