|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
(a) Alice takes care of her mother.
(b) Alice's mother does not accept the help of others.
(c) Alice leans on her mother.
(d) Alice looks to her mother for advice on how to be a better parent.
2. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
(a) Alice's father is cold and tightfisted with his money.
(b) Alice's father is pessimistic and irresponsible.
(c) Alice's father is a sweet, optimistic man.
(d) Alice's father is realistic, responsible man.
3. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
(a) Foreign oil.
(c) Animal rights.
(d) The environment.
4. Trillin states that while on a trip to a foreign country, the main subject for discussion by American tourists is ...
(a) How much a hotel room cost.
(b) How much it snows.
(c) How much a melon cost.
(d) How much it rains.
5. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
(a) Times Magazine.
(c) The New Yorker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
2. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
3. What is one of Alice's pet peeves?
4. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
5. Why does Alice buy a fur coat?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)