|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
(a) Alice thinks it helps her husband receive better reviews of his work by critics.
(b) Alice thinks it helps her launch a modeling career.
(c) Alice thinks it helps her parents receive better treatment by the nurses at the nursing home where they live.
(d) Alice thinks it is a good way to make money.
2. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
(a) December 1963.
(b) April 1965.
(c) December 1976.
(d) August 1990.
3. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
(b) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
(c) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
(d) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
4. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Alice's parents.
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Stray animals.
(d) Alice's children.
5. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Alice's father.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Mary Francis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
2. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
3. What does Alice's father do for a living?
4. How does Calvin describe the impact of Alice's beauty on her life?
5. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)