|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
(a) Alice is a devout Jew who raises her children with traditional religious values.
(b) Alice is outspoken about her views on the importance of attending church as a family.
(c) Alice is somewhere between uninterested and hostile when it comes to religion.
(d) Alice converts to Catholicism as an adult.
2. What is the name of Alice's friend and colleague who has ovarian cancer?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy.
(b) Maggie Smith.
(c) Jane Maher.
(d) Annie Navasky.
3. At the end of chapter three, Calvin tells a story about Alice in which she makes an annual trip to which of the following locations?
(a) Her best friend's grave.
(b) A summer home in Nova Scotia.
(c) A plant nursery in New Jersey.
(d) A brownstone in Greenwich Village.
4. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
(a) A living nightmare.
(b) Living in squalor.
(c) Living like a graduate student.
(d) Living in a tree house.
5. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
(a) She is relatively well-off after she marries Calvin.
(b) She is very wealthy after she marries Calvin.
(c) She is the breadwinner in her marriage to Calvin.
(d) She has to make due with modest possessions after she marries Calvin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following statements is true?
2. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
3. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
4. According to Calvin, Alice has especially strong views about which of the following subjects?
5. In chapter six, Calvin describes a home renovation project. Who acts as the project manager?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)