|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Trillin family motto?
(a) Get With The Program.
(b) Grow Up.
(c) Put Up Or Shut Up.
(d) Pull Up Your Socks.
2. In chapter two, how does Calvin characterize his behavior during his second meeting with Alice?
(a) A desperate comedy routine.
(b) A winning job interview.
(c) A rough draft in need of edits.
(d) A boring college lecture.
3. The little girl at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp suffers from the following:
(a) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from growing and one which keeps her from digesting any food.
(b) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her blind and one which prevents her from smiling.
(c) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from breathing and one which makes her blind.
(d) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her deaf and one which makes her blind.
4. In an e-mail, what does Alice say she is watching on TV the day after her daughter Abigail's wedding?
(a) The Honeymooners.
(b) The Sopranos.
(c) A video of her daughter's wedding.
(d) A PBS series on education.
5. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
(a) Alice thinks it helps her launch a modeling career.
(b) Alice thinks it helps her husband receive better reviews of his work by critics.
(c) Alice thinks it helps her parents receive better treatment by the nurses at the nursing home where they live.
(d) Alice thinks it is a good way to make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what publication is Alice's op-ed article on the subject of a smoking ban in New York City published?
2. What type of cancer does Alice have?
3. What is one of Alice's pet peeves?
4. Who writes, "I am known among my friends and family as an incorrigible, even ridiculous optimist"?
5. In chapter five, Alice is quoted as saying the following about her mother:
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)