|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Life doesn't get much better than this"?
2. Where is Abigail's wedding reception?
(a) A dim-sum parlor in Chinatown.
(b) A park in San Francisco.
(c) A hotel in Tokyo.
(d) The Waldorf-Astoria hotel.
3. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
(a) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
(d) Connecticut Woods.
4. Which one of the following statements is true?
(a) For years, Calvin does not think or talk about his conversation with Alice's surgeon in 1976.
(b) For years, Calvin worries that he too gets cancer and that their daughters are orphaned.
(c) For years, whenever Calvin is in an airport, he breaks down in tears.
(d) For years, Calvin tries to convince Alice that she needs to quit smoking.
5. What advice does Calvin receive in the 1960s from an older writer at work?
(a) That it is a good idea for Calvin to have his wife look at his first drafts.
(b) That Calvin shows his wife final drafts.
(c) That Calvin reads his own rough drafts.
(d) That it is unwise of Calvin to show his wife his rough drafts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
2. Which of the following statements about Alice is true?
3. According to Calvin, Alice believes which one of the following statements to be true?
4. Who says, "we both want desperate love, approval, and admiration from each other"?
5. Who says, "You are the coolest girl I know"?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)