|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter six, Trillin states that Alice has a strong desire to ...
(a) Own a house.
(b) Own a dog.
(c) Own a white hat.
(d) Own a fur coat.
2. What is the name of Alice's friend and colleague who has ovarian cancer?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy.
(b) Jane Maher.
(c) Annie Navasky.
(d) Maggie Smith.
3. According to Trillin, what does Alice want him to do with the money he saves during college?
(a) Use it as a down payment for their first house.
(b) Buy her a fur coat.
(c) Put it in their children's college fund.
(d) Use it for their wedding.
4. According to Calvin, he never stops trying to do what?
(a) Gain Alice's trust.
(b) Come out of his shell.
(c) Remember what Alice is wearing the night he meets her.
(d) Impress Alice.
5. Finish this sentence: Calvin states that if he works in a corporate job ...
(a) Alice helps him move up the corporate ladder.
(b) Alice helps him prepare for sales presentations.
(c) Alice prevents him from climbing the corporate ladder.
(d) Alice competes with him for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
2. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
3. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
4. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
5. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)