|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
(a) A year before Alice dies.
(b) The year Alice is diagnosed with lung cancer.
(c) The year before Alice's bypass surgery.
(d) A year after Alice dies.
2. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
(a) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer and does not receive a ticket.
(b) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer, and receives a ticket.
(c) Alice is not asked for her identification at a bar.
(d) Alice does not remember how to get home from the plant nursery.
3. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
(b) The New Yorker.
(d) Times Magazine.
4. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
(a) Governor George Pataki.
(b) Governor Olympia Snowe.
(c) Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(d) Governor Mario Cuomo.
5. In chapter five, which person is mentioned as having volunteered at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp?
(a) Julie Andrews.
(b) Paul Newman.
(c) Emma Roberts.
(d) Julia Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alice buy a fur coat?
2. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
3. Why does Calvin not want to pay the contractor more money than he originally quotes for their home project?
4. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
5. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)