|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Will in Chapter 4?
2. Why does the English teacher sometimes call Marcus crazy?
(a) Because he sings out loud to himself at inappropriate times.
(b) Because he laughs and cries at random moments.
(c) Because he likes to eat glue.
(d) Because his creative writing is filled with death and murder.
3. What does Suzie pick up Will for in Chapter 8?
(a) A date.
(b) Babysitting Marcus.
(c) The SPAT picnic.
(d) Neighborhood watch.
4. What is Will unsuccessful at doing in Chapter 10?
(a) Consoling Marcus.
(b) Making a gourmet dinner.
(c) Making Suzie laugh with his best gag.
(d) Catching some sleep.
5. Why do the students ask Marcus not to hang out with them in Chapter 5?
(a) He has a strange odor.
(b) They are being teased because Marcus is around.
(c) He is mean to them.
(d) They already have too many friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Marcus live before his most recent move?
2. Where does Marcus spend the night in Chapter 10?
3. What kind of test is Will taking in Chapter 2?
4. Why does Marcus turn off the film in Chapter 11?
5. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Will ignores Fiona's message in Chapter 14?
2. What happens to a duck at the SPAT picnic? How does Will cover up for Marcus because of the duck?
3. What does Will think of marriage and children?
4. What does Marcus conclude about his family in Chapter 11?
5. What happens to Marcus' mother in Chapter 1? How does this affect Marcus and how does he try to make his mother feel better?
6. Who is Angie?
7. From whose perspective is the novel "About a Boy" told from?
8. How does Marcus find his mother when he returns home in Chapter 7? What does she tell him?
9. How does Will become involved again with Marcus in Chapter 12?
10. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)