|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Calvin and Alice fid themselves in a hotel room that is not as they expect, what do they do?
(a) They make the best of it.
(b) They move to another hotel.
(c) They check out and immediately go home.
(d) They complain to hotel management.
2. In chapter six, Trillin states that Alice has a strong desire to ...
(a) Own a white hat.
(b) Own a house.
(c) Own a fur coat.
(d) Own a dog.
3. What is one of the projects completed by a company that Alice founded?
(a) A cigarette advertising campaign targeting teens.
(b) A PBS series that describes various aspects of the visual and performing arts to children.
(c) A film about Calvin Trillin's career.
(d) A textbook for medical students.
4. One of the young surgical residents dioesthe following after Alice's bypass operation:
(a) He asks for her autograph.
(b) He dozes in a chair next to her bed following the surgery.
(c) He smuggles cigarettes into her room.
(d) He says that Alice is making him earn his pay.
5. What is Alice's Law of Compensatory Cash Flow?
(a) A tax theory.
(b) Any money not spent on a luxury you can't afford is the equivalent of windfall income.
(c) After a certain level of income, the government should take everything.
(d) Things like perfume, clothing, and jewelry should be purchased with money from her own paychecks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of the poem at the introduction of chapter three?
2. What does a neighbor say to Calvin a few weeks after Alice's surgery in 1976?
3. Trillin states that while on a trip to a foreign country, the main subject for discussion by American tourists is ...
4. Chapter eight begins with an excerpt from which book?
5. What is the name of the City College program in which Alice teaches under-prepared students?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)