|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
(b) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
(c) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
(d) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
2. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
(a) Alice's father is realistic, responsible man.
(b) Alice's father is cold and tightfisted with his money.
(c) Alice's father is a sweet, optimistic man.
(d) Alice's father is pessimistic and irresponsible.
3. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
(a) Alice thinks it helps her parents receive better treatment by the nurses at the nursing home where they live.
(b) Alice thinks it helps her husband receive better reviews of his work by critics.
(c) Alice thinks it helps her launch a modeling career.
(d) Alice thinks it is a good way to make money.
4. What does Alice's father do for a living?
(a) Alice's father is a vending machine repairman.
(b) Alice's father is a self-taught inventor.
(c) Alice's father is a researcher.
(d) Alice's father is a coal miner.
5. Where does Alice attend college?
(a) New York University.
(b) City University of New York.
(c) Wellesley College.
(d) Hofstra University.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
2. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
3. Calvin claims that the first time he sees Alice, he detects what quality about her heritage?
4. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
5. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)