|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's phrase for living in surroundings that are less than nice?
(a) Living in squalor.
(b) Living in a tree house.
(c) A living nightmare.
(d) Living like a graduate student.
2. Why does Calvin not want to pay the contractor more money than he originally quotes for their home project?
(a) He does a bad job on the project.
(b) He breaks the banister.
(c) He steals Alice's fur coat.
(d) The estimated should be correct before starting the project.
3. After Abigail and Sarah graduates college, they live for a period of time in which state?
(a) New Mexico.
4. In the days when he is renovating his home, Trillin has this quote above his typewriter.
(a) "Time is money."
(b) "Words Is Money."
(c) "Writing doesn't pay."
(d) "Money doesn't grow on trees."
5. Who says, "She wants to protect us from worry, from sadness, from loneliness ..."?
(d) Alice's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Calvin use to describe the hotel room about which he argues with his wife while on a business trip?
2. What is written on the envelope in which Alice keeps special items?
3. How does Calvin characterize his father-in-law?
4. Which statement does Trillin make about Alice's cause of death?
5. What wi the parenting theory that Alice and Calvin share?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)