|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Alice Tax?
(a) An idea for raising funds through college alumni associations.
(b) A fee that Alice charges her husband for reading his rough drafts.
(c) A fine assessed to her children when they behave badly.
(d) An idea to place a limit on how much money people keep for themselves.
2. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
(a) People who "don't have a very nice life" are obscenely rich.
(b) People who "don't have a very nice life" are not as lucky as Alice and Calvin.
(c) People who "don't have a very nice life" are obscenely rich.
(d) People who "don't have a very nice life" are financially well off, but physically ill people who "don't have a very nice life" ware not as attractive as she.
3. At the end of chapter two, Calvin states that he is reviewing the galleys of a book. What is the book's subject?
(a) Riding a bus in New York.
(b) Parking in New York.
(c) Bicycling in New York.
(d) Eating in New York restaurants.
4. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
(a) A photo of Alice teaching in a classroom. It is taken when she is in her thirties.
(b) A photo of Alice gardening. It is taken when she is in her forties.
(c) A photo of Alice wearing a hat. It is taken when she is in her twenties.
(d) A photo of Alice taken in Italy. It is taken when she is in her fifties.
5. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York City.
(d) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alice buy a fur coat?
2. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
3. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
4. How many siblings does Alice have?
5. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)