|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcus come to this conclusion about his family in Chapter 11?
(a) Because the needs of each member often fall to the wayside.
(b) He and his mother are drifting apart.
(c) Because he and his mother have never been closer.
(d) So he would not be alone if his mother died.
2. What does Fiona file a complaint about at Marcus' school in Chapter 19?
(a) Marcus' falling grades.
(b) The stolen sneakers.
(c) The cafeteria lunches.
(d) The lack of supervision during recess.
3. How does Marcus react when he sees Ellie at Suzie's New Year's Eve party?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is surprised.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is angered.
4. What does Marcus find at his house in Chapter 11?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) A gift for him from his father.
(c) A letter from Will.
(d) His mother's suicide note.
5. What does Will wonder at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) If he would make a good father.
(b) If he will ever truly be happy.
(c) If he is perhaps finally ready for a commitment.
(d) If he should get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Will feel about Fiona's request in Chapter 18?
2. What does Will tell himself is nice about his life in Chapter 12?
3. What does Will buy at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What does Ellie confess to Marcus in Chapter 25?
5. What does a bully steal from Marcus in Chapter 27?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)