|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
(a) Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(b) Governor Olympia Snowe.
(c) Governor George Pataki.
(d) Governor Mario Cuomo.
2. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
(a) Alice is somewhere between uninterested and hostile when it comes to religion.
(b) Alice is a devout Jew who raises her children with traditional religious values.
(c) Alice converts to Catholicism as an adult.
(d) Alice is outspoken about her views on the importance of attending church as a family.
3. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Alice's children.
(b) Stray animals.
(c) Alice's parents.
(d) Cancer patients.
4. Who says, "we both want desperate love, approval, and admiration from each other"?
5. Trillin characterizes the relationship between Alice and his daughter Sarah as:
(b) Nothing but harmonious.
(d) A hornet's nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abigail's relationship to Calvin Trillin?
2. Calvin states that among married couples, the one who makes out the mortgage check is more like to do what?
3. Trillin states that his goddaughter marries into a family with some involvement in what kind of industry?
4. When Calvin and Alice fid themselves in a hotel room that is not as they expect, what do they do?
5. In an e-mail, what does Alice say she is watching on TV the day after her daughter Abigail's wedding?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)