|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter five, which person is mentioned as having volunteered at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp?
(a) Julia Roberts.
(b) Emma Roberts.
(c) Paul Newman.
(d) Julie Andrews.
2. One of the young surgical residents dioesthe following after Alice's bypass operation:
(a) He asks for her autograph.
(b) He says that Alice is making him earn his pay.
(c) He dozes in a chair next to her bed following the surgery.
(d) He smuggles cigarettes into her room.
3. At the end of chapter three, Calvin describes an event in Alice's life that takes her by surprise. What happens?
(a) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer, and receives a ticket.
(b) Alice is stopped for speeding by a police officer and does not receive a ticket.
(c) Alice is not asked for her identification at a bar.
(d) Alice does not remember how to get home from the plant nursery.
4. In 2001, what does Alice say about their daughter Abigail's wedding?
(a) Alice asks Abigail if she can get married at home instead.
(b) Alice asks Abigail to try to move the wedding date up.
(c) Alice tells Calvin that the wedding has to go on, no matter how badly her health deteriorates, and regardless of whether she attends.
(d) Alice asks Calvin to film the wedding so that she can watch it afterward.
5. Trillin characterizes the relationship between Alice and his daughter Sarah as:
(b) Nothing but harmonious.
(c) A hornet's nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the SEEK program acronym stand for?
2. What is the name of the Calvin's eldest daughter?
3. Where does Calvin keep one of the photos of Alice from the article in chapter three?
4. According to Calvin, what is the definition of an intellectual?
5. In chapter three, what is the name of the publication in which Alice is featured in a fashion spread?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)