|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
(a) Things like perfume, clothing, and jewelry should be purchased with money from her own paychecks.
(b) After a certain level of income, the government should take everything.
(c) Any money not spent on a luxury you can't afford is the equivalent of windfall income.
(d) A tax theory.
2. According to Calvin, what kinds of men are attracted to Alice?
(d) Guys with pipes.
3. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
(a) The Daily News.
(b) The Times.
(c) The Nation.
(d) The New Yorker.
4. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
(b) The environment.
(c) Animal rights.
(d) Foreign oil.
5. What reasons does Calvin give for stating that "Alice doesn't look like who she is"?
(a) Alice is seriously pampered and snooty in high school.
(b) Alice looks like a dietitian, but in actuality she is a talented writer.
(c) Alice is not pampered or snooty, despite the fact that she grows up in an affluent town and attends a prestigious college.
(d) Alice is known as the class beauty and most popular cheerleader in high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
2. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
3. What is the Alice Tax?
4. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
5. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)