|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Will date this woman in Chapter 4?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) Three months.
2. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
(a) News of how Fiona is doing.
(b) Fiona to shower and dress so they can go out.
(c) A table at the restaurant.
(d) A taxi.
3. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
(a) His ex-wife looking after Ned for the day.
(b) His dying father.
(c) His career.
(d) His favorite music.
4. Where does Will meet the woman he dates in Chapter 4?
(a) At the grocery store.
(b) At a basketball match.
(c) In a diner.
(d) At the library.
5. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) His mother's suicide note.
(c) A gift for him from his father.
(d) A letter from Will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcus run into bullies in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Will find sullen and difficult to get along with in Chapter 8?
3. What is Marcus frightened by in Chapter 5?
4. What is Will grateful for at the end of Chapter 10?
5. Why is dinner stressful in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Will's lunch with Marcus and Fiona in Chapter 13.
2. Why is Marcus bullied and how does he handle the bullying?
3. What lie does Will tell at the SPAT meeting?
4. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
5. What does Will think of marriage and children?
6. Describe Will as depicted in Chapter 2.
7. Why does Marcus try to turn off the film in Chapter 11?
8. How does Marcus find his mother when he returns home in Chapter 7? What does she tell him?
9. What does Will find himself looking forward to?
10. From whose perspective is the novel "About a Boy" told from?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)