|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter two, what fact about Dick Francis and his wife does Calvin share with the reader?
(a) Francis is serious, and his wife never stops trying to impress him.
(b) Francis and his wife meet at a magazine party.
(c) Francis relies on his wife to help him produce his books.
(d) Francis' wife is a frequent character in her husband's books.
2. According to Calvin, what kinds of men are attracted to Alice?
(c) Guys with pipes.
3. Calvin states that among married couples, the one who makes out the mortgage check is more like to do what?
(a) Be more generous.
(b) Be more cautious about spending money.
(c) Be more relaxed about spending money.
(d) Be more successful.
4. In chapter one, what object does Alice wave in the air following Calvin's speech?
(a) A pen.
(b) A book.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A cigarette.
5. According to Calvin, which of the following best describes Alice at age fifty?
(a) Alice looks like a dietitian in sensible shoes.
(b) Alice looks just like her mother.
(c) Alice looks older than she is, due to her illness.
(d) Alice looks young for her age and still attracts men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
2. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
3. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
4. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
5. In chapter five, what does Calvin state about his conversation with Alice's doctor following her bypass operation?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)