|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two protagonists of the novel "About a Boy"?
(a) Will and Fiona.
(b) Roger and Will.
(c) Will and Marcus.
(d) Marcus and Fiona.
2. Where has Fiona arranged for Marcus to go on Saturday in Chapter 7?
(a) To Will's house.
(b) On a picnic with Suzie.
(c) To the shop to run errands.
(d) A pottery class.
3. What is Marcus frightened by in Chapter 5?
(a) His mother started crying at breakfast.
(b) A bully lurking outside his house.
(c) A spider.
(d) Showing his mother his grades.
4. Instead of being able to cheer his mother up in Chapter 1, what is Marcus only able to do?
(a) Distract her.
(b) Make her angry.
(c) Frustrate her.
(d) Make her cry.
5. After many visits from Marcus, what does Will stop doing?
(a) Trying to block him at the door.
(b) Calling Fiona to pick him up.
(c) Cleaning up for him.
(d) Making his food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Will convinced of in Chapter 14?
2. What do Marcus and Will often talk about in Chapter 16?
3. What do Suzie and Marcus discover when they walk inside Marcus' home in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Marcus turn off the film in Chapter 11?
5. What does Will's date tell him on their first date?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)