|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Calvin use to describe the hotel room about which he argues with his wife while on a business trip?
2. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
(a) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer, and receives a ticket.
(b) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer and does not receive a ticket.
(c) Alice does not remember how to get home from the plant nursery.
(d) Alice is not asked for her identification at a bar.
3. At which institution does Alice teach English in her mid-twenties?
(a) Hofstra Universtity.
(b) Wellesley College.
(c) Yale University.
(d) New York University.
4. In chapter five, which movie is referenced?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Guys and Dolls.
(c) Pretty Woman.
(d) My Best Friend's Wedding.
5. In what year does Alice die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
2. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
3. At the end of chapter three, Calvin tells a story about Alice in which she makes an annual trip to which of the following locations?
4. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
5. According to Calvin, his father is appalled by what kind of people?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)