|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's maiden name?
2. Which person says "I haven't had so much fun since the hogs ate little sister"?
(b) Calvin's father.
(c) Alice's father.
(d) Bruno Navasky.
3. What is Alice's cause of death?
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) Cardiac arrest.
(d) Drug overdose.
4. What is Abigail's relationship to Calvin Trillin?
(a) Abigail is Calvin's mother-in-law.
(b) Abigail is Calvin's editor.
(c) Abigail is Calvin's daughter.
(d) Abigail is Calvin's mother.
5. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
(a) Alice does not remember how to get home from the plant nursery.
(b) Alice is not asked for her identification at a bar.
(c) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer, and receives a ticket.
(d) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer and does not receive a ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Bruno Navasky give for waiting so long reply to Alice's letter?
2. What programming does Alice produce for PBS?
3. Of the following, which one best describes Calvin and Alice's first home?
4. "You ware the coolest girl I know" is said at the memorial service for which person?
5. Trillin states that while on a trip to a foreign country, the main subject for discussion by American tourists is ...
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)