|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Marcus' visits.
(c) Marcus going off to college.
(d) Marcus' fish and chips.
2. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
(a) Douglas Coupland.
(b) David Sedaris.
(c) Nick Hornby.
(d) John Grisham.
3. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
(a) They already have too many friends.
(b) They are being teased because Marcus is around.
(c) He has a strange odor.
(d) He is mean to them.
4. What does Will suggest when Marcus tells him about his troubles at school?
(a) He suggests telling the principal.
(b) He suggests writing a letter to the administration.
(c) He suggests changing his appearance.
(d) He suggests ignoring his bullies.
5. What does SPAT stand for?
(a) Single Parents, Alone Together.
(b) Sandwiches, Pizza And Tacos.
(c) Single Parents, Always Tired.
(d) Science Psycology, Abstract Thinking
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the item(s) that Will buys for Marcus in Chapter 16?
2. What does Marcus try to force Will and Fiona to do over lunch in Chapter 13?
3. What do Fiona and Marcus do that Will has no interest in in Chapter 14?
4. What has Marcus hit a duck with at the SPAT picnic?
5. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Will tell in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Marcus try to turn off the film in Chapter 11?
3. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
4. How is Will feeling about his life in Chapter 12?
5. What happens to Marcus at the news agent's store in Chapter 7?
6. How does Will become involved again with Marcus in Chapter 12?
7. Why does Marcus blame his mother and teachers for the bullying he faces at school?
8. Who is Angie?
9. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
10. What does Marcus conclude about his family in Chapter 11?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)