|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(c) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
2. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
(a) Alice thinks it helps her launch a modeling career.
(b) Alice thinks it helps her parents receive better treatment by the nurses at the nursing home where they live.
(c) Alice thinks it helps her husband receive better reviews of his work by critics.
(d) Alice thinks it is a good way to make money.
3. What does Alice's father do for a living?
(a) Alice's father is a researcher.
(b) Alice's father is a vending machine repairman.
(c) Alice's father is a coal miner.
(d) Alice's father is a self-taught inventor.
4. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
(a) Nora Ephron.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Alice Trillin.
5. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(b) Lung cancer.
(c) Ovarian cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
2. Alice tells her husband that he peaks in which year?
3. How many siblings does Alice have?
4. In what year does Alice die?
5. At the end of chapter two, Calvin states that he is reviewing the galleys of a book. What is the book's subject?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)