|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcus decide of his family?
(a) It is dysfunctional.
(b) It is big.
(c) It should be bigger.
(d) It is strong.
2. What surprises Will when he tries to break it off with the woman in Chapter 4?
(a) She ends the relationship first.
(b) She weeps uncontrollably.
(c) She pretends not to hear him.
(d) She giggles.
3. What does Will suggest of Marcus' intent with the duck in Chapter 9?
(a) He must have been trying to shoo it away.
(b) He must have been trying to kill the duck.
(c) He must not have seen it.
(d) He must have been trying to catch it.
4. What has Marcus hit a duck with at the SPAT picnic?
(a) Some bread.
(b) His shoe.
(c) A ball.
(d) A bottle.
5. What is Will grateful for at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) That he can go home and separate himself from the events of the day.
(b) His new friend.
(c) His health.
(d) His outlook on life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Marcus and Fiona live?
2. What is Will convinced of in Chapter 14?
3. What is Will unsuccessful at doing in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Will date in Chapter 4?
5. What does Marcus wonder in regard to his mother in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marcus, Suzie and Will discover at the end of Chapter 9?
2. Why does Marcus blame his mother and teachers for the bullying he faces at school?
3. What does the reader learn about Ellie's mother in Chapter 25?
4. Who is Rachel?
5. What does Will find himself looking forward to?
6. What shocks Marcus' classmates in Chapter 21?
7. Why does Marcus try to turn off the film in Chapter 11?
8. What is Marcus' new theory about family in Chapter 35?
9. Why does Marcus try to keep Ellie from reading the papers in Chapter 31?
10. Who is Ellie? What do Ellie and Marcus talk about in Chapter 19?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)