|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
(a) He must have been trying to catch it.
(b) He must have been trying to kill the duck.
(c) He must have been trying to shoo it away.
(d) He must not have seen it.
2. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
(a) So he would not be alone if his mother died.
(b) Because the needs of each member often fall to the wayside.
(c) Because he and his mother have never been closer.
(d) He and his mother are drifting apart.
3. Who is Ned?
(a) Will's nephew.
(b) Will's made-up son.
(c) Will's son.
(d) Will's father.
4. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
(a) Distract her.
(b) Make her cry.
(c) Make her angry.
(d) Frustrate her.
5. Why does Will never get any job offers?
(a) He has no job history.
(b) He only applies for jobs he is unqualified for.
(c) He is always late for interviews.
(d) He has bad work references.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will do when Fiona calls him again in Chapter 14?
2. What does Will prefer not to do when it comes to women?
3. What does Marcus do at Will's apartment in Chapter 15?
4. After many visits from Marcus, what does Will stop doing?
5. Who is Roger?
Short Essay Questions
1. From whose perspective is the novel "About a Boy" told from?
2. What do Marcus, Suzie and Will discover at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What happens to Marcus' mother in Chapter 1? How does this affect Marcus and how does he try to make his mother feel better?
4. How is Will feeling about his life in Chapter 12?
5. What happens to a duck at the SPAT picnic? How does Will cover up for Marcus because of the duck?
6. How does Will come to the realization that single mothers are the perfect companions for men with commitment issues?
7. Describe Will's lunch with Marcus and Fiona in Chapter 13.
8. How does Marcus find his mother when he returns home in Chapter 7? What does she tell him?
9. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
10. What lie does Will tell at the SPAT meeting?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)