|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Calvin, what is Alice wearing when he sees her for the first time?
(a) A black hat.
(b) A white hat.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A yellow hat.
2. Where does Alice spend her childhood?
(a) Alice grows up in Greenwich and Nova Scotia.
(b) Alice grows up in North Carolina and Long Island.
(c) Alice grows up in Greenhaven and Harrison, New York.
(d) Alice grows up in New York City and New Jersey.
3. In chapter six, Trillin states that studies show most marital disagreements are about:
(a) Extramarital affairs.
4. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
(a) "Words Is Money."
(b) "Money doesn't grow on trees."
(c) "Time is money."
(d) "Writing doesn't pay."
5. What does Abigail do for a living?
(a) She is a legal-services attorney for children.
(b) She is a TV reporter.
(c) She is a model.
(d) She is a food critic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most negative words that Alice uses to describe a person?
2. Finish this sentence: Calvin states that if he works in a corporate job ...
3. In chapter three, Calvin includes a quote from a friend of Alice who speaks at her memorial service. Who is this person?
4. Who writes the condolence letter that makes Calvin laugh?
5. In chapter five, an article on what subject in the Times enraged Alice?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)