|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus not have a solution for in Chapter 5?
(a) How to make his mother feel better.
(b) How to get better grades.
(c) How to lose weight.
(d) How to become cool.
2. What does Will ask Suzie in Chapter 12?
(a) If she needs him to babysit.
(b) If she would go out with him.
(c) If it would be appropriate to take Marcus out for an afternoon.
(d) If Marcus is adopted.
3. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
(a) She giggles.
(b) She pretends not to hear him.
(c) She weeps uncontrollably.
(d) She ends the relationship first.
4. What do the bullies do to Marcus in Chapter 7?
(a) Try to trash his house.
(b) Try to make it look like he stole candy.
(c) Try to throw him in a newly-dug grave.
(d) Try to give him a weggie.
5. Where does Marcus run into bullies in Chapter 7?
(a) The local news agent's store.
(b) Outside his house.
(c) At Church.
(d) In a graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona insist on at the end of Chapter 11?
2. What does Marcus believe he has done at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Who is Roger?
4. What does Will do when Fiona calls him again in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Will never get any job offers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Marcus tries to hang out with some boys in Chapter 5?
2. What happens to Marcus' mother in Chapter 1? How does this affect Marcus and how does he try to make his mother feel better?
3. How does Will feel about the drama at the hospital and being there for it?
4. What does Marcus conclude about his family in Chapter 11?
5. What lie does Will tell at the SPAT meeting?
6. Describe Will as depicted in Chapter 2.
7. What lie does Will tell in Chapter 8?
8. How does Will come to the realization that single mothers are the perfect companions for men with commitment issues?
9. Why does Marcus try to turn off the film in Chapter 11?
10. Why is Marcus bullied and how does he handle the bullying?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)