|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter one, Calvin includes an excerpt from a letter that Alice writes to a woman who is victimized. What Shakespeare play does she reference in her letter?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) King Lear.
2. Trillin states that he is brought up in which city?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York City.
(c) Kansas City.
3. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
(a) Come out of his shell.
(b) Remember what Alice is wearing the night he meets her.
(c) Gain Alice's trust.
(d) Impress Alice.
4. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
(a) New York City.
(b) San Francisco.
5. What is the name of Alice's friend and colleague who has ovarian cancer?
(a) Annie Navasky.
(b) Jane Maher.
(c) Maggie Smith.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what photo of Alice appears on the cover of the program at her memorial service?
2. In chapter two, what fact about Dick Francis and his wife does Calvin share with the reader?
3. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
4. Where does Alice's father grow up?
5. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)