|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
(a) Will and Fiona.
(b) Roger and Will.
(c) Will and Marcus.
(d) Marcus and Fiona.
2. What does Will tell himself is nice about his life in Chapter 12?
(a) That he is able to fill his days anyway he wants.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) That he is still young.
(d) That he is attractive to women.
3. Where does Will meet the woman he dates in Chapter 4?
(a) At a basketball match.
(b) At the library.
(c) In a diner.
(d) At the grocery store.
4. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) A letter from Will.
(b) A dead rat.
(c) A gift for him from his father.
(d) His mother's suicide note.
5. What does Marcus not have a solution for in Chapter 5?
(a) How to make his mother feel better.
(b) How to become cool.
(c) How to get better grades.
(d) How to lose weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why aren't the bullies successful in getting Marcus in trouble in Chapter 7?
2. What does Will make up a story about in Chapter 8?
3. Why does the English teacher sometimes call Marcus crazy?
4. Who is the author of "About a Boy"?
5. Will believes that he has convinced the woman he is interested in ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marcus bullied and how does he handle the bullying?
2. Who is Will introduced to in Chapter 8? What is Will's first impression of this person?
3. How does Marcus find his mother when he returns home in Chapter 7? What does she tell him?
4. From whose perspective is the novel "About a Boy" told from?
5. Who is Angie?
6. Why does Will buy Marcus shoes?
7. How is Will feeling about his life in Chapter 12?
8. Describe Will's lunch with Marcus and Fiona in Chapter 13.
9. How do Marcus and Will become closer in Chapter 15?
10. How does Will come to the realization that single mothers are the perfect companions for men with commitment issues?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)