|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Asked how he'll feel if he loses, how does Lincoln predict he will feel?
(a) Crushed beyond belief.
(b) Afraid to face Mary.
(c) The greatest sense of relief.
(d) As flustered as a toad in hot water.
2. What promise does Mary Todd extract from Lincoln before agreeing to marry him?
(a) He will never again falter or run away from her.
(b) He will submit to a thorough psychiatric evaluation.
(c) He promises to take her advice in every situation.
(d) He vows to work day and night to become President for her.
3. What institution does Douglas use to bolster his argument that negroes are not equal under the Constitution?
(a) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(b) The National Rifle Association.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Supreme Court.
4. What has Lincoln been doing since breaking his engagement to Mary Todd?
(a) Practicing law and building a fortune.
(b) Just drifting, down around Kentucky and Indiana.
(c) Teaching down in Kentucky and Indiana.
(d) Studying to become a missionary preacher.
5. How is the crowd outside receiving voting results?
(a) Announcements are made by loudspeaker.
(b) Through their Twitter accounts.
(c) A crier shouts the results from the roof of the State House.
(d) By images flashed by a magic lantern outside the State House.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lincoln leaves the parlor for a moment, how does one of his visitors in Act 3, Scene 9 describe him?
2. In Act 2, Scene 7, what is the fear Seth Gale has about traveling with Gobey?
3. What's the first thing one of the guests in Act 3, Scene 10 does after sitting down in the Lincolns' parlor?
4. What is the mood of the crowd surging around Lincoln at the railroad station?
5. How does Mary Todd describe her part in the break-up of the engagement to Lincoln?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)