|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will buy for Marcus in Chapter 16?
(a) A baseball glove and ball.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) New school supplies.
(d) New shoes.
2. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
(a) His dying father.
(b) His ex-wife looking after Ned for the day.
(c) His career.
(d) His favorite music.
3. Why does Will never get any job offers?
(a) He is always late for interviews.
(b) He has no job history.
(c) He only applies for jobs he is unqualified for.
(d) He has bad work references.
4. What does Marcus accuse Will of in Chapter 14?
(a) Breaking his mother's heart.
(b) Lying about Ned.
(c) Resting on his laurels.
(d) Stealing his CD player.
5. How old is Will in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marcus interrupt at the end of Chapter 8?
2. What has Marcus hit a duck with at the SPAT picnic?
3. What does Will ask Suzie in Chapter 12?
4. What do Will, Suzie and Marcus wait for in Chapter 10?
5. What does Will do when he sees the older kids going after Marcus in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Marcus' mother in Chapter 1? How does this affect Marcus and how does he try to make his mother feel better?
2. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
3. What happens to Marcus at the news agent's store in Chapter 7?
4. What lie does Will tell at the SPAT meeting?
5. Describe Will as depicted in Chapter 2.
6. What does Marcus conclude about his family in Chapter 11?
7. Why is Marcus bullied and how does he handle the bullying?
8. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
9. What does Will almost wish at the SPAT meeting? Why does he almost wish this?
10. What does Marcus find at home in Chapter 11?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)