|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Calvin states that he and his wife disagree about which of the following details from the night when they first meet?
(a) The food and the beverages.
(b) The hat and the punch bowl.
(c) The hat and the pipe smoke.
(d) The pipe smoke and the glow.
2. In chapter five, Trillin states that he once gives a speech at the annual dinner for which organization?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Yale-Newhaven Hospital.
(c) The Yale Westchester Alumni Association.
(d) Yale Senior Society.
3. What is the headline for Alice's obituary in the Times?
(a) College Instructor, Mother and Wife.
(b) Social Activist, Author and Muse.
(c) Educator, Author and Muse.
(d) Educator, Wife and Mother.
4. How old are Alice's daughters when she has her first surgery following her cancer diagnosis?
(a) Twelve and nine.
(b) Four and seven.
(c) Thirty-five and thirty-eight.
(d) Fourteen and eighteen.
5. The little girl at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp suffers from the following:
(a) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from growing and one which keeps her from digesting any food.
(b) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her deaf and one which makes her blind.
(c) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her blind and one which prevents her from smiling.
(d) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from breathing and one which makes her blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter eight begins with an excerpt from which book?
2. "You ware the coolest girl I know" is said at the memorial service for which person?
3. What word does Calvin use to describe the hotel room about which he argues with his wife while on a business trip?
4. Where does Alice's father first meet Alice's mother?
5. Which person says "I haven't had so much fun since the hogs ate little sister"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)