|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marcus try to hang out with at school in Chapter 5?
(a) The football team.
(b) A girl in his French class.
(c) The `cool kids`.
(d) Boys from the computer club.
2. What does Marcus believe he has done at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Stepped in gum.
(b) Lost three pounds.
(c) Made a friend.
(d) Killed a duck.
3. Who does Marcus interrupt at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Will and Fiona.
(b) Will and Suzie.
(c) Nick and Suzie.
(d) Fiona and her boyfriend.
4. Who is Ned?
(a) Will's nephew.
(b) Will's made-up son.
(c) Will's son.
(d) Will's father.
5. What do Fiona and Marcus do that Will has no interest in in Chapter 14?
(a) Pray before eating.
(b) Play a board game.
(c) They sing romantic ballads.
(d) Look at an old photo album.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Will tell the park keeper in Chapter 9?
2. What does Will realize at the end of Chapter 4?
3. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Will become interested in in Chapter 6?
5. What does a group of older kids throw at Marcus in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcus try to turn off the film in Chapter 11?
2. What happens after Will ignores Fiona's message in Chapter 14?
3. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
4. What does Will find himself looking forward to?
5. What does Will almost wish at the SPAT meeting? Why does he almost wish this?
6. What frightens Marcus is Chapter 5?
7. Describe Will's lunch with Marcus and Fiona in Chapter 13.
8. How does Will feel about the drama at the hospital and being there for it?
9. From whose perspective is the novel "About a Boy" told from?
10. How does Marcus find his mother when he returns home in Chapter 7? What does she tell him?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)