Short Essay Questions Key
1. What sentiment does Daniel Webster express in the speech that Lincoln reads in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is Webster reacting or responding to in the speech Lincoln reads in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Does Lincoln's teacher agree or disagree with the argument Webster makes for maintaining the Union in the speech Lincoln reads in the first scene of the play?
4. Why is it that debt is always heavy on Lincoln's mind during his early adulthood, covered by Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Is Lincoln liked or disliked in the community of New Salem, according to his teacher in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. What is Lincoln's feeling about his career prospects as a young adult studying English in New Salem?
This section contains 1,857 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)