|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
(a) A boring college lecture.
(b) A desperate comedy routine.
(c) A winning job interview.
(d) A rough draft in need of edits.
2. What advice does Calvin receive in the 1960s from an older writer at work?
(a) That Calvin reads his own rough drafts.
(b) That it is a good idea for Calvin to have his wife look at his first drafts.
(c) That Calvin shows his wife final drafts.
(d) That it is unwise of Calvin to show his wife his rough drafts.
3. What is one of the most negative words that Alice uses to describe a person?
4. Which one of the following statements is true?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy is surgeon.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy is a dietitian.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy is a medical technician.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy is fourteen years older than Alice.
5. How old is Alice when she is asked to be photographed by Doug Kirkland and model spring fashions in a magazine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
2. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
3. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
4. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
5. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)