|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following, which does Calvin NOT list among those Alice frequently takes care of?
(a) Alice's children.
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Alice's parents.
(d) Stray animals.
2. In what month and year does Calvin first meet Alice?
(a) April 1965.
(b) December 1963.
(c) December 1976.
(d) August 1990.
3. Who writes, "In the days after that bone scan, I can't find a hopeful way out ..."?
(a) Alice Trillin.
(b) Nora Ephron.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy.
(d) Mary Francis.
4. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
(a) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
(b) Connecticut Woods.
5. What does Calvin's father do for a living?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is a broker.
(c) He is a grocer.
(d) He is an accountant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Alice Tax?
2. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
3. One of Alice's doctors says the following:
4. What is the name of the book that Alice writes based on a letter she writes?
5. How many siblings does Alice have?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)