|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The little girl at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp suffers from the following:
(a) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from breathing and one which makes her blind.
(b) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from growing and one which keeps her from digesting any food.
(c) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her blind and one which prevents her from smiling.
(d) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her deaf and one which makes her blind.
2. Why does Alice buy a fur coat?
(a) To wear during the cold Nova Scotia winters.
(b) To wear to a fashion show.
(c) To wear on a trip to Alaska.
(d) To wear during the cold New York City winters.
3. What does Calvin believe Alice says about living twenty-five years after her cancer diagnosis?
(a) "I should have said more prayers."
(b) "I'm so lucky!"
(c) "I wish that I had been a better mother!"
(d) "I know that doctor is wrong!"
4. At the end of chapter two, Calvin states that he is reviewing the galleys of a book. What is the book's subject?
(a) Bicycling in New York.
(b) Riding a bus in New York.
(c) Eating in New York restaurants.
(d) Parking in New York.
5. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
(a) The New Yorker.
(c) Times Magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, Alice believes which one of the following statements to be true?
2. According to Calvin, why does he show Alice everything he writes in rough draft?
3. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
4. According to Calvin, what is the definition of an intellectual?
5. According to Calvin, what kinds of men are attracted to Alice?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)