|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following statements is true?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy is surgeon.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy is fourteen years older than Alice.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy is a medical technician.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy is a dietitian.
2. Which of the following statements about Alice is true?
(a) She fights for smoker's rights.
(b) She promotes the idea of cigarette lounges in New York City.
(c) She hates cigarettes.
(d) She is a chain-smoker.
3. What is one of the most negative words that Alice uses to describe a person?
4. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) At a bowling alley.
(c) At a swimming pool.
(d) The Empire State Building.
5. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(c) Trillin Family Mementos.
(d) Important Stuff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
2. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
3. At the end of chapter two, Calvin states that he is reviewing the galleys of a book. What is the book's subject?
4. In chapter two, how much time passes between Calvin's first and second meeting with Alice?
5. Which of the following best describes "Of Dragons and Garden Peas"?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)