|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The little girl at the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp suffers from the following:
(a) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her blind and one which prevents her from smiling.
(b) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from growing and one which keeps her from digesting any food.
(c) Two genetic diseases, one which makes her deaf and one which makes her blind.
(d) Two genetic diseases, one which keeps her from breathing and one which makes her blind.
2. In an e-mail, what does Alice say she is watching on TV the day after her daughter Abigail's wedding?
(a) The Sopranos.
(b) A PBS series on education.
(c) The Honeymooners.
(d) A video of her daughter's wedding.
3. Alice serves on the board of what organization for children with cancer and other illnesses?
(b) Connecticut Woods.
(c) The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
4. Who writes, "I am known among my friends and family as an incorrigible, even ridiculous optimist"?
5. Of the following, which is a quote from chapter even?
(a) "The most tragic thing of all is that Alice never gets to see her daughters get married."
(b) "Alice sneaks cigarettes in her hotel room."
(c) "I think she believes in the transformative power of undiluted love."
(d) "She begins to think that life is not worth living."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Calvin, what is the definition of an intellectual?
2. What type of child does Alice gravitate toward at the the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp?
3. What does a neighbor say to Calvin a few weeks after Alice's surgery in 1976?
4. What assumption does Alice make before she marries Calvin?
5. What is the headline in the magazine article in which Alice is featured as a model at the age of thirty-five?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)