|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alice buy a fur coat?
(a) To wear on a trip to Alaska.
(b) To wear to a fashion show.
(c) To wear during the cold New York City winters.
(d) To wear during the cold Nova Scotia winters.
2. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
(a) At a bowling alley.
(b) At a swimming pool.
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) The Empire State Building.
3. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
(a) Alice thinks it is a good way to make money.
(b) Alice thinks it helps her launch a modeling career.
(c) Alice thinks it helps her parents receive better treatment by the nurses at the nursing home where they live.
(d) Alice thinks it helps her husband receive better reviews of his work by critics.
4. In chapter three, who writes the article that accompanies the fashion spread in which Alice is featured?
(a) Alice Trillin.
(b) Nora Ephron.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
5. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
(a) " ... a role model to me and to women everywhere."
(b) " ... the most loving and devoted mother in the world."
(c) " ... the least cool person I have ever known."
(d) " ... an intellectual in a time when women are only expected to be pretty."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice attend college?
2. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
3. In chapter six, Trillin states that studies show most marital disagreements are about:
4. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
5. What word does Calvin use to describe the hotel room about which he argues with his wife while on a business trip?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)