|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter six, Calvin describes a home renovation project. Who acts as the project manager?
(a) Alice's father.
2. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Alice's children.
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Stray animals.
(d) Alice's parents.
3. In chapter six, what does a carpenter named Frank tell Alice during her home renovation project?
(a) I broke the banister.
(b) I underestimate the amount of money this project costs you.
(c) Sooner or later, we're all going to leave, and this is going to be your place.
(d) It's going to be worth the trouble. Your children grow up here.
4. In Calvin's second poem in chapter three, he likens Alice to which of the following?
(a) A dietitian in sensible shoes.
(b) A fast driver.
(c) A World War II nurse.
(d) A lass from Generation X.
5. What is the name of Alice's friend and colleague who has ovarian cancer?
(a) Jane Maher.
(b) Annie Navasky.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Maggie Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
2. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
3. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
4. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
5. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)