|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Ovarian cancer.
2. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
(b) Times Magazine.
(c) The New Yorker.
3. At the end of chapter three, Calvin tells a story about Alice in which she makes an annual trip to which of the following locations?
(a) A brownstone in Greenwich Village.
(b) A summer home in Nova Scotia.
(c) Her best friend's grave.
(d) A plant nursery in New Jersey.
4. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
(a) Alice looks young for her age and still attracts men.
(b) Alice looks older than she is, due to her illness.
(c) Alice looks like a dietitian in sensible shoes.
(d) Alice looks just like her mother.
5. How many siblings does Alice have?
(a) None, Alice is an only child.
(b) Alice has a twin sister.
(c) Alice has two sisters.
(d) Alice has a brother and a sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
2. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
3. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
4. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
5. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)