Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the moderator of the debate between Lincoln and Douglas?
(a) Whoopi Goldberg.
(b) Ninian Edwards.
(c) Bowling Green.
(d) Elizabeth Edwards.
2. What is it that the visitors to Lincoln's home in Act 3, Scene 10 want to talk about with him?
(a) Opening a local branch of Macy's.
(b) Taking over the Department of Justice.
(c) Shutting down the abolitionist newspaper.
(d) Running for President of the United States.
3. Who is fetching water for Seth Gale's sick son in Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Seth Gale's good friend, Gobey.
(b) The Gale family slave, Gobey.
(c) Gobey, a free negro who works for the family.
(d) Gobey, a runaway slave.
4. What are Lincoln's visitors really looking for in their candidate for President?
(a) Someone honest enough to tell voters the truth, regardless of the consequences.
(b) A man who will appeal to Southerners leaning toward secession.
(c) A candidate with enough education to appeal to businessmen.
(d) Someone who will do what they tell him, both before and after the election.
5. How does Lincoln conclude his prayer for the health of Jimmy Gale?
(a) "Give us all strength, oh God, to do the work that is before us."
(b) "Grant this boy the breath to live long enough to bury his father."
(c) "Grant us the will to fight for the vitality of our nation."
(d) "Give us the strength to bear the death of this young boy."
Short Answer Questions
1. To which of Shakespeare's characters does Douglas compare Lincoln?
2. What state delivers the final votes needed for Lincoln's victory?
3. After 18 years of marriage to Lincoln, what is it that Mary Todd is bitter about?
4. What is Mary Todd's reaction to word of Lincoln's arrival at her home In Act 2, Scene 8?
5. What does Seth Gale's wife want for her sick son, besides the help of a doctor?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)