|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Will date this woman in Chapter 4?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
2. What does SPAT stand for?
(a) Single Parents, Alone Together.
(b) Sandwiches, Pizza And Tacos.
(c) Science Psycology, Abstract Thinking
(d) Single Parents, Always Tired.
3. What does Will find himself looking forward to in Chapter 16?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Marcus' visits.
(c) Marcus going off to college.
(d) Marcus' fish and chips.
4. How old is Ned?
(a) Two years old.
(b) One year old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Four years old.
5. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
(a) Will and Marcus.
(b) Will and Fiona.
(c) Roger and Will.
(d) Marcus and Fiona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcus begin to imagine during lunch in Chapter 13?
2. What does a group of older kids throw at Marcus in Chapter 16?
3. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
4. Where do Marcus and Fiona live?
5. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcus find at home in Chapter 11?
2. How is Will feeling about his life in Chapter 12?
3. What does Will think of marriage and children?
4. How does Marcus find his mother when he returns home in Chapter 7? What does she tell him?
5. What frightens Marcus is Chapter 5?
6. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
7. What happens when Marcus tries to hang out with some boys in Chapter 5?
8. Describe Will's lunch with Marcus and Fiona in Chapter 13.
9. How does Will come to the realization that single mothers are the perfect companions for men with commitment issues?
10. What does Marcus conclude about his family in Chapter 11?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)