|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which is a quote from chapter even?
(a) "Alice sneaks cigarettes in her hotel room."
(b) "The most tragic thing of all is that Alice never gets to see her daughters get married."
(c) "I think she believes in the transformative power of undiluted love."
(d) "She begins to think that life is not worth living."
2. Where does Alice once work?
(a) Random House.
(b) Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital
(d) Ford Modeling Agency.
3. In chapter five, which movie is referenced?
(a) My Best Friend's Wedding.
(b) Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Guys and Dolls.
(d) Pretty Woman.
4. In 2001, what does Alice say about their daughter Abigail's wedding?
(a) Alice asks Abigail to try to move the wedding date up.
(b) Alice asks Abigail if she can get married at home instead.
(c) Alice tells Calvin that the wedding has to go on, no matter how badly her health deteriorates, and regardless of whether she attends.
(d) Alice asks Calvin to film the wedding so that she can watch it afterward.
5. Which governor does Alice tease about being a Republican?
(a) Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
(b) Governor Mario Cuomo.
(c) Governor George Pataki.
(d) Governor Olympia Snowe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice's reasoning for agreeing to be photographed in a fashion issue of a magazine?
2. Who writes, "In the days after that bone scan, I can't find a hopeful way out ..."?
3. What is the name of the book that Alice writes based on a letter she writes?
4. Who says, "Life doesn't get much better than this"?
5. In chapter six, Trillin states that studies show most marital disagreements are about:
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)