|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
2. What point is Alice trying to make when she says that someone "doesn't have a very nice life"?
(a) People who "don't have a very nice life" are financially well off, but physically ill people who "don't have a very nice life" ware not as attractive as she.
(b) People who "don't have a very nice life" are obscenely rich.
(c) People who "don't have a very nice life" are obscenely rich.
(d) People who "don't have a very nice life" are not as lucky as Alice and Calvin.
3. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
(a) December 1976.
(b) August 1990.
(c) December 1963.
(d) April 1965.
4. What is the name of Calvin's youngest daughter?
(c) Isabelle Alice.
5. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Alice's father.
(b) Mary Francis.
(c) Nora Ephron.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trillin states that his goddaughter marries into a family with some involvement in what kind of industry?
2. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
3. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
4. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
5. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)