|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Alice's mother suffer from?
(c) Lung cancer.
(d) Ovarian cancer.
2. What is one of Alice's pet peeves?
(a) Getting speeding tickets.
(b) Traveling to foreign countries.
(c) Cigarette companies that give young people the impression that smoking is cool.
(d) Spending money on clothes.
3. Why does Calvin endorse Alice's policy about school plays?
(a) He agrees that there are far better ways to spend an evening than sitting in a smelly auditorium.
(b) He agrees that attending school plays is a waste of everyone's time, but eating dinner together is fundamental to raising children properly.
(c) He agrees that attending school plays is not as important as attending church together.
(d) He agrees that attending school plays gives parents an opportunity to demonstrate their priorities.
4. According to Trillin, Alice always says what about parents?
(a) Parents should be required to undergo mental health evaluations.
(b) Helicopter parents should be jailed.
(c) Parents have a huge influence on children when it comes to the big things.
(d) Absentee parents are criminals.
5. Where does Calvin and Alice have a summer home?
(a) Long Island.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(d) Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Calvin use to describe the hotel room about which he argues with his wife while on a business trip?
2. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
3. Which phrase best characterizes the relationship that Alice has with her parents?
4. Chapter seven begins with a New Yorker excerpt in which he discusses the following:
5. What does Calvin believe Alice says about living twenty-five years after her cancer diagnosis?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)