|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus do at Will's apartment in Chapter 15?
(a) He cleans the kitchen.
(b) He throws a tennis ball against a wall.
(c) He moves the furniture.
(d) He watches TV and explores Will's flat.
2. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
(a) His dying father.
(b) His ex-wife looking after Ned for the day.
(c) His career.
(d) His favorite music.
3. What does Marcus not have a solution for in Chapter 5?
(a) How to make his mother feel better.
(b) How to lose weight.
(c) How to become cool.
(d) How to get better grades.
4. Who does Suzie introduce Will to in Chapter 8?
5. What does Will's date tell him on their first date?
(a) That she has children.
(b) That she is forty-five.
(c) That she is in school.
(d) That she is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona insist on at the end of Chapter 11?
2. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
4. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
5. What does Fiona say is the reason that she has arranged for Marcus to go out on Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Angie?
2. What does Will find himself looking forward to?
3. Describe Will's night at Fiona's and Marcus' home in Chapter 14.
4. Describe Will's lunch with Marcus and Fiona in Chapter 13.
5. How is Will feeling about his life in Chapter 12?
6. How does Will come to the realization that single mothers are the perfect companions for men with commitment issues?
7. Why does Marcus blame his mother and teachers for the bullying he faces at school?
8. How does Will become involved again with Marcus in Chapter 12?
9. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
10. What frightens Marcus is Chapter 5?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)