|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
2. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
(a) A photo of Alice teaching in a classroom. It is taken when she is in her thirties.
(b) A photo of Alice wearing a hat. It is taken when she is in her twenties.
(c) A photo of Alice taken in Italy. It is taken when she is in her fifties.
(d) A photo of Alice gardening. It is taken when she is in her forties.
3. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
(a) Alice's mother does not accept the help of others.
(b) Alice looks to her mother for advice on how to be a better parent.
(c) Alice leans on her mother.
(d) Alice takes care of her mother.
4. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(a) Trillin Family Mementos.
(c) Important Stuff.
5. In chapter two, what fact about Dick Francis and his wife does Calvin share with the reader?
(a) Francis' wife is a frequent character in her husband's books.
(b) Francis is serious, and his wife never stops trying to impress him.
(c) Francis relies on his wife to help him produce his books.
(d) Francis and his wife meet at a magazine party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
2. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
3. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
4. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
5. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)