|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
(a) The New Yorker.
(d) Times Magazine.
2. In chapter five, which movie is referenced?
(a) Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Pretty Woman.
(c) My Best Friend's Wedding.
(d) Guys and Dolls.
3. What does a neighbor say to Calvin a few weeks after Alice's surgery in 1976?
(a) Meditation and yoga can cure most cancers.
(b) Alice should quit smoking.
(c) God bless Alice.
(d) She's going to need to change her lifestyle.
4. Trillin states that his goddaughter marries into a family with some involvement in what kind of industry?
5. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
(a) Nora Ephron.
(b) Alice's father.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Mary Francis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
2. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
3. Why does Alice buy a fur coat?
4. Select the city in which Calvin and Alice have a disagreement about money.
5. In chapter seven, Trillin includes an excerpt from a New Yorker article written by Alice. What is the subject of that article?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)