|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes, "I am known among my friends and family as an incorrigible, even ridiculous optimist"?
2. In chapter three, Calvin includes an excerpt from an article that Alice writes about her parents. Which of the following statements summarizes the point makes in the excerpt?
(a) Alice leans on her mother.
(b) Alice takes care of her mother.
(c) Alice looks to her mother for advice on how to be a better parent.
(d) Alice's mother does not accept the help of others.
3. What is the headline in the magazine article in which Alice is featured as a model at the age of thirty-five?
(a) About Alice.
(b) The picture of health.
(c) The beauty and the brain.
(d) College instructor, mother and wife.
4. What is Alice's professional background?
(a) Alice is an English professor.
(b) Alice is a politician.
(c) Alice is a film editor.
(d) Alice is a model and actress.
5. One of the young surgical residents dioesthe following after Alice's bypass operation:
(a) He smuggles cigarettes into her room.
(b) He dozes in a chair next to her bed following the surgery.
(c) He says that Alice is making him earn his pay.
(d) He asks for her autograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Alice Tax?
2. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
3. Of the following, which is a quote from chapter even?
4. Who writes, "In the days after that bone scan, I can't find a hopeful way out ..."?
5. In an e-mail, what does Alice say she is watching on TV the day after her daughter Abigail's wedding?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)