|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, why does Alice take out bank loans in her twenties?
(a) Alice takes out bank loans to pay for her cancer treatment.
(b) Alice takes out bank loans to finance her work with disadvantaged students.
(c) Alice takes out bank loans to invest in her father's vending machine invention.
(d) Alice takes out bank loans to tide her father over when he is low on money.
2. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
(a) At a bowling alley.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) At a swimming pool.
(d) Greenwich Village.
3. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy.
(b) Jane Maher.
(c) Annie Navasky.
(d) Maggie Smith.
4. When Calvin and Alice fid themselves in a hotel room that is not as they expect, what do they do?
(a) They complain to hotel management.
(b) They move to another hotel.
(c) They check out and immediately go home.
(d) They make the best of it.
5. Trillin states that he tells people he tries to instill the following values in his daughters:
(a) Selfishness and rapaciousness.
(b) Modesty and selflessness.
(c) Frugality and conformity.
(d) Holiness and hygiene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abigail do for a living?
2. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
3. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
4. In Alice's letter to Bruno Navasky, she states:
5. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)