|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(c) Nova Scotia.
(d) Long Island.
2. What is the name of the book that Alice writes based on a letter she writes?
(a) Dear Bruno.
(b) Dragon Slayer.
(c) Living With Cancer.
(d) Of Dragons and Garden Peas.
3. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
(c) Trillin Family Mementos.
(d) Important Stuff.
4. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
(b) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(c) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
(d) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
5. In chapter seven, Trillin includes an excerpt from a New Yorker article written by Alice. What is the subject of that article?
(a) The objectification of women in Hollywood.
(b) Her will to live. She wants to live to see her daughters get married.
(c) The tricky art of gardening in Nova Scotia.
(d) Socialism in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
2. Why does Calvin endorse Alice's policy about school plays?
3. Which person says "I haven't had so much fun since the hogs ate little sister"?
4. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
5. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)