|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(a) Lung cancer.
(c) Ovarian cancer.
2. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
(a) Dick Francis.
(b) Roger Wilkins.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Richard Harris.
3. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
(a) A rough draft in need of edits.
(b) A desperate comedy routine.
(c) A boring college lecture.
(d) A winning job interview.
4. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
(a) Educator, Author and Muse.
(b) Social Activist, Author and Muse.
(c) Educator, Wife and Mother.
(d) College Instructor, Mother and Wife.
5. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
(a) Alice's father is pessimistic and irresponsible.
(b) Alice's father is cold and tightfisted with his money.
(c) Alice's father is a sweet, optimistic man.
(d) Alice's father is realistic, responsible man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
2. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
3. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
4. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
5. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)