|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter two, Calvin states that he is reviewing the galleys of a book. What is the book's subject?
(a) Eating in New York restaurants.
(b) Riding a bus in New York.
(c) Parking in New York.
(d) Bicycling in New York.
2. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
(b) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
(c) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
(d) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
3. In what year does Alice die?
4. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
(a) Educator, Author and Muse.
(b) College Instructor, Mother and Wife.
(c) Social Activist, Author and Muse.
(d) Educator, Wife and Mother.
5. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
2. In chapter two, what fact about Dick Francis and his wife does Calvin share with the reader?
3. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
4. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
5. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)