|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
(a) Alice admires her parents and models her own parenting style on theirs.
(b) Alice's parents solve all of her problems for her.
(c) Alice is spoiled. She is the center of her parent's lives.
(d) Alice acts as caretaker to her parents.
2. According to Calvin, what kinds of men are attracted to Alice?
(d) Guys with pipes.
3. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
(a) "Money doesn't grow on trees."
(b) "Time is money."
(c) "Writing doesn't pay."
(d) "Words Is Money."
4. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
5. According to Calvin, what leads to his success in courting Alice?
(a) His dumb luck and one or two deliberate moves.
(b) His reluctance to speak.
(c) His dumb luck and good looks.
(d) His pipe smoking and fame as a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
2. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
3. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
4. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
5. What is Alice's mother doing for a living when she meets Alice's father?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)