|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
(a) A dietitian in sensible shoes.
(b) A World War II nurse.
(c) A fast driver.
(d) A lass from Generation X.
2. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) At a swimming pool.
(c) At a bowling alley.
(d) Greenwich Village.
3. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(b) Trillin Family Mementos.
(c) Important Stuff.
4. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
(a) Wellesley College.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Hofstra Universtity.
(d) New York University.
5. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(b) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
(c) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
(d) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
2. Where does Alice attend college?
3. Where does Alice's father grow up?
4. What is Alice's maiden name?
5. Calvin claims that the first time he sees Alice, he detects what quality about her heritage?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)