|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marcus interrupt at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Will and Fiona.
(b) Will and Suzie.
(c) Nick and Suzie.
(d) Fiona and her boyfriend.
2. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
(a) She weeps uncontrollably.
(b) She giggles.
(c) She ends the relationship first.
(d) She pretends not to hear him.
3. What does Will ask Suzie in Chapter 12?
(a) If it would be appropriate to take Marcus out for an afternoon.
(b) If she needs him to babysit.
(c) If Marcus is adopted.
(d) If she would go out with him.
4. What does SPAT stand for?
(a) Sandwiches, Pizza And Tacos.
(b) Single Parents, Alone Together.
(c) Science Psycology, Abstract Thinking
(d) Single Parents, Always Tired.
5. What is Will bored of in Chapter 12?
(a) His friends.
(b) The weather.
(c) His neighborhood.
(d) His normal routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcus turn off the film in Chapter 11?
2. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
3. What kind of film do Marcus and his mother begin to watch in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Suzie introduce Will to in Chapter 8?
5. Who is Ned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Marcus' mother in Chapter 1? How does this affect Marcus and how does he try to make his mother feel better?
2. What lie does Will tell at the SPAT meeting?
3. What lie does Will tell in Chapter 8?
4. From whose perspective is the novel "About a Boy" told from?
5. How does Marcus find his mother when he returns home in Chapter 7? What does she tell him?
6. How is Will feeling about his life in Chapter 12?
7. Why does Will buy Marcus shoes?
8. Describe Will as depicted in Chapter 2.
9. What frightens Marcus is Chapter 5?
10. Why is Marcus bullied and how does he handle the bullying?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)