|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman serve as a personal and professional mentor to Alice?
(a) Maggie Smith.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy.
(c) Jane Maher.
(d) Annie Navasky.
2. Which of the following statements about Alice is true?
(a) She hates cigarettes.
(b) She promotes the idea of cigarette lounges in New York City.
(c) She fights for smoker's rights.
(d) She is a chain-smoker.
3. When does Calvin read the obituary of Dick Francis' wife?
(a) The year before Alice's bypass surgery.
(b) A year before Alice dies.
(c) The year Alice is diagnosed with lung cancer.
(d) A year after Alice dies.
4. What is the name of the club where Alice sometimes has lunch with her friend Wally Popolizio?
(a) Italian-American Club.
(b) The New York Bridge Club.
(c) Tiro e Segno.
(d) The New York Health and Fitness Club.
5. Which one of the following statements is true?
(a) Mina Shaughnessy is a dietitian.
(b) Mina Shaughnessy is surgeon.
(c) Mina Shaughnessy is a medical technician.
(d) Mina Shaughnessy is fourteen years older than Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "we both want desperate love, approval, and admiration from each other"?
2. Calvin states that he never sees Alice read which type of magazine?
3. Alice is quoted at the end of chapter seven saying that she does something "truly awful." What does she do?
4. Trillin characterizes the relationship between Alice and his daughter Sarah as:
5. Which phrase best describes Alice's religious views?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)