Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Marcus take Will and Suzie at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) The pond.
(c) His flat.
(d) A diner.
3. Who is Roger?
(a) Fiona's most recent boyfriend.
(b) Will's father.
(c) Will's best friend.
(d) Fiona's brother.
4. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) His mother's suicide note.
(b) A letter from Will.
(c) A dead rat.
(d) A gift for him from his father.
5. How does Marcus try to avoid bullies in Chapter 3?
(a) He helps the teachers clean after school.
(b) He joins a club that gathers before and after school.
(c) He skips classes.
(d) He arrives early and remains inside at recess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
2. What does Will find unappetizing in Chapter 14?
3. What does Suzie insist on doing in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Marcus partly blame his mother for the trouble he faces at school?
5. Where do Marcus and Fiona live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Will and Fiona discuss over a drink in Chapter 18?
2. What is Fiona concerned about in Chapter 36? How does Will make her feel better?
3. What happens outside a news agent in Chapter 27?
4. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
5. How does Will come to the realization that single mothers are the perfect companions for men with commitment issues?
6. What lie does Will tell in Chapter 8?
7. Describe Will's lunch with Marcus and Fiona in Chapter 13.
8. What happens to a duck at the SPAT picnic? How does Will cover up for Marcus because of the duck?
9. Why does Marcus become angry at Ellie in Chapter 29?
10. How does Marcus defend his visits to Will's house in Chapter 17?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)