|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice reads this note from a Hole in the Wall Gang camper's parents:
(a) Knock 'em dead, kiddo.
(b) Only you can prevent forest fires.
(c) If God gave us all of the children in the world to choose from ... we would only chose you.
(d) Remember to say please and thank you.
2. Which statement best describes Alice's upbringing?
(a) Alice is spoiled. She grows up in a house with a backyard swimming pool and a basement bowling alley.
(b) Alice is a pampered and wealthy girl who is captain of her cheerleading team.
(c) Alice is not popular in school. She is the class brain and is virtually never asked out.
(d) Alice is poor and lives in squalor in a basement apartment in New York City.
3. In chapter two, what fact about Dick Francis and his wife does Calvin share with the reader?
(a) Francis relies on his wife to help him produce his books.
(b) Francis is serious, and his wife never stops trying to impress him.
(c) Francis' wife is a frequent character in her husband's books.
(d) Francis and his wife meet at a magazine party.
4. According to Calvin, his wife enjoys spending money on which one of the following?
(a) Fancy cars.
(c) Expensive jewelry.
(d) Beautiful clothes.
5. In chapter five, Trillin states that he once gives a speech at the annual dinner for which organization?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Yale Senior Society.
(c) Yale-Newhaven Hospital.
(d) The Yale Westchester Alumni Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Alice die?
2. What is one of the most negative words that Alice uses to describe a person?
3. What is the name of the magazine that hosts the party where Calvin first meets Alice?
4. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
5. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)